Football Manager 2010 - Digital Download Purchase Options (NEW Mac Steam option)

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont complain, we Mac users dont even have a download link.

I really have no idea why I continue to rise to you, but, for one last time - there's no way to provide Mac pre-orders, so the link only goes live when the game is available. At a guess I'd say, oooh, somewhere around October 30th.

My guess: It won't

Actually, it should do, some time tomorrow.

Just for clarification Matt, you are referring to October 30th in our respective timezones or is there an absolute October 30th? I'm not trying to be rude or pushy, I just would like to know one way or the other so I can put my mind at rest until release.

GMT would be my bet.

Any news Matt on if the patch will also be available at 12.01GMT on Friday?

Honestly I don't know. I'd say there's a good chance but really, I'd need to check with SI.

On a separate note Matt are SI/SEGA aware that the game is now available on most of the major torrent websites? This again replicates last years problem though in a different way whereby because of the DRM issues pirates were playing before paying customers - this time because they have their hands on the copies early then the pirated versions are already done and up before the full official release from Steam. This could well cost the companies money especially when they have an express aim to stamp out piracy and I think makes the most compelling reason for moving the release date forward.

The postal stuff guys is companies trying to ensure that their customers aren't affected by Royal Mail - it does suck for us that have ordered with Steam that *some* people have it before us but by no means all of the Pre-Order postal people will have it beforehand and many may still be delayed. I felt we all had legitmate concern earlier when it looked like it was the 31st on steam but now it isnt then we dont have the right to demand/by angry about an unforseen situation.

However as mentioned the torrent situation would be the one I would consider if I was SI or Sega.

Honestly I don't know. I'd say there's a good chance but really, I'd need to check with SI.

Thanks Matt - lets hope so but if you could provide clarification for us that would be great. Perhaps if not here a Sticky as im sure many other people have the same question :)

Appreciate the situation and can only apologise that people are getting annoyed. Unfortunately there's only so much we can do and we've been let down.

I'll check the patch tomorrow.

Not annoyed - im happy provided that its released as advertised - though I accept some people are.

Just simply pointing it out as piracy threatens the production and quality of future versions of the game I and everyone else here loves!

And thanks for checking for the patch.

Matt--I know it's complicated, I understand. But you gotta understand that the ones here are the ones who refuse to get the game in some other obscure way, we appreciate you guys' efforts...but at the end of the day we're just anxious to play it, that's all :)

Thanks for sticking around.

Can anyone please tell me if preloading is going to be available from GAME/Gameplanet as well, or is this just a steam thing? I've received no download links from GAME by email yet...has anyone else?

The email I got from GAME when I ordered my digital download from there, seemed to suggest we'd be able to download it earlier, and then at 00.01 Friday they'd send us our activation codes?

Preload is available on Steam now - rightclick on the game to select.

Does this mean a possible early release? Thought it wasnt going to be loaded to Steam until later? ;)

Newbie Q:

Just to make sure; if I download fm10 then I won't need the CD but will I need an internet connection (after i've finished downloading)? I'm off to Oz (among other places) and face about 60hrs flying. To make it all a little easier I'm taking FM with me to ease the pain!

Hey Guys,

In work at the moment, just wanted to check if I'll be able to predownload my game D2drive today or is it only Steam.

Used D2D as it was 29.99 where as Steam wanted 50 EUR! I taught digital downloads were going to make things cheaper!

Love the demo, can't wait to get going on a full game.

Thanks

SEGA Matt - Mac User Alert!

Can you buy a retail copy of the game, then download through eSellerate and activate using a key that is included on the retail copy to get round the cd in drive problem?

If this isn't possible will you be able to create an ISO image (virtual cd/drive) and just run that to the alleviate the need to have the CD in the drive all the time?

Cheers,

Joe

I doubt it, Steam users have been able to pre-download since midnight yesterday, I ordered my digital download from somewhere else too (GAME/Gameplanet), and like you I have heard nothing. I'm assuming we'll have to do the full download at 00.01

Hey Guys,

In work at the moment, just wanted to check if I'll be able to predownload my game D2drive today or is it only Steam.

Used D2D as it was 29.99 where as Steam wanted 50 EUR! I taught digital downloads were going to make things cheaper!

Love the demo, can't wait to get going on a full game.

Thanks

It would be nice if it was possible, Steam are a complete rip off, at least D2D works well with my 02 broadband. I'd like to download it tonight and then go home tomorrow and play, not much to ask but I've a feeling Sega and Steam have some type of agreement.

Yea well at the the end of the day, as long as I get my download links emailed to me at 00.01 tonight, I'll be happy I guess. Just a shame we can't get the downloading out of the way beforehand like Steam users.

It would be nice if it was possible, Steam are a complete rip off, at least D2D works well with my 02 broadband. I'd like to download it tonight and then go home tomorrow and play, not much to ask but I've a feeling Sega and Steam have some type of agreement.

Its nothing to do with Sega...

All steam games in Euro countries use 1 euro = 1 dollar conversions.

Its only the UK and Australia that get different prices thanks to the pound and the Aussie dollar.

Dont ask me why, its just that way. Nobody forces people to use steam so you cant complain.

Eh so I can't complain, actually I can and just have. You are correct in saying that nobody forces me to use Steam, I don't use Steam.

Sega can not tell a retailer to set the price, as obviously this is illegal. My point was do Steam and Sega have an agreement that Steam are the only direct download company allowed to use pre loads. I would love to be able to pre load mine to 99% today and then go home tomorrow and do the last 1%. But I used D2D which means I'll have to do it tomorrow night when I get back from work and it will be pretty late till the download is completed.

Eh so I can't complain, actually I can and just have. You are correct in saying that nobody forces me to use Steam, I don't use Steam.

Sega can not tell a retailer to set the price, as obviously this is illegal. My point was do Steam and Sega have an agreement that Steam are the only direct download company allowed to use pre loads. I would love to be able to pre load mine to 99% today and then go home tomorrow and do the last 1%. But I used D2D which means I'll have to do it tomorrow night when I get back from work and it will be pretty late till the download is completed.

Do any of the other providers offer preloading as a service?

Not sure to be honest with you, that could be the issue. It would be nice if they all did but I think I seen other games on D2D that you could, I'll have a gander on their page, might try their customer service. Would love to get a few games in on Friday but sure it won't be the end of the world if I have to wait till saturday to play, it will give me something to do during the ten hours or so of the girlfriend watching the x factor!

Actually, the wording of the email I received from GAME/Gamplanet when I placed my order seems to suggest we would be able to pre-download from there:

We're pleased to confirm your pre-order of Football Manager 2010.

We will send you your download links for the game via email the moment they are available then, on the day of release, the 30/10/2009 at 00:01, you'll get an email with your activation key.

That indicates that we will get our download links before our activation key, so we will be able to download it, just not play it till they send us our activation key at 00.01. Unfortunately though it doesn't seem like that is happening. I emailed them asking about this yesterday and have had no response.

I'm not aware of anyone other than Steam that does it or I'm sure we'd be trying to.

If you stay up late you might get it started tonight....;)

-Thanks Kjphoops .

-I hope Matt is joking ..

Why? That's the best we could hope for, if the game gets released at midnight tonight. I am sure Matt doesn't want to commit and say it just incase it doesn't happen, but we certainly weren't going to get it any sooner of steam.

Probably should have ordered a boxed copy, would have had it by now.

why? That's the best we could hope for, if the game gets released at midnight tonight. I am sure matt doesn't want to commit and say it just incase it doesn't happen, but we certainly weren't going to get it any sooner of steam.

Probably should have ordered a boxed copy, would have had it by now.

- ..... :( .....

Archived