FM10 Small Club to Big Club Big Euro Nation Challenge

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sporting Clube Farense - Season 1 End of Season Update - 2010/11

The Competitions..

Portugese Second Division - North - 4th - League Table|League Graph

Not a bad season, seeing as our prediction was 6th - still an under-pressure manager tough, the board obviously wanted more .. ?

We probably would've finished higher if it wasn't for a mid-season slump which saw us lose 3 and draw a few in successive games.

Portugese Cup - 2nd round - Match - Didn't really want to stay in for long if I'm being honest.

The Team..

Squad - We really lack depth imo, but there's a few nice little signings on their way already so that should be sorted.

Players of The Season

Lovro Scrbec - Got him on loan, and he couldn't stop scoring at one point in the season. Still in two minds whether to get him back next year. Also came 3rd in Second Division Young Player of the Year.

Luis Afonso - Suprise of the season, really didn't expect him to perform as well as he did - Fans Player of The Year

Ricardo Gomes - We might've stood a chance had he not been injured at the end of the season - 7 goals in his last 5 games before he got injured, there was no stopping him.

Celsinho - Another loan signing, was solid in the center of midfield, will most likely try and get him again next season.

Around the World..

World Cup - Germany

Champions League - Real Madrid

Euro Cup - Liverpool

Liga Sagres - Benfica

Best National Player(Portugal) - Liedson

Footballer of The Year - Frank Lampard

World Player of The Year - Frank Lampard

SV Stuttgarter Kickers - German Bundesliga 2016/17

I felt the squad was weaker this year than last, so I wasn't expecting to be so good.

Table

Progress

We were brilliant this year. The last few matches we tailed off a bit, me resting players for the champions league, but the title was wrapped up with 4 games left. The defence wasn't as tight as I would've liked but still, we're a cut above anyone else in this league.

Squad

More Germans in the squad this year. Mostly young upandcomers, they all got a bit of first team action which bodes well for the future. At the back, White and Buschman were brilliant in the middle, and Grob was decent at left back. The midfield contributed more this year, especially Ferstl but Acampora, my £15m signing from last year was again disappointing. Up front, again Tarik was pretty good, he didn't hit the heights of last year but he assisted more. My rising star, Muller had an impressive season, a highlight being his rating of 10, my first on FM.

Transfers

A relatively low key year in the market. Unfortunately we couldn't hold on to long term right back Mijatovic but at £10.5 we got a fair price.

Champs League Final

Champs League Results

Arghhh. So close. Losing in the final made the whole season seem a failure.

Close but no cigar. I need to keep the team together this year and hopefully I can go one step further in the CL and complete the challenge.

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  Division 3    3rd       Promoted through play offs.
2011/12  Division 2    2nd       Promoted, Lost in German Cup 1st Round
2012/13  Bundesliga    5th       Qualified for Euro Cup.
2013/14  Bundesliga    9th       Won the German Cup, Euro Cup 1/4 Finals. 
2014/15  Bundesliga    2nd       Won Euro Cup, German Cup Semis, CL qualification
2015/16  Bundesliga    1st       Won German Cup, Super Cup, League, CL 1/4 finals.
2016/17  Bundesliga    1st       Won German League, CL Finalists.

Montevarchi update

Ok where do I start......

Well as I've already said I suffered relegation from Serie C1/A last season,here's the final table http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4977/relegation.jpg I scored 50 goals but my defence was shockingg and shipped 83 goals in 34 games :o

I played Novara in a playout and to be honest I deserved to go down,I just wasn't ready to make the step up and was doomed from the start.But as the club keep faith with me and I kept my job,I decided that next time I would be ready.

So we found ourselves once again in the lowest tier of Italian football,the last time we got promoted via the playoffs, this time I'm determined to win the title.I first needed to acess my squad and remove alot of the dead wood.So players like Lo Socco,Marzocchi,Rossi,Casu,Cases and Novinic where all released or sold for small sums,yes some of them had been loyal servants to the club but after relegation managers need to be ruthless.

I managed to sign Villalva and Luca Arena on full time basis from Juventus,they both cost me 275K but I spread it out over two years.I sent my scouts around Europe to search for young and cheap (free) talent,Christian Vieiri who now is one of my scouts went to Holland,slept in his car eating beans on toast for a month because when you're 300K in debt,5 ***** hotels are out of the question :D

He came up with two players...Kees Poel http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9883/keespoel.jpg and Hennie Velder http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7494/hennievelder.jpg They both sgned up for free and have settled in nicely to the team even without a word of Italian.

I am now ten games into the new season and things are looking pretty sweet,here's the table http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/3806/table4i.jpg

I've just played Fogligno who were top before the game,were undefeated and only conceded four goals.Up step the dutch master http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/3067/doublehattrick.jpg A double Hat-trick from Kees Poel :eek:

8 nil against my closest rivals has surely sent out the message to all the division that we're going all the way (hopefuly)

Oh and Villalva is doing alright as well,19 goals in 15 matches http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1185/villalva.jpg he has scored in my last 8 games http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/49/villalvascoringrecord.jpg

That's it for now

Some top notch progress occurring in here chaps :thup:

Des that table puts me to shame :(. Cracking work. Immediately noticed my name and my Castillo save....Hmmm....is it approaching the time for a return to Spain!?

Definitely time for a return to spain, and no it doesn't put you to shame, we are the Big Euro collective...We will do it all together and blow away dafuge's challenge sooner or later.

Definitely time for a return to spain, and no it doesn't put you to shame, we are the Big Euro collective...We will do it all together and blow away dafuge's challenge sooner or later.

here here!!! dust off the Castillo save iacovone.... Kaiserslautern can wait a little...

Came in to say we were into the group stages of the Euro Cup.

A disappointing away draw to Swiss side Bellinzona was followed up with a 3-0 win. We were drawn Inter, Rangers and Dinamo Moscow.

Instead, the game crashed after that. I then won 5-0 in the 2nd leg. Then I got drawn a much easier group of Ajax, NK Dinamo and Almeria.

I reckon I can take them!

Hospitalet - Season 6 - Liga BBVA - 2015-16

Pre-Season

Pre-Season for me was all about ensuring that my best young players were signed up to long-term contracts with significant minimum fee release clauses to ensure they couldn't be poached too easily. With the finances in reasonable shape the chairman has stopped accepting every bid that comes in and I have therefore been able to keep my best players.

I was able to generate some extra transfer cash by selling on some players in the team that i felt (with the Ass Man's advice) weren't good enough for the step up in class. The likes of De Marco (1.3m), Gomez (900K), Helan (475k) and Trueba - who was very good but too slow - (1.3m). Also my young goalkeeper Prokop, who i had been unimpressed with when he played, went out on loan to Chelsea for 350k with a potential 2.3m purchase fee if they wanted him. Chelsea took up this option in January.

With the money I had available I was able to strenthen the squad as i felt fit and brought in key players such as Romao (825k), Garibaldi (1.6m), Marcio (725k) and Daniel (325k).

The Season

The season started off fantastically for newly promoted Hospitalet as we found ourselves in a comfortable mid-table position in Liga BBVA. We had also found a new star in Daniel. I had bought Daniel in the summer for a min-release fee of 325k from Rayo Vallecano but despite being only 17 years old he quickly earned himself the accolade of being my best striker. This transfer would also become the best bargain of all the transfers in Liga BBVA.

For some reason the fixtures pitted us against most of the teams in the bottom half of the league at the start of the season and then let us play most of the top teams in the league one after the other. This resulted in me realising that we needed to get the points on the board because the final fixtures of the season looked like a complete nightmare. For instance - my last 4 home matches were against; Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Valencia. Just to top this off we all had away matches against Villarreal and Sevilla mixed in. Unsurprisingly then we scored no points in these fixtures and actually only scored 5 points in the last 10 games.

Thankfully though when we had the run of fixtures against the lesser teams in the division we were able to get the points on the board and as a result we finished the season in an excellent 14th place in our 1st top flight season. SUCCESS, :D.

The Players

Bas Van Duijn - GK - The young keeper kept his place as first choice keeper as i had failed over the summer and during the January transfer window to find anyone better. Saying that, he had some truly inspired performances and wasn't out of place in this division.

Luca Bianco - DR - Played a lot of the games this season but didn't find the jump in class as well as some of the others in the team. Will have to see if he can improve with his first top flight season under his belt.

Ricardo Alonso - DLC - He is 18 years old and he has already made 104 league appearances for the club. I think that shows how good he is and how vital he is to the clubs success so far and in the future. Have rejected so many offers for him and every transfer window is a battle to keep him but thankfully I have so far succeeded.

Vasily Ignatjiev - DC - I hadn't expected to use Vasily much during this season but felt i needed to keep him in case we had some injuries. As it was he actually played quite a lot and played very well desite the step up in level.

Bruno Bianchi - DC - Was brought in to improve the defense and to be one of my first choice centre backs. However his performances were riddled with mistakes that led to goals conceded which in turn relected on himself with poor ratings and ultimately a poor Av. Rating.

Marcio - DRC - Marcio was bought on transfer deadline day for 725k from Sevilla as I felt we were still too weak in defense. It turned out to be money well spent as he provided some of the extra quality we needed as he played the majority of the games.

Antonio - DC - Antonio was my record transfer signing when i bought him for 1.8m in January. I felt I needed an extra defender and he looked very good. But in all honesty I was expecting more from but hopefully now he has settled in he will show he was worth the money next season.

Silvano Raggio Garibaldi - DMC - Silvano was bought for 1.6m and is my most expensive player as i felt that i needed a quality DMC if we were to survive in this league. Silvano definately provided the quality we needed and was worth every penny of the transfer fee.

Aimen Demai - DMC - Aimen was mainly used this season as a backup to Garibaldi and also when we had a run of games in short periods of time. He has started to show his age a bit now and so he will be leaving in the summer when his contract runs out.

Francesco Viola - MC - Francesco had an average season with him getting good average ratings but not providing and scoring as many goals.

Zoltan Bagi - AMR - Zoltan keeps getting better and better each season. Despite moving up a division he actually managed to get more assists this season as he develop as a player and more clubs came sniffing to try and claw him away - it will cost them at least 10m :cool:

Martin Kozhuharov - AMR - Bought from Real Madrid for 230k, Martin provided cover for Bagi though he isn't going to threaten his place in the first team.

Adam Dudas - AMR - Nothing more than a backup at AMR and as I feel he is out of his depth in this league he will also be leaving in the summer.

Mihajlo Zaric - AML - On the whole he had a poor season compared to the standards he had previously set. He only managed 1 goal and 1 assists for the season and if he doesn't improve quickly I am going to have to cash in on him.

Josip Knezevic - AMLC - I only used Josip as a substitute this season as he didn't make an impression on the first team. I haven't renewed his contract so he will be leaving in the summer.

Joaquim Romao - AMLC - Bought for 825k Joaquim looks like a good prospect for the future and I hope he improves on what he achieved this season. His arrival is the main reason why Josip Knezevic didn't play too much.

Jean-Pierre Kremer - ST - Used mainly as a backup this season as i felt he wasn't able to take enough of the chances he had during the mathces he actually played in.

Ivan Bolado - ST - The top goalscorer for the club in each of the last 3 seasons in Liga Adelante. Ivan struggled with life in Liga BBVA as he only scored 11 goals which is much less than what i had hoped for.

Daniel - ST - Daniel was bought for a min-release fee of 325k from Rayo Vallecano and proved to be the sensation of the season. He was brought in as a hot prospect and wasn't expected to be a first team regular. His performances in the early part of the season were simply awesome and he quickly became one of my most important players. He was easily top scorer with 16 goals and also won the Fans Player of the Year.

Next Seasons Aims

What I am hoping for in the coming season is to maintain what I have but also improve the squad where i can. A similar league position is what I want to establish the team in this league. The training facilities are now finally being upgraded so hopefully i will get better youth prospects for the season after next as the upgrades wont be completed until October time.

Renato Curi Angolana - Serie C2/B - 2012/13

4th place at the turn of the year

Only 1 new arrival in January as a clubless 21yo Kazakh AM/F C joined - he was born and bred in Germany hence how my scout found him. I sold one of my original year 1 DCs as with the new youth I had got in September he was not needed.

Following a solid 2-0 win in our opening game we had the visit of leaders Celano as we wished to prove that we could beat them again. And we did, 2-1. They had also lost their opening 2013 game so we were only 5 points behind. A tight 3rd straight home win was followed by our first real thrashing of the season as Gubbia were dismissed 4-1. A 5th straight win followed as we brushed aside Cisco and moved up to 2nd and now only 3 points behind Celano.

Obviously it was time for a dreadful away performance against a relegation threatened side so 0-2 to Barletta followed. 2 more wins later (one very very good at Juve Stabia) and it then started to go wrong; horrible at Sanguistese, an embarrassing 0-0 at home to Viterbese, another defeat and another home 0-0 and we were nowhere near Celano but much nearer to 3rd and 4th than I would have liked. Still miles ahead of 6th so the playoffs were not in much doubt.

Thankfully we refound our ability and reeled off 4 straight wins, the 2nd confirmed the playoffs, the 3rd gave me hope of catching Celano whilst the 4th confirmed 2nd. We lost the last game of the season but it made no difference. To the playoffs...

Our best striker catching flu just before the first match at Foligno did not help, neither did 2 long range efforts from their midfield, we did get one back though and given our respective league positions we only needed to win the return leg; none of this away goals, extra time rubbish. Which we did, and although we were pretty dominant we never got the 2nd goal to make things more secure so the 2nd half was nerve-wracking.

So the final was against Sanguistese. In the first half of the away leg we were awful and lucky to be only 0-2 down. We battered them in the 2nd half but could find no way past their GK. Have to say at this moment I was not feeling too confident. Especially when 40 minutes into the home leg it was still 0-0, then Napoli my best ST scored. And he got another on the hour. And we held on until full time. And then to my horror, I realised there was extra time in case of a tie. But we managed to hold on for those extra 30 minutes as well as both teams were so knackered that the standard of play deteriorated to park football level.

This is the final table and the positions graph shows how steady we were.

So up we go. Considerably better than last year's disaster. Rather unexpectedly it was our defensive record that was the main reason for this; we only scored 2 more than last season but conceded 16 less. We were in fact quite dull, only just over 2 goals per game, we scored more than 2 only 5 times and only once conceded more than 2. Just the one home defeat and solid away with some good victories.

Squad - Panama, Ivory Coast, Romania, Argentina, Slovenia, Kazakhstan, it has all gone a bit international

Summary

Finances - same again, and probably the same next season as both wages and gate receipts should go up

Transfers - the Summer ones were pretty much all a success although the purchase of Bolzan was a bit unneccessary, he will probably be sold, whilst Pasechenko hardly shone, the youths are highlighted below whilst the 2 April arrivals are Belgian and quite good; one is our best DC (did not play as did not want to disturb the team), the other an ML

The stars this season were:

Best GK - Julian Gardette - my assistant recommended him and he was correct to do so, played every match, a clean sheet pretty much every 2 games, several classy saves and very few errors, think he can probably step up a division, depends on if my scouts or assistant spot anyone better

Best Defender - Mijat Maric - fantastic at DL, very few goals were conceded from that side of the pitch, did not set up much but given the winger ahead of him (see later) that is no issue, I think I recall 1 very mildly poor match but all the rest he was very classy, should have no problem doing his stuff in Serie C1

Best Midfielder - Isaac Cuenca - freebie from Barcelona and initially he was a backup to Della Rocca but after consistantly impressing during his cameos I decided to change formation to play him more and went from DMC-MC to 2 MCs just to fit him in, he then continued being awesome week after week, several assists and a nice number of goals, and never a simple tap in either, he has a fantastic left foot and got the 1st and 2nd place for Goal Of The Season for 2 long-rangers

Best Winger - Stephane Marseille - another great new signing, was great at ML, most number of assists and MOMs and Player of the Year, he and Maric had a great partnership on the left hand side, another one who should step up without a problem unless somebody better is uncovered

Best Strikers - Aiman Napoli and Alberto Quintero - I expected a lot from Napoli and he more or less delivered, a lot of goals but also wild inconsistancy, 6 games without a goal and then 6 in 4 kind of stuff, if he can sort that out he will be fantastic, the midget Quintero was great as his partner, very rarely played badly, did not really score enough goals but got a few assists, has a chance of going to next year's World Cup as well

Best Loanee - Nicola Semenzato - came in as backup DC and that is what he was until February, then Ortiz got injured for 2 months so he came in and he never lost his place, great performances with Grieco, is going to be a great player, as Ternana will be in the same division as us next season I really can't see them loaning us him again, in fact they really should play him themselves to be honest

And here are some youths:

Stefano Mainini - came thru upon my arrival and was going to be my first choice until Giorgi arrived, now we are up I might try to loan him out for 1st team experience, doubt he will ever be 1st choice for us but he should have good C1/C2 career

Lorenzo Pisani - another one of mine, came up last season, getting better all the time, was on the bench as DR backup for the last few weeks but never played, probably the same again

Andrea De Rose - came in on a free in September after 2 seasons and 10 appearances in Serie B with Ancona, already looks good to me and he played a couple of solid matches when Maric was out, will probably get a few more matches next season

Leonardo Strukelj - got on a free, we're his first club, looks very promising, got 10 minutes of first team football this season, might get a little bit more next season

Luigi Piccinni - was in non-league last year but my scouts liked him, looks quite good except his mental stats, I'll see how he looks in 12 months time

Andrea Bolzan - another freebie at his first club, looks as promising as Strukelj, might get rid of an ST to give him and Puccinni a chance at a couple of appearances

Don't really know the difference in quality between C1 and C2 but I would like to think that I would be able to survive without changing my squad that much (although Jake No Coke's immediate relegation concerns me). The one position that definitely needs improving is MR but apart from that, I am not actively searching to replace anyone but undoubtedly better players will now be available so I will pick and choose them. Objective has to be relegation avoidance.

Hope there are no stadium requirements in C1, we filled it to capacity (3,000) for the 2 playoff matches but otherwise it was around 1,300 for the most of the others so I don't think it will be expanded unless we are forced to.

Best 11

Overall Best 11

10/11 - Serie C2/B - 7th

11/12 - Serie C2/B - 13th

12/13 - Serie C2/B - 2nd (promoted via playoffs)

Team I Would Like To Play Every Week - Fano - H4-0, A3-1 (14th, avoided relegation via playout)

Team I Would Not Like To Play Every Week - Viterbese - A0-2, H0-0 (18th and last, the shame that we failed to even score a single goal against them :o)

n253915745713_7210.jpg

Venezia - Serie B - Eeason Preview 2015/16

Well it’s been a pretty tough summer to be honest, following the clubs decision to build a new ground and the debt that that entails. I have spent the summer trying to raise some funds and slash the wage bill in order to assemble a decent squad.

The chairman also decided to sell two of my better players - Branko Vasovic and Mohammed Sissoko against my wishes which has meant I have had to try and find reinforcements.

So, who are the newbies I hear you ask…..

Transfers 1 Transfers 2

Goalkeepers

Jerson - Brazilian GK signed for £600k from Palmeriras. the deal was actually done last summer for this promising keeper. He will play understudy this season.

Angelo van Haaren - Dutch keeper brought in as cover for Aranda.

Defenders

Kay Voser - Swiss LB signed on a free from Grasshoppers. Good player, though the fans feel he may unsettle a little. time will tell.

Rouven Herzog - the young German will be cover for Voser this season. decent prospect.

Stoyan Kostadinov - the first of the two Bulgarian imports. Will provide back up mainly. One for the future.

Ismet Stoyanov - Our second Bulgarian defender. Will start as one of our CBs. Decent little player.

Jose Luis Aramayo - another youth prospect, signed for £500k. Has Serie A potential which is good. Highly rated

Midfielders

Jurgen Saumel - Austrian DM signed on a free to bring some experience. Will battle with Temperino and Koke for a starting berth.

Luis Fernandes - Portugese DM prospect - definitely one for the future and a bit of a bargain really.

Strikers

Lewis Ellis - signed on a free after his release by Arsenal. Taken a bit of a gamble on him. hopefully it may pay off. time will tell.

Janos Orosz - Another gamble really on deadline day. £200k bought me this young Hungarian. He looks good, I just hope he is.

So there are the newbies. I have brought in a few other loanees to bulk out the squad a little following the mass exodus of players. I decided to cash in on those who weren’t starters but who had a year left on thir contracts, to get some money for them. the main players in this bracket were Crotti, Poncelet, Venema, Sebo and Perelli. With a bit of luck I haven’t weakened the team too much but many of the changes had to be made to secure the future of the club and bring me down on the wage budget.

So we now prepare to face our final season at the Guiseppe Penzo. Will we christen the new Collauto Prk with Serie A football?? we shall see….

FORZA LAGUNARI!!!

Champions League Group Stage 2015/16

Pisa were drawn in a group with Benfica, Zenit and Liverpool. The results went as follows:

Benfica 1 - 1 Pisa

Pisa 4 - 1 Zenit :)

Liverpool 0 - 1 Pisa

Pisa 3 - 0 Liverpool :D

Pisa 4 - 2 Benfica

Zenit 3 - 5 Pisa

Pisa won the group winning 5 of the 6 games. This saw the boys get drawn against Arsenal, away in the first leg.

The boys took the trip to the Emirates and ran out 2-1 winners, this meant we could return to Italy with a great chance of progressing to the Quarter finals. The whole team played incredibly well and a brace from Di Maria helped us to a 5-1 home victory (7-2 on aggregate).

The European adventure continues.........:cool:

A lot of updates to catch up on!

Stella - well done on survival. That should give you a good platform to build on.

ghostwriter - congrats on promotion and best of luck in Serie C1.

rlipscombe - looks like you found some good prospects there. I especially like the look of Aramayo and Fernandes.

cookie15 - great stuff in Europe. Feeling confident? ;)

I think it's time to take a break from my career game and dust off my BC Branco save. :)

B.C. Branco - 2017/18 Summer Transfers

When I last played this game, I had established B.C. Branco in the Liga Sagres as we had finished 7th in our second season up. Hopeful of a push for a European place this time, I set out to bring in some new faces.

Alas, my chairman had other ideas as he went over my head to accept bids for my Portuguese DM Pele, Mexican left winger Cuevas and Spanish right winger Alberto. The sales brought in 7.5mil, 5mil of which was made available for transfers but I was left fuming at the late August sales of three key players from key positions in the 4-5-1 formation we had been using. (That was why I put the save to one side for a while :mad:)

The following players came in:

David Pons (AMC) - in on a free from Barcelona. The only out and out AMC at the club, he'll give us increased attacking options.

Ernesto (ST) - also a freebie from Barcelona. Frustrated by lack of first team action at Camp Nou but with a good scoring record when he did play (6 goals in 9 starts last season), he should do well here.

Marcos Ledesma (DM, MRC) - Pele's replacement and what a bargain! 2.5k from Boca Juniors = money well spent. :thup:

Pablo (DL) - a bit on the young side but will be back-up for now and I hope he'll be ready for the first team within a season or two.

Rafael (ST) - another 17 year-old and another Spaniard. My scouts say he has potential to be a leading star in Liga Sagres and I think they are right!

Champions League 2015/16 Quarter Finals

This round saw Pisa drawn with Spanish giants Valencia. Understandably Valencia were favourites and David Villa was considered the main threat.

The first leg had Pisa at home and we managed to come from behind to win 2-1. This put us in a good position to head to Spain and see if we could progress.

The boys started well and when Gallardo was pulled down in the area Di Maria strode up and buried the penalty. 1-0 to Pisa :thup: Sadly, this was shortlived :thdn: A quick fire double from that man Villa saw Valencia take the lead and it stayed that way until the end of 90 minutes. I made a couple of changes and bought Lima, my young Brazilian ST, on for Dekker. This proved to be decisive. After 113 minutes of the tie, with the scores level, in he strode to head in the cross to score his first goal of the season. What a time to score. This made the final score 2-2 and fired Pisa into the semis.

We've drawn Bayern Munich in this round, can the boys go one step further.........:rolleyes:

FC_Libourne_Saint-Seurin_L_Isle-log.gif

FC Libourne-Saint-Seurin, 2021-22, Ligue 1

League Position - 18th: Past Positions

Squad

Transfers

Summary

Obviously our first season in Ligue 1 was always going to be a big challenge. The first thing that happened was that the Board got us a link with Lyon. This seemed strange since they were in our division, so any cash from them would be pointless, they also didn't play a friendyl with us, nor did they send us any loan players. Anyway... despite the stadium being expanded, the board gave me money to spend which I spent. I did cash in on a few players, namely Geslin Schafer, who I valued at nowhere near 3.5M, I would have taken 1M for him. Although it looks like we were extremely close to staying up (one point), it actually took us 14 games to pick up our first win. We did manage to draw a lot of games (11) which helped us pick up points, a lot of crucial goals came from unlikely sources as well, our home grown hero Jerome Hebert for example, scored an incredible seven goals this season. Although the relegation may seem like a bad thing, in many ways it isn't. Only one player wanted to leave following it, which means we should absolutely dominate Ligue 2 next season *touch wood*. The financial security we now have following the Stadium being expanded, means that I can strenghten where I need to next year, which ultimately means we'll have a much better squad going into Ligue 1 for the second time.

Onze de départ

GK: Matthieu Dreyer, 33, Français - I've signed another Goalkeeper that has the potential to be just as good as Dreyer, but I opted for Dreyer as first choice this season due to his experience.

DR: Mladen Tsvetkov, 25, Bulgare - The Bulgarian had a good season at right back in his second season at the club. He's not great as a Ligue 1 player yet, but he will be great in Ligue 2 next season.

DL: Alexandru Muscä, 24, Roumain - The Romanian had a good season despite the clubs poor defensive record. He was the only player that expressed interest in leaving the club at the end of the season, he's been fairly loyal to the club so it's only fair for me to cash in on him.

DC: Edgardo Flores, 27, Honduras - A decent player, has the potential to turn into a good Ligue 1 player so should have a good season in Ligue 2 next year.

DC: Mickael Nelsen, 32, Francais - He didn't start many games, but he played in the last 15 games of the season, and since that was the best form of the season for us, he's probably one of the better DC's we had.

MR: Jérôme Hebert, 20, Français - The home grown hero had a good first season in Ligue 1, amazingly he scored 7 goals. At one point he was our top goal scorer!

ML: Gianmarco Gigli, 25, Italien - A fantastic freebie I found in the summer, Gigli had a good season on the left, even if the statistics don't support that.

MC: Sergio Marbus, 29, Néerlandais - The Dutch captain went through a bad patch at the start of the season, I even dropped him at one point in favour of a Korean midfield prospect who looks good. He regained his place in the end though, and played well in our last few games attempt to survive.

MC: Matthieu Causse, 25, Français - The central midfield pair which for the last two years has been brilliant had trouble adapting to Ligue 1, but the experience will have done both Causse and Marbus the world of good.

ST: Vivaldy Joaquim, 27, Congolese - He wasn't really that good, I'd label him crap if he wasn't a youth product of mine. I wouldn't say he was worth the 275K loan fee I payed, but I'll take him next season if I can get him for free on loan.

ST: Razvan Ionica, 24, Roumain - I cashed in on my main striker from last season, for about 3.5M (he was nowhere near worth that kind of money imo) and signed this man as a replacement. He did well, scoring 13 in 33 starts. I expect big things of him in Ligue 2 next year.

-

Official Fans Player of the Year - Jérôme Herbert

Unofficial Young Player of the Year - Jérôme Herbert

Career Overview

Season     League   Position   Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  National    4th       None
2011/12  National    5th       None
2012/13  National    7th       None
2013/14  National    2nd       Promoted 
2014/15  Ligue 2    18th       Relegated
2015/16  National    3rd       Promotion
2016/17  Ligue 2    13th       None
2017/18  Ligue 2    12th       None
2018/19  Ligue 2     7th       None
2019/20  Ligue 2     6th       None
2020/21  Ligue 2     1st       Promoted as Champions
2021/22  Ligue 1     18th      Relegated

[b][size=3][u]Trophies won:[/u][/size]

[/b][size=2]Ligue 2 (x1) - 2020/21[/size]

:mad: My chairman seems intent on selling every midfielder I've got! After selling ym best wingers and DM in the summer, he's now accepted a 2.4mil offer for a central midfielder even though we have over 5mil in the bank and 2mil left in the transfer budget! :mad:

Good luck with next season Paul :thup:

Crunch time. After Bayern crashed to their first defeat of the season I'm now up against 3rd placed Leverkusen. They are only 2 points behind so this is a potential big game to start the tail end of the season as we start February. I bought a new CB but it's another Brazillian so I've run out of foreigner spots /o\

Semi Final First Leg vs Bayern Munich

First leg saw Pisa at home. Naturally, we were seen as massive underdogs, but could we give ourselves a fighting chance?

0-0 at half rime, a few choice words and we'd see what happens. Mariga (MC) got the ball some 25 yards out and moved the ball onto his right foot and rifled a shot into the top right corner, 1-0. IN the closing stages AMR Keko met a cross from Di Maria at the far post and nodded in, 2-0.

Can we hold on and make it to the final? Second leg in due course...........

Archived