The Unmentionables

Barnetboyz

Now pardon the lame title thread but i am hoping this thread can be used to express the players who you believe are great/amazing/world class etc but you never seen mentioned on this forum..

I mean the likes of Briand, Matty Fernandez, Benzema, Breno are all good and all but they say variety is the spice of life and there are quite a few players who could do jobs at any club in the world imo, of course i expect this thread to die on its arse but hey ho

As thread starter i reckon i should post a few players eh..

Goalkeepers

Juan Pablo Carrizo - Managed to find this little gem at the start of the 2nd season and he starts off on loan to River iirc and was suprised that Lazio sold him quite cheap, i mean he has all the stats for a great keeper plus he has a italian co nationality so he won't take up any spots in certain leagues

Yohann Pelé - Another great french keeper to add to the many known ones (of Lloris, Riou, etc).. again seems to have all the great stats plus he is a demon in the air

Full Backs

Aleksander Kolarov - A young serbian who has all the makings of a good left back and depending on game to game he is sometimes an outcast in the original Lazio team and can be picked up fairly cheaply (i managed to get him for £3.5M) only downside are his mental stats but as the hints say in the game, mental stats improve through time

Miguel Angel Torren - A another young full back here starting at the Argentian team Newell's, has great physical stats for a young age and fairly good crossing which i'm sure will only improve with time, looks fairly cheap too

Centre Backs

Pichu Atienza - Have seen his name posted a few times but its time he got some proper air time icon_wink.gif, a cracking spanish legend in the making i'm sure, great in the air, good bravery & anticipation too, plus he usually gets a good scout report whenever i scout him.

Gustavo Cabral - Another strong Argie centre back on show here who isn't too slow, good in the air and even better on the ground, and iirc his contract is up at the start of the game? i might be wrong though, also a non euro player

Defensive Midfielders

Roberto - Only young but has very good defensive stats (although his high creativity might be a slight problem) and stats off at Atletico Paranaense in Brazil, good positioning, team work & work rate also icon14.gif

Eduardo Costa - Starts the game on loan to Gremio but is a very very good defensive midfielder who also isn't afraid to have a crack at goal aswell, not too old either

Attacking Midfielders (need a break from Matty?)

Alejandro Alfaro - A very talented attacking midfielder often frozen out at Sevilla due to their skill in that area already, has great pace, good composure but also is young at 21 (at start of game iirc)

Anton Sosnin - A good very young russian prospect who should cost no more then 1M (sometimes cheaper) at the start of the first season, starts at Zenit Peterburg (where another great player called Skrtel(DC) comes from), good passing & creativity

Wingers

Now personally i haven't been able to find that many good young wingers except for the likes of Torje, Menez, Adu, Di Maria etc but have found a couple of good(ish) players imo

Sérgio Mota - Very young & very skillful sao paulo left winger who seems to have some good stats and i'm sure is great by the time he reaches 22/23+

Ludovic Obraniak - A very good french winger who can player on eitehr wing and has great pace, crossing & dribbling ability but for some reason was not rated by my scouts (stupid arses imo).. great player

Strikers

Now this is quite a tough one to say as the likes of Stancu, Briand, etc are already very well known but again i feel i have found a few great players..

André-Pierre Gignac - Hell this player has everything imo, great pace, great in the air, composed and great finishing and young aswell plus some thunder long shots.. possibly a rival to the great Briand?

Valter Birsa - Another very good player i found tough to play against in the french league, has pace to burn plus is strong and a awesome finisher (don't late his statistics fool you) also young

now of course i'm sure there are a few players not mentioned that are loved by other people.. but thats what this thread is for \o/ if you have a player who needs acknowledgement then post away icon14.gif

Hope this thread is useful to all icon_smile.gif

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now pardon the lame title thread but i am hoping this thread can be used to express the players who you believe are great/amazing/world class etc but you never seen mentioned on this forum..

I mean the likes of Briand, Matty Fernandez, Benzema, Breno are all good and all but they say variety is the spice of life and there are quite a few players who could do jobs at any club in the world imo, of course i expect this thread to die on its arse but hey ho

As thread starter i reckon i should post a few players eh..

Goalkeepers

Juan Pablo Carrizo - Managed to find this little gem at the start of the 2nd season and he starts off on loan to River iirc and was suprised that Lazio sold him quite cheap, i mean he has all the stats for a great keeper plus he has a italian co nationality so he won't take up any spots in certain leagues

Yohann Pelé - Another great french keeper to add to the many known ones (of Lloris, Riou, etc).. again seems to have all the great stats plus he is a demon in the air

Full Backs

Aleksander Kolarov - A young serbian who has all the makings of a good left back and depending on game to game he is sometimes an outcast in the original Lazio team and can be picked up fairly cheaply (i managed to get him for £3.5M) only downside are his mental stats but as the hints say in the game, mental stats improve through time

Miguel Angel Torren - A another young full back here starting at the Argentian team Newell's, has great physical stats for a young age and fairly good crossing which i'm sure will only improve with time, looks fairly cheap too

Centre Backs

Pichu Atienza - Have seen his name posted a few times but its time he got some proper air time icon_wink.gif, a cracking spanish legend in the making i'm sure, great in the air, good bravery & anticipation too, plus he usually gets a good scout report whenever i scout him.

Gustavo Cabral - Another strong Argie centre back on show here who isn't too slow, good in the air and even better on the ground, and iirc his contract is up at the start of the game? i might be wrong though, also a non euro player

Defensive Midfielders

Roberto - Only young but has very good defensive stats (although his high creativity might be a slight problem) and stats off at Atletico Paranaense in Brazil, good positioning, team work & work rate also icon14.gif

Eduardo Costa - Starts the game on loan to Gremio but is a very very good defensive midfielder who also isn't afraid to have a crack at goal aswell, not too old either

Attacking Midfielders (need a break from Matty?)

Alejandro Alfaro - A very talented attacking midfielder often frozen out at Sevilla due to their skill in that area already, has great pace, good composure but also is young at 21 (at start of game iirc)

Anton Sosnin - A good very young russian prospect who should cost no more then 1M (sometimes cheaper) at the start of the first season, starts at Zenit Peterburg (where another great player called Skrtel(DC) comes from), good passing & creativity

Wingers

Now personally i haven't been able to find that many good young wingers except for the likes of Torje, Menez, Adu, Di Maria etc but have found a couple of good(ish) players imo

Sérgio Mota - Very young & very skillful sao paulo left winger who seems to have some good stats and i'm sure is great by the time he reaches 22/23+

Ludovic Obraniak - A very good french winger who can player on eitehr wing and has great pace, crossing & dribbling ability but for some reason was not rated by my scouts (stupid arses imo).. great player

Strikers

Now this is quite a tough one to say as the likes of Stancu, Briand, etc are already very well known but again i feel i have found a few great players..

André-Pierre Gignac - Hell this player has everything imo, great pace, great in the air, composed and great finishing and young aswell plus some thunder long shots.. possibly a rival to the great Briand?

Valter Birsa - Another very good player i found tough to play against in the french league, has pace to burn plus is strong and a awesome finisher (don't late his statistics fool you) also young

now of course i'm sure there are a few players not mentioned that are loved by other people.. but thats what this thread is for \o/ if you have a player who needs acknowledgement then post away icon14.gif

Hope this thread is useful to all icon_smile.gif

a very helpful and great thread from teh legend himself BB.

Carrizo looks a bargain for what the price you paid and definitely deserves to be in the mention for one of the best GK in game.

Yoann Pele seems to be one of the dugs baws in the previous version, although in this version he got overshadowed by Riou and Lloris often. still a good pick up.

Most of the other names I've never heard, but now since its out in the open I will be definitely chceking them out as alternatives.

icon14.gif

cheers bb.

Great idea...

It deos get a bit tiring hearing the same names over and over...

Florent Sinamma-Pongolle from Recreativo is another class player somewhat overlooked.

7mil on the minimum fee release clause is not too shabby for a player who's comparable to Briand in the game...

Riga from Levante is also classy. You can get him for around 4.5mil at the end of the 1st season...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heavybass:

I'm going to say this and I've been saying it for nearly a few years.

Possibly a very overlooked winger who is like Ronaldo but decisive is Helder Barbosa available for 1-2 mil at season 2 and his stats are good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, Helder Barbosa although not recommended by any scouts is a quality player who can be bought for less than £1m.

Other players available on the cheap who turn into good premiership players (I recommend for teams outside the top 4)...

Thiago 16 years old free transfer from Barcelona.

Vantagiatto £3m from Rimini, I'm Portsmouth and this guy doesn't take any time bedding in, he just starts scoring straight away.

Ninis AMR, I've seen people mention him quite a lot but thought I'd also give him the thumbs up.

Available for 875k.

Bjarnason AMRL available for free. Has some pretty decent stats, although I have only just started playing him so cannot comment on how he really turns out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by purefun:

There is a player who i (and i alone icon_wink.gif) mention all the time when asked for a dc or dr or drc and that would be Abenzoar from Lyon a young player but one who develops very good have a look at him in the fifth season.

Please </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

holysmokes he is fb

nice purefan, very nice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Dandy Dons:

valon behrami is never talked about

hes a class left back </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thinking - I always play right wingers at left back too........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonahno6:

02082008162938aq3.th.png]Tommaso Vailatti[/url]

This young midfielder has great stats and has great potential. Can play across the midfield and is great for any club </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Good thinking - I always play right wingers at left back too........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. I think he meant RIGHT back. And he would correct in saying that as Behrami is brilliant at RB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now pardon the lame title thread but i am hoping this thread can be used to express the players who you believe are great/amazing/world class etc but you never seen mentioned on this forum..

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea and good thread matey. Although I do agree with you about the "lame title thread" part!! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, a few of my own:

Matt Hill--> LB - Preston. Extremely solid if you need someone who's more defensive. His only minus point is acceleration which is only 11. Costs only about 400K or so in season 1. Well worth it.

Edinho--> DM - Internacional. Very, very good player. Had him before and he's always delivered.

Edwin Valencia--> DM - Atletico Paranaense. Another brilliant DM. Very consistent.

Mirel Radoi--> CB/DM - Steaua Bucharest. One of my star players at Derby. Attracted interest from many top clubs after the first season but thankfully didnt get annoyed when I rejected their advances. Can play DM as easily as can CB. Available for about 1.5M at the start. People talk about Cristopher Samba. He's better than Samba and makes a cracking captain too.

I think I have a few more. Will post later. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by louis118:

What skin is this BB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dynamic 1.1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He said it above dud, see quote.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Barnetboyz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by louis118:

He said it above dud, see quote. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't suppose anyone has a link to this skin? Been searching google but nothing icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jazzfusion:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HoPeY:

He said it above dud, see quote. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't suppose anyone has a link to this skin? Been searching google but nothing icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dynamic link.

I think Etienne Didot doesn't get enough praise from people on here. He is a great midfielder, has brilliant mental attributes and makes a wicked captain. Aweosome passer of the ball aswell who scores his fair share of goals from distance. He starts out at Rennes but I have signed him for my Sevilla side.

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=didotcq4.png

I will concur with what was said above abount José San Roman, he starts off on loan to Tigre but a 150k bit will send him to you

Kristoffer Haestad is a solid DM/MC, not so effective at LM, but worth a punt. Stats arent fab, but he plays so well

Damien Escudero (Velez) - like Leto, but younger and cheaper

Diego Valeri (Lanus) is always worth a punt

Waldo Ponce (Universidad de Chile) - cheap and solid, can be got for free when the Chile season ends in January - get a pre-contract with him

Okay, you probably know most of these and some aren't available first season cos of recent transfers but here goes:

Forestieri (Siena)

Matusiak (Heerenveen)

Defour (Anderlecht)

Lenny (Fluminese)

Bicfalvi (Steaua)

Janczyk (CSKA Moscow)

Zhirkov (CSKA Moscow)

Schlaudraff (Bayern)

Villagra (River)

Planus (Bordeaux)

Mvuemba (Portsmouth)

Alberman (Udinese)

Shpungin (M Tel-Aviv)

Coda (Udinese)

Dellafiore (Palermo)

Cigarini (Parma)

Celsinho and Adrien (Loko Moscow)

Mesto (Udinese)

Semioli (Fiorentina)

Sinkiewicz (Leverkusen)

Stendardo (Lazio)

Sapara (Rosenborg)

Sabic (Free)

Ilic (Betis)

Hazard (Lille)

Check them out and see what you think. icon_smile.gif

Aaah, Torren, great call BB icon14.gif I buy him whenever possible and usually comes as cheap as chips.

Also, Roberto is a good call, signed him for Shakhtar and he seems to be coming along very nicely.

Carrizo is a great keeper but I've never been able to get him very cheap icon_frown.gif I must also buy Gignac. Had a look at him a couple of times but never bothered to sign him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Sylvain Marveaux </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great call, there mate.

I'd also like to point out no-one ever hardly mentions Ionut Mazilu ! What a player!

Some more:

Costin Lazar - Romanian DM, can be bought for around £250k-500k. Absolute quality

Capdevila - Good, cheapish Spanish left-winger. Signed for £600k + £1.9m over 24 months from Valladolid.

Alexey Eremenko - Rather cheap playmaker. Class for lower prem teams. Can be picked up for about £3m

Malik Mouath Al-Hawasawi - Can be signed for about £1.5m and is an absolute beast

Stefan Babovic - Quality AMC that can be signed very cheaply. Probably won't get a work permit, though.

Marius Constantin - £1.5m for a beast of a centre-back.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Janczyk (CSKA Moscow)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this boy was fantastic on 07. Good to see he's getting better, but he's like 20 times more expensive than he was last game, still a good buy tohugh, bangs in a lot of goals.

Archived