dafuge's FM10 challenge

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His stamina, combined with high work-rate should mean he still gets around the pitch enough even with low acceleration/pace - so this doesn't surprise me :)

He's doing well and scoring quite a few goals. He's useless when put clean through on goal but he is great from crosses and his movement around the box is good meaning he's picking up a lot of rebounds.

He's doing well and scoring quite a few goals. He's useless when put clean through on goal but he is great from crosses and his movement around the box is good meaning he's picking up a lot of rebounds.

Sounds good - I'd imagine he would be quite useful against the teams that sit back with 10 behind the ball, as pace in behind isn't much use if there's no space. How is he against the better sides?

Sounds good - I'd imagine he would be quite useful against the teams that sit back with 10 behind the ball, as pace in behind isn't much use if there's no space. How is he against the better sides?

He's scored six in six so far, but they were all against weak(ish) opposition. The next run of games should tell me a bit more as I face four of the top five in a row :(

He's scored six in six so far, but they were all against weak(ish) opposition. The next run of games should tell me a bit more as I face four of the top five in a row :(

Ouch! Crunch time then ;)

What role are you using him in? I'd probably go for deep lying forward in a support role, but he also looks like he'd be quite useful as a defensive forward.

So with 10 games left to play Nantwich will be playing League One football at least next season, rather more surprising is that we are currently 4th in the League 10pts within the playoffs and just 5pts of the top of the table, though with Norwich, Leeds and Notts County being the three times ahead of me in the league the chances are we'll run out of steam before they do.

Ouch! Crunch time then ;)

What role are you using him in? I'd probably go for deep lying forward in a support role, but he also looks like he'd be quite useful as a defensive forward.

I'm using him as a trequartista as he seems to be pretty good at roaming around and finding space. Goals have dried up now though :(

I just spent for me a record fee of 4.5 million on a turkish 17yo striker who had prem potential and was at championship standard already. After getting a wp on appeal, instead of him coming now (its 20 aug) he is coming on 1st jan :mad:

Anyone know why, its really irritating as i need some decent backup strikers.

Tomc990

Guiseley Season 4

League- Blue Square Prem

Media Prediction- 20th

My Finish- 18th

Manager's Comment: Not a great season with us finishing in a worse position than last season when i hoped to be pushing towards the playoffs- finances are shocking and the team don't appear good enough so improvement will be tough.

Screenshots:

League - As you can see not too great :(

FA Cup- We were knocked out in our 1st game to a better team

Fa trophy- Knocked out in the 4th round - a decent run- unfortunately to a team in a lower division to us.

We didn't feature in any awards or end of season team stats or player stats- so no screenshots for them.

Squad 1- VALUE

Squad 2 SELECTION

Squad 3 ASSISTANT REPORT

Key Players:

Herd Excellent Rb for me

Burns great cm/amc

Ward Reliable Cb

Finances- worse than ever :(

Transfers Lots of free deals in and out.

Next Season: Finances and team needs addressing as a matter of urgency. I plan to overhaul my squad to attempt to push myself towards promotion and the green finances :D

Thanks Tom (tomc990)

I just spent for me a record fee of 4.5 million on a turkish 17yo striker who had prem potential and was at championship standard already. After getting a wp on appeal, instead of him coming now (its 20 aug) he is coming on 1st jan :mad:

Anyone know why, its really irritating as i need some decent backup strikers.

Turkey are outside the EU, FIFA rules state players can only move after they turn 18, unless it's from an EU club to another EU club.

Must say I find the challenge getting thougher haha! I promoted in a row to the Championship, but being in januari atm, I can say that I am having a real hard job on winning my games... Pff!

Finally my tactical skill is getting tested ;)

Nice michaeltmurrayuk!

You will be playing Leeds in those 7 games?

Yep and I've just beat them 3-1 to do the double over them as Sam Allardyce's attempt at mind-games utterly failed :D

With 5 games left I'm still fourth, with Leeds third on 79pts like us, Norwich are second with 81pts and Notts County are now top with 82pts. Having the worst goal difference is a slight worry at the moment.

Rather worrying 4 of our 5 remaining games are against bottom half teams who we tend to struggle against.

Boston United 2020/21 Season - Premiership

League Table - http://img97.imageshack.us/i/fmtable.jpg/

Yippee. Great season from start to finish really. My signings really filled out the squad, and I always felt we had enough to win the league, which we did :). Everton's dominance of the top flight is over, after 5 years. The table makes it look a lot closer than it was, truth be told, we lost our last 3 games but still won it.

FA Cup - In the final, update later. EDIT - Lost to 'pool :(

League Cup - http://img97.imageshack.us/i/fmleaguecup.jpg/ Standard. Finally broke my semi final curse in this competition, Fulham had a great run mind, beating all the top 4.

Champions League - http://img709.imageshack.us/i/fmchamps.jpg/ My happiest FM moment ever. We outplayed them really. They never looked like breaking through and I shut up shop after half time. Wonderful Victory

Transfers - http://img709.imageshack.us/i/fmtransfers.jpg/Well, Barlow and Snijders are probably my best ever FM buys. Both massively consistant defenders, averaging well above 7 and being the main reason we conceded the fewest goals in the league this season. Clancey was a superb buy, the top assister in the Prem this season, and versatile to boot.

Code:

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North        8th         
2011/12   Blue Square North        2nd        Promoted via playoffs
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      15th        
2013/14   Blue Square Premier      5th        Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       16th         
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 2       1st        Promoted as champions
2016/17   Coca-Cola League 1       1st        Promoted as champions
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th        Promoted via playoffs
2018/19   Barclays Premier League  6th        League Cup semis
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  3rd        Qualified for Champions League, FA Cup winners
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  1st        League Champions, Champions League Winners, League Cup Winners, FA Cup runners up.

Challenge complete!

Now with three games left, I'm still 4th and still three points behind Notts County, though us and Leeds are now level on points with Norwich, so it's getting a little close now, and to make things a little more interesting Notts County still have to play Norwich, whilst Leeds face Norwich on the final day.

Congrats Will!

Sounds like a tense end of the season michael, hope you can come through it on top!

Edit: Should probably say something about how I'm doing... stormed the CL group with 6 wins from 6, including a 7-2 aggregate scoreline over Barca, second in the league 3 points behind Man City with 2 games in hand, won the Club World Championship, in the League Cup semi-final with a 2-0 first leg lead over a poor Leeds side, and in the 4th round of the FA Cup away to Championship side West Brom :) FA Cup is the one I really want this season - the only top-level trophy I've yet to win.

Turkey are outside the EU, FIFA rules state players can only move after they turn 18, unless it's from an EU club to another EU club.

yes of course that would be right as he is 18 in sep.

i must have missed the ass man telling me that when i offered a contract.

In game 45 we snatch a hard fought 1-0 win away to Rochdale, whilst Notts County can only draw to Rotherham, Norwich have to come back from behind to claim a 2-2 draw at home to Plymouth, whilst Leeds come from behind to grab a 1-1 draw away to Stockport - that means we go top of the league by two points and our promotion hopes are now in our own hands, and with Norwich facing Leeds in the final game I need to hope they draw or I need to equal Notts Countys result to go up, of course I could just win my match aswell.

So at half-time it's:

Nantwich 0-0 Northampton

Leeds 1-3 Norwich

Notts County 0-0 Oxford

Which means at the moment us and Norwich are going up, though if Notts County score or we conceed Norwich and Notts County will go up.

---

At 60mins it's:

Nantwich 1-0 Northampton

Notts County 0-1 Oxford

Leeds 1-3 Norwich

:)

At 91mins (3mins of injury time left) it's:

Nantwich 2-0 Northampton

Notts County 0-1 Oxford

Leeds 2-3 Norwich

:)

FT:

Nantwich 2-0 Northampton

Notts County 0-1 Oxford

Leeds 2-3 Norwich

Champions!!! :cool:

Finally my chairman has decided to listen to offers, which is much needed considering the debt I've put the club into. Hopefully a new chairman can invest in the club as we are £23m in debt :eek:

And I thought the £500K I was in the red was bad :D

Anyone know how much money you get for being in the Championship because my £15K p/w wage budget is currently crippling me, and I've got a feeling I'm going to need a lot more than that to survive in the Championship...

And I thought the £500K I was in the red was bad :D

Anyone know how much money you get for being in the Championship because my £15K p/w wage budget is currently crippling me, and I've got a feeling I'm going to need a lot more than that to survive in the Championship...

The parachute payment windfalls are usually quite good when you are in the Championship, I'm sure I picked up around £300k a season through them alone.

£25.5m in debt now, yet my chairman allows me to turn down a bid of £27m for my left back :confused:

The parachute payment windfalls are usually quite good when you are in the Championship, I'm sure I picked up around £300k a season through them alone.

£25.5m in debt now, yet my chairman allows me to turn down a bid of £27m for my left back :confused:

Yep I've just picked up £1.6m due to apparently four teams gaining promotion to the Premiership this season :confused: - I'm assuming this payments normaly last for more than one season as Bolton survived in the premiership last season after going up the season before.

Though the board have given me a transfer budget of £0 and a wage budget £1K p/w under what I'm currently spending to survive in the Championship, which leaves me with 15 senior players in the Championship :(

Also at the season update most of my players star ratings have gone up?

Nantwich Town – League One 2016/17 – Season 7

So after finally clinching promotion from League Two last season the goal this season was to not go straight back down.

The board hoped we'd fight bravely against relegation, whilst the bookies gave us exactly the same odds of survival as they did in League Two 40-1 is as low as they appear willing to go, whilst the media expected us to finish rock bottom.

Any hopes I had of competing were quickly ended when it appeared no one was interested in signing for me, instead I had to take advantage of the loan system - bring in 20 players on loan - I basically loaned in anyone who was rated at 2.5 stars or above after I found out that the match day squad loan rules only apply to domestic loans so I was free to field a squad of French loanees if need be.

And with the money still draining out of the club I was forced to sell anyone who wasn't playing so Centre-backs Kirk and Ayala were both sold after they tried to hold me to ransom with wage demands, whilst youngster Harris and Vennegoor were both sold on as they couldn't get any games.

The league didn't get off to the best of starts as I tried to work out what my best side was, injuries to key players wasn't helping either.

However with a third of the season gone my team finally gelled together and we started to climb the table destroying teams in the process - we smashed Leeds 4-2 at Elland Road with Bulgarian Striker Vladislav Dimitrov opening the scoring 26 seconds into his debut - a new Nantwich record, and he appeared to be the final part of the jigsaw as he smashed in 11 goals in 10 loan appearances before I signed him permently from Birmingham and he promptly got injured.

Injuries proved to be another problem my players were dropping like flies which resulted in me having to change formations to fit my fit players in - with next to no Strikers I was forced to switch to a 4-5-1 formation which shored us up at the back but wasn't very deadly at the other end, though the game then took out my wingers and I was forced to deploy a narrow 4-1-3-2 formation that proved to be very effective defensively and for the rest of the season I would switch between 4-1-3-2 and 4-4-2, switching the Strategies between Defensive, Standard and Control.

I actually found once we'd found some form that a Rigid Control Strategy proved very effective - we defended in numbers and counter-attacked at speed, upgrading to patch 10.2 may also have helped as my players dived into tackles and threw themselves at the ball more often, though my tactics did result in some tired and injury prone players.

With not much to work from player wise I was forced to pay a little more attention to the tactics and we managed to start grinding out league wins that saw us climb the table and come Easter time we found ourselves on the tails on the leading pack, with a 2-1 victory over Notts County putting us 2pts behind leaders Leeds with 7 games left.

Our promotion hopes then suffered a knock as we lost 3-2 to bottom side Plymouth, thanks to an off-side goal.

Though for a change we kept our heads as we beat Leeds 3-1 to do the double of them and draw us level in 4th place, though Notts County were now top three pts ahead of us.

With two hard fought victories over Palace and Tranmere we drew ourselves level with Norwich (and Leeds) with three games left, with County still three points clear at the top, though things were about to get interesting as Notts County faced Norwich next and Norwich had to face Leeds on the final day.

In our next game we smashed Southend 4-1 whilst Norwich beat Notts County, meaning with two games left all four of us were on 88pts.

In the second to last game we managed to snatch a 1-0 win away to Rochdale whilst Notts County, Leeds and Norwich all drew meaning promotion and the title were now in our hands.

In our final game we would entertain a Northampton side who smashed us 4-1 earlier in the season, a victory would ensure we went up as Champions whilst a draw or defeat would leave us hoping results elsewhere went our way, it appeared to be to much for some of our fans to take as this was our first home game for 4 games where it wasn't sold out, but they needn't have worried as we claimed a 2-0 win and Notts County lost anyway so we'd somehow clinched the League One title much to the surprise of the board and fans.

Final Table - To make things even sweeter both Leeds and Notts County faltered in the Playoffs at the first round as Barnsley claimed promotion.

POS Graph shows we pretty much came out of nowhere to win the title.

Overview - despite our good league performance we had a mixted time in the cups; in the Carling Cup we beat Carlisle on pens before Everton smashed us 5-0 at Goodison which at least brough some money in.

In the Paint Trophy we lost the North Quarter Final 2-0 to Carlisle after beating Accrington and Crewe.

In the FA Cup we reached the Third Round beating Whitby and Oldham before Southampton knocked us out, though with it being a home tie we made next to no money.

Squad - I went through quite a few players this season with my Keeper the only one to play in more than 80% of my games.

In Goal Grant Adam continued were he had a solid season and either kept a clean sheet or conceeded two goals. I still haven't managed to find a better Keeper, whilst my 1.5 star rated backup Keeper has demanded to be first choice, on the plus side the game finaly gave me a youth Keeper though with 0.5 stars PA not that great.

In defence Yanis Lacombe and Eamonn Mooney started the season off as my first choice full-backs but despite them both playing well they both got injured and then failed to displace two of my loanee full backs; Daniel James and Ross McQuade.

In the centre of defence Yanis Abbes and Moussa Toungara continued their fine partnership with loanee Franck Richard rotating in when either went out of form.

In midfield the Right Wing proved to be a problem position David Byrne disappeared to often, though changing his role from Winger to Wide Midfielder improved his performances, competing with him was Belgian Max Ortmann who started well but was rather injury prone.

We faired better on the left wing were Joao Oliveira proved to be a fantastic signing and left Stephen Brogan struggling to get into the side.

The centre of midfield is by far our strongest position with youngster Matthew Whyte developing immensly over the last few seasons as he kept Sam Togwell out of the side with Togwell appearing to get a little jealous as he stated he couldn't work with Whyte.

Partnering them in midfield was Magnus Eikrem who was in good form yet again this time breaking his and the clubs assists record, providing cover was Anton Vandenabeele who returned on loan for a second season.

Upfront saw a couple of changes Vincent Acapandie was promoted to first choice after a fine season last season and he continued his good form grabbing about one goal every two games, partnering him at the start was Sean Fitzharris however he didn't make the best of starts and after he got injured he never reclaimed his position.

With Acapandie switching over to the Poacher role Stephen Keane stepped up as the Target Man and had a good season until injury forced him out and in came Bulgarain Striker Vladislav Dimitrov on a three month loan where it took him 26 seconds to make an impression scoring twice on his debut against Leeds before finishing with 11 goals in 10 loan appearances and with Birmingham willing to sell him for free I snapped him whilst he declared me as his idol it did take a £10K signing on fee to get him to sign, however this proved to be a bargain as he grabbed a further 10 goals in 11 games to propel us to the title. Providing further cover was Benin Striker Bachirou Agbessi.

A rather interesting thing happened in November as we made a near clean sweep of the awards I won Manager of the Month, Dimitrov won player of the month with Acapandie and Richard second and third, whilst James and Richard came second and third in young player of the month.

Confidence goes back up to Untouchable.

Finances - not good as we pay out £300K in squad bonuses.

Best XI - correct apart from the fact that Dimitrov's loan appearances have disappeared.

Overall XI - see's James, McQuade, Richard, Oliveira and Dimitrov all added, looks like the league they played in is still the most important attribute.

And finally rather surprisingly the board have announced the construction of Nantwich Stadium, a capacity of 14,079 isn't that great but hopefully that one will have some expansion room.

So the Championship should be fun I have no players and no money...

Career Overview

Season          League                League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11        Blue Square North         1st              Promoted - Champions
2011/12        Blue Square Premier       3rd              Promoted - Play-offs
2012/13        League Two                8th
2013/14        League Two                11th
2014/15        League Two                15th
2015/16        League Two                3rd              Promoted
2016/17        League One                1st              Promoted - Champions

Well this is weird my players are wanting new contracts on less money? It seems the clubs reputation has increased to a level where players no longer try and hold me to ransom to keep them.

Whilst my board appears to be mocking me - I can now scout the rest of Europe but the board won't give me any wages to sign anyone, they have also set up Sampdoria as my Parent club without bothering to get any money of them or for the moment loan me any players.

haha, your board sounds like they dont actually know how to run a football club :) Congrats on the promotion anyhow, League Two is the bogey league for you, getting promotions first time around in the other leagues. good luck in the championship.

Finally, I have started this again. Last year, I played as Marine and again, I am playing as Marine as I grew fond of them last year. So, now I want to complete what I never quite managed to last year.

Marine - Rep: 950

Plan Is simply to go against what is expected and to snap promotion.

So after trying to sign Ramsey all season, he just accepted the same offer he had turned down a couple months ago, will be good to have him back on a squad.

Sitting in 9th in the BSN, trying to figure out how to stop handing away goals, can't stop anyone from putting through balls down the middle for 1 on 1s, I can create the same chances but my players seem to enjoy wildly missing them.

Well managed to sneak the league title with a stunner from outside the box in the last 10 mins to win 3-2 on the last day of the season. Had a bit of a bad run before that as I got with a few injuries and it had to come down to a last day dramatic win. Lose that and I would have been in the playoffs.

So consecutive promotion again and I've already done well enough for the upcoming season signing a few good players before the window opened. Going to see if I can scrounge up at least a few more players particularly a central defender, a forward and maybe a goalie and attacking midfielder. Maybe a few loans in as well and I should be a good shout for promotion. Free and cheap transfers of quality players ftw. :)

Update posted later.

Dartford - Barclays Premier League - 2023/24

Predicted: 15th

Finished: 15th

League Table

League Table Graph

Another unremarkable season by and large. Again, I'll take the blame for experimenting too much with youth and flawed tactics. Towards the end of the season I formed a pretty traditional 4-4-2 system (quite similar to how Sunderland play) and it seemed to get much improved performances out of the forwards.

I'm still very secure though in my job and can't go 6 months without getting offered a job by a club in the top 6.

-----------------

Lookies

Transfers Guto wanted out and so I offered him out for £40million. Man United offered £33million - done! Got a good replacement (looking at his stats anyway) in Resende. However the lad never lived up to any expectation and when not injured, largely was ineffectual. However this was partly due to the rubbish formations I was experimenting with and so it's no wonder Barca and Milan are still very much interested despite his sh*t season. Next season..by god next season!

Club Info

Squad The squad is looking fine. Need a better right winger and maybe a more outstanding midfielder but that can come in the summer if available. Amazingly Perego (Italian) got called up for England at the age of 29.

Finances Again they're fine but we are constantly improving training and youth facilities and expand the stadium every season. Nevermind the need to buy at least a couple of players every summer.

------------------------------------

Cups

Carling Cup Was upset at the manner of which we exited this year.

FA Cup F*ck me this was unforgivable.

Key Players

Kirichenko The big Russian was one of are few solid performers all season.

Rik De Jong At 21 he's probably one of the best full backs in the league.

Youth

Maximiliano Perez Bought last season to arrive this one. Looks very good for his age and is touted as the next Oscar Ruggeri. I'll give him a chance for sure.

Daniel Rau Had another good enough run this season. Beginning to pick up interest from the big clubs.

Career Overview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      5th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      1st         Promoted as Champions
2013/14   Coca Cola League Two     10th        n/a 
2014/15   Coca Cola League Two     2nd         Promoted
2015/16   Coca Cola League One     6th         Defeated in Play-Off Semi-Final
2016/17   Coca Cola League One     9th         n/a
2017/18   Coca Cola League One     1st         Promoted as Champions
2018/19   Coca Cola Championship   13th        n/a
2019/20   Coca Cola Championship   3rd         Promoted Via Play-Offs
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  8th         n/a
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  10th        Qualified for UEFA Europa League via Fair Play League
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  16th        n/a
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  15th        n/a

Next Season

Consistancy. Consistancy. Consistancy.

Well this is weird my players are wanting new contracts on less money? It seems the clubs reputation has increased to a level where players no longer try and hold me to ransom to keep them.

Thats unusual, my players all wanted big rises and after 2 seasons in the championship want big rises again. My rep is still low, my best defender joined another championship side who are always near the bottom this summer for half the wages i offered him and less than he was already on.

My board feel they are too good to get a parent club.

Wohoo! Just signed my 2nd player who is good enough for the Premier League. Both wingers, so the wingers are filled for next season. I am going okish in the Championship atm, but wont make the playoff I guess. Next to that, I think we will go down inmidiately if we go up now...

Great job there michael!

My Merthyr side have never really been secure financially - even winning the Premier League and Champions League last season we lost £800k overall. I've got about £16m in debts - although the repayments are only around £150k per month total - balance of roughly -£5m and we're losing around £2m a month on average. The prize money at the end of the season usually means we end up breaking about even - I'm hoping for a profit this year as my net transfer spend was only about £4m in the end, as opposed to the usual £20m or so.

Really need a new stadium though!

Merthyr Tydfill Championship 2023/24

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 5th Rd

League Cup - Qtr-Final

Overall this ended up as a disappointing season as it could have been much better. After spending most of the season in the playoffs i fell back at the very end with some poor form. The poor form was due to several dislikes between players springing up, a large number of players in and out at xmas and my decision to sell nearly all my back up strikers, which back fired when my main 2 got injured in march.

In the FA cup i lost 1-0 away to Premiership Sunderland. In the league cup after beating both premiership Fulham and Chelsea on penalties i went out to championship Hull, losing 2-1 away in ET. Hull went on to win the cup :rolleyes:

Transfers

I had a big turnover of players this year but spent money for the first time getting in some talented youngsters.

Knott (history) had reached his level as a player and was moved on after a long career.

The chairman sold on my best rated striker Diaby and then in Jan Gagliardi (history) even though the finances were much better.

Williams (history) was 6th choice midfielder and Sepe was sold on before the chairman sold Diaby. Matera (history) appeared to have reached his limit and i had 5 goalies, Marquinhos put in some rubbish performances and was sold even though it left me a bit short of strikers. Banahene's (history) contract was running down and after his appalling efforts this season i offered him around in jan - 57 clubs made a bid :eek:

Squad

Vitello took over from gagliardi as my main goalie.

Muller was very strong in defence. Rivera was also good although Miguel might take over.

Rodrigues was his usual consistant self in the centre of midfield, Morisse did well alongside him. Volpi was the main left midfielder with Soulie outstanding on the right.

Up front i used only a few strikers with Amestoy and Lehmann the main pairing. Roberts is a youth product and came in a few times to score.

Star player - Keeps scoring goals and setting them up as well.

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South             3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier           9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier           2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                      15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                      13th        JPT Winners
2015/16   League 2                      5th         Promoted via playoffs
2016/17   League 1                      13th        None 
2017/18   League 1                      14th        None 
2018/19   League 1                      12th        None
2019/20   League 1                      15th        None
2020/21   League 1                      14th        None
2021/22   League 1                      1st         JPT Winners,Champions
2022/23   Championship                  16th        None
2023/24   Championship                  8th         None

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Barclays Premier League - 2025/26

We have been in and out of the CL spots for the last few years and with our dwindling finances it was important we made the CL once again.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We did it, but it was a shame we couldn't quite keep up with the leaders. Competing in the EL caused some crazy fixture congestion which made the end of the season very difficult as we suffered from injuries and tiredness.

FA Cup - I fielded a weak team in every round and they performed quite well.

Carling Cup - again, with the priority on the league I fielded a weak team all the way to the final, which we predictably lost.

UEFA Europa League - I rested players in the group stage, then after finishing top went for it. Sadly the fixture congestion ruined our chances in the second leg against Liverpool.

Transfers - I tried to make a profit but it just didn't happen. Raí became unhappy and was sold and a replacement was brought in, although he was expensive.

Squad - rotation was badly needed this season and the new players I have brought in recently came in very useful.

Key Player Profiles:

Javier - he was very weak physically when I first signed him but he has improved. He has the potential to be brilliant, just as long as his pace doesn't hold him back.

Sebastian Engelmann - didn't score as many as last season as he found himself playing as the second striker to Javier.

Cuma Sahan - the replacement for Raí, he didn't get enough assists but he was quite good at scoring goals.

Paul Ramm - a massive surprise as he quietly came through my youth system and now had wonderkid status. He could play a major role next season.

Chris Blackmore - he had his best season ever.

Career Overview

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th
2017/18   Coca-Cola Championship   6th         Lost in playoff semi
2018/19   Coca-Cola Championship   4th         Promoted via playoffs
2019/20   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2020/21   Barclays Premier League  11th
2021/22   Barclays Premier League  3rd         FA Cup finalists
2022/23   Barclays Premier League  7th         Carling Cup finalists, FA Cup winners
2023/24   Barclays Premier League  3rd
2024/25   Barclays Premier League  5th         Champions League finalists
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  3rd         Carling Cup finalists

Next Season

Once again, the aim is to qualify for the CL again and hopefully mount a serious title challenge. It would be nice to not lose in a cup final for once as well.

Archived