dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hastings United, Season 2012-13 – Season Three, Blue Square South

Summary

After getting pretty close last year, there was a real feeling around the club (and the thread!) that this could be our season. Lake-Gaskin and Cassius’ partnership up front could surely only get better, and in Phil Parkin we had the seedling of a major club legend.

Transfers

Yes – that’s THE Curtis Woodhouse, who has made three Premiership appearances and around 200 in the Championship. However he was far from the signing of the season – in fact he was a real let down. However four of those signings were significant – Warren, Hall, Male and Dunk made 131 appearances between them this season and though Warren was by far the best (7.21 in 18 games), all three of the others had AvRs of around 7. All four of those will play a big part next season – Dunk looks likely to partner Parkin, replacing the disappointing Darren Craddock permanently next year.

Competition Reports

Blue Square South

Similar to last season in many respects – again we went on a long unbeaten run – this time extending our record to 17 games. Four defeats in the first seven games cost us very dearly. But six points more than last season has to be seen as an improvement. Indeed, our points total from this year would have seen us just one point from the playoffs last season – and some important wins over rival teams might have sneaked us into that top 5.

The Final Table this season. Salisbury City just about held off the threat of Chelmsford to win the league. Weston-Super-Mare managed to comfortably avoid the drop despite a ten point deduction.

The playoffs saw two 3-1 away wins in the first leg, Chelmsford and Dover overcoming Hayes & Yeading and Eastleigh. The second legs were both closer, and Eastleigh beat Dover but the one goal margin and Chelmsford’s victory meant that the first leg results were decisive, so Eastleigh missed out again along with H&Y, and Chelmsford and Dover met in the Playoff Final at Oxford’s Kassam Stadium...

The e.on FA Cup

Disappointing in the extreme.

The FA Trophy

Ditto, really.

The squad.

With selected stats for all competitions, ordered by the amount of time they spent on the pitch – a rough guide to their importance to the team I suppose. 5 hour minimum qualification threshold.

The major positive I can see here is that the goals, assists and man of the match awards were very well spread out which suggests that we’re very much a team unit. Given that our best player is a central defender, it’s perhaps not that surprising. You could argue that with the formation we play meaning that the onus is very much on the strikers to score a lot of goals, Cassius should perhaps have done a little better, but with so many players getting goals here and there, I think if we can get both strikers scoring again, we’ll get there.

Key Players

Tommy Warren

Sadly Tommy really sums up our season. He was really starting to emerge as a star for the side, before a broken leg in January against Chelmsford ended his season. His progress this year should mean he’ll be a regular in the side once again when he does eventually recover.

Phil Parkin

His torn calf muscle kept him out for four months, and although we actually did fairly well in his absence, I feel sure that had he stayed fit, we would have had those eight extra points by the end of the season to get us into the playoffs. His progress has clearly been stunted by the injury and sad though that is, it might just work in our favour as it should allow me to keep him for a while longer.

Louis Lavers and Chris Lock

Impossible to split these two. They shared left-back duties, one of them played more games, but the other played better when he did play. Lock’s 8 years more experience could probably have meant he would have been the first choice next year but Lavers is undoubtedly the natural successor, and Lock’s refusal to sign a new contract seems to make his immediate promotion likely.

Andrew Hawksworth

Bit of an unsung hero, this guy. He’s been the most consistent performer over the three seasons I’ve been managing here, apart from Parkin of course!

Sebastien Lake-Gaskin

Having been unspectacular in the first half of the season, managing only 7 goals before the turn of the year, he sprang to life in January and February with 9 goals in 5 games, and continued his good form to end up with a good return for the year.

Notable others:

Despite his rather disappointing goals return, Marcus Cassius did play well and if he can find his goalscoring form of last year again he will be a fantastic player, whilst Harrison Dunk looks like he will be a fantastic partner for Parkin if they can both stay fit next season, though Francis and Lyskov will have something to say about that. Ryan Hall and Luke Male have made good starts to their careers, but Sam Hatton had a disappointing season after two fantastic years before now. Hopefully he can rediscover his form, although he wont be able to do so until around November/December due to his broken foot. Looking back, it was a horrific season for injuries, although I didn’t realise it at the time. It shows that this season has been more of a step forward than I realised when I started this report!!

Finances

Cost-cutting has stabilised us a bit, although close to £250,000 of investment “to help with running costs” perhaps takes some of the gloss off my own achievement here. The thing is I can’t cut costs much further without severely impairing my team. Will try to do a bit more over the summer, though. I think the only big target in terms of transfers is a new goalkeeper. We also got a new sponsorship deal which gives us an extra £2k a year. Not much but something!

Club Records and Awards

>> Biggest Defeat: 4-0 v Basingstoke, League, 11th August. (Coincidentally, my biggest win is also 4-0 vs. Basingstoke!)

>> Most Games Won in a Row: 4, 29th January to 16th February.

>> Most Games Without Losing: 10, 6th October to 8th December.

>> Most Games Without Conceding: 4, 20th October to 6th November.

>> Top Goalscorer in a Season: Sebastien Lake-Gaskin – 24 Goals

>> Top League Goalscorer in a Season: Sebastien Lake-Gaskin – 24 Goals

>> Most Goals in a Match: Sebastien Lake-Gaskin – 4, v Tooting & Mitcham, 2nd February.

Cumulative records (will be published every season as long as the holder is at the club):

>> Most League Apps for the Club

Record got broken several times this season.

Currently: Phil Parkin – 105

>> Most League Goals for the Club: Sebastien Lake-Gaskin – 38

>> Fans’ Player of the Year: Louis Lavers

FPOY wins:

Phil Parkin: 2

Louis Lavers: 1

>> Lake-Gaskin was the BSS Top Goalscorer with 24 goals

MY team of the year:

Scarsella

Hawksworth – Dunk – Parkin – Lavers

Warren

Hatton – Hall – Male

Cassius – Lake-Gaskin

Subs: Day, Lock, Jones, Morrison, Francis.

Overall XI….Hall, Craddock, Day and Dunk were all inducted this year.

New Youth Cohort

This year’s pick of the bunch for me, although the wonderfully named Lee Lee is more what we need right now, and has been put straight into the first team squad. The player my assistant picked out didn’t look very good to me.

How are we going to push this team to promotion? Is it just a question of finding the right players? Most of this team seems good enough now, and in Parkin, Warren, Hatton and Lake-Gaskin, we seem to have a fantastic spine in the team, and we are capable of putting great runs together, but it seems defeats affect them too much, and tend to lead to more defeats. What could I be doing wrong? ANYONE??

Previous Seasons:

Season One (2010-11)

Season Two (2011-12)

After taken over the Brazil squad i asked my assistant to take care of freindly matches for Kingstonian.. but geese man, he started spreading bad squad harmony. This must be a bug because this has happened before with another manager.. Pretty annoying that i have to travel all the way from Australia to England to play freindly matches.... ;)

Huge decesion I really dont know what to say to this. At some point i wanna try international management but i think it might be to soon. BUT Brazil is the best squad in the world and it would be nice to win all international competetion as well and Brazil would be a nice place to start by winning copa america and maybee world cup?

WOW i just realized that Brazil are actually playing world cup right now ?!?!?! and are in the Quarter finals?

I dont understand how this is possible? that they dont have a manager in the middle of the world cup??

The history says that they sacked Leo the 25th of june

He may have retired as the retirement date is around then and the game sometimes claims a retired manager was sacked.

International Management

World cup Brazil

After the completion of the Challenge i had no idea that i would be giving a huge international opportunity.

But Brazil were looking for a manager to take them from the Quarter finals to the final in WQ! Yes. They actually sacked their

manager the 25/6 after they had quailified to the QF in the world cup!! So i accepted the offer(doh:)).

Quarter Final

We where incredible lucky to win this game, and it could have made me the fastest sacked manager in the history:)

Semi Final Thx to my own player Marquinhos we deservedly won the game

and up in the finals where... England !

Final

We had the game completely under control and won deservedly! It feels quite funny i have won the world cup by only playing 3 games lol!

But im looking forward trying to win the Copa America before moving on.

Nation  Competetion           Year       Achievement

Haha well done kaNovi, bit of a gift though eh? Euro 2032 qualifying is going well with England so far, P3 W3 F14 A0 :)

Season 21 is nearly over for me, just the FA Cup Final to play, against Hull so fingers crossed... got some good things to say about my young up and coming players, especially a certain one, so I'll include stuff about them in the update!

Life in League 2 is proving to be more difficult than imagined. I've already been kicked out of one cup and are currently in 17th spot after 2 games. I still have the first win to come.

On the bright side, I've signed some decent youngsters who I believe can be quite good.

Edith says: I guess I forum jinxed it because I just had the first win, a sweet 2-0 win away against Bury :)

Season 21 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Premier League - 1st, Champions (Table)

Champions League - Winners

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - 4th Round (lost v Man City)

Club World Championship - Winners

European Super Cup - Winners

Community Shield - Winners

Transfers

Our best season in terms of points in the Premier League so far, although we did lose 2 games this time, and a third in the League Cup, so that unbeaten season isn't happening yet.

The main positive to come from this season, though, is the way in which the new young prospects I've brought in/had come through the academy have fitted into the team, and kept the standard of results up. That said, it is mainly due to this man:

Massimiliano Maggio - What a season! And he's only 19! I have high hopes that he'll go on to bag a whole load of goals for us in the future, and he's clearly a big game man, with the winner in the Champions League Final - not to mention the Semi Final as well.

As for the rest of the young'ins, here's Joe Thomas who's from the academy, probably made the biggest impact on the side of the three - Mike Williamson and Simon Evans were the other two. I think Joe Thomas will go on to become a wonderkid, and possibly Williamson too, but Evans is lagging behind the other two in terms of development unfortunately. I may send him out on loan next year to try and bring him forward a little.

Finally, our other current wonderkid, Perry Fisher. Already capped for my England side, and always improving for us. He missed several months of the season with injury; I hope that doesn't become a regular occurrence as he's an excellent prospect.

Next season the plan is to move on a few more of the old-timers, already got 3 excellent players coming in on free transfers with some of the mental stats I felt were lacking when tutoring some of my prospects. Hopefully Maggio will break the 50 goals barrier, and we'll keep bringing home the pots :)

Season    League                  Position  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South       1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier     1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two    4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One    6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One    4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One    17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One    2nd       Promoted
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship  18th      None
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship  21st      None
2019/20   Coca-Cola Championship  9th       None
2020/21   Coca-Cola Championship  6th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2021/22   Premier League          13th      None
2022/23   Premier League          14th      None
2023/24   Premier League          9th       None
2024/25   Premier League          4th       League Cup Runners Up
2025/26   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions
2026/27   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners
2027/28   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
2028/29   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
2029/30   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, League Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners
[b]2030/31   Premier League          1st       Premier League Champions, Champions League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Club World Championship Winners[/b]

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

Season 7 - 2016/17

Season 8 - 2017/18

Season 9 - 2018/19

Season 10 - 2019/20

Season 11 - 2020/21

Season 12 - 2021/22

Season 13 - 2022/23

Season 14 - 2023/24

Season 15 - 2024/25

Season 16 - 2025/26

Season 17 - 2026/27

Season 18 - 2027/28

Season 19 - 2028/29

Season 20 - 2029/30

Season 21 - SnakeXe's International Career - England

European Championship Qualifying - 1st (Group I)

Friendlies - Played 5, Won 4, Drawn 1, Lost 0

Not a great deal to say yet, other than it's all been pretty easy so far. Done pretty well in the qualifying, topping the group with a 100% record and only one goal conceded. It's a bit of a weird job to be doing at the moment, as the majority of the really good players are the wrong side of 30, and there really is not a lot between (in terms of age) them and the next generation coming in at 18-22.

Season    Nation                  Achievements                  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]2030/31   England                 None[/b]

North Ferriby 14/15

Table

Graph

Season Review: Well we are promoted again this one came down to being hard to beat, played with a solid counter tactic most of the season and it got us the quick goal we needed for 1-0 wins, then when playing the bottom teams Ludwig went crazy with hat tricks.

The real hero moment of the season was beating a struggling Liverpool in the FA Cup at home with a awesome goal from Fitzharris.

I am fearing the gap from where some of our players are to Championship though, stadium still only holds 2500 and we can't expand it, we maxed it out most of last season so I might be getting a new one soon.

FA Cup

Paint Trophy

Carling Cup

Cup Review: Awesome win at home over Liverpool in the FA Cup, horrible result in the JPT I had wanted to go deep into that one again but we just collapsed. We forced the game into extra time in the Carling Cup but then everyone started taking knocks and we fell apart.

Transfers

Squad

Finances

Season        Division            Position                 Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSN                 4th                 Lost in Playoff Finals
2011/12       BSN                 1st                        Promoted          
2012/13       BSP                 1st                 Promoted/FAT Winners
2013/14        L2                  1st                 Promoted/JPT Winners
2014/15        L1                  1st                        Promoted

Next Season: New CB and looking for a left winger still.

This has been a crazy 1st season in league 1:

So far in the 18 games ive played i have scored 47 (2.6/game) but conceded 31 (1.7/game)

Including this incredible victory over rochdale this was promptly followed by 4-0 and 5-1 defeats in the next two matches

A few weeks later this happens to rochdale again, i then had a look at rochdale's squad and it turns out they were playing an outfield player in goal as both their 1st team keepers were injured and they had no youth or reserve keeper.

I thaught it was my tactics that got us that victory, obviously it was a lot of luck as well :)

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2020/31

We had a perfect season last year, winning every competition we entered. This makes setting aims this year a little bit difficult, although the Premier League and Champions League are my main priorities.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It feels like we have taken a step backwards, but we haven't, the other teams have just got better. Last year only Reading managed more than 70 points so the league is getting more competitive again.

Community Shield - we got the win we deserved, the hard way.

UEFA Super Cup - it is not often you show Barca how to play, but we did.

FIFA Club World Cup - the early goals settled it for us, although Chivas did make a good go of things.

FA Cup - things were looking great with a set of dominant home words, before Javier made me regret my earlier comments.

Carling Cup - we were lucky to win this with two penalty shootouts and a couple of 1-0 wins, at least we deserved to win the final.

UEFA Champions League - the group stage was easy enough, with the only points dropped in a match where I rested a few players. We got through the knockout round seasily enough, although the semi was a bit close. The scoreline in the final flattered us, as we took a couple of early goals and never looked like losing.

Transfers - the sale of Estévez finances the new arrivals but the rest are all fees involving clauses and monthly payments, in an attempt to improve the long term finances of the club (currently £4.5m in debt after all the prize money has come in). The big story was the sale of Javier, who wanted a new challenge. He went for £10m + £40m over 48 months + £40m after 30 league goals. I've brought in a couple of Turkish players in the hope of moulding them for the national team I am managing.

Squad - we are definitely weaker with a couple of big name being replaced by youngsters but we still have a great squad.

Key Player Profiles:

Pol Sesma - massive dip from last season, which is due to the departure of Javier and the arrival of Bowditch.

Adam Bowditch - with Javier gone and Sesma ageing, I'm looking for a new long term star striker. 21 goals in his debut season is pretty impressive but I'm interested to see what there is to come.

Steve Shutt - this youth system product is now the highest rated player in my squad, and he has started to make a major contribution with his assists. 'World class' is perhaps a little flattering but he's a great player.

Cuma Sahan - one of the main reasons I took the Turkey job, he had another great season.

Tom McGoldrick - possibly better as a striker, but I've been lining him up as a replacement for Sahan. His impressive goalscoring record means I'm starting to consider accpeting a large bid for Cuman.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  2nd
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League and Champions League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL and CWC winners, Carling Cup finalists
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, FA Cup and Carling Cup winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL, CL, CWC, and Carling Cup winners

Next Season

I've got no real aim for next season, it is just a case of winning as much as possible while trying to keep the finances reasonable. I know we need a new stadium, but I don't think it is going to happen because the last one was only built 11 years ago. All I can do is continue to be successful and try to keep the finances in a position that would make it viable.

As for my long term aims, I want to start promoting youth team players but apart from Shutt and Ramm we haven't really had any that would really make it at this level. I'm going to concentrate building this club up before I start thinking about that, my next aim is our centenary year which is in 2032.

I ****ing hate my goalkeepers. Managed to get someone good in for 3 months on loan and we had a really good spell that fired us back up into the play-offs, but he left and I couldn't extend his loan, and I've had to put one of my other muppets back in and we've conceded 7 goals in his first two games back in the side. And to make it worse I can't find a single goalkeeper worth having who is willing to join me.

I think I'm close to getting sacked again :( Job listed as 'insecure' and I've just had a news item speculating that if we lose against Ilkeston (which would be four league defeats on the bounce) then I might be out of a job.

Well we've made a solid enough start in the Premiership - drawing 1-1 to Villa and Wigan before losing 3-1 to Chelsea (we did well against Chelsea until they replaced their starting World Class Strikers with the World Class Strikers they had on the bench :() and beating Preston in the Carling Cup where we needed extra time and 17 shots on target with 11 Clear Cut Chances - the ball just wouldn't go in the net unless we were off-side.

Whilst I obtained my first Wonderkid the Paraguayan Centre Back Rodrigo Maidana I picked up for a record £10.75m became a Wonderkid after his second game for us :cool:

Had a radical change of tactics which seems to have worked. We were lacking pace, strength and height. So....I decided to search for the tallest player in the game. Peter Preston is not quite Workinton's Nathan Crabb, but at his height, the 8cm he loses to Crabb arent very significant. Preston has been signed along with a new goalkeeper, Jan Budtz, to add some steel to the team. The sale of Luke Male was a sad day but this injection of steel into the team (Budtz is a bit of a brute at this level) should toughen them up. I have changed to a 5-3-2 and the first game after that was a 1-0 win, the first of the season. Hopefully the defence should be mean enough now. If my strikers can start scoring (they havent scored one between them yet), we WILL get promoted. Preston might not be a fantastic player, but Parkin is, and with Parkin's skill, Preston's size and the work rate of Harrison Dunk/Nicholas Lyskov, we WILL be a better team this year.

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2030/31

Predicted: 3rd

Finished: 1st

Last year we went the season unbeaten. Could we do better in the Champions League?

Could we cope without Curtis Mutch for the first few months?

League Table

League Table Graph

We only lost one game this season - to bloody Liverpool of all teams. The league was a doddle being truthful. We got our record points total and ended up more than 20 points clear.

Did enjoy this goal against Liverpool later in the season which kind of made me forget about them ending our streak.

Community Shield Business as usual. Not that it matters anyway.

Carling Cup Did better than previous season but I'll be damned if we were to actually try to win this distraction.

FA Cup Wasn't really concentrating on this trophy at all but we reached the semi-final without even realising and then made the final. Everytime we have lifted the trophy we won on penalities. Our fate was not without irony.

Champions League The last two seasons we have only made the quarter final stage. This season we did go one further and quite honestly, got stuck in a tight, tight game with Madrid. They got the only goal in the first leg at our place and we never could break them down at the Bernabeu. I wasn't happy but Madrid are a good side and did go on to comfortably win the trophy in the final.

-----------------------------------

Squad Will not be adding to the squad for a while, as the players who are aging have youngsters in my reserves/u-18s who will be given a chance to replace them.

Dartford players representing..

World Team of the Year

World Footballer of the Year

World Player of the Year

European Goalkeeper of the Year

European Striker of the Year

European Footballer of the Year

FWA Footballer of the Year

PFA Young Player of the Year

Premier League Top Scorer

PFA Player of the Year

-----------------------------------

Transfers Brazillian wonderkid Hudson (well he was by the end of this season) was the only first teamer brought in. Rest are for the future. Will probably be the last time for a few years I spend money in the summer.

Finances Could be better. Lack of transfers out put us in debt.

------------------------------------

Key Players This Season

Perez His task of filling in for Curtis Mutch was a breeze. A top defender and now as far as I'm concerned I have three great centre backs.

Tiaguinho Sometimes I forget about this guy. Seems I just expect him to deliver but he is now our record league goal scorer after overtaking Jaime Ortega.

Marko Grgic Nevermind winning awards galore. This guy is still only 23! Best signing I've ever made and that's some statement when it was a £34million fee.

Javier Rock solid.

Mario Henrique Just continues to dominate his position.

Youth Prospects

Steve Smith New prospect came onto my radar. Could be a top defender.

Italy

Got the Italy job at the start of the summer. To be honest it hasn't been plain sailing as whilst the squad has a few stars, overall the depth just isn't there.

Drew at home to Belgium and then shockingly in the return they thrashed us 3-1. Checked the squad after and they aren't as bad as I made them out to be but still, it wasn't good enough.

So we're sort of lingering in our European Qualifier Group and I'm wondering if I should just resign as I can't really be bothered to work with this untalented lot.

We'll see..

Club Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Carling Cup Winners, FA Cup finalists, Qualified for Europa League
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, Europa League Winners, Qualified for the Champions League
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  1st         Premier League Winners, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Winners, Super Cup Winners

[i]Challenge Complete[/i]

2027/28   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners, CWC Winners, CL Winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, CWC Winners
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup Winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         PL Winners, FA Cup finalists

International Career Overview

Season    Nation                   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]Hired by Brazil[/b]

2027/28   Brazil                   N/A
2028/29   Brazil                   Qualified for the 2030 World Cup

[b]Sacked by Brazil[/b]

[b]Hired by Italy[/b]

2030/31   Italy                    N/A

Next Season

Got another good chunky stadium expansion to look forward to being completed firstly.

Obviously my goal is to win the league for the 7th time and try my hardest to get the Champions League trophy back to Dartford.

I'll be doing this without signing or adding anyone.

Well done all of you who are continuing winning trophies :) hopefully i can follow!

SnakeXe, i reckon my prospects are better than yours ;)

Dafuge i still think Bateman(wasnt that his name?) looked better than Bowditch! How is bateman doing? and could you perhaps post an SS :p

Well done all of you who are continuing winning trophies :) hopefully i can follow!

SnakeXe, i reckon my prospects are better than yours ;)

Dafuge i still think Bateman(wasnt that his name?) looked better than Bowditch! How is bateman doing? and could you perhaps post an SS :p

I think Maggio is the best of all between ours, but then only Fisher of mine is on the same level as yours, so you probably win overall ;) - then again I do have some more bought-in prospects I didn't put up as they haven't made much of an impact on the first team, who look up to the standard of yours

Bateman looked good but never performed and I think dafuge said he sold him IIRC...

I have the same problem, im mostly getting great prospect but all of them are defensive.

But take a look at my newest prospect Brakenridge He must seriusly be one of the brightest talents i have ever seen in any FM game. He looks just amazing.

And the weird thing about it is that my youth facilities are only excellent, there is still room for improvement :-O

Looks like I've got from under the knife hanging over my head for now. We lost against Ilkeston but we've put a little run together now (3 wins, then 2 draws, then 3 wins) which has lifted us up to 6th, only 2 points behind Alfreton - though they have a game in hand. The board seem a lot happier, but I know a couple of bad results will send me crashing back down in their estimation.

2014-2015 Season Review-Kings Lynn-BSP

A definite improvement this season saw us never look like going down. We had some good results against the top teams in the league but we weren't consistent enough to beat the poor ones as well. But the positive is that it was an improvement from last year.

BSP-16th

League Positions Graph

FA CUp- 4th qual.round v Grays

FA Trophy- 1st round v Chelmsford

Transfers

Manager Overview

Next season we need a cup run to improve the bank balance which is still in the red.

Career Summary

Season    League                            Position       Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North                 18th           None
2011/12   Blue Square North                 4th            Promoted via Playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier               16th           None
2013/14   Blue Square Premier	            19th           None
2014/15   Blue Square Premier	            16th           None

I've had 3 players come through my youth system aside from the latest bunch (since I upgraded) who went on to play in the Premier League, and a few more who have been capped for Wales. I think at a rough count it was 7 or 8. Not that it's tough to be capped for Wales on this game - their U19s/U21s are basically my academy :p

i had 2 players produced when i was in league 1 who have since played in the premiership

(although obviously not for me :rolleyes:) and Chelsea nicked a promising striker on a youth contract off me this year who has now played in the prem at 16. The youth facilities are at the average standard they started at.

I have the same problem, im mostly getting great prospect but all of them are defensive.

But take a look at my newest prospect Brakenridge He must seriusly be one of the brightest talents i have ever seen in any FM game. He looks just amazing.

And the weird thing about it is that my youth facilities are only excellent, there is still room for improvement :-O

He does look good! I thought Excellent was the highest possible?

Man City have poached one of the youngsters that came through this year, but the best potential rating any of my coaches gave him was only 2 stars, so hopefully they're wrong and have just given me £1.2m for a dud :)

Looks like I've got from under the knife hanging over my head for now. We lost against Ilkeston but we've put a little run together now (3 wins, then 2 draws, then 3 wins) which has lifted us up to 6th, only 2 points behind Alfreton - though they have a game in hand. The board seem a lot happier, but I know a couple of bad results will send me crashing back down in their estimation.

Good luck Terk, it's not nice to have the pressure of the board breathing down your neck after every result!

i had 2 players produced when i was in league 1 who have since played in the premiership

(although obviously not for me :rolleyes:) and Chelsea nicked a promising striker on a youth contract off me this year who has now played in the prem at 16. The youth facilities are at the average standard they started at.

Yeah they seemed to do a very good job for me in the first few seasons and then the higher we got the worse prospects came through :confused: all 3 of mine played in the Prem for me :cool: although one of them had to be resigned - probably not the best idea in the end as he was fairly rubbish.

And good season Liverbird!

David Bateman

He was sold to Inter for £15m where he has been struggling to get into the team, despite a decent scoring record. He's not become the World beater I feared he would when I sold him though.

Yeah they seemed to do a very good job for me in the first few seasons and then the higher we got the worse prospects came through :confused: all 3 of mine played in the Prem for me :cool: although one of them had to be resigned - probably not the best idea in the end as he was fairly rubbish.

I had the same on last years challenge, in 24 seasons and more than 10 with top youth, my best 3 youth players (who all played in the prem) were produced in the first 3 years when i was non league, i even started with 1 from the first day and he scored more than 400 goals for me

This should be a good way of killing time before the final patch. As an exiled Londoner in Cornwall, I couldn't resist the challenge of taking Truro to glory, especially when they came up first time saving me the bother of all of that reloading. Onwards and upwards :)

Good luck Terk, it's not nice to have the pressure of the board breathing down your neck after every result!

Thanks. I'm hopeful that the turnaround in results (12 unbeaten in the league now) is a sign of me getting to grips with the tactical side of 10.2 which is something I had been struggling with. Just edged into the play-off spots with 9 left to play in the league, just like with Bradford PA, I'm starting to get hopeful about a play-off finish.

David Bateman

He was sold to Inter for £15m where he has been struggling to get into the team, despite a decent scoring record. He's not become the World beater I feared he would when I sold him though.

Ty! He doesnt look that good as i remembered him, he hasnt improved a whole lot! So i guess you did the right thing :)

SnakeXe: i dont have an academy so theres still room for improvement. Ived asked the last 3 years but the board dont see the point

My second wonderkid from own ranks Burke

Good luck reaching the playoff Terk :thup:

Has anyone who has been promoted to the premiership had more than a season in the premier league before a new ground is announced if you were still in the starting ground.

I ask since i saw an article saying premier league clubs had to have undersoil heating

Has anyone who has been promoted to the premiership had more than a season in the premier league before a new ground is announced if you were still in the starting ground.

I ask since i saw an article saying premier league clubs had to have undersoil heating

I had..four seasons I think in the Premier League before our new one was built/done?

EDIT: Lies actually, it was 8! Just counted them up.

SnakeXe: i dont have an academy so theres still room for improvement. Ived asked the last 3 years but the board dont see the point

My second wonderkid from own ranks Burke

Good luck reaching the playoff Terk :thup:

Ah I see, in that case I don't have the best yet facilities either!

Burke looks like a great DL, is that where you play him?

I completed the challenge before I got mine :( but now it's named after me :cool:

Archived