Are Strikers Over-Scoring?...

21 in 38 doesn't seem outrageous.  That seems kinda normal, honestly, for a guy contending for top scorer in the league. 

But yes, I do think strikers are scoring a lot.  Through 29 games in non-league, two players on AI team are on 30+ goals, and there are 10 other players on 19 or more goals, including one with 19 goals in 12 starts and 8 sub appearances.  It's not as outrageous in the Premier League, though, so I'm assuming this is an artifact of defenders with ~40 CA being so bad that the match engine just has a tough time making them do enough defensive stuff.

4 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

21 in 38 doesn't seem outrageous.  That seems kinda normal, honestly, for a guy contending for top scorer in the league. 

Good point. I should have shown that all my frontline is scoring a lot. So, it's a goal fest! Look at this. This is not typical, at least not for me. (Plus, my board forced me to play defensively counter-attack, and QPR was an underdog in my league!).
image.thumb.png.3ad9ea97feaf9da71e7bb6382ac7e042.png

Edited by phd_angel

I think the balance shifted from FM21 to FM22 and 23 - strikers do seem to be scoring a greater proportion of the goals.  In FM21 the IF/IW positions scored lots of goals - often more than the strikers.  It's maybe not coincidence that this shift has arrived with the end of Mané/Salah as the dominant EPL threat and the rise of Haaland.

Edited by rp1966

Yes. Midfielders don't score enough, and strikers are scoring too often. I think this is down to there being too many one-on-ones and not enough scruffy goals. About half of goals should come from forwards, and in my games, that percentage is much higher.

Unfortunately this is the last screen of my Ronaldo challenge where I attempted to overwrite 199 league goals scored by Bobby Charlton. Ronaldo starts with 102 and after two seasons it stopped at 200. Then he retired as a true United legend :D to be fair he scored more goals from corners attacking near post than from penalties.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

In slight mitigation (and obviously there's no real explanation for four goals per game over a season), that's an elite striker in maybe the 20th-ranked league in Europe.  Depending on how good that left foot is, he could easily be pushing (CA spoiler:)

Spoiler

anywhere from 170-180 CA.  With a left foot of 8, he's 171 CA; at 13 he's 180.

Ten teams in the league, and maybe two of them are above Championship quality, being generous?  With player tactics?  And he's 6'5?  With those attributes?  And he's got 72 caps for Germany as a 25 year old?  Yeah, honestly he probably should be scoring like that.