The 'Academy' DB

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swfcrule4eva:

Is there no league 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is yes, the remainder of the teams are in there!

However, Disaster! I just went to start a new game and the db has corrupted. No back up file either. It took me HOURS to do this.

I do have a savegame but it has a few things missing and does not have the loans removed, it will have to do for now until I get the motivation to do it all again

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chel10ham Town fc:

Oh great please keep going i really want to play this and so do thousands of others!

icon_biggrin.gif

KUTGW icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can upload the savegame if people want? It is a good representation and very playable if not complete.

If someone tells me how I will do it.

I am currently playing it as Liverpool, my team:

GK Tony Warner

DR Stephen Wright

DL Stephen Warnock

DC Jamie Carragher

DC Dominic Matteo

MR Steven Gerrard

ML Adam Hammill

MC Darren Potter

MC Danny Guthrie

FC Michael Owen

FC Robbie Fowler

Subs

Ian Dunbavin

Jon Otsemobor

John Welsh

Dave Nugent

Alan Navarro

It's wicked fun, might start the database again though....

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by swfcrule4eva:

Is there no league 2? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is yes, the remainder of the teams are in there!

However, Disaster! I just went to start a new game and the db has corrupted. No back up file either. It took me HOURS to do this.

I do have a savegame but it has a few things missing and does not have the loans removed, it will have to do for now until I get the motivation to do it all again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little disapointed madlad that you've stolen my thunder here, but at the end of the day i cant stop someone copying the original idea and doing it in a faster time. Next time i'll keep quiet until a release is made!

Anyway.... still working away on the db guys and hope those of you who are patient will be delighted with the results.

Guest niresearch

Couple of teaser screenshots, starting to take shape now and should have the english scottish version released soon (although in england now until the 2nd of Jan so will be after that)

manarsqs6.th.jpg

mantotle6.th.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niresearch:

Also with regards to the young foreign players. For the likes of Aliadiere - he was brought in directly from the Clairfontaine academy at 16 rather than a club side so will start the game at Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aliadiere was signed fro Le Racing. He attended at Clairfontaine but he wa as all the other players there contracted to a club.

Guest niresearch

cheers for the info, when you say racing do you mean Strasbourg or someone else? There's nine different racing clubs in the db but not sure if its any of them. Definately want to take him out of arsenal though!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niresearch:

cheers for the info, when you say racing do you mean Strasbourg or someone else? There's nine different racing clubs in the db but not sure if its any of them. Definately want to take him out of arsenal though! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm 75 % sure it's Racing Paris or something like that, not Strasbourg.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madlad:

I have now completed my own version of this database and a savegame is available for download in the challenges section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

where?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saaam121:

whats the middlesbrough team look like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty decent so far, but asbolutely no strikers. Im a boro fan myself and cant remember producing a decent striker ever! Could end with someone likes chris freestone up front!

Just a quick progress update, all prem club's players moved now and half way through championship. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

freestone started at arnold town

Boro strikers?

Andy Campbell, Kris Trevor, Paul Connor, Tom Craddock, Stephen Thompson, Nathan Bonar, Nathan Porritt, Jonathan Franks...

saaam121 is right though, Freestone started at Arnold Town, as did Ben Hutchinson. Also, players like Rhys Williams, Herald Goulon, Arturo Bernhardt and Carlos Marinelli can't count as Boro players in this...

The Boro team i'd suggest (with 2nd choice too) would be:

GK - Ross Turnbull / Brad Jones

RB - Tony McMahon / Robbie Stockdale

CB - David Wheater / Andrew Davies

CB - Matthew Bates / Seb Hines

LB - Andrew Taylor / Jonathan Grounds

RM - Ronnie O'Brien / Graeme Owens

CM - Lee Cattermole / Josh Kennedy

CM - Josh Walker / Phil Stamp

LM - Stewart Downing / Adam Johnson

ST - Tom Craddock / Andy Campbell

ST - Nathan Porritt / Jonathan Franks

Also, consider Ben Roberts, Jason Gavin, Steve Baker, Paul Connor, Mark Summerbell, Andy Swallwell, Michael Barron... can name more if you need them :-)

Nice idea by the way!!!

Guest niresearch

brad jones, whilst being a product of our youth academy, also was at a club in Australia prior to moving to England, he's at that club in db now.

Aaah, Ronnie O'Brien, the Juventus legend icon_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Now, AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons for the former Wimbledon players? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Technically speaking, had those players never left the old Wimbledon club, then they would be currently playing for MK Dons, so i believe they should definitely be there, regardless of the formation of a new club in London.

What is the status on attempt number two, by the way? Seems weird that the database would somehow not work just by moving players.

Out of curiosity, do you have the Palace squad? I know we have a very talented youth squad right now, but i wasn't too sure about players who are currently in their primes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest niresearch

its not been released. yet.

im an official researcher and was working flat out on that during january/start of feb so had to completely postpone this project. hope to revive it again this week, if i can't or dont have time i'll give the db to someone else to continue the work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Snowblind70:

Boro strikers?

Andy Campbell, Kris Trevor, Paul Connor, Tom Craddock, Stephen Thompson, Nathan Bonar, Nathan Porritt, Jonathan Franks...

saaam121 is right though, Freestone started at Arnold Town, as did Ben Hutchinson. Also, players like Rhys Williams, Herald Goulon, Arturo Bernhardt and Carlos Marinelli can't count as Boro players in this...

The Boro team i'd suggest (with 2nd choice too) would be:

GK - Ross Turnbull / Brad Jones

RB - Tony McMahon / Robbie Stockdale

CB - David Wheater / Andrew Davies

CB - Matthew Bates / Seb Hines

LB - Andrew Taylor / Jonathan Grounds

RM - Ronnie O'Brien / Graeme Owens

CM - Lee Cattermole / Josh Kennedy

CM - Josh Walker / Phil Stamp

LM - Stewart Downing / Adam Johnson

ST - Tom Craddock / Andy Campbell

ST - Nathan Porritt / Jonathan Franks

Also, consider Ben Roberts, Jason Gavin, Steve Baker, Paul Connor, Mark Summerbell, Andy Swallwell, Michael Barron... can name more if you need them :-)

Nice idea by the way!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil Stamp started his career at Northallerton Town

What's the Swindon team looking like at the moment? Can't imagine it's too pretty at all. Conference at best?

I mean, we've got Ben Tozer, Lukas Jutkiewicz, Sol Davis... and possibly Paul Rideout and Nicky Summerbee if they're still in the database. Wow.

We should have a decent manager though. It's got to be a toss-up between Calderwood, Hoddle, Macari and Ling, hasn't it?

If it's still unresolved, Colin Calderwood should be the gaffer, with Sean Taylor as his Assistant. They were a legendary centre-defence partnership for us in the early 90s.

Niresearch, I was going to do the exact same thing, without moving the teams and made a post about it somewhere, lol. I will definitely like to see what you come up with, could be very interesting indeed.

Good luck and hope things go well.

Peace

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeytwigge

oldham seem at bit low as they would have both nevilles scholes and micah richards among oher big name stars or are you just moving them to the club they were at when they were 18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KnightedManager:

This is a class idea, but there is one problem I can foresee. Fat Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, John Terry (just to use a couple of examples) are hugely overrated given that they begin at Chelsea. Could cause some massive irregularities.

But great idea nonetheless!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't Lampard and Cole products of West Ham?

West ham would wihtout a doubt be a leading contender, if not THE leading contender.

Lampard, Cole, Carrick, Rio. It's basically the best club at talent production in the country. And wihtout a doubt bound to become one of the top 4.

I'm interested in seeing how you go about with Arsenal and United, who's fostered a lot of talent who aren't necessarily british.

I feel sorry for Arsenal though. All that talent that isn't even british, can't be good for them with this db :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikeytwigge:

oldham seem at bit low as they would have both nevilles scholes and micah richards among oher big name stars or are you just moving them to the club they were at when they were 18 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scholes started in the united academy a age 14, that pretty much means United should have him, although he was brought up an Oldham fan, he never acctually played professional, semi-professional or junior football with them.

As for the nevilles never heard anything about them being at Oldham.

Richards however did spend time at Oldham, so he would be there.

Archived