Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forget about your exams. FM is far more important.

surprisingly, that made me lol :D

Seriously though, I know that exams are more important, and I probably will find the will power to stay off, but just in case I will uninstall it later today :)

surprisingly, that made me lol :D

Seriously though, I know that exams are more important, and I probably will find the will power to stay off, but just in case I will uninstall it later today :)

Self-discipline is a lesson anyone has to learn at some point anyway. Uninstalling will help short term, but not solve the underlying problem...

to be honest matt just find that balance between revision and FM as others have said.

give yourself a timetable of say 1/2 an hr of revision = 1/4 of an hour on FM. Anyway it's always good to have a break from revision.

Good Luck with the exams and remember you've got all summer to play

Ive got/had the same problems (preparing for my A2 exams currently)

for my GCSEs i just didnt revise where my footbal manager game was. i went into different rooms (or put my laptop in a different room) or i went to the local library. i managed to get good results

however, last summer with my AS's i did the criminal thing and tried to play football manager whilst revising. dont. you will get sucked in, and i did rubbish in my exams (for me at least)

in january everything was ok as due to a broken laptop i didnt have the game.

This time its all about self-constraint and a balancing act. i have set out how many hours a day of revision that i want to do, and during those times whenever possible i have my laptop turned off. basically, every other moment that i am inside the house i play football manager, and so far it is working well.

Stop playing Fm now, whilst you still can, if have the misfortune to still be playing it when you get to Uni then you should start to worry. Seriously i never had a problem putting it down through my GCSE's and A-levels, but Uni is in a whole different ballpark. It got to the stage where i posted the game back to my parents before my final exams so it couldn't distract me! Managed a 2:1 grade from my 2nd year as a result.

Ironically i tend to do better in exams where i dont revise as much, got good long-term memory i have:D

Ive got French oral (oral haha) next week! :eek: I would be more worried if I had any chance of passing. Got practical PE aswell but i'm alright at that :thup:

I'm exactly the same, hehe. I know that I'm fine for everything apart from French, which I know I'm going to fail in, and I'd rather not try and be unsurprised at failing than putting in tons of effort and being disappointed at failing. :D French oral is ridiculous anyway, it's not even a speaking test, but a memory test.

I'm exactly the same, hehe. I know that I'm fine for everything apart from French, which I know I'm going to fail in, and I'd rather not try and be unsurprised at failing than putting in tons of effort and being disappointed at failing. :D French oral is ridiculous anyway, it's not even a speaking test, but a memory test.

same for german, haha i hate having to do german exams, they are taped ooooooooo i hate them!

For the "GCSEs are a piece of cake people but A levels are hell" people. You just say this now. When you are done you will be saying that about A levels. Trust me they are nothing compared to uni. As for OP, play FM and revise, it is easy to manage your time. Don't you have study leave? revise one hour a day for each GCSE and send the rest doing what you want. Solve past papers instead of just reading the material all over again.

i didn't do any of my coursework for my GCSE's wich counts as a large amount towards your final grade. I got all D's.

Fast forward 12 years to where i am now and i am seeing a girl with double D's and i am a programmer that travels the country. GCSE's are really over rated :p

Lol same problem for me, AS exams fast approach, and all 4 of my subjects are hard, with Chemistry and Geography especially lol. Im still playing and I want to stop now. Good advices by some people in here, leaving the computer to another room or go to library is a good idea.

i didn't do any of my coursework for my GCSE's wich counts as a large amount towards your final grade. I got all D's.

Fast forward 12 years to where i am now and i am seeing a girl with double D's and i am a programmer that travels the country. GCSE's are really over rated :p

Double D's?

But the OPs future should be motivational enough to keep him off the game for a short while!

30 mins of revision = 3 hours of FM

dreading my a-levels like....

that is sort of the same as i would do ecept swaping the times around (the numbers swaping withe the hours) lol!!

3 mins revision 30 hrs of fm

I've got GCSE's next year, but as we do modular courses at my school, i am going to do the same thing whenever i have exams. Giving up FM for a couple of weeks and getting brilliant grades at GCSE is worth it as they are the foundations for your life. Uni's look at GCSE's mostly when deciding to give you a place. Good Luck :thup::)

Having thought about it, actually my GCSEs last year completely clashed with Euro 08. So during study leave I was doing 3/4, maybe 5 hours at a push the day before the exam, of revision per day, then straight down to the TV to watch the football. After watching about 5 matches I got a massive urge to start a new game of FM 06 (this was following a few years off the game, and I hadn't bought FM07 or 08). So this changed to me doing revision then watching the football whilst simultaneously playing FM. It didn't do me too much harm though as I came away with 8A*s and 2As :cool:

Not gonna be as easy as that this year though :(

I want photographic evidence ;)

I've got GCSE's next year, but as we do modular courses at my school, i am going to do the same thing whenever i have exams. Giving up FM for a couple of weeks and getting brilliant grades at GCSE is worth it as they are the foundations for your life. Uni's look at GCSE's mostly when deciding to give you a place. Good Luck :thup::)

But they would be very impressed if you can win the Prem with Accrington Stanley:thup:

I am still playing FM during study week and even the day before the exam. I play twice a day, 2 hours each. I play at 3pm then i go to sleep for 1 hours to fresh up my brain and get rid of the FM from my brain "temporarily". After sleeping, study again till 12 at night. Then FM-ing and continue studying again in the next morning.

I do so before the exam of Modern Physics, which i rate as a paper that can give the same feeling like those in this forum who said "I just couldn't win! I am gonna give up FM! The worst series of FM by far!".

LOL no offense to any managers here... Just a description of my exam paper using FM way. Hmm... Is time to check my addictedness to FM... =P

Archived