The FM 'Give Youth A Chance' Challenge

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez, how many cups are there??

FA Vase

2nd Qual Round lost home to non-league club Canning

Sussex Senior Cup

Through to third round after beating league one clubs Arundel and East Grinstead :)

Sussex Charity Cup

Lost in 2nd round to league one club Mile Oaks, after giving away two penalties after leading 1-0 away

Sussex Division 2 Challenge Cup

Through to quarter finals after beating Loxwood at home

My players are injured, injured and injured - or fatigued, thanks to the tight schedule.

Comfort is though that the club have £10K in the bank, thanks to £5K in prize money :)

I sold 20... :p (avg attendance = EDIT: 73 atm ! :D)

My first convincing win ! 3-0 away win vs Whickham (2 penalties :D)

Im now 3rd with 14 points (7 games). 3 points behind first placed Crook (9 games).

Already knocked out of two cups tho :p Only 1 left (Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup)

And lol... Im in 20th place in the Avg Attendance ranking... (out of 20)

I sold 20... :p (avg attendance = EDIT: 73 atm ! :D)

My first convincing win ! 3-0 away win vs Whickham (2 penalties :D)

Im now 3rd with 14 points (7 games). 3 points behind first placed Crook (9 games).

Already knocked out of two cups tho :p Only 1 left (Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup)

And lol... Im in 20th place in the Avg Attendance ranking... (out of 20)

I am doing way better for attendance than you!

My lowest is 124, my highest is 193, and my average in the league is 181.

I also just found that I actually sold 45 season tickets.

Summary of my season so far:

Started the league fairly poorly, drawing 0-0 in my first 2 matches, but won my next 2, scoring 4 and conceding 1 (only played 4 league matches so far).

I got through the first qualifying round for the FA Vase, 2-0 against Horndean.

I also won on penalties in the Gloucestershire Challenge Trophy 1st Round, against Level 9 team Hallen.

So, its going OK so far.

I got £25k too. But red £££...

Im starting to get worried about yellow cards... in the last match the ref gave a yellow card by every foul...8 yellow cards for my team (and wasnt the first time :/ )

Btw... I just got knocked out of all 3 cups :D And 6 draws in the last 6 matches put me in 3rd place :(

FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round, Replay

Seaford - Bromsgrove: 1-0

The Crouch, Attendance: 388

1-0: Andy Fuller (80)

Sent Off: Gary Hanlon(Bromsgrove) - 2YC (54)

1st round here we come :D

Edit: 1st round against Chesham. Oh well, can we beat a team from Regional Premier Division, we sure can beat a team from Regional First Division :)

Congratulations saint, always good to see some success in this challenge!

I was stuck in a rut for a while, got knocked out a few cups and only won about 1 in 9 games, but a recent switch to classical tactics have seen an upturn in form, 3 wins and a draw in the last 4 games has seen us up to 9th in the league, although we are still a small distance from the playoffs. 14 games and 18 points, but at least we have scored the third most in the league, somehow.

Argh! Keep dominating games but just cant score, before the other team scores a 20 yard screamer to win it. Just lost my last 3 on the bounce without scoring and all 1 - 0, and everytime the headline has been somebody strikes lucky to beat me!

Very frustrating, I think ay hope of playoffs this season is just about dead.

I dunno how to change the link to something else, would like to know how to do it though

However this is what i've got to so far:

Me -http://img38.imageshack.us/i/86912979.jpg/

Team - http://img193.imageshack.us/i/teamka.jpg/

And just to show I haven't cheated :)

Transfers - http://img7.imageshack.us/i/transfersgi.jpg/

So far i'm 9th - Played 7 , won 3, drew 3 and lost 1.

Also, I haven't been knocked out the cup yet, although all these replays are not helping me...

Being that I live 15 minutes from Portsmouth's Fratton Park (and being that they aren't exactly eligible for this challenge), I had already given up hope of managing my 'local' club. But then I remembered US Portsmouth, our only other team playing at a reasonably high level. Upon looking through the database, I found that they play at Level 10, in the (almost entirely Hampshire based) Wessex D1. Fantastic!

Predicted 18th, I seemingly don't have much to work with.. But then the club is made up of members of the Royal Navy who are currently stationed in the city, along with a few talented youngsters deemed not good for Portsmouth's first club. I'm looking forward to this! :D

so ive started a new game hers my profile: athertony.th.jpg but can i ask am i only allowed to play players from my under 18 squad???

EDIT: Strikers- 1 finishing 9 composure, 14 acceleration 13 pace and 2 finishing 9 composure 11 acceleration and pace so not bad :) plus my team seem to have agression issues over 10 of them have agression 15+

facup.png

Witham: Essex Senior, Level 9

Little Common: Sussex County Div 2, Level 10

Coleshill: Midland Alliance, Level 9

Bromsgrove: Southern Premier, Regional Premier

Chesham: Southern Div 1 SW, Regional 1st Div

Kettering: Blue Square Premier

Meeting Kettering for us would be like a BSP meeting a PL team (looking at number of levels between us) - Im laughing all the way to the internet-bank now :D

(and should we win against Kettering, next opponents will be L2 outfit Oxford...)

I feel with you tomo... I did too, but it seems like we are starting to play football now. Changed 442 to 442 Diamond Wide, and after a couple of games I suddenly getting more and more goals from open play:)

4-1 latest against Godalming, 1 goal from corner, 3 from open play (SC*2 + AMC*1) - had 8 out of 15 on target, which is some kind of a record :)

Hmm... 1 match to go. Im in a tough position :D

After 6 consecutive draws (!) Im even in points with Northallerton... Table My GD is higher (16 for me 15 for them) but not just any win is enough... Considering Ive had a lot of draws and the few wins I had were 1-0 or 2-1...

God... I dont wanna go to the play-offs !!

Btw I scored that "huge" ammount of goals thanks to 10 penalties :D

Yay I did it :D

Stokesley - Gillford Park 0-2 (with a little help from Stokesley's defense on allowing a goal from Sweeney and an own goal)

Northallerton won 1-0.

Final Table

I got knocked out of all 3 cups in the first round.

I had no real stars, none of my players actually stood out..

Billy Goodwin - My top scorer.. really nothing special :p

Keith Westwood The fans loved this guy. Was pretty much the only one that performed consistently.

Phill Harris Penalty Kick Taker :p (one of them). He's one of the few players I'd miss...

My goal average is exactly 1 per match :D (2 runs of 6 consecutive draws didnt help)

But weirdly every other level 10 division had better goal averages than mine... (30 matches 40+ goals and so on..)

Cheers i've added the 5th Tier in Spain so that i've got at least half as many Tiers to play with (its not perfect but it'll do) i'll start in the lowest Tier and follow the Rules.

Profile - F.C Andorra Facilities.

Thought i'd see how i do with Football Club Andorra see if i cant improve their national side as i go along ... Updates to follow.

Archived