The Inevitable European Domination of Mediocre Football Clubs

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idiocy Reigns

Norway had been buzzing with anticipation after the recent shakeup of their footballing hierarchy. After a century of relative mediocrity, much had been hyped up about the pair of mavericks that will be seeking to change all that. However, journalists had to give the new Norwegian 'creative director', the man who likes to be known as DodgeeD, the slip a scant few minutes into his press conference, after he had launched into his repertoire of punny one-liners.

The hunt was then on for the rookie manager, upon whom high hopes have been pinned. Those expectations soon gave way when they came upon the man himself out in the hallway, looking like he had just stumbled out from the set of a

on the Monty Python's Flying Circus show.

"Me da top man!" was his reply to whether he was indeed Andon Samuilov, the man tasked with bringing out the best of Norway and her leading four clubs. Suddenly there was a twinkle in everyone's eyes. Comparisons were already being made with one particular Jose Mourinho, that Norway was to have her own pompous little media darling.

Further questions raised were quick to pour cold water over such a comparison however, and it became clear as day (the gulf in their dress sense emphatically adding to the contrast) that Samuilov lacks even an ounce of charisma in him. Hesitating for a long time with eyebrows arched quizzically after a query put forth as to whether he could "muster up a charge against Europe's top footballing nations and do Norway proud?", he finally flashed a toothy grin and came up with the one line, "Me da top man!"

One hopeful journalist had tried to coax something more print-worthy out of him when he had asked if there were any plans for a change in the national captaincy or would Brede Hangeland still retain the captain's armband. The deafening silence from a perplexed-looking Samuilov was telling.

As the bitterly disappointed journalists filed away, there were still cries of "Me da top man!" heard echoing the hallway. One question was on everyone's mind - just whose decision had it been to appoint such a fine specimen of an idiot as the heralded managerial saviour of Norway?

Looks like Norway's gloomy days are not yet over by a long mile.

Dat was top, man! :D

I think this thread should be renamed as 'The Inevitable European Domination of Mediocre Football Puns' ;)

nobody has dropped out, but I think someone is not too long away from a possible ban.

m123? (sorry mate just the first name that popped into my head...hope you are not offended)

I just came back from school. What happened? Wouldn't mind being PM'ed about this...

I would have banned him for life for that TBH.

If that is his attitude as if he says something like that once, how do we know that he won't say it again?

And, so even though it is only a week ban, he should still be ridded from the sign-up.

Lazewski Welcomes Taylor As Replacement

In a shock move, Northern Ireland CEO, after being fed up with the ridiculous puns (that's a warning to you Taylor) and a few other choice remarks from Jimmy Riddle, has decided to remove him from his post as Northern Ireland manager and manager of the top Northern Irish clubs. Riddle has been replaced by Ben "Fatty" Taylor. When approached by a reporter, Lazewski stated "I will not stand for such behavior. It is unbecoming of this great nation, and I see it as a blatant disprespect to myself and the people of Northern Ireland. I feel that Mr. Taylor has what it takes to fulfill my ambitions for this great nation and I fully expect him to perform his duties respectfully and to the best of his ability. That is all I have to say at this time."

Nakano reacts on the changes to Northern Ireland

The CEO of Finland, Ricky Nakano, reacts to the surprising firing of Northern Ireland manager Jimmy Riddle. "I'm quite shocked by the comments of Jimmy Riddle," Nakano stated, "His comments were very disrespectful. As for the long term future for Northern Ireland, I am quite skeptical about the people Northern Ireland hire, although I admit that Ben Taylor, a good friend of mine, is a good hire. They will be good -- but not the best, which will be Finland."

Taylor hits back at Nakano.

Ben Taylor has reacted terribly to the comments made by the CEO of Finland Ricky Nakano stating that "Nakano should stick to worrying about the state of Finnish football and the fact they will do nothing but decline in the future years."

Taylor went on to explain why he thought he was the right man for the Northern Irish Jobs, "What Northern Ireland needs is an angry, larger than life man patrolling the touchline to add the much needed urgency in their play, I have no doubt Northern Ireland is the future of football and all other countries are scared of the country."

Griffin's reaction to Riddle's comments, and his sacking.

Griffin: What Riddle said was wrong, and disrespectful especially to me, being a Liverpool fan. Unfortunately, this behaviour is about par with the people of Northern Ireland; drunks the lot of them. It seems that the CEO had to sack Riddle to keep some dignity in his country, but instead they hired some guy who is worse. Only makes things easier for us. What Northern Ireland is not some McDonalds tester walking the line, they need more than a miracle, what they need is for the other 19 nations to drop out.

The database is near enough complete, and will definitely be finished by the end of the day. The first set of updates will hopefully be out by Wednesday. I'd also like to add that I've added a fantastic little thing that makes it so much easier for people looking at screenshots of the knockout rounds to pick out teams in our sign up. I've changed all of the '3 Letter Abbreviations' to 'CSE', which I actually didn't think was possible, but I've managed to do it regardless!

The database is near enough complete, and will definitely be finished by the end of the day. The first set of updates will hopefully be out by Wednesday. I'd also like to add that I've added a fantastic little thing that makes it so much easier for people looking at screenshots of the knockout rounds to pick out teams in our sign up. I've changed all of the '3 Letter Abbreviations' to 'CSE', which I actually didn't think was possible, but I've managed to do it regardless!

The 3LA's are no longer hardcoded like in FM08 & previously, I have discovered this in the process of doing my league swaps, it has made league swaps harder than before, but definitely better when you can use the 3LA correctly. :)

The Twitter Account of an Englishman in Ireland

17th June 2008 - 13:30

Well here I am. After weeks of interviews with my new boss (the frankly oddly named weeman27bob) I landed the job. After a brief introduction to the press I was dumped in a room full of Irish fans. After fending over many who the hell are you questions I finally managed to get my aims for the future across, including trying to boost the reputation of every Irish club. It was suggested to me that I keep a twitter account to keep in touch with the younger fans. Bah.

Archived