[FM23.4] Arab/African Club Cups

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23] Revived Arab Club Cup/GCC Champions League (release)
On 20/12/2022 at 08:49, themodelcitizen said:

D6kPhM0XsAEa7g3.jpg.ca52a377b13ece8f30d6bce1114b66fd.jpg

The Arab Champions Cup was last played in 2020, and this brings it back in 2023 with the same format and prize money.

Similarly, the GCC club cup hasn't been scheduled since cancelled editions in 2016 and 2017. Now that Qatar and its neighbours look to be on friendly terms again, this revives the competition next year.

This compliments my created leagues in Qatar, Saudi, and UAE.

These cups exclude active teams in the AFC and CAF continental comps, and function as secondary and tertiary trophies in the vein of the Europa and Conference Leagues. Overlapping matchweeks with the ACL means fixture pile-up is minimized.

DOWNLOAD | backup | TMC megapack

Brilliant stuff mate 

Cheers, I just touched up the Middle East files when I noticed one or two of the domestic cups were scheduling in the same weeks as ACL/these tournaments, obviously not gamebreaking as the game finds room to reschedule. But the most recently uploaded UAE/Qatar/Saudi files from a couple of nights ago are even cleaner for scheduling, especially next season in Qatar with the odd number of teams.

Let us know how you get on with it, it's fun seeing teams lose in the Champions League prelims and "drop down" into one of these cups, keeps the competition at a decent level (especially the North African teams) and gives you something to do while you're still climbing up the table with a smaller team

What do you mean? Like rejigging the schedules? There are modmakers here who have made it so the new format never shows up, if that's what you in re looking for.

Either way I'm always hesitant to touch default competitions until after the last update. Half the time either SI will fix it themselves or do some weird tweak that renders all your work unusable

51 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

What do you mean? Like rejigging the schedules? There are modmakers here who have made it so the new format never shows up, if that's what you in re looking for.

Either way I'm always hesitant to touch default competitions until after the last update. Half the time either SI will fix it themselves or do some weird tweak that renders all your work unusable

i mean an alternate format of 2024 UEFA Competitons or even better fantasy Schedule of UEFA Competitons

• 2 weeks later...
  • themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Arab club comps
  • 2 weeks later...

This was updated for 23.4, but @Failproof has let me know they actually brought it back IRL. They drew the groups in March and probably announced it sometime before that (in Arabic news sources at least), sounds like the Ronaldo fever added some momentum. I'll fix the files up to account for that this month, maybe with some minor changes to account for the game's ACL scheduling and other conflicts from the default game

Trying to add the new Arab club cup format, played as the King Salman Cup this year, but getting a weird error message "the number of dates set in stage 3 of the competition is 0 but should be equal to 3." The thing is, there is no stage 3. Lol, I might have to start from scratch

Download link is updated; the King Salman Cup is now played in 2023 as in real life.

It's like a preseason cup for the big teams, but it's not clear how it will affect players going on holiday (I guess in August). If anyone gets through a season and sees it in action let me know. I might have to uncheck "can be played during club holiday".

With no confirmation that this will be a regular thing (they may be just riding World Cup and Ronaldo fever this year), it returns to my own knockout format in 2023/24.

I may change that to reflect the same format/team distribution but it will likely remain a "secondary" tournament played on ACL match days to avoid conflicts. That's from 2023/24 only – this season's IRL version with Raja, Al-Nassr etc is featured.

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Arab Club Cups
  • 2 months later...

Added the 8-team African Super Football League, set for October-November 2023 like IRL. Starts with the proposed teams for this fall, and then from 2024 it takes the defending Champions League winner and various semi-random high-rep teams.

I've squeezed it into the few dates in those months that aren't occupied by African CL, Confed. Cup, or my Arab Club Cup.

This means that if you're running a playable African league (like South Africa, or a custom Morocco or Egypt), fixture congestion is likely going to be a huge issue - if you're not running any African leagues, think of it as a way to get the CL winner some games going into December and my Club World Cup, and to pump some money into the (albeit inactive) leagues in Africa.

Edited by themodelcitizen

54 minutes ago, igorlv said:

the lusail super cup trophy if someone wants

lusailsc.png

Thanks! Have we heard anything about the Saudi-Egyptian Super Cup (played as the Lusail Super Cup last year) continuing into next season?

Or any indication that this Arab Champions Cup this summer will be ongoing? I'm working on a version where the 2023 Saudi format continues with a different big country hosting every year, just need to test it out. Will likely cut out the GCC Champions League in that case as there's not really room for both on the calendar.

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Arab/African Club Cups

Yeah sorry, I ended up bringing back the GCC so they're the same. The second one should be scrapped, I thought I removed all references to it but it might still be on Mediafire. Both should also have the African Football League, which is spaced out over the season now, and expands to 24 teams next year.

Meanwhile the "Lusail Super Cup" file is the "confirmed comps only" one, just has the first year of the Arab Club Cup, and the first year of the Lusail Super Cup (i.e. tournaments that have actually kicked off)

@themodelcitizen No worries! I now have this list of files. Is this complete, or do I need to add/remove more files if I scrap the TMC Arab and Gulf Champions League file? Could be you did remove all references to that file, but I still had it in my editor files folder.

The Lusail file, is that the "confirmed comps only" file?

image.png.c423978831fa04c47cf8346226fdf8f5.png

Edited by Jorgen

Nice, and yes that's correct. You can drop one of the Arab and Africa/Arab and Gulf files, they're the same. OR you can use the Lusail Super Cup file instead (same base files for the two confirmed comps, but without the fantasy expansions).

For a fulsome international/Middle East experience, from that list I'd add TMC Baltic Cup and TMC Copa America and Gold Cup fix from the internationals thread.

I'd also use one of Club World Cup redux files (7 or 8 team versions) but that's up to personal preference.

You might also enjoy playing in San Marino, and I'd also use TMC Minor Corrections and TMC Competition Names from this thread for a more immersive experience.

And if you want the Catalan second nationality, play with one of the Spain files from this thread. There's also the Island Games but that's incompatible with the Qatar, San Marino, and Catalan files. And since you're such a great supporter, here, have an early draft of a second nationality file for 2023 as well

7 小时前, themodelcitizen说:

Yeah sorry, I ended up bringing back the GCC so they're the same. The second one should be scrapped, I thought I removed all references to it but it might still be on Mediafire. Both should also have the African Football League, which is spaced out over the season now, and expands to 24 teams next year.

Meanwhile the "Lusail Super Cup" file is the "confirmed comps only" one, just has the first year of the Arab Club Cup, and the first year of the Lusail Super Cup (i.e. tournaments that have actually kicked off)

great

how do I qualify for the 24 team African Football league?

First year is the rumoured 8 teams. Second year on is the African CL winner plus 23 semi-random high rep teams from throughout the continent. If you're playing with an active African league, though, fixture pile-up is likely going to be a big issue, I can't say it will run smoothly in that case. I've just been using it so top African teams have more games in the background

23 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Nice, and yes that's correct. You can drop one of the Arab and Africa/Arab and Gulf files, they're the same. OR you can use the Lusail Super Cup file instead (same base files for the two confirmed comps, but without the fantasy expansions).

For a fulsome international/Middle East experience, from that list I'd add TMC Baltic Cup and TMC Copa America and Gold Cup fix from the internationals thread.

I'd also use one of Club World Cup redux files (7 or 8 team versions) but that's up to personal preference.

You might also enjoy playing in San Marino, and I'd also use TMC Minor Corrections and TMC Competition Names from this thread for a more immersive experience.

And if you want the Catalan second nationality, play with one of the Spain files from this thread. There's also the Island Games but that's incompatible with the Qatar, San Marino, and Catalan files. And since you're such a great supporter, here, have an early draft of a second nationality file for 2023 as well

Thanks! I'll look into it this weekend. Got a bit tired of my current savegame (though I hope I'll find new interest in it) and am looking for a new savegame setup.

I am doing a save where I want to manage Ajax, Bayern München, Benfica, Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Always wanted to try MLS & Canada, but all the financial rules and drafts scare me.

On 27/07/2023 at 03:34, themodelcitizen said:

This is super! Your second nationality file really made my Philippines savegame so much better. For such a small nation, in combination with the Asian continental rules it is almost impossible to grow. Your file helped me to have so much more fun and success playing there.

I think I'll start editing my own mod again and do some test runs to find the ideal combination with yours and others this weekend. Then hopefully I can start playing monday or tuesday.

In FM22? That's great to hear it worked as intended, making international management a lot better. If you look at some of the national teams in the Caribbean, Asia, and Africa now, some of the guys we added a second nationality to are already playing for that new country in real life. Glad to hear that someone else was able to enjoy it!

Honestly I don't think I've finished a full season yet. In past versions I used to be in a constant state of editing, starting a new game, playing for a while, and then losing interest in the save/noticing something that needed fixing, and repeating the cycle. Now it's just straight editing :lol:

Hi guys, is there a link I can download these rather than steam?

On 26/07/2023 at 23:25, Jorgen said:

@themodelcitizen No worries! I now have this list of files. Is this complete, or do I need to add/remove more files if I scrap the TMC Arab and Gulf Champions League file? Could be you did remove all references to that file, but I still had it in my editor files folder.

The Lusail file, is that the "confirmed comps only" file?

image.png.c423978831fa04c47cf8346226fdf8f5.png

1 hour ago, dino88 said:

Hi guys, is there a link I can download these rather than steam?

TMC has posted a second link after each steam link. If you click on those, you get a direct download.

It's like the Champions League, I've got it running on matchdays not used by the African CL or Confederation Cup.

October to May now, so fixture pile-up won't be as bad, but if you're running an African league file it will still likely cause some backlogs with domestic fixtures

• 3 weeks later...

Done now, just running a test. Looks like my old version except straight to knock-outs, and no one-off final (which I had used after all the talk of "Africa's Super Bowl"). Then from 2024 mine still goes to 24 teams like before.

EDIT: And here's the new logo for your graphics folder...

Spoiler

AFL-logo-696x392.png

14 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Done now, just running a test. Looks like my old version except straight to knock-outs, and no one-off final (which I had used after all the talk of "Africa's Super Bowl"). Then from 2024 mine still goes to 24 teams like before.

EDIT: And here's the new logo for your graphics folder...

Hide contents

AFL-logo-696x392.png

Is file updated yet ?