The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

Posted (edited)

IFK Lidingö FK (Sweden)

hKlf1Kw.png

Okay, new try :D. After my failure in Wales  I lasted less than a season I start a new journey in Sweden. I think I had luck with the promoted teams, because I found this IFK Lindigö FK which have more stars in the facilities and recuirment than the others. I hope I'll help me to not be relegated in the first season again. Sweden has four levels, and the fourth one (Division 2) is divided into six leagues. We are in the Division 2 Norra Svealand. I've never played in Sweden so it will be fun.

6k7uBYo.png

Many players trained at club, so is great, but the squad is very short, only 16 players. We need all of them, so I hope no one leaves the club. In wales my main problem was the player exodus. Our best players according to our assistant coach are three defenders: Hugo Lemme, Jesper Stokki and Gabriel Flores Englert. Of course I take it, here are also good players in the attack, I think we have a solid base. I leave here my profile as head coach by the way.

Edited by diegolawliet

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought not posting until the end of the second season would mean I don't curse myself like I normally do.

But nope Season 3 rolls in and my best two outfield players leave on a free (they still have no club) and my only goalkeeper is now injured.

Just as I thought it was finally going well this save seems to be as good as dead now. 

14 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

@skills and @XaW how the hell are you doing this. It’s crazy amazing 

congratulations :applause:

@Padders I am so happy you‘re here and you are doing an unbelievable job. :kriss::applause:

Experience, a bit of luck with the intakes, and a tactic I've played with for 7 versions of the game and that I know how I want to work.

But this is probably the quickest ride I've ever had to the Premier League in this challenge. The only time I've completed it in England, I think I had 6 or 7 seasons in the Vanarama National... But the major change this time is that I feel like I've always made money somehow, so I've been able to always improve the youth setup and gotten in better talents. That's not to say I have a perfect squad, I mean my best current left back is rated as "decent" for League Two. Granted, I have a talent that might reach Premiership quality, but he is currently rated for the Vanarama Regionals, so he needs more time.

2 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

@skills and @XaW how the hell are you doing this. It’s crazy amazing 

congratulations :applause:

@Padders I am so happy you‘re here and you are doing an unbelievable job. :kriss::applause:

I'm a bit surprised myself, most of my players are league 1 level at best.  Will post something shortly

@skills great team you‘d build over the years. My players are not that far away from you but I guess you take a lot of risks tactically. 
Congratulations for going up with this bunch.

I had one spell of Championship Football with a team coming up from EFL Two, back to back promotions, but went down and never came back. 
I wish you the best of luck 

6 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

Never done a post like this but thought it was worthy as I'm quite proud of these lads...  note im saying this before kicking a ball in the premier league and my view could change very quickly!

In goals we have the one time capped Greek International Theofanis Dalamitras 32A who played about two thirds of the season. He was injured in the middle of the season and our 19 year old German keeper deputised whilst he was injured and did a really good job and kept Theo on the bench. We play an attacking brand of football and we do leak a lot of goals but he will be key for us if we are to stay up next year.

Screenshot2024-05-02160059.thumb.png.649d224aa22049eca2d3cf5eac378684.png

Alex McParland 34E is our right back who has really developed and made this position his own over the past couple years. Still think there is more to come from him as he can sometimes rate poorly even in solid wins. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160108.thumb.png.9245629c5c6298ac4598c90fc3456e8c.png

Charlie Cooper 35A is our first choice left back playing his second full season with us. As an 18yo in League 1, out of necessity he was thrown into the squad early and has done ok.  We dont really have much competition for him and so had to play him even when his form was a little off this season. We're working on his forward output and would love to see more assists to his name. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160204.thumb.png.6998472b7ebfa0291781c4ccbd041a8d.png

Our best centre back is Leighton Truffas 31C. Somehow we've managed to keep him on the books having to fight back numerous offers over the years. His rating isnt great but thats a bit of a result of how we play. Was just about ever present over the season and is quite versatile if required. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160117.thumb.png.7099bd542bd6e70851701f6731c5ba56.png

His main partner in CB is Tommy Malone 31E who has remained as unambitious which is probably why his physicals just havent developed over the years. Both my centre backs came in the same youth intake and have a great partnership in the heart of my defence. Tommy is usually the one sacrificed when I play my third rotational defender hence only starting 34 league games. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160131.thumb.png.8e550aa56b69c73cec6af69bb947ea55.png

I rotate my B2B midfielder as I have two equally as good players for this position, however Luke Harvey is my more defensive workhorse. Only league 26 starts is symbolic of how i try to rotate the team where I can but bobbed up with a few crucial goals and assists as well. Luke really came of age in his loan to Hyde as I never really had him earmarked for the first team before that even tho he was top of his class in 2030.

Screenshot2024-05-02160432.thumb.png.6fb68be9a3bf53c68ec08701e9f5815f.png

Our Mezzala is probably pound for pound our best player. Can play both behind the striker and in our Mezzala role and really drives the team forward. He is also our penalty taker and does miss more than he scores which really annoys his coach and does hurt his overall rating (not at home in time of writing this so can state the figures but its not a good record). 30 goal contributions in 39 starts is an amazing season averaging almost a goal every third game out of midfield over his career for us. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160255.thumb.png.1e5b80731c46c08ecc682177f100a0fc.png

Our right wing is one of our weakest positions and is currently filled by Josh Hamilton 35F. Gave this kid a lot of game time this year as we really do lack depth on the right and when available, he did quite well.  Started the season strong but then was injured and never really found the form that we know he's capable of after that. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160516.thumb.png.fed1b589326d89b4a0dbda11ab919524.png

Andrew Rees 31D is our left wing and came out of that amazing intake of 2031. Started his junior days as a striker however I've retrained him as a left wing as we've generally had good depth of talents up front. His pace on the left is crucial in the way we play and broke the record of assist in the Championship this season with 26. I'd say he's not too far off being called up to the Wales national team if he can continue to perform well.

Screenshot2024-05-02160551.thumb.png.56ccdce2015c574bb0ba0f6edcdda47d.png

Our Shadow Striker is Leighton Dorney 33A who replaced Cole Hay this year. Similar to Rees, his best position is up front and you can tell by his attributes below that he's made to be an Advanced Forward but we had a hole to fill and he filled it well. Was virtually ever present and definitely had his best ever and most consistent season for us to date. Had previously played him up front and never really scored as many as you'd like when you play with 1 striker.

Screenshot2024-05-02160539.thumb.png.d3d6de3da7d276fba4b9c3cf280d1b6c.png

Our record break and man of the moment is definitely Kyle Wood 34A. What an absolute breakout season he had. Scoring 40 (no penalties) in his first full season as a starter was an absolute stellar performance scoring many crucial goals and winners along the way.  They were rarely in big batches but more spread out evenly just about every game which is what you like to see in this game.  His goals will be crucial for us if we are to stay up next season. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160600.thumb.png.063f669c99fe7b6a78069d0bd20b65e7.png

Love this

Here I am trying to get a save without getting fired or the team losing confidence in me, and there's a guy with a dancing avatar called @XaW climbing the English pyramid like there's no tomorrow. :lol:

8 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

Never done a post like this but thought it was worthy as I'm quite proud of these lads...  note im saying this before kicking a ball in the premier league and my view could change very quickly!

In goals we have the one time capped Greek International Theofanis Dalamitras 32A who played about two thirds of the season. He was injured in the middle of the season and our 19 year old German keeper deputised whilst he was injured and did a really good job and kept Theo on the bench. We play an attacking brand of football and we do leak a lot of goals but he will be key for us if we are to stay up next year.

Screenshot2024-05-02160059.thumb.png.649d224aa22049eca2d3cf5eac378684.png

Alex McParland 34E is our right back who has really developed and made this position his own over the past couple years. Still think there is more to come from him as he can sometimes rate poorly even in solid wins. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160108.thumb.png.9245629c5c6298ac4598c90fc3456e8c.png

Charlie Cooper 35A is our first choice left back playing his second full season with us. As an 18yo in League 1, out of necessity he was thrown into the squad early and has done ok.  We dont really have much competition for him and so had to play him even when his form was a little off this season. We're working on his forward output and would love to see more assists to his name. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160204.thumb.png.6998472b7ebfa0291781c4ccbd041a8d.png

Our best centre back is Leighton Truffas 31C. Somehow we've managed to keep him on the books having to fight back numerous offers over the years. His rating isnt great but thats a bit of a result of how we play. Was just about ever present over the season and is quite versatile if required. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160117.thumb.png.7099bd542bd6e70851701f6731c5ba56.png

His main partner in CB is Tommy Malone 31E who has remained as unambitious which is probably why his physicals just havent developed over the years. Both my centre backs came in the same youth intake and have a great partnership in the heart of my defence. Tommy is usually the one sacrificed when I play my third rotational defender hence only starting 34 league games. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160131.thumb.png.8e550aa56b69c73cec6af69bb947ea55.png

I rotate my B2B midfielder as I have two equally as good players for this position, however Luke Harvey is my more defensive workhorse. Only league 26 starts is symbolic of how i try to rotate the team where I can but bobbed up with a few crucial goals and assists as well. Luke really came of age in his loan to Hyde as I never really had him earmarked for the first team before that even tho he was top of his class in 2030.

Screenshot2024-05-02160432.thumb.png.6fb68be9a3bf53c68ec08701e9f5815f.png

Our Mezzala is probably pound for pound our best player. Can play both behind the striker and in our Mezzala role and really drives the team forward. He is also our penalty taker and does miss more than he scores which really annoys his coach and does hurt his overall rating (not at home in time of writing this so can state the figures but its not a good record). 30 goal contributions in 39 starts is an amazing season averaging almost a goal every third game out of midfield over his career for us. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160255.thumb.png.1e5b80731c46c08ecc682177f100a0fc.png

Our right wing is one of our weakest positions and is currently filled by Josh Hamilton 35F. Gave this kid a lot of game time this year as we really do lack depth on the right and when available, he did quite well.  Started the season strong but then was injured and never really found the form that we know he's capable of after that. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160516.thumb.png.fed1b589326d89b4a0dbda11ab919524.png

Andrew Rees 31D is our left wing and came out of that amazing intake of 2031. Started his junior days as a striker however I've retrained him as a left wing as we've generally had good depth of talents up front. His pace on the left is crucial in the way we play and broke the record of assist in the Championship this season with 26. I'd say he's not too far off being called up to the Wales national team if he can continue to perform well.

Screenshot2024-05-02160551.thumb.png.56ccdce2015c574bb0ba0f6edcdda47d.png

Our Shadow Striker is Leighton Dorney 33A who replaced Cole Hay this year. Similar to Rees, his best position is up front and you can tell by his attributes below that he's made to be an Advanced Forward but we had a hole to fill and he filled it well. Was virtually ever present and definitely had his best ever and most consistent season for us to date. Had previously played him up front and never really scored as many as you'd like when you play with 1 striker.

Screenshot2024-05-02160539.thumb.png.d3d6de3da7d276fba4b9c3cf280d1b6c.png

Our record break and man of the moment is definitely Kyle Wood 34A. What an absolute breakout season he had. Scoring 40 (no penalties) in his first full season as a starter was an absolute stellar performance scoring many crucial goals and winners along the way.  They were rarely in big batches but more spread out evenly just about every game which is what you like to see in this game.  His goals will be crucial for us if we are to stay up next season. 

Screenshot2024-05-02160600.thumb.png.063f669c99fe7b6a78069d0bd20b65e7.png

Unbelievable players and great ages

Can't say I have ever had such a good group at the same time

1 hour ago, XaW said:

Loved that player update @skills, so you inspired me to do the same for my best players! :D

RtgNg0t.png

He is our first choice goalkeeper and has been really good for us. His issue has been his handling, which I've worked on for years and it has slowly improved, but other than that, I can't complain much. His understudy is Peter Bedia 31c who looks very promising.

M9MtS43.png

No surprise who our right back is. He is just becoming a beast, even if his speed is lower than I would ideally want.

nSRC9de.png

Left back is probably the weakest position for us, but his high mentals means he can usually do well enough.

w2bM54J.png

Our best defender, and have you ever seen a more stereotypical lower Premier League defender? Just the type we need in order to battle for survival.

rwlTpHk.png

The other central defender and they've ben a great duo for a few years now. We also have Jackson Caldwell 30b being an option for both the right back and central defender.

rSi8xpF.png

The DM in my 4-3-3 DM Wide, and the link between defenders and midfielders. He is a work horse and does his job well. I'd like him to be a better passer, but it is what it is.

l1IdUeF.png

The other work horse, ball winning midfielder, in my tactic he is one of those who just do a job and let the others be flashy.

FYWKfGG.png

The more attacking alibi of the midfielders. I'd like him to be better going forward, but as a two-way player he does well.

R49TMP5.png

Probably our best player. A physical monster out on the wing who bullies full backs both on ground and in the air.

ztbmYqI.png

The wide player on the left who are really good, but haven't really done as well as I would like to see. I have John Hurst 33a and Friday Shehu 31d waiting in the wings ready to replace him if he doesn't deliver.

n7GPe51.png

Up top we have our main striker for many years. His only drawback is that he is not a natural finisher, so working on first time shots can possible help that... He is an excellent player, and the other options for a striker is a bit lacking, so I can see him being the main scorer for many years still.

I think those are the main 11 and some subs, so sorry for stealing your shine @SkiIIs, but remember imitation is the most sincere form of flattery! ;) 

Another great group of players

Why do I never get this

19 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Here I am trying to get a save without getting fired or the team losing confidence in me, and there's a guy with a dancing avatar called @XaW climbing the English pyramid like there's no tomorrow. :lol:

My first match in the Premier League was a good result too! :D

ZtJoVBL.png

But I think we will struggle this season... the Premier League is really hard!

9 minutes ago, Padders said:

Another great group of players

Why do I never get this

Kids in your save are more interested in their hoverboards than old soccerball.

Posted (edited)

CreweUtdBanner.thumb.png.0bdf91fb7688cf53705b374e65fcc728.png

RECORD POINTS HAUL FOR CREWE UNITED AS EUROPEAN FOOTBALL STARTS

S6-Overview.thumb.png.e3ccccc08c819e9eb66f873165eab977.png

An improvement of 1 position this year and an extra 16 points gained compared to last season and another European Place Play-Off win to return to the Europa Conference League qualifiers next season once more.

I'm still getting beaten by the professional teams more often than not but I have started to get some points against them this season. Northern Ireland is an interesting league because there is such a gulf in class between the top teams and the rest and it's just a case of plugging away and hoping for the best with the intakes to bridge that gap before thinking of winning the league.

Our first foray into European football was better than expected. In the first qualifying round we hammered FC Santa Coloma of Andorra 10-2 on aggregate to set ourselves up against Valur of Iceland and this is where I thought the adventure would end however a confident 2-0 win at home gave me hope that we might just sneak through and we did with a 2-1 loss in Iceland (in both games the xG was almost bang on though they were just under 1 in the first leg and that clean sheet ultimately ,made the difference). Just before the second leg Johnny Barr Y4-A left for Aberdeen after I had finally managed to get a deal with 50% of his next transfer (as the fees for a semi pro club in Northern Ireland are too low to even care about now that I have a season of European prize money coming in). Hopefully Barr will get on well and bag a move elsewhere but for now he's been in their Reserves all season and scoring pretty well. His contract was up at the end of the season as was Sam Knox Y4-A who I felt I was prepared to keep and lose for nothing as I couldn't let two strikers of that quality go.

S6-BarrY4-ASold.thumb.png.22eab12fb9301c02de1e971031dbd4e0.png

S6-BarrY4-ASoldProfile.thumb.png.861bc2dc1836a699162882f71893c191.png

The third qualifying round was against Standard and we got taught a lesson with a 6-3 aggregate loss which could have been much, much more with Dobson Y5-Apulling a 7.6 out of the bag in the away tie even though he conceded 4! At this stage it doesn't bother me much I know the squad isn't good enough to make any real progress in Europe and I'm delighted to just qualify and put the money to good use. It was however nice to see that the review of the Europa Conference League identified Crewe United as the biggest overachievers :D

S6-EuropaConferenceLeagueReview.thumb.png.721fc5084eccda81e8c557b195ba9a94.png

In the cups we failed to reach our 4th Clearer Water Irish Cup Final in a row as we were put out by Larne in the Quarter Final but we got our revenge by beating them in the European Place Play-Off final which obviously was the more important of the two ties.

CLUB NEWS

Spoiler

Thanks to the money from the European "run" our balance had increased to £1.5m at its peak which of course meant I had to request Training Facilities to be improved (as well as Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment). I had to persuade the Chairperson for the Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment but this is now par for the course for these improvements to go ahead.

S6-TrainingFacilitiesUpgrade.png.e5a3e948d2d50e65173f2d16b6769301.png

S6-JuniorCoachingBudgetIncrease.png.9d11c0041d01c4c4c85223a7e8919a6d.png

S6-YouthRecruitmentImprovements.png.37ec9e8450b837f4ac7ffc7e3f4ccf39.png

We are still semi-pro as the financial projection is still on a downward trajectory and obviously qualifying for Europe isn't a given by any stretch of the imagination therefore we have no guarantees we could stay in the black as a result.

The stadium remains unchanged since the improvements required upon promotion to the Premiership and we are currently getting around 900 supporters in on average (45% of capacity) but selling out against Linfield so comfortable staying like this for the foreseeable.

SQUAD AND TACTICS

Spoiler

I've added this section in now as I expect where the save is just now this will become more interesting as time progresses.

In the previous season we shipped too many goals and it wasn't just the top teams (76 goals in 38 games so 2 goals a game conceded) so I opted to bring my wingers back and also stopped with the offsetting of the central players as I started to get my DM to man mark any opponents that played an AMC. The big teams still find ways to punish me as my defence just isn't as good as my attack and I notoriously concede from crosses to the back post where my fullbacks just aren't capable of defending. I've dabbled with the idea of playing 3 at the back or to re-train some of the central defenders who are good in the air to be fullbacks but I'm still relying on the wings for most of my attacking play.

S6-Tactics.thumb.png.834f7f7160a69c250cc9f1d79c5286b5.png

I was fully expecting to end the season with Sam Knox Y4-A leaving on a free. For months he would not talk due to the fact I extended his contract but around February of this season he put that issue behind him and I thought "Great, lets get that contract extended" to which his agent informed me he wasn't interested as the squad wasn't strong enough (he's right as Knox at this point was head and shoulders above the majority of the squad).

Once the season ended however (possibly due to the Youth Intake) Knox was prepared to talk. By this point Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and St Mirren had all been interested in him with only St Mirren remaining and fortunately this interest was not enough to stop him from negotiating although I had to add a few promises into the mix before we could talk about the contract itself. I've had to make him the highest paid player at the club and with the agent limiting the contract to 1 year I added in an extension after league games (as he can't be annoyed about that extension taking place!).

S6-KnoxNewContract.thumb.png.25b4c7fff3706a2daccaf3fb24242936.png

S6-Squad.thumb.png.bcfe05f875f4a8e471a8585f69a70d13.png

The squad as a whole is starting to take shape but there are too many areas of weakness and nowhere near enough depth to think that I've got a clear path to challenging for a top 3 position just yet.

The other saga that I have been facing is Star Players complaining about not getting enough game time because I rotated when they were just below 90% condition. Not sure if this version is worse than FM23 but its incredibly unrealistic that when I promise to play them and drop them for 1 match out of about 12 they complain once more that the promise was not kept, so I have to end up playing them until they flag as needing a rest then tell them I am going to rest them. The issue is probably making them a Star Player but when they demand it at the contract stage because they quite literally are a star player compared to the rest of the squad you have to go with it. The issue is managing this going forward as their relative ability drops and they become important or squad players.

I managed to handle Dwayne McDonald Y1-A however Dean Sloan Y1-A is out of contract in about 5 days time as I write this and the promise of more game time has 100 days left. He won't negotiate and when he is free to leave I suspect he will do just that which will be annoying as he started 31 league games out of 38 last year but its still not enough. It makes it harder to develop his understudy as well if I can't start them in any matches.

YOUTH INTAKE

Spoiler

S6-Regens.thumb.png.4cbe1088e512f2f73345a059509e088d.png

Intake preview was ok and having an A for a striker was the main feature of this preview as having lost Barr Y4-A and expecting Knox Y4-A to leave it was vital I had someone to partner Tim Leacock Y5-A to continue to have enough quality up front to stay up in the division.

When the intake dropped so did my jaw! Step forward Curtis Graham Y6-A, a 5 star current ability graduate who at this level was more than the finished article at just 15 years old. This one really excited me as this is without a doubt the best graduate of the save and it looked like a godsend with my 2 strikers looking like they wouldn't be here in Season 7.

S6-RegensPlayers.thumb.png.4ef4b704df5e1a7f45ce0f317fae1dc1.png

The rest of the intake was good and getting another centreback who could potentially hit 5 stars is great given it is a weak area of the team. I had another 2 star potential striker in Alan McLean Y6-A who definitely fits the poacher mould with good finishing, off the ball and acceleration.

If I could have been really greedy it would have been to have a 2.5 or 3 star current ability goalkeeper as again thats an area where the squad is a little light.

Not long after the intake this came in:

S6-NewcastleGrahamOffer.thumb.png.6a690f30027913a4fdabd0cab7a55ddf.png

As I said earlier the fees on offer are derisory but for Newcastle to come in for him I'm thinking he's got to be special. The next sale potential for a player like this probably isn't that great if a team like Newcastle sign him unless he's that good that the elite clubs come in for him in the future. Ideally it would be a championship club coming in with an offer and getting the 50% of next sale clause in there as the Premiership move will be much greater from the Championship than selling directly from Northern Ireland. When Barr Y4-A left for Aberdeen his upper transfer value was £4.7m which if he ever gets that kind of fee leaving there I'd be delighted.

It's worth noting that Graham Y6-A at 16 years old has 1 U21 cap and scored as well, so I fully expect him to be the first full international of the save and be gone from here in a season or two, just have to enjoy him while I can!

S6-Records.png.bde2ef424d62959e9c68eba85471bf32.png

ADMIN

Spoiler

Johnny Barr Y4-A's sale and the 2 loans with confirmation of zero signings

S6-Transfers.thumb.png.08287e1333b92c6c3ec0dd093eedd62b.png

NEXT SEASON

Spoiler

As a rework of the update format I've moved the schedule from season 6 in here:

S6-Schedule.thumb.png.17b3842b04b57eddcb1621b2cd5dfb4d.png

Next season will all be about trying to get the European place again, the Europa Conference League draw has me up against Tre Penne of San Marino with the winner facing Lugano of Switzerland so I reckon there is no way we get past the 2nd round. I think I have the firepower this year to score at will and the wide players are improving but the centre of the park and defence is definitely an area for concern so if I finish 4th again and manage to get into Europe I'd be delighted.

Edited by Neo_Geo

Guys I need help... I am in sweden 2029 and my U19 team is still not in the youth league, I can see that other youth teams are getting "promoted" and "relegated" each season from the lowest tier of the youth league pyramid but my U19 never get "promoted" or invitied, and I can't find anything that I can do to get my team into the youth league? Anyone know how I can get my team into the youth league? My Youth facilities is 4, youth recruitment is 6 and junior coaching is 14.

12 hours ago, Padders said:

Dylan Cox has retired

He went to Saudi after Real Madrid

He finished England's all top scorer and most caps

172 goals in 189 caps

Think he was potentially England's best ever player

Even at 37 look at his stats! Unreal player

image.png.86fdbf99cbc03606bf0e6b0248d14b26.png

image.png.79d69cb3506c8cd3fa92505a8af1cf47.pngimage.png.9d11614959f692cf74386e1404ab438c.png

If he becomes a staff member you should try signing him

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

Is there any benefit to signing ex-players as staff if they are poor staff? 

It’s really just for name recognition, but  some people do it anyways. Plus there’s always that change of one of your former players being a good staff member

Edited by jrobertgordon13

Question: If I sell a player am I permitted to sell with the "Loan Back Until End Of Season" clause, or would that invalidate the challenge as it counts as a loan in? 

6 minutos atrás, HaylingZar disse:

Question: If I sell a player am I permitted to sell with the "Loan Back Until End Of Season" clause, or would that invalidate the challenge as it counts as a loan in? 

You can't unless the offer is non-negotiable by the other side.
If it is, you'll have to print out the offer and you can't use the player in official matches, and you'll also have to print it out at the end of the season.

AFC Telford United (Season 1 - 2024/25)

image.png.c26fa5b692b32da6001c7ded4829400a.png

Yes. Third try in only two forum pages. It only makes sense if you read me when I said I'm the worst FM player in the world. I won't stop, I want a long save, I want to achieve something. So, here I am. Let's try with England, the country with the most success ratio in this topic. I've chosen AFC Telford United because of its facilities plus youth recruitment. It was the best option. 24 teams in the Vanarama National League North, 4 of them will be relegated at the end of the season. It can't be so difficult, god. The season preview places us in the 19th place. It would be amazing.

A0IGOuK.png

We have 24 players in the squad. 23 if we don't count Reece Styche, who's retiring in a few days. We must keep all the other players. It's crucial, especially in the first season. In the future it won't be so important because we are receiving new players every season, but the first 9 months we can't sign anyone. There are five wanted players: Dinanga, Bood, Walker, Whitty and Scott. Ricardo Dinanga is also our best player. Double reason to keep him. As always, I'll make my own report and create a tactic based on that. I'm going to do something different if I don't want to be relegated once again, but I'm not sure what yet.

[+] Diego Castillo Flores' profile
[+] AFC Telford United's finances

One small step. I haven't updated much (if anything at all) but the youth-only Romania edition team just won the first european title in the year 2044. UCL and first to do Romania here I come!

image.png.dd36e1cf43bb7377f8cd46d3a1685479.png

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.907b5d66fb4bb997a19eee6def9c432e.jpeg

Macclesfield FC - 2030-31  Season - Season 7 - Sky Bet League 2 (Tier 4) - 5th (Lost in Playoff Semi-Final)

Season Update

It seems like we have a habit of having a great season immediately following promotion. When we got first promoted into the national league we finished second place in our first season, although it took us 4 more years to get out of that league! This season, we continued that trend with a strong finish. I can only hope that it doesn't become a habit to spend 5 years in each league. 

Despite what looks like a great performance overall, I was devastatingly let down by the team when it mattered and endured one of the most frustrating experiences I've encountered in my time playing the game. At one point, I genuinely considered putting the game down and having a few weeks off. Still, I've learned a lot and will put these experiences towards a better season next time out. 

In the off-season, I worked on tinkering with my tactics and developed what felt like a strong playing style. With our club's professional status secured, I also put together some training plans for the upcoming season. After 6 seasons of being unable to train my players properly, this would turn out to be a godsend. I could now focus our training on the key areas for improvement and ensure players were sufficiently rested between matches. I attribute the majority of our subsequent success to this. 

We started the season decently enough, losing just one of the first 11 league games (although we drew most). Our form picked up in earnest around November (I feel like I say this a lot!) a month in which we won 4 and drew 1 game. This strong spell of form continued into the new year, and suddenly an unlikely promotion looked to be on the cards. As we approached the end of the January transfer window, we were second in the league table and had convincingly won our last 4 league games, including a 7-1 battering of Yeovil and a humbling of fellow promotion rivals Swindon. Our morale was high, everyone was pulling in the right direction, and with the momentum we had, it felt like almost a certainty that we would be playing in League 1 next year.

Then, it happened. My captain - Rainford comes to me along with almost every single member of the first team. "Boss, we need to talk about the lack of sufficient quality squad depth in the goalkeeping department". He was right to an extent, our keeper wasn't technically a League 2-level player, more of a VNL keeper. But who cares, he's doing decently enough, we're outscoring the other teams, and we are riding high at the top of the league! Why come to me now? Of course, I couldn't promise to sign new keepers, so I said what was true - I'd like to give some time to youth prospects between the sticks and see how they develop. This did little to placate the troubled captain, and in one fell swoop, the entire squad's morale went from Perfect to Abysmal. I was crushed. We had been on course for a memorable promotion challenge, and with one minor issue, the entire squad became miserable. Of course, following this, we lost 7 of our remaining games (more than we had lost all season up to that point!), dropping us out of the automatic promotion spots and ensuring that we were playoff-bound instead. The misery continued as we lost 0-3 away in the first leg of the playoff semi-final, and subsequently lost 0-2 in the second leg, confirming our status as a League 2 side next season. 

Don't you just love player interactions?

So that brings us to now. A promotion challenge that looked impossible at the start of the season, looked guaranteed halfway through the season, and felt snatched away from our fingertips so unfairly at the last minute. 

Anyway, enough moaning. Let's get into the fun stuff.

Youth Candidates

Another year with no improvements to our Youth system, so I'm not surprised that our intake is slightly worse than last year's. Only 2 good talents compared to 3 the year before (and 11 the year before that!) Polat has a good personality and looks like he could be a rotational option for Davies on the left fullback position, while Hopkins joins what feels like a dozen strikers in a battle for 2 spaces in the lineup. 

image.thumb.png.8ddbe3e05ee4e2a6ff5e74bead9d7993.png

Key Player

Last season's Hot Prospect becomes this season's key player as Stewart cements his position as our best striker. 31 goals in 46 is simply sublime. He also scored his first goals for his country! #ProudDadMoment

image.thumb.png.aa8a135adfb98dc5e453b08cfac13341.png

Hot Prospect

From our Youth Intake this year we get 16-year-old Welsh striker Hopkins, he's already made his mark on the team with 2 goals in his first 5 appearances. While he doesn't especially stand out attribute-wise, he is fairly well-rounded as a striker and has a lot of room to develop in future. He could be a solid rotational option on the bench for now.

image.thumb.png.e540198e90146ef4d417e89c5a74132f.png

Transfers

Fortunately didn't have to sell anyone this year. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e69685795a5433e4d4dfe5ac67b2f286.png

Squad

I have a love-hate relationship with these guys. They bring me joy with their ridiculous 90+7 winners and misery with their pointless inane issues.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.81c5026ed73142ee89f092567f565f85.png

League Table

God I hate playoffs 

Spoiler

image.png.a3fdf29a57a1c742fa39c713af3b447b.png

Club Info

We finished some improvements to our training facilities started last season.  We also started expanding the stadium. I got my Continental B licence and started on my A. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.de0cdfd1bd3a9f6c4ebb00311c143733.png

image.thumb.png.eb5dc8de6125479df0ebcc9f98b23459.png

Finances

The financial situation is starting to look... Worrying at best. At least we've got 2 million quid lying around in the transfer budget...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3ae8fefc6d0880c2c6b547088248b4bc.png

Thanks all for reading, and I hope to update you again soon after my next season. 

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by HaylingZar

vor 21 Stunden schrieb Mahzun_Savas:

Is there any benefit to signing ex-players as staff if they are poor staff? 

sure, it looks amazing. My stadium is even named after my best striker :D

vor 35 Minuten schrieb HaylingZar:

Then, it happened. My captain - Rainford comes to me along with almost every single member of the first team. "Boss, we need to talk about the lack of sufficient quality squad depth in the goalkeeping department". He was right to an extent, our keeper wasn't technically a League 2-level player, more of a VNL keeper. But who cares, he's doing decently enough, we're outscoring the other teams, and we are riding high at the top of the league! Why come to me now? Of course, I couldn't promise to sign new keepers, so I said what was true - I'd like to give some time to youth prospects between the sticks and see how they develop. This did little to placate the troubled captain, and in one fell swoop, the entire squad's morale went from Perfect to Abysmal. I was crushed. We had been on course for a memorable promotion challenge, and with one minor issue, the entire squad became miserable. Of course, following this, we lost 7 of our remaining games (more than we had lost all season up to that point!), dropping us out of the automatic promotion spots and ensuring that we were playoff-bound instead. The misery continued as we lost 0-3 away in the first leg of the playoff semi-final, and subsequently lost 0-2 in the second leg, confirming our status as a League 2 side next season. 

Noooooo 

That's the beauty/ beast side of the game. Keep my fingers crossed for you, that you can work it through with your lads. Teamtalks, teamtalks ... 

10 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Noooooo 

That's the beauty/ beast side of the game. Keep my fingers crossed for you, that you can work it through with your lads. Teamtalks, teamtalks ... 

Thank you for your condolences! I am already part way through the next season and things are looking a lot brighter! New update coming soon... 

IMG_8665.png.e1aa5dd578c675a2816827efd908b268.png
Poole Town - 2024/25

League - 9th

FA Cup - L in Fourth Qualifying Round vs Wealdstone

FA Trophy - L in Second Round vs Eastbourne Borough

IMG_8662.thumb.png.6e912db935133d08f817d2b4c888bb07.pngIMG_8663.thumb.png.3aa8fc79162eeca0b06c4200213e664d.pngIMG_8661.thumb.png.173e6facd671b31bd8b02306b3251484.pngIMG_8664.thumb.png.2df7d556f1327a09eaf7c96003780d1f.png

(The Screenshots may be small, this save is on my phone)

2 hours ago, Ice029 said:

@darren1983 do I get a cookie?

Finals are finally over Sam, its over, its done... | Exams memes, Humor,  Funny quotes

Hide contents

Team name for the leaderboards: CSM Bucovina Rădăuţi

image.thumb.png.e322c0a7972de38bd1117469e84bc0cb.png

Hide contents

It started in FM23 (see below) and them I moved to FM24 when the game released.

Transfers: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1N7iGA4KCCJ3eoxM9z3jAwmd9R4xEJSBH?usp=sharing (read that no transfers were made other than season 1 when the team was not playable)

For everything else there is another day, I will go celebrate now.

No cookie I'm afraid but I do offer my congratulations and a spot in the HoF 

Posted (edited)

PUTNOK FC

1352563127_putnokivse2.png

SEASON 5 - 28/29

00.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

Cup champions, highlighting the clash against Ferecváros.07.jpg

we finished 4th in the league.01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Many improvements this season, the future is promising.

02.jpg

No great talent that attracts attention in the new intake of young people.

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Young players who will join the first team this season, I had a problem with Newgan and the face of Boros changed, by the way he was our player of the season.

Edited by CDGBruno

CreweUtdBanner.thumb.png.0bdf91fb7688cf53705b374e65fcc728.png

BEST OF THE REST FOR CREWE UNITED

S7-Overview.thumb.png.1e3abc0cbe1f622f6b8d521911f6071a.png

LEAGUE

Spoiler

A superb effort from the squad as we finished runner up Linfield who have now won 3 in a row. It was only 6 points in the end but in head to head matches Linfield are still getting the better of me and until I can improve the keeper, defence and central midfield I suspect it will remain this way. From match day 8 we stayed in second place apart from one week dropping to third then back up again the next week so it was a well deserved second place finish. The change in tactics once again led to fewer goals conceded with 52 this year (a drop of 9 from last season) and a big increase in goals scored of 12 to 95 this year.

Graham Y6-A and Knox Y4-A have been in fine goalscoring form with 66 goals between them but Tim Leacock Y5-A has done his fair share too with 22 goals, so scoring goals has not been a big problem. Holding onto Graham Y6-A will be a big task as Spurs are now interested and its only a matter of time before he says he wants to talk.

S7-LeagueResults.thumb.png.6eaad211bf3e52574a96419a268bc662.png

DOMESTIC CUPS

Spoiler

Two semi-final knock outs to and a runner up in the League Cup is fine, its not my focus at this moment in time and the league is absolutely the priority if I want to start making progress in Europe. I lost to Linfield in one semi final and the league cup final and Portadown in the Mid Ulster Cup which I wasn't too pleased about but this save has the potential to rumble on for some time so I am sure I'll have plenty more opportunities to fill up the trophy cabinet.

S7-DomesticCupResults.png.e8a5b2000c6295d8674e8b27b588f555.png

EUROPE

Spoiler

I mentioned in my last update that I was drawn against Tre Penne of San Marino and if I got through Lugano of Switzerland. It went largely as I expected with a 9-2 aggregate win over Tre Penne before losing 6-4 on aggregate to Lugano (including a 4-3 home win!). The money went straight towards the improvement of the training facilities and at the moment I am able to do one per European run so the priority right now is to continue to qualify for Europe each season.

I'll need a fair bit of luck to progress at this stage as drawing a Swiss side was always going to end this way.

S7-EuropeResults.thumb.png.43fdeb716382bb96a54849be5e154304.png

CLUB NEWS

Spoiler

Junior Coaching was maxed out over the last summer but I forgot to screenshot the agreement from the board. Youth Recruitment has now improved to 17 which means I'm getting closer to my initial target of maxing out these two given they don't require upfront capital in order to achieve this.

The training facilities I thought I had requested just after the European money came in but I felt like I never saw the decision from the board, there was no sign of it in the board details but it was no longer on the list of requests to make. I was a bit worried as one of the promises to Knox Y4-A when he signed a new deal was to improve the training facilities. Luckily in November it appeared again and the board approved without me needing to fight my case. I feel we are really starting to take shape now.

S7-YouthRecruitmentImprovement.png.56fc4dc655a79a525d1b99c988c05bfc.png

S7-TrainingFacilitiesUpgrade.png.48cb25c6227b0cc8cb499dc784e89a22.png

Dean Sloan Y1-A decided to leave the club despite playing a large number of games it wasn't enough for him and he left when his contract ended in June. I'd have happily kept him on but he ended up dropping a division to sign for Ballymena United.

S7-SloanLeaves.thumb.png.56b3fea024ae97c3fc28fcf593a0ee73.png

BEST ELEVEN

Spoiler

Inspired but other posts and to help those that want to get to know my team a little more I've decided to put the profiles of each of the Best Eleven from each season into these updates:

Goalkeeper
GK-DobsonY5-A.thumb.png.6da8af1231af5fa104ec180c45dbceee.png

Right Back
DR-HogervorstY4-A.thumb.png.1f286305c44af2058eb238af116caee2.png

Left Back
DL-McDonaldY1-A.thumb.png.357a10a19a0efb84adec90ca5685b5e7.png

Centre Backs
DC-ArmstrongY4-A.thumb.png.ebfaabc2110ac137bb8ea156b83e18d7.png

DC-GowdyY6-A.thumb.png.5c7ca3b0727928f04c5dde6482ba417b.png

Defensive Mid
DMC-BraniffY1-A.thumb.png.8518f93ea63cee509e9eab4885251367.png

Central Mid
MC-WattersY3-A.thumb.png.0946b2f084864d09349f091070cf7a00.png

Right Mid
MR-BoyleY5-A.thumb.png.5be8d239004ca72d891336bb006e6b0c.png

Left Wing
AML-McDermottY4-A.thumb.png.9a1d6d368711bc4dbb0531bafe07dfb2.png

Centre Forwards
STC-GrahamY6-A.thumb.png.7523a53b302d3c1bc2b1f9bb587b923a.png

STC-KnoxY4-A.thumb.png.392f9f194014022a05aa1188c16560e5.png

Here are the player records at the end of Season 7

S7-Records.png.f3b64c21f4272ef504f0315f79d96627.png

YOUTH INTAKE

Spoiler

I was very pleased for the preview to show that a central defender was expected to come in with an A as I felt the number of goals being conceded was still to much to consider myself ready for a title challenge or any sort of progress in Europe. Keith Brown Y7-A didn't disappoint. 6 foot 2 and fairly determined he has great mentals and average physical and technical abilities. A jumping reach of 16 as well will make him a threat in the air if I can get his heading improved.

S7-Regens.thumb.png.1a730697fda8cf408bfae46ef61a14e5.png

S7-RegenPlayers.thumb.png.47565c4fdd5cc9f9ffc1bc4b448c1b4f.png

A left back that can play with either foot will give me some much appreciated versatility in the fullback position and James Barr Y7-A looks like a good prospect in the middle of the park where I have really struggled for any quality relative to the forward line. What has been good to see is the Reserve team doing much better in their league, finishing 4th this year compared to 9th last year.

ADMIN

Spoiler

S7-Transfers.thumb.png.b3db3eee143021e66c577a2353dffaca.png

NEXT SEASON

Spoiler

Pray for a kind draw in Europe to perhaps make the third or fourth qualifying round, keep a hold of Curtis Graham Y6-A and Sam Knox Y4-A for at least one more season and also potentially push for a change to professional status. I'm not bothered about the cups domestically but I would like to finish in the automatic European place again in the league.

On 05/05/2024 at 06:24, HaylingZar said:

what I have found useful is to delay the transfer date to the end of the season.  Especially on players where their contracts are running down and wont resign 

Posted (edited)

image.jpeg.907b5d66fb4bb997a19eee6def9c432e.jpeg

Macclesfield FC - 2031-32  Season - Season 8 - Sky Bet League 2 (Tier 4) - 1st (Champions!)

Season Update

Wow! What a season! After the tribulations of last season, I felt like we were sure to capitulate and spend the next few years hanging around League 2 as mid-table certainties, but we just proved anyone who doubted us wrong. 

We started the season on the wrong foot, experiencing yet more of the same issues - players crying about "lack of squad depth" causing poor morale once again. We took a couple of chance wins which helped float us around mid-table, but overall didn't look impressive. However, this changed in October when a couple of lucky wins boosted our morale just enough to go on a string of victories. Success begets success and we went on to win all but two games between then and the end of the year. Going into the new year period we were top of the table but some typical January form caused us to drop down just to second place.  By resting our players we were able to shake off our jadedness and push on to the end of February.

We were still second-placed but winning our next match would confirm promotion. We felt confident going in against bottom of the table York, and our confidence was raised further when Densmore scored an absolute rocket in the 9th minute. Hopkins followed it up with a nice header home from a cross just 3 minutes later, and though we were reduced to 10 men as Densmore was sent off for persistent fouling, we were able to hold strong and limit the opponents to a single goal, confirming our status as a League 1 team next season.

We didn't stop there as title rivals Newport County dropped points in the penultimate match which we also won, putting us level on points going into the final game of the season, though we trailed on goal difference. The final game versus Exeter was a tough one, but when Defensive Midfielder McCarten curled home a lovely effort from outside the penalty area to put us 2-0 up, we were almost sure of the result. We conceded in the 88th minute as our keeper fumbled the ball but it was of no concern. We knew that anything short of a victory by promotion rivals Newport County would hand us the title, and the news came in - they had drawn on the final day! We were champions! 

While we dropped out early from all cup competitions to focus on the league, this seemed to have been the right decision. With the margins being so thin, one fewer goal in any number of matches could have been the difference-maker for the title. 

Youth Candidates

This was an OK year for Youth, with a couple of decent-looking prospects but none ready for first-team minutes just yet. We still haven't improved our Youth system at all because our finances are in the mud. Hugo Rodrigues looks to be the most promising of the bunch. 

image.thumb.png.67c4eaaed31ab19ff38bebc7c4c09b04.png

Key Player

Am I allowed to highlight the same player twice? Well, I make the rules, so please welcome back Dave Richardson for his second appearance! What can I say about this kid that hasn't already been said? He's been in superb form for us this season yet again, even when he isn't scoring or making assists he's creating space and playing great passes for the team. There's a lot of interest in him from other clubs so it will take some effort to hang on to him. 

image.thumb.png.74251f2aac9ec4a2112e6e9d6b02f0be.png

Hot Prospect

Conor Hamilton is quickly becoming one of our best options up top, with 20 goal contributions in 28 starting appearances this season. His recent form has been nothing short of brilliant. He could become a key player for us. 

image.thumb.png.b0a321a2e11952a443cf5d297f1cf767.png

Transfers

All good things must come to an end, and no matter what I said, Sivert Topper had his heart set on leaving. I agreed I'd only sell him for a high price, but unfortunately, the most I could negotiate with him was £900k - much lower than my valuation of him. In the end, he left to Ipswich for £900k +40% profit from next sale. Considering he is now worth £12-18M, that should be an extra £4.5-£7M assuming he is sold by Ipswich down the line, although we may sell the clause if we're not sure that it will be triggered. 

image.png.f2c28d6e4b6505d070847e37699ab47c.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4244d7ec9cf4194e4b46a040b9487efb.png

Squad

I wouldn't call this squad League 1 Material, hell most of them are hardly League 2 material, but we gotta make the most of the situation and do our best to stay up. I am confident we will stay up although I doubt we will get promoted quickly. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b848646eb65e30fab95282ccf2472b9f.png

League Table

Spoiler

image.png.5d2e73602d492c81b524e489fc1b2dd9.png

Club Info

The club completed a takeover although of course, we had no investment... 

I'm also working towards my continental Pro Licence now. 

Spoiler

image.png.08eddd48005239311fa4e0636c6b69bc.png

image.thumb.png.cb8591dc8c055cc7088d97eedf6301b1.png

image.thumb.png.274421f3a91dc49404c4c953430ea2d2.png

Finances

Probably the less said the better, at this rate we won't be upgrading any facilities until we reach the prem!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b4446fd0b9121ea10eda470148b418d9.png

Thanks all for reading, and I hope to update you again soon after my next season. 

Edited by HaylingZar

6 hours ago, SkiIIs said:

what I have found useful is to delay the transfer date to the end of the season.  Especially on players where their contracts are running down and wont resign 

Good idea, I didn't think of that!