432 million pound!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your first challenge is to haul yourself off 11th place - you'll be so gutted if the takeover results in you getting sacked!

I'd start off by poaching the Old Firm's finest, if only to have them rot in your reserves - hell, you can afford it!

With almost unlimted cash you can try to bring in some real galacticos (although most won't come due to your reputation, as with Casillas refusing Man City's gazillions yesterday). Don't invest all in wonderkids/promising youth - you need to hit the ground winning and sweep up the SPL title this season!

An earlier post asked a question that makes a very valid point. These massive takeovers don't happen to AI teams - whilst that's unfair, imagine how you'd feel if it was in the game. You've carefully managed your team over 10 seasons and brought them to the verge of the SPL/EPL title - only to read that this sugar daddy has poured his gazillions into your title-chasing rival, making it all-but impossible for you to EVER win the title!

I do wonder in this case though whether a decimal point accidently got lost somewhere - a takeover and investment of 10% of that amount would seem quite realistic for Hibs.

the takeover is quite unrealistic, but for us, "interactive" managers, its like god putted his hand over our head:) i think i will leave my valladolid save(where i had some wins-not comps, just matches against big teams)and will go to scotland a little bit(just for a few hours), to see if the hibs are taken over again and with that large ammount of money(cause i would like to buy some reallly good youngsters that i have in mind, and they are many...so that ammount would do enough)

Man Utd I can cope with, just not our little brother :D

well you either love us or hate us. ;)

im trying this liverpool idea suggust by kopitelewis spent all my transfer money plus thhe extra he gave me, and offered some ew contratcs with big signing on fees to spend money and tom hicks is still happy at the club?

what is the overall finance of the club? i had to get my really low down before he sold the club. i almost put us in as much debt as man utd. ;)

Hahah thats great, liverpool got taken over by a spanish business tycoon but no where near that money. they are worth 365 m and have 35 million debt left.

so it worked what i said?

Haven't other clubs with a similar reputation such as Cluj and Shaktar Donestk had a similar instance in the last few years?

If a rich Austrian wants to take a punt on a random team, why shouldnt he...? Perhaps he stuck a pin in the map of the world to choose!

tbf thats probably what tom hicks did when he bought the 'liverpool football club merchandise'.

anyway please upload the save loads of us want a go. ;)

the takeover is quite unrealistic

That's the understatement of the year!

For all those so desparate for him to upload the game, if you're that bothered to play in a totally unrealistic game world just edit Hibs (or, the beauty of the whole thing...any club you want) in your editor to have insame cash and transfer funds and away you go...it's no different, except that you just have to keep bugging this poor guy to upload his game!

no idea what you said in the previous post you made, it just happened. i was managing england at the time.

i said that if you are liverpool then ask for money on your first day ad you will get between 10-12 million then spend it all and just waste loads of money and bring the finances down. i got them to below 30 million then hicks wanted to sell the club because he was losing too much money. well who said this game was un-realistic. ;)

That's the understatement of the year!

For all those so desparate for him to upload the game, if you're that bothered to play in a totally unrealistic game world just edit Hibs (or, the beauty of the whole thing...any club you want) in your editor to have insame cash and transfer funds and away you go...it's no different, except that you just have to keep bugging this poor guy to upload his game!

i still don't know how to work the editor and i feel i would end up permanently damaging the game if i messed with it.

every joke seems to turn out to be a hearts joke :(

107 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soon to be 108!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you dont know what im on about the i will tell you. hibs havent won the scottish cup for 107 years

And Hearts' Roll of Honour in the last Century????????

Gies peace.

P.S. thamx for beating the Ted's by the way ;) lol

mate atleast our chairman actually has money instead of tightwad petrie

If you ask your players they won't know if he has any money as he doesn't seem to give any out ;)

but hey, what's a win bonus or ten?

Or even yer weeks wage?

I can't see them turning up much longer if it continues, PFA will have them on strike.

Suggested transfer targets for Hibs-

Shola Ameobi (Newcastle) -$86 million

Alan Smith (Newcastle) -$125 million

Joey Barton- free

Nicky Butt- (Newcastle)-$73 million

Nile Ranger (Newcastle)- $32 million

Money well spent IMO :thup:

Whats the Aussie Dollar to Pound exchange rate?

Unless its $20 to the £1, then Alan Smith can curl up and die.

An earlier post asked a question that makes a very valid point. These massive takeovers don't happen to AI teams - whilst that's unfair, imagine how you'd feel if it was in the game. You've carefully managed your team over 10 seasons and brought them to the verge of the SPL/EPL title - only to read that this sugar daddy has poured his gazillions into your title-chasing rival, making it all-but impossible for you to EVER win the title!

What proof do you have of this? Source?

Think of the huge amounts of FM players - only a fraction of them visit the forums. Huge AI takeovers WILL happen on somebody's game. We just might not here about it as often as they don't visit these forums.

current hibs rep you need to, once get better rep you can go for better ones imo :p

A lot of emphasis by players will be based on the League and Nation Reputation aswell.

So Hibs could have Highest possible Rating but still in "poor" League and Country for players to consider.

As the player says when he rejects you "**** **** is unsure a move to Scotland would be in the best interests of his career" or other such terminology.

Think of the huge amounts of FM players - only a fraction of them visit the forums. Huge AI takeovers WILL happen on somebody's game. We just might not here about it as often as they don't visit these forums.

i've seen a pretty big takeover of an AI controlled Huddersfield (they have been spending around £10m each season)

and recently a tiny Welsh team in BSS was taken over by a tycoon and has just spent around £2m on players and had all their facilities and stadium upgraded

AI controlled teams certainly do get taken over by tycoons occasionally

I'm trying to upload the save game guys but don't have enough time at present, I'll get it updated asap. Although to be honest you could always just edit it yourself and for those that don't know how its pretty easy just ask in the Editors Hideaway, saves me hassle.

I don't see why that is the case. Money means nothing if it isn't spent well and even if an AI manager spends it decently it doesn't mean his team will gel and perform better than your team.

In fact, it's happened to me. Exactly the same post ('Football might never be the same... etc') appeared in my Excelsior game in FM 2007. It was about Feyenoord, who went about buying some very expensive Brazilians. They did ok, but never really made much of an impact in Europe if I remember correctly. It is a long time ago, though...

Newcastle has been taken over in my game, Think they got just over 1oom to spend, but have not used it to their advantage at all. Although they can finish as high as 3rd - 3 games to go, they are currently 8th and probally gonna stay there. Will be an interesting summer for them thou i guess

I started with Newcaster and got took over by a Russion billionaire :D. Ended with the £ 80 million to spend in the first tranfers window.

The money doesn't mean you can buy Ronaldo etc though as they won't join lower stature clubs ;/

Have you done a search yet with only realistic targets on it. You could get better, but it gives an idea of the type of money grabbing *rses that will run to your club now they've got a wiff of wonga. Fill your boots! Wouldn't be surprised if Cashley Hole is on the list

For the chappy saying that huge takeovers don't happen for the AI: Nonsense :D !!

In my Panionios save, little Asteras Tripoli have been taken over by a UAE consortium and are now the richest club in Greece (by a country mile) at like £134M. Theyre spending c.40M per season.

Quite annoying as i'd be the 3rd team in Greece if not for them, and they beat me in the 2010 Greek Cup Final :(

Archived