Sports Interactive Community

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Fixed this by just removing a bunch of league fates and pure relying on renaking info and cont cup rules.
  3. Does your NZ league have the proper teams qualify for OFC CL? (League winner and playoff winner) You are more than welcome to just steal mine if they dont as i have had to rig up some ***** in Advanced to get her to work. Also im not sure if we have a domestic cup for the Top league
  4. I was asked to make a actual real life NZ Premiership as well as my fantasy one along with my fixed Oceania Champions league. This SHOULD hopefully be it with proper Continental qualifying rules. There are no other leagues active in this comp, ill leave that to DementedHammer, but at least i fixed the Champions league. So if you wanna start in the worst confederation for a Journeyman, start here. O-League.fmf ISPS Premiership.fmf
  5. Time to round up the season, beginning with the golden boot, won by our own Ivan Toney and the Team of the Year, which featured only two Peterborough players and our playing stats for the season
  6. O-League.fmfISPS Premiership.fmf Here should be the FINAL versions. HOPEFULLY save ready, if u hit any bugs or problems let me know. I did add 10k for people outside of top 4 just for some sort of financial stability.
  7. The match engine this year is the first year I've genuinely struggled to have any fun playing it in probably a decade. I see some beautiful build up then the striker gets it and kills someone in row z. Headers comically looping over the bar from 3 inches out etc. Then the goals you do see scored are invariably scrappy scrambles in the box, set pieces or a player with finishing and long shots under 10 getting a 35 yarder laser like into the top corner. All of which you feel as a manager you have almost no say over in the creation of. The stated goal of this year's FM is to encourage long saves etc. We are in the first week of December after the game came out 2 weeks later than usual and I'm already bored of the game never mind my longterm save that I usually play for 30+ seasons. Its a chore to get through matches this year. (I played FM19 right through from Beta release to FM20s Beta release and never felt much of a need to complain about it either)
  8. The most notable problem in your tactic is the left flank. You have an attacking WB and attacking MEZ on the same side, so who is supposed to protect the flank when both bomb forward? Therefore, my first suggestion would be - keep Pogba as a MEZ on attack (that's a good role for him), but change Shaw into IWB on defend. Why on defend, and not support? Because he has the trait "gets forward whenever possible", so he needs a duty that will discourage him from doing that too often because he needs to cover for Pogba. Remember, this current Man Utd is weaker than last season, primarily due to the departure of Herrera (which is a huge loss). Another potentially weak point is your selection of Fred as a player in the DM position. Fred is not defensively reliable enough to be the one that will play immediately in front of your defense. The role (DLP) is a good choice, and it does suit him absolutely. But in central midfield and on support duty. So who should be your DM? Well, in this current squad, Mc Tominay looks like the most logical choice. Role? DM on defend duty, if you ask me. Btw, you need to buy a reliable holding-type midfielder to compensate for Herrera as soon as possible - one that can play both in DM and CM positions. Because if Mc Tominay gets injured - you are immediately in trouble (especially as I don't see Matic in your squad). Up front, CF is a great role as such, but the problem is that you need a simple role for the lone striker, simply because you already have enough creators behind and around him. If you play Rashford as the lone striker, there are 3 potential roles that would suit him - AF, poacher or PF on attack. And in this particular system, I would most likely go with the PF on attack duty. So, after these changes, the setup would look like this: PFat IWsu Wsu MEZat DLPsu DMde IWBde CDst CDco FBat GKde Is it okay now, or maybe more tweaks are needed? Let's see... AML as an IW on support looks good - both in terms of player selection (Martial) and role partnerships (compatible with both the mezzala on attack and PF on attack). So it can remain What about the opposite flank? I would also play Lingard as a standard winger in AMR, but on attack duty, both in order to add more penetration up front and because a winger on attack generally links up well with a lone striker on attack. However, this means that Wan-Bissaka's duty should be dropped to support - and WB on support would be the most appropriate choice in this system. FB on support is okay as well, but I fear that could be a bit too conservative, given that there already is a holding midfield role in MCR (DLP on support), so you need a role that can provide more width in the advanced stage of your attacks by naturally overlapping the midfield. When it comes to your CB pair, I would avoid a stopper duty in a system where you have a DM. Therefore, either both on defend, or one on defend and the other on cover (but on the latter case, do not use the offside trap). So, this would be my preferred setup for these 11 guys: PFat IWsu Wat MEZat DLPsu DMde IWBde CDde CDde/co WBsu GKde In terms of mentality and instructions... not sure that this Utd team is good enough to execute the counter-press safely. Therefore, I would either entirely remove the CPress, or use it only occasionally. In defense, a combination of higher DL and standard LOE looks okay to me. When it comes to the Prevent short GKD... can remain, although I would prefer a split block instead. That would increase chances of counter-attack (besides being defensively safer). In possession... nothing particularly wrong, but I prefer to start with fewer instructions and then gradually add more if needed. My only starting in-possession TIs would be play out of defence and shorter passing. I would then carefully watch the match and see if I need to up the tempo a bit (to higher), or allow more freedom of creativity and movement in the attacking third (be more expressive), or maybe ask for a bit more patience up front if I notice players attempting too many speculative shots, passes or crosses and thus giving away possession cheaply (work ball into box). However, do not employ all these potential tweaks all at once, but one by one (until you see the team play as you want them to). I hope this will be helpful. Any questions and/or suggestions are more than welcome
  9. Off which it may or may not be too easy to get a shot off in the first place. This needed to be checked in future iterations too. There's two Kinds of defending in this game likewise -- it even has ist own tactics screen. Namely positional defending, and then the static set piece defending….. @JEinchy Great post.
  10. After my save in greece got corrupted, i decided to start a new one in Turkey. The team i chose was maniaspor, from manisa, a team in the west of asian turkey. Media prediction is 12th but the board only wants me to not get relegated.
  11. I agree with the OP. Ive tried to set those instructions that I always want to use so I already have them there, but the game never paid attention to my changes, NEVER.
  12. Season 2022 - 2023 PROMOTION League Table Squad Youth Intake Transfer History Season 2022 / 23 - 1st Serie C / C - Promotion to Serie B. Season 2021 / 22 - 5th Serie C / C - Knocked out 3rd round Promotion Playoff Season 2020 / 21 - 10th Serie C/C - Knocked out 1st round Promotion Playoff After a dominating first half of the season I almost throw the league win away, but manage to win the last match of the season to secure promotion. Alot of highlights this season, the biggest being my star striker from last season intake. Giorgio Talarico scoring 39 goals in 42 matches and look like something special. Will be exciting to see how good he will be. Alot of interest for him already but signed him on a new deal with Sell Clause at 20M. Also reaching round of 8 in Italian Cup getting knocked out by Inter away. Winning Serie C Super Cup and reach semifinal in Serie C Cup with my reserves. Both my U20 and U18 team won their division so the season couldnt have gone better. I'm very optimistic for the future. I've been blessed with great personalities on the influential player, making mentoring very effective. Shown in squad personality as Highly Professional. Youth Intake was pretty bad, but a couple of players that can be useful in the future. Mattia Pisani and Antonello Plazzi GL ALL !!
  13. I included pkm's with my original post, others have added their own, did I not do it correctly?
  14. Squad Summary So as you can see Moore was our top player with 28 in 36 - a great return! I am surprised Mampala didn't surpass him but maybe now he has had a season with us he will find even better form next year Waring is unhappy as he is now a sub - his 6'5" frame was great for unlocking games but he wants more time and will probably leave on a free. Sousa, McGhee, Glendon, Sinclair, Maxwell & Lynch were all key players Brad Jackson is probably at the limit of his ability now which is a shame. I desperately need quality for the RB position. I also snuck my reserve GK in for the last game just to give him a winners medal I thought Kennedy would be good but I ended up with 3 LBs and couldnt really get him games, he is likely to leave along with Agbontohoma, Waring and Thomas who couldnt really make an impact this season despite finding some good partnerships at the end of last year - I think when we went back to 4-5-1 his time with us was done. I think my priorities for the window are: A RB (said that last year, but couldnt find anyone) an extra CM to support fitness in a 4-5-1 system Wingers - but only if they increase quality in the squad. (Rolando Aarons is available but is asking for double what anyone else is getting) Obviously if i find people who are better than I've got I'll take them but those are what the scouts are after. I'd largely agree with that but maybe put in Joe Lynch for Hunter and drop Maxwell to the DM - Lynch was a good passer that could create a chance, Hunter and Maxwell were both ball winners so probably clashed but I guess the TotS doesn't really care...
  15. Can't buy a win, but I see people romping to title wins with ease.
  16. Thanks for sorting this out BTW, guys. Matches are a much better experience now.
  17. Hi Alan, I hope you manage to resolve your issue eventually. But perhaps my situation might help make you feel a little better. I bought the game last Thursday, and like you, I don't want to start a game until it is customised to how I WANT TO PLAY IT... I think real FM geeks will understand me here. I love the pre game editor, so I started my work... Yes last Thursday. I had downloaded various editor data files, that others had posted, but what I really wanted was just one file to boot my game up with, as I have noticed previously that some are not compatiple running together, so something I may have edited in my file, if it has not been edited in someone elses, and I run the game using both files, then my edited info is incorrect... ETC ETC. To cut my long story brief... I had my original save, xxx.fmf file, I saved 2 copies of this, xxx.fmf and xxx1.fmf (for example) - I was also creating new saves if I set up nation rules, and wanted to test them, so ENG TEST.fmf (for example) - Once I found out that it worked in game, so yeah, I would start a new game up using that editor data, and have a browse to see if things are working how I want, then I would notice areas that need tweaking, and then I would save the edited data over my 'main fmf file'... But then, as I like to keep things tidy on my computer, I would remove the 'ENG TEST.fmf' file and empty my bin... (Can I call myself a D**k on here? 😆... (Someone just commented that you should make various saves... 0.1, 0.2 etc... Great Idea by the way, thanks for that!) So... Thursday 28th November, until today 7th December, you mentioned a days work... I'm talking 8/9 days work... Hours work... My fmf file had over 16000 changes... Then at 22:00 today, I loaded it up... and I see 'Database changes - (22)'... 🤨🤨🤨 I'm thinking... So i loaded my second copy of the file... (22 changes)... WTF 😂😂😂 Yes I eventually laughed, because I realise people in the world have far worse issues in their lives than this is for me... But what a bummer... Being a prized Bell End, I have without thinking saved over my files, and now they are lost... 8 DAYS work ... down the tubes... OR? Does anyone know if it possible to recover lost data? Before anyone else mentions Time Machine (because I have a Mac) - No I have not had the intelligence (yet) to set that Sh*t up... Until now... haha when it's kinda a bit too late. The thing is, under settings on the Editor application... There is a tick next to 'enable data recovery'... So what does that mean? Are my files somewhere? At least (from what I can gather, you can see your files in the editor, just not in the game?) But anyone know if my files can be recovered somehow... Because I would LOVE to not have to spend another 8 days re-doing it all... (But yes, I definitely will if I have to, because how could I call myself a true Football Manager geek otherwise. Anyway, all i'm trying to say is... It could be worse mate haha 😅 All the best, hope you sort it... And if anyone has any ideas for me... Would be much much much appreciated. 👌🏽 Liam
  18. 2024/25 Season Preview Firstly, here is a preview of my squad as I head into the season, my first in the Liga 2 and the club's first since it's well earned promotion last season: I have kept a largely unchanged side for this season - down to both the fact that I didn't really have any money to spend (a £550k budget isn't great when you are ~£1m in the red) and also because I was unable to really set my recruitment off to find players at the tail end of last season when I was unsure of the level that we'd be playing at this season. --- Five players have arrived this summer, for the grand total of £0. These deals have both provided me some extra depth in areas that I am weak and also upgraded the playing staff in that area. Firstly, Benjamin comes in to add some extra depth to the backline. He's professional, versatile, determined and featured 41 times for Barcelona B at this level last year so I feel he is a perfect addition to the squad. He's good in the tackle, can mark and head and has good technique and that is combined with good concentration and decision making. He's also good physically across the board for his age. I am strong at centre back and I feel that he may come to outgrow us and move on and that is fine - providing that I can turn a good profit on him. Angel has played purely non-league football for Lorca to this date yet I have taken a punt on him as backup in our time as a lower second tier side. He's two footed, versatile, young and has a decent personality and is good at passing, works hard, makes good decisions and is incredibly quick off the mark. He's a lot more under-developed than Benjamin, but, with William Santos ahead of him - he'll only see a small portion of football this season. Pablo was a pain to play against in his time at Andorra. He has one game of experience at this level and two at La Liga level but is good pretty much across the board. He's the oldest player I've brought in and his personality and media handling of Balanced/Media Friendly doesn't tell me a lot about him, but he does add some quality, and some height, that I feel was missing last year. He'll play as an IW but I really want to see him in the box and scoring goals for us. Playing at Gil Vicente, in the second tier of Portuguese football was Juan Villa, a 24 year old Colombian. He was signed on a free and, like Angel before him, is two footed. He's also really determined and has an excellent workrate - just what I want in his ideal role: the supporting Mezzala. He has got a good ability to pass, dribble, shoot and cross and is composed, decisive and works hard or the team as well as being physical too. I have high hopes for him replacing Julio in the heart of my midfield. Neto signs on loan as backup for Pena. He's very similar in the fact that he can make a good Trequartista due to his good technique and first touch and gets away with a poor workrate but he's not quite good enough to usurp my own Spaniard. Neto isn't my player, nor do we have an option to sign him - therefore I'm going to use him mostly from the bench.
  19. Hi Alan, I hope you manage to resolve your issue eventually. But perhaps my situation might help make you feel a little better. I bought the game last Thursday, and like you, I don't want to start a game until it is customised to how I WANT TO PLAY IT... I think real FM geeks will understand me here. I love the pre game editor, so I started my work... Yes last Thursday. I had downloaded various editor data files, that others had posted, but what I really wanted was just one file to boot my game up with, as I have noticed previously that some are not compatiple running together, so something I may have edited in my file, if it has not been edited in someone elses, and I run the game using both files, then my edited info is incorrect... ETC ETC. To cut my long story brief... I had my original save, xxx.fmf file, I saved 2 copies of this, xxx.fmf and xxx1.fmf (for example) - I was also creating new saves if I set up nation rules, and wanted to test them, so ENG TEST.fmf (for example) - Once I found out that it worked in game, so yeah, I would start a new game up using that editor data, and have a browse to see if things are working how I want, then I would notice areas that need tweaking, and then I would save the edited data over my 'main fmf file'... But then, as I like to keep things tidy on my computer, I would remove the 'ENG TEST.fmf' file and empty my bin... (Can I call myself a D**k on here? 😆... (Someone just commented that you should make various saves... 0.1, 0.2 etc... Great Idea by the way, thanks for that!) So... Thursday 28th November, until today 7th December, you mentioned a days work... I'm talking 8/9 days work... Hours work... My fmf file had over 16000 changes... Then at 22:00 today, I loaded it up... and I see 'Database changes - (22)'... 🤨🤨🤨 I'm thinking... So i loaded my second copy of the file... (22 changes)... WTF 😂😂😂 Yes I eventually laughed, because I realise people in the world have far worse issues in their lives than this is for me... But what a bummer... Being a prized Bell End, I have without thinking saved over my files, and now they are lost... 8 DAYS work ... down the tubes... OR? Does anyone know if it possible to recover lost data? Before anyone else mentions Time Machine (because I have a Mac) - No I have not had the intelligence (yet) to set that Sh*t up... Until now... haha when it's kinda a bit too late. The thing is, under settings on the Editor application... There is a tick next to 'enable data recovery'... So what does that mean? Are my files somewhere? At least (from what I can gather, you can see your files in the editor, just not in the game?) But anyone know if my files can be recovered somehow... Because I would LOVE to not have to spend another 8 days re-doing it all... (But yes, I definitely will if I have to, because how could I call myself a true Football Manager geek otherwise. Anyway, all i'm trying to say is... It could be worse mate haha 😅 All the best, hope you sort it... And if anyone has any ideas for me... Would be much much much appreciated. 👌🏽 Liam
  20. March 2022 It is fair to say we made this month very very hard for ourselves... scoring 3 goals in 6 games is outrageous and I didnt know what to do - I think the issue was that I constantly had 2 or 3 fatigued players heading into most of the games. Never the less... As you can see, Northampton and ourselves ran away with the league - in season 1, 87 points was enough to win and weirdly, last season Barrow came 2nd with 96 points. The other good news is I've also been given a transfer budget of £1mil (I dont understand why Chester are so rich, there is a chairman vote every year which i assume means we are owned by a fan consortium... but hey, shan't complain!)
  21. I am glad its been reported. He is a right footed player, who can play Left back.
  22. I think that the game is a lot harder than any FM what i have played
  23. Its just me or its a lot harder this year to win away games? I knows away games are always diffuclt, but in FM 20 any team that i playing away from home just in a magic way start playing like all stars
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?