dafuge's FM10 challenge

Not really, although struggling with the debt is all part of the challenge.

In FM08 I found out I could play my reserve and u18 team against spanish Premier Division reserve teams, earning me loads of money. All season through my reserve team played Real Madrid and Barcelona reserve teams.

Pretty unrealistic if you ask me.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scooty_BAFC - Canvey Island - Blue Square Premier - 2013/14

Much better season this time around. Despite having a tiny squad in order to avoid overspending my wage budget (I only signed 2 players this season, both on frees, and released a lot more), I managed to finish in the playoffs and make the FA Trophy final. That alone was pretty successful based on my expectations, but then I managed to win them both! Huge success this season. Managed to get a 4-4-2 performing for the first time on FM2010 and both strikers managed to score consistently. Really enjoyed this season. Had a few blips where a few of my squad all decided to get injured at the same time. A big problem when I only had 14 professional players. My youthies had to fill the bench. My dreams of a good FA Cup run couldnt have ended much worse.. didnt even qualify despite being at home in the 4th qualifying round. But my Trophy success made up for this and my finances are now above 0!

Blue Square Premier - 5th (Promoted via Playoffs)

FA Cup - Lost in 4th Qualifying Round (v Hereford)

FA Trophy - Winners!

Screenies:

League Table

Positions Graph

Playoff Final

FA Trophy Final

Finances

Transfers

Manager Profile

Next season I'm tempted to aim high. Having finally found a tactic which seems to work on FM2010, I'm hoping I can punch above my weight and do well in League Two. But in all honesty simply surviving will be a success.

Season        Division            Position               Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11       BSS                 14th
2011/12       BSS                 2nd                    Promoted via Playoffs    
2012/13       BSP                 18th                 
2013/14       BSP                 5th                    Promoted via Playoffs, FA Trophy Winners  

Tonbridge Angels - Season 2010/12

League Finish - 16th

FA Cup - 2nd Qualifying Round

FA Trohpy - 2nd Round

League Table

League Graph

Tonbridge Angels Recent Records

First season in charge at Longmead Stadium and it was a season of ups and downs. The media predicted I would finish 18th but the bookmakers put me down as joint 2nd favourites to win the title with odds of 6-1.

My first month in charge saw 10 players leave the club after being released from their contracts. But only 2 replacement players were signed. Our scouts were struggling to find any more players so in the end I had to start the first game of the season with only 2 outfield subs.

The season started well with 6 games unbeaten but most of those were draws. I reached the dizzy heights of 9th place after 11 games but it was all downhill from there as I hit an 11 game winless streak and slumped to 18th. This neccesitated a change in tactics and results eventually picked up but the damage was done and the Angels could only manage a finish of 16th.

Finally and much to my surprise Luke Webb my Advanced Playmaker somehow secured a nomoniation for Blue Square South player of the season and then went on to win the award. I don't know how he managed to win it but it must have been thanks to his 7 wondergoals, every one from outside the penalty area.

THe only other player worth a considerable mention is Roy Essandoh, who at times was the only Tonbridge player who seemed to want to stay in the league. His most memorable moment was a hatrick in a 4-1 win over Maidenhead which was the end of our 11 game losing streak and 7 game goaless streak. What a way to answer his critics who said his pace of 2 wasn't enough :p.

Season    League                 Position      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South       16th         None

Grr... My defender got a red card in the 70th minute and because of that we lost the match. I gave him a fine for 1 week and now 14(!) players think I treathed him unfair.. Unfair my ass!

But on the flipside, it sucks since everybody aint happy atm and we are 3rd with only 6 games to go and 2 points behind...

Well done drewski - Fenton was a good bit of business.

What % of the money do you get to keep for transfers?

Just noticed you signed Paul McCartney (I wonder if its possible to have a team of musicians) I wonder how he will turn out.

About 60%, though I'm likely to get more funds with our improving finances.

Getting sick of the board selling players from under me, having my best season since we got promoted to League One and they seem determined to ruin it!

Sold both my first choice fullbacks before the season started, and then to cap it off sold my best left-winger (who we'd only signed in the summer) to my main promotion rivals, for just £550k (he was worth over £1m easily), the MORNING of our match against them :mad::mad:

Edit: Just beat them 4-1 with 10 men... but I'm still annoyed :o

Double Edit: Followed by my best centre-back, for the same money (he was probably worth more than the winger if anything), on the last day of the transfer window. Why?!?!

Getting sick of the board selling players from under me, having my best season since we got promoted to League One and they seem determined to ruin it!

Sold both my first choice fullbacks before the season started, and then to cap it off sold my best left-winger (who we'd only signed in the summer) to my main promotion rivals, for just £550k (he was worth over £1m easily), the MORNING of our match against them :mad::mad:

Edit: Just beat them 4-1 with 10 men... but I'm still annoyed :o

Double Edit: Followed by my best centre-back, for the same money (he was probably worth more than the winger if anything), on the last day of the transfer window. Why?!?!

Interfering chairman in a word

Just had an odd instance in my game, i was leading 2-0 when i got a penalty in the 57th min. My striker who had the 2 goals took it and missed (his penalty rating is 3) even though i had 2 players on my penalty list on the pitch :mad:. Lucky i still won but if goal diff come in play at the end of the season i wont be pleased.

Is this a bug or the players deliberately ignoring my penalty instructions.

Also i have noticed the large number of dual nationals this year, i only thought about it when 5 of my players disappeared to play for african countries, these are all players from england or france that i have scouted. Do other people have similar things in their games

G. Keenan's FC United- 2028/2029 Season Review- Premier League

The team in question:

GK: Ian Taylor

DR: Miguel Pereira

DL: Jose Manuel

DC: Bebeto

DC: Marco Berti

MC: Liam Miller

MC: Johnny Williams

AMR: Jean Villard

AML: Wagner Menezes

GKeenan I've noticed unlike Scab your defence seems to be much stronger than your offence. Would you still invest on a defence ahead of your attackers if replayed now?

Aario - Hucknall Town - Preseason - Season 1 (2010-11)

So I have finally got around to starting this years challenge!

Same old things every October - starting to take note of the names of guys scoring each week in the BSP/BSN/BSS on soccer saturday, waiting for the new game, wondering if the computer is up to this years effort, downloading a save file from Gilbster as I am too lazy to wait for a "real mans team" to get promoted, knowing that I will never have the time / dedication to get much past league 2 as normal :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have chosen Hucknall for this years challenge (if I ever do manage to play for long enough I feel they would have a chance of decent attendences if we get high up the leagues - certainly compared to the likes of Kendall)

Apologies but in my excitment at get started I forgot to screenshot my profile until now - sorry!

Pre season has seen me sack all the old coaches and recruit the following Ass Man, Coach, Player coach, Scout 1 and Scout 2. Their stats may not be great but my knowledge looks quite healthy already! As an aside I am able (as others seem to have found at the start) to scout all of the British Isles and France :thup:

I have signed a whole raft of players - some of the usual suspects from Scotland have appeared on my search and been snapped up along with a couple of decent players from Backroom recomendations (hopefully a good sign of things to come from the above knowledge :thup:).

The guys don't seem to be much of a team yet - and I have not settled on a formation or tactics but chosing rubbish opposition for my friendlies has lead to a decent enough pre-season.

Now its time for the real thing - wish me luck :thup:

What a Game!!!:eek:

When we went 1 up early on i thaught thsi could be our day but when they scored with their first five shots i had second thaughts. We were 5-1 down at halftime.

i tweaked the tactics a bit and we managed to pull it back to 5-3 but we couldnt push on from there and concede again which effectively ended any hope of a result for us. We managed to score a consolation in the 90th min but it was too little too late.

I am proud of my team for the attempted comeback as we could have quite easily lost confidence and morale and concede a load more.

edit: wtf ????????????????

portsmouth are 8th in the championship and im in the bsp

Season 7 - SnakeXe's Merthyr Tydfil

Coca-Cola League One - 2nd, Promoted (Table)

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 2nd Round (lost v Exeter)

FA Cup - 1st Round (lost v Oxford)

League Cup - 3rd Round (lost v Sheff Utd)

Transfers

Much better season this time around, somewhat marred by my chairman deciding to suddenly start interfering with my transfer business - having not done anything in 6 seasons, suddenly he sold 4 first choice players within one.

Both first choice full-backs went before the season start, which we coped with, pushing Sheff Wed point for point until January, where first the left-sided of the excellent French wingers I'd signed was sold off, and then the best centre-half I've ever had at Merthyr on deadline day. Both for far less than I would have expected to get for them, and really irritatingly at a horrendous time for our season. The rest of the season was basically damage limitation, as my third choice centre-half really wasn't up to much, and we ended up barely hanging on to 2nd.

Luckily we did though, as I was starting to feel like I was bashing my head against a glass-ceiling, and hopefully we can establish ourselves in the Championship :)

Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square South     1st       Blue Square South Champions, Promoted
2011/12   Blue Square Premier   1st       Blue Square Premier Champions, Promoted
2012/13   Coca-Cola League Two  4th       Play-Off Winners, Promoted
2013/14   Coca-Cola League One  6th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2014/15   Coca-Cola League One  4th       Play-Off Semi-Finalists
2015/16   Coca-Cola League One  17th      Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
2016/17   Coca-Cola League One  2nd       Promoted

Previous Season Reports:

Season 1 - 2010/11

Season 2 - 2011/12

Season 3 - 2012/13

Season 4 - 2013/14

Season 5 - 2014/15

Season 6 - 2015/16

2012/13- Billericay Town - Coca-Cola League Two

League Position - 3rd

TABLE

GRAPH

A tale of two seasons, really. We never looked right or threatening in the first half of the season, plummetting as low as 20th in the table and bouncing around lower mid-table through to January. I had pretty much written it off as a lost season at that point, having already been bounced out of all 3 cups and over my wage bill and unable to get new players, I figured I'd use the season to consolidate and offload the fringes of the squad in the summer whilst hoping the AssMan might come up with some new gems...

...And then we started winning. I can't stay I did much different, I just tweaked my tactic a bit to get a hair more defensive. I never really got a consistent source of goals, though my 4-man strikeforce of Andrew, McLeod, loanee Kennedy and new-boy Romano put just enough in. I just started managing to nick a few more draws, pull out a few more 1-nils, and not concede so many in the last 15. Suddenly, I only needed a draw in my last match against Grimsby and Ricay would earn their first automatic promotion with a 3rd place finish. A rebound smashed home in the 70th by that man Kennedy and we were up for the 3rd successive year.

I honestly have no idea how I managed it. We're bleeding money like a stuck pig, I have maybe 5 players who are really league 1 standard, and forget about transfers, I have no money to pay wages to improve the squad. Despite the success, the fans still aren't really turning out and our crap facilities mean that not only will we not bring any youth through the U18s, but that any players I sign at best stagnate. That said, organization and consistency are the most important characteristics down the pyramid, so I'm hoping we can get stuck and stay up next season, long enough to get some talent in. Not that I think we can manage it, but a 4th successive promotion would probably be worse for the squad than mid-table consolidation, as Ricay really needs to improve their facilities, etc. The championship in a 3000 capacity stadium with 400 seated would be having a laugh.

Cups were a laugh, here's the results:

FA cup.

League Cup.

JPT.

Here's a look a transfers and finances:

TRANSFERS.

FINANCES

Highlights of the squad this season:

Patrick Bernard - The keeper who led my defensive squad. Hopefully young enough to keep improving at the next level.

Dedryk Boyata - Boyata was half of my excellent defensive partnership.

Federico Fratus - The young Italian defender suggested to me by the AssMan, also who my AssMan thinks is the best player in the squad. He had some discipline issues but he performed well.

Daniel Jones - For the second year in a row, left-winger cum left-back Jones was the most consistent player in the squad.

Victor Pálsson - The defensive midfielder was my vice-captain and was an excellent anchor man for me.

For next season, I'd take one place above the relegation spots in a heartbeat if it meant I could get back in the black enough to spend the some cash on the facilities. Loans will again be key, as will any sort of income I can get from offloading fringe players.

Billericay Town

2010/2011 - Blue Square South - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 3rd qualifying round, FA Trophy - 3rd qualifying round

2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier - 2nd, playoffs - promoted, FA Cup - 2nd round, FA Trophy - Final

2012/2013 - Coca-Cola League Two - 3rd, automatic promotion, FA Cup - 2nd round, League Cup - 1st round, Johnstone's Paint Trophy - 1st round

Boston United - Season 1 - ChemistAndy

Preseason prediction: 15th

Final position: 3rd

Promoted in the first season! The first time I have done that! Brought in a lot of transfers especially from the Rangers and Celtic. Also tried something new this year and went out and got super Kyle. With all of the new players coming in the squad took some time to gel. The early days of the season were very rough. I also lost early in each of the cups. Starting in November I went on a run of good form which had me flirting with the top of the table. This came about when I realized that my team was much better than most in the league and started attacking more. However, many of my players did not have good natural fitness and started to have problems late in the season. With 4 games to go I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to challenge for the champion spot and started resting players for the playoffs. After a tense semifinal we destroyed Chester in the Final. Goal for next season is promotion, I think with a few additions this will be possible.

Final Table

Squad

Finances

Cup Results:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Best players

Nick Main

Gordon Dick

Grant Adam

Season    League                Position  Achievements                  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11   Blue Square North     3rd       Promoted through playoffs

Dartford - Blue Square South - 2010/11

Predicted to struggle and at best survive relegation so a complete overhaul went underway.

League Table

Graph

We did very well staying in the top half of the table all season and at times played by far the best football seen in this division. (although we do all like to write our own reviews ;) )

We dropped a lot of silly points with last minute penalties and sloppy goals in injury time which if had been avoided, we probably would have won the league.

We bounced in and out of the play-off positions all season and by the end we had a good final surge to make sure we were in the play-offs.

Play-Off Semi (1st Leg) Domination. But no goals.

Stats

Play-Off Semi (2nd Leg) Again should have killed it but limped on.

Stats

Play-Off Final Close match but such a kick in the teeth for them to equalise so late. My boys kept it cool in the shootout though :thup:

Stats

FA Cup Nothing special but hardly disappointing either.

FA Trophy Good performances against higher division but never something I took seriously.

Transfers Two or three cost actual money but rest for frees.

Squad Raided Scotland for all it had it seems; young and hungry however.

Finances Not great but not disastrous.

Key Men

Brian Wake Came in February and scored 8 times in 15 appearances with solid performances every time.

Stephen Forbes Released from Rangers and was a great centre half all season.

Lewis Toshey Very good player released by Celtic, solid performances guarenteed.

John Rooney Is this his cousin or brother? Either way I thought this was a big coup for our club. Brilliant technically at this level and can smash a few in from 30+ yards.

Gordon Dick Another good player picked up from Rangers.

Adam Hunter and another.. (Starting to think there is a bug with this game for all these scottish youngsters)

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square South        4th         Promoted Via Play-Offs

Next Season

This squad has enough players dubbed 'League two standard' to not completely rule out a straight promotion so I think I will be aiming for the play-offs without question.

Merthyr Tydfill League 2 2014/15

Table

Positions

FA Cup - 2nd Rd

League Cup - 2nd Rd

JPT

I started this season with high hopes and was unbeaten for the first 5 games. I then lost 5 games in a row after the league cup loss and spent the rest of the season round the bottom of the table looking at avoiding relegation. I picked up 17 points from my last 8 games to finish on a high and ended higher than last season even though i got less points. My defence was reasonable but my strikers were goal shy for much of the season and the midfielders didn't contribute much, i have been unable to attrach a top quality foward.

In all the cups i was very strong against higher opposition, it was the performances against teams at the bottom that cost me.

In the League cup i beat L1 Yeovil 3-1 away in the 1st Rd before narrowly losing 2-3 to championship Sheff Utd at home.

In the FA cup i thrashed L1 Sheff Wed 4-0 at home in the 1st Rd but went down 2-4 away to L1 Notts County.

In the JPT Swindon, Gillingham, Millwall and Wycombe were all L1 clubs i got past before demolishing L2 Bradford in the final for my first silverware.

Due to rising wage costs and especially bonuses my finances are getting worse each year, i ended the year -350K with 262K put in by the board. At the end of the year i got a new 5 year sponsorship deal of 5k per year, the same as my old one.

Squad

Transfers

I managed to sell my first player for 5k, Webster was a huge letdown from the moment when he first arrived, failing to live up to his talent.

In goal Gibson played most of the season even though rated as worse keeper.

At right back Rodgers played all year becoming natural in mar and did well overall.

At left back Youga was brought in and did fantastic at the start before his ratings fell back. Cliff and O'Donnell were also brought in as backup.

In Central defence Craig was again solid with Fornasier getting better as the season went on and proving a real goal threat from corners. Vesseli was good backup and my first decent youth player Tennant also showed some promise.

In the midfield Noone played alongside Davies and Assogba, Davies played well on loan but Assogba was rather poor as he is still only accomplished at CM.

Eikrem was rubbish in the centre at the start of the season and was kept out by Noone thereafter, instead he played mostly at right midfield. McDonald was injured for 6 months and didn't play well when he recovered.

Krouchi is very tempermental and missed several matches and training at the start of the season through abscence at nightclubs although he stopped by oct, he is hugely talented but sat on the bench for most of the year as he was poor when starting, i hope he can improve next year.

On the left Knott only played well at the end of the season and was incredibly inconsistant, Hussain generally made no impact in matches and with his high wages will be let go.

Up front Fitzharris and Kisuka had bad seasons, McShea didn't do well for much of the season but scored a lot in the last few games inc 4 in the last game.

Star Player - Showed real talent in the centre of midfield and deadly from setpieces, only midfielder to score any large number of goals

Career so far:

Season    League                       Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        3rd         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      9th         None
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2013/14   League 2                 15th        None  
2014/15   League 2                 13th        JPT Winners

Noone is a legend in my team as well, even in l2 relegation he got above 7 average rating..am playing him on the right wing instead of centre, not too quick but using him as an outlet on the counter attack is deadly with his through balls!

Noone is a legend in my team as well, even in l2 relegation he got above 7 average rating..am playing him on the right wing instead of centre, not too quick but using him as an outlet on the counter attack is deadly with his through balls!

He doesn't have the pace or crossing, nor is he natural on the right so i always use him in the centre where he can do the most damage.

Can't remember his stats in my game but his crossing/dribbling is pretty decent, got 20 odd assists last season on the right..signed him when I had no decent players on the right so he has stuck there for the moment at least

Tooting & Mitcham United FC - Coca-Cola Championship - 2016/17

Last season we just missed out on automatic promotion but achieved success in the playoffs. With two successive promotions this was always going to be a tough season.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We had a superb start but things soon settled down as we became a middle of the table team who lost a game for every game we won. Things picked up towards the end of the season but we were never going to make the playoffs.

FA Cup - we had an unbelievable run which featured a win against Premier League leaders Chelsea, but it ended in the cruellest way in the semi final against Birmingham.

Carling Cup - the usual non event, this time we lost to League 1 opposition.

Transfers - player sales were needed to balance the books but better players were coming in on free transfers.

Squad - we have enough quality to compete in this league but we need a few more players to really make a difference.

Key Player Profiles:

Dariusz Krysak - he was our top scorer this year but probably not our best striker.

Antonio Fiorini - a real quality signing, he had a decent season but struggled to settle,

Michael Stones - he's now replaced Michael Hall.

Antonio Bocchetti - a solid looking defender.

Jordan Ayew - Stones stepped in for him at times but Jordan was our best winger. He was French when I signed him, but opted to represent Ghana.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square South        5th         Promoted via playoffs
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      8th
2012/13   Blue Square Premier      2nd         Promoted via playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2013/14   Coca-Cola League 2       6th         Lost in playoff final
2014/15   Coca-Cola League 2       1st         Promoted as champions
2015/16   Coca-Cola League 1       4th         Promoted via playoffs, JPT finalists
2016/17   Coca-Cola Championship   9th

Next Season

To get so close to the playoffs was a real bonus, so the aim for next season must be to make them. I'm hoping the board will continue to invest in the facilities as they are currently well below the standard of this league.

Bradford PA promotion run continues!

Last year i finally got my promotion to BS Premier, and i was verry happy with that. Before the season i said that a top 10 would be a success, but that i was hoping for promotion. My hope was found:). At the end of the season i found my self in a very good 2nd place, and that meant that for the second year in a row i had to play playoff. In the semi's i played Accrington and won 3-2 after i lost the first game 1-2 at home. In the final i had to play Macclesfield, and i won 1-0 after a goal in overtime, by my fantastic striker Jamie Lawrie who was a real bargain and scored 28 league goals.

League Table

This season i put a little more effort into the cups trying to get some extra money. It didn't succeed that well and in the FA Cup I played Tranmere from League One, and was beaten 4-2 after to goals by Lawrie.

It went a little better in the FA Trophy were i reached the fourth round were i was knoced out by Gateshead after penalty. So even though i used full strenght team it didn't go that well in any of the cups.

Before the season i was only looking for players that good go directly into the first eleven, since i had a lot of players so i didn't need more players just better players.

I think i made some good signings including Jamie Lawrie as i mentioned who totally cracked open every defence in the league, and im really looking forward to see him in League Two.

Transfers

Goals for next season:

Well next year i will be playing in League 2, and i must admit that this time im a little nervous, since i didn't sign so many qualitiy players when i promoted last year. So some of the team played in the BS north and i think it will be a lot diffrent playing in the League Two, and i hope my board will give me some extre money for wages, so i can get some stronger players for next.

My goal is to finish somewhere in the middle and get some money and some experience.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square North           19th         None
2011/12    Blue Sqaure North           2nd          Promotion(Playoff)
2012/13    Blue Sqaure Premier         2nd          Promotion(Playoff)

Pretty good season of consolidation there Dafuge, what are your finances like in the championship.

My finances are awful in league 2 about -500k at one point, sold a lot of players this season and i'm struggling with the wages the players want, they want £1000 p/w with £350 appearance fee, i'm at the stage where i can't afford to renew any contracts.

Pretty good season of consolidation there Dafuge, what are your finances like in the championship.

My finances are awful in league 2 about -500k at one point, sold a lot of players this season and i'm struggling with the wages the players want, they want £1000 p/w with £350 appearance fee, i'm at the stage where i can't afford to renew any contracts.

I had about £1.5m at the end of last season which has just gone up to £2.9m with the new season starting and a load of parachute payments coming in.

Crispypaul - Boreham Wood 2010/2011 - Blue Square South

A very successful season, all in all, as we clinched the title with a game to spare. We did draw the first 6 games which worried me at first, but it picked up later.

In the FA Cup, we managed to get through to the third round and drew Chelsea, losing 4-0.

This did however improve our finances dramatically.

A couple of the best signings:

Grant Gallacher was signed on a free after being released as was a solid right back.

Yado Mambo was signed for £6k from Charlton and proved to be a rock at the back.

Now on to the Blue Square Premier - I'm absolutely desperate for defenders now but hope my new midfield and strike force will make up for any deficiencies (I've more or less replaced the entire squad). I'm predicted to finish bottom although pre-season wins over QPR and Brentford look promising.

Well done on a very decent 1st season in the championship dafuge also well done thelahm on consecutive promotions which is what im very close to. its between me and wrexham for the bsp title i am on 75 with a game in hand and they are on 73 but i still have to play them away.3rd place are 11 and 9 pts behind us respectively so i think its fair to say i dont need to worry about that. 11 games left of the season i have 12 left its gonna be close :D

@ thebaker;

haha, ok nice to see another one is having troubles there... FA Cup last season was also terrible for me, on the side note it wont this year ;) hope hope hope

//

btw is it because I am dutch (as nationality) that I have a new youngster this season who is dutch aswell in my u18?

Gargra - Chippenham Town - Blue Square Premier - 2011/2012

Don't think i was favorite for any game at all this season and still managed to hold on to a playoff spot and get lucky this year too. Even won the FA Trophy. Not expecting much for next season though, think my finances needs some time to settle and talents to grow a bit but one never know.

Squad

Transfers

Key Players:

Graeme Edwards - He's getting proper competition now but he's still my most solid defender.

Andy Yiadom - Most assists this season.

Nick Main - Did a solid job in midfield.

Nadir Ciftci - 33 goals all competitions.

Kyle Wilson - Supersub this season 14 from start 28 sub appearances 18 goals 6 assists.

Finances - Keeps getting worse doesn't it. Have to turn this around soon.

League Table - Somehow i was close to or in playoff spots most of season. After loosing the away game in playoff semi finals 1-0 i managed to get a decent win 2-0 at home in a close game. Spendt most of it defending.

In playoff finals it looked like there was just one team on the pitch. I'm wonder what my guys had to drink before the game. I've never seen them this good. They never looked like loosing at all.

FA Trophy - Lucky trough on penalties in semi final followed by a pretty undeserved win in finals on my part on a almost empty Wembley. It's sweet to win stuff though, the board loves me now.

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
2010/11    Blue Square South           4th         Promotion(Playoff)
2011/12    Blue Sqaure Premier         3rd         Promotion(Playoff)

Nine games left i am 6 pts clear of wrexham after they lost twice and i conceded a last min equalizer against aldershot to drop 2 precious home pts. Still need to play wrexham away though. 17 pts clear of 6th place so it looks like i will definately get a play off place. its just a matter of automatic or playoff now.

i will continue tomorow......

Well my attempts at improving my team for our second season in League Two were about as successful as last seasons attempt :(

The only players who are interested in signing for me from my player search screen are Blue Square Premier rated.

I have my scouts out scouting the UK, Ireland and France plus the Reserve and U18 leagues, and the players they recommend are worth over £500K and will apparently want several grand in wages a week, or are listed for loan but have no interest in joining me on loan, or even worse my scout says they'll be very interested in signing for me, I make an offer and get rejected out of hand :(

Though the most annoying ones are the non-UK players who are happy to come on trial but have no interest in signing for me or coming on loan :(

Archived