[FM08] Knockbreda F.C - 1 Man. 3,000 Dreams

NepentheZ

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to keep you guys updated, (Going to try and keep this thread more active than 1 update per season)

Smylie : 11 Apps, 32 Goals, 9 Assists. [And 1 in 1 for N. Ireland]

YP1 : 11 Apps, 21 Goals, 14 Assists.

My strikers are on form :D

In the Champions League, I've got quite an easy group, Porto, Fener and Red Star. I lost the first game to Porto 2-0, but beat Red Star 5-2 and now have 2 games v Fener, (who lost to Red Star and Porto) to pretty much secure my place into the knockout stages.

Just to keep you guys updated, (Going to try and keep this thread more active than 1 update per season)

Smylie : 11 Apps, 32 Goals, 9 Assists. [And 1 in 1 for N. Ireland]

YP1 : 11 Apps, 21 Goals, 14 Assists.

My strikers are on form :D

In the Champions League, I've got quite an easy group, Porto, Fener and Red Star. I lost the first game to Porto 2-0, but beat Red Star 5-2 and now have 2 games v Fener, (who lost to Red Star and Porto) to pretty much secure my place into the knockout stages.

That's a fantastic start Nep :thup: The CL Group sounds like it provides lots of oppertunities for Smylie to bag goals! :D

Just won the league cup for the 32nd time in a row :D

Brilliant!

Just so everyone knows, Andrew Smylie CAN do it in Europe too :D

[stats are form the end of the Group Stage]

Top Scorers :

Andrew Smylie - 20

Leonardo - 8

Phil Evans - 8

:D

So there you have it, he's even miles ahead of the best strikers in the champs league, not just a free scoring machine in the N. Irish leagues.

Just so everyone knows, Andrew Smylie CAN do it in Europe too :D

[stats are form the end of the Group Stage]

Top Scorers :

Andrew Smylie - 20

Leonardo - 8

Phil Evans - 8

So there you have it, he's even miles ahead of the best strikers in the champs league, not just a free scoring machine in the N. Irish leagues.

That's just insane Nep! :eek::D

Knockbreda Suffer DEVASTATING BLOW

300+ Games after the last league defeat, Portstewart defy all odds, and smash Knockbreda apart in the league 4-1. A Hat-Trick from little knows Greg Ross and a goal from young left back Chris Horner devastated Knockbreda team blown away. Smylie replied for the Knockbreda Globe Trotters in the first half to make the game 2-1, but it wasn't enough. For one of the first times in nearly a decade, Knockbreda were even out played in all aspects of the game.

300+ Games after the last league defeat, Portstewart defy all odds, and smash Knockbreda apart in the league 4-1. A Hat-Trick from little knows Greg Ross and a goal from young left back Chris Horner devastated Knockbreda team blown away. Smylie replied for the Knockbreda Globe Trotters in the first half to make the game 2-1, but it wasn't enough. For one of the first times in nearly a decade, Knockbreda were even out played in all aspects of the game.

Seppuku time?

Greg Ross any good, could he do a score a lot of goals for you?

When i saw that, i thought Smylie had been seriously injured! A set-back for your aim to take most/all of the records in the FM08 Records thread Nep, but not as bad as Smylie getting seriously injured!

Knockbreda Globe Trotters :D

No mate. He's absolutely rubbish :D

Must be a strange almost unknown feeling to lose a league game after 300 unbeaten.

Good to see this up and running again, I think Smylie's scoring is almost a bug in the game lol.

Yeah its odd. I think its the 3rd league game I've lost in about 30 seasons. So nearly 1,000 games.

When i saw that, i thought Smylie had been seriously injured! A set-back for your aim to take most/all of the records in the FM08 Records thread Nep, but not as bad as Smylie getting seriously injured!

Knockbreda Globe Trotters :D

Nah not injured. His stats are decreasing now though. Shooting has gone down 2 points in the last 10 months. Maybe only 2-3 more 100+ goal seasons left in him.

Knockbreda Parish FC, Season 39 [2046/2047]

First Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Premier Division - Winners

N. Irish League Cup - Winners

N. Irish Antrim Cup - Winners

Champions League - Winners

All Ireland Cup - Winners

N. Irish Cup - Winners

Reserve Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish Reserve Group - Winners

Intermediate Cup - Winners

[/url]

U-18's Team

Team Sheet

N. Irish U-18's Group - Winners

U-18's Cup - Winners

The Manager

Manager Info

Manager Profile

Manager Personal

Manager Overview

The Club

Affiliates - Missing.

Club Info - Missing.

Best Eleven Season

Best Eleven Overall

Coefficients [Knockbreda are Ranked 6th]

Finances - Missing.

Player Records

Team Records

Richest Clubs

Staff - Missing.

Transfers - Missing.

Team Sheet

The Awards

Champions League Best Player - Andrew Smylie

Champions League Dream Team - 7 Players

Champions League Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

European Golden Boot - Andrew Smylie

Fans Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Manager of the Year - Craig Douglas [NepentheZ]

N. Irish Player of the Year - Andrew Smylie

Player of the Year [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

Young Player of the Year [NIP] - Gary Lappin

Top Goal Scorer [NIP] - Andrew Smylie

The Records

Most Wins in a row - 39 Consecutive wins.

The Transfers - In

Joao Maria - This guy has a lot of potential. Physically, he's not very good, but technically, he looks like he could be amazing.

The Player

Andrew Smylie - His stats are in decline now, but he's still banging in the goals. Only around 400 to go before he hits 3,000. At the end of this season, he also had 897 games for Knockbreda, along with 103 for N. Ireland, meaning he has played exactly 1,000 career games.

The Games

Knockbreda 5 - 2 Inter [Champions League Final]

Match Stats | Knockbreda Player Stats

What a game. I went behind in this game 2 times, and with 20 minutes left looked down and out. Manco hit a second to level this up at 2-2, and nothing stopped me from there. Even a missed Smylie Pen couldn't stop him getting on the scoresheet and YP1 bagged a goal too.

Knockbreda 5 - 0 Institute [NIP]

The reason for this game, is the fact that I started, and finished the game with 8 players from my youth team. 7 of which are involved in the youth player project. YP1 bagged a brace in this, and Smylie picking up 2 as well, with the 5th being an OG.

Knockbreda 6 - 0 Lyon [Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg]

I got absolutely battered in the first leg, losing 4-0. I thought that was it for the Champs league. I thought it was game over. But a sensational home win, with YP1 hitting ALL SIX goals, took me through to the final. And we all know what happened there.

Knockbreda 1 - 4 Portstewart [NIP]

This is the game that ended another 300+ unbeaten league run. Unreal, really. I had a strong team out, but portstewart inflicted my biggest domestic defeat since 2009.

Summary

A superb season. YP hitting 94 goals, Smylie scoring 140, and a Champs League win to boot. Domestically, I cleaned up again. I can't really add much more.

Great to see you back playing on this save again Nep.

You need to update your location now. :D

Nice clean sweep of all the trophies and Smylie continues to amaze!

Just had a quick look at this. Can I ask why you trained him as a defender too? Were you short at the back or something? :confused: He doesn't look like he has it in him to play centre-back judging from his stats. :D

Regards,

C.

Great to see you got your computer back, and that both Smylie and YP 1 haven't lost form! :thup:

Just had a quick look at this. Can I ask why you trained him as a defender too? Were you short at the back or something? :confused: He doesn't look like he has it in him to play centre-back judging from his stats. :D

I think it was a trick to get his stats up. (Wasn't there a thread in GD some time ago about that?)

Great to see you back playing on this save again Nep.

You need to update your location now. :D

Nice clean sweep of all the trophies and Smylie continues to amaze!

Regards,

C.

Great to see you got your computer back, and that both Smylie and YP 1 haven't lost form! :thup:

I think it was a trick to get his stats up. (Wasn't there a thread in GD some time ago about that?)

Thanks for the replies guys. And yea, C, pretty much what Roman said. I read a thread in GD a whil back, that apparently changes the attribute cost within CA when a player has multiple positions. So for example, 1 point in shooting costs a striker 1 CA point [These figures are random, fwiw, I don't actually know the numbers] - but costs a DC 0.5 CA points. There fore, allowing the player to get higher attributes within the same CA.

I'll find the thread

how are n. ireland gettin on then?

Ok. They beat most teams outside of the top 10. But have only made it to 1 major finals so far. The N. Irish manager has been there for 21 years now. I really want that job, so I hope he retires soon :D

Another fantastic season Nep Smylie's stats may be getting worse but he still continues to amaze. Any sign of a 4,000 goal man?

Not yet. I doubt I'll ever find one either. Smylie is an exceptional player. I don't think I'll ever get someone to get close to 3,000 again.

Ok. They beat most teams outside of the top 10. But have only made it to 1 major finals so far. The N. Irish manager has been there for 21 years now. I really want that job, so I hope he retires soon :D

Not yet. I doubt I'll ever find one either. Smylie is an exceptional player. I don't think I'll ever get someone to get close to 3,000 again.

The N.Ireland manager MUST leave sometime soon. 21 years :eek:

What would you do if you did find a guy that could be as good/better than Smylie? Would you stick him into Smylie's position and risk Smylie not getting the 3,000 or would you put him on the left and risk him not getting to three/four thousand?

I'd put him on the left. :D Well, Youth Player 1 is probably as good as Smylie. His attribuues are very similar. He's already scored over 600 goals for the club from that Left Striker role. Once Smylie retires, he will move over to the right, so I full expect him to get around 1,500 goals. :D

Although I told you Greg Ross was rubbish [which he really is] he's just scored 2 more goals against me, albeit in a 6-2 WIN over portstewart this time. I might sign him, give him half a season and see what he can do :D

In the 122 league goals season in 30 games, he hit over 4 per game. Although IIRC, he scored 35 goals in 4 consecutive games that season [9,9,10,7]

Whats crazy is, he's missed 98 League games in his career so far. Even if we take the lower averages, at roughly 2.5 GGP, thats another 240ish goals he could have potentially scored :D

Archived