[FM23.4] TMC Megapack (incl. Russian clubs in AFC Champions League)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the final update is out, it's a good idea. Not sure I have the energy to open up both editors and cross-reference every change that's needed tbh (did that last year with an FM18 database so it was fresh for FM22). Have you tried loading the old one in FM23? It might work, just that some guys might have the same nationality show up twice under second nationality

• 1 month later...

Updated all leagues so that AI managers should follow squad registration rules more closely.

Previously, in cases where there was a squad rule limiting teams to, say, 5 foreigners, this wasn't also reflected in a redundant "match squad" rule for 5 foreigners. However, I'm realizing the AI squad-building seems to look to that first, so your squad registration might look a little less clean and contain some redundant entries now. It should be worth it.

As usual, always load all players "based in nation" and from the nationality of the nation you're playing in, really this is vital for any created leagues.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

persianprotrophy.png.0994e5fa9a40b88467e8312669d1a0b9.png

Here's the Persian Gulf Pro League in Iran:

DOWNLOAD (backup)

With 84,000+ attendance at the Tehran derbies and the league/teams insanely well-researched already, this was a lot of fun to bring the CAFA region to life and really needs to be in any Asian long-term save.

Testing in the future for finances, durability, etc., let me know if you notice something off.

As usual, if you see I'm missing anything in my research, particularly any Persian readers, please point me in the right direction.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

persianpro1.thumb.png.b130fa37b3f6f85dbe51c41aad4dd4d4.pngpersianpro2.thumb.png.55d98c257429b32d1d778dd30949f207.pngpersianpro6.thumb.png.35983734a3ad1eabce044efba806c70a.pngpersianpro4.thumb.png.ee2e1136f05c5fa0d0d1f8182db69962.pngpersianpro3.thumb.png.3638cdfc50ec80cb2c6cabe9514034b4.pngpersianpro5.thumb.png.f8704e41072dd4065aafc459c2877dff.png

Edited by themodelcitizen

This one just adds Wellington Phoenix to the O-League every season and changes their continental cup nation to their native New Zealand.

DOWNLOAD (backup)

As a result, they should be ineligible for the Asian Champions League but will have a much easier path to the Club World Cup and all of its prize money. Not that it's a fait accompli:

Spoiler

oleaguenewe.thumb.png.b2faf8105100fafe36f0d066bb4c3ebe.pngwellingtonphoenix2.thumb.png.ed6ce233d2a147886a7be8d1e867f049.png

This might delay the end of the A-League a few days, especially if the Phoenix end up in the elimination final there (they dodged the May 12 clash this time in the first screenshot above).

And following that, I realized we can also just shunt some Russian clubs into the ACL early stages from 2024 and it doesn't seem to affect the co-efficients and everything working around it. The games don't show up in the Russian clubs' fixture lists and are a blank space for other clubs (haven't tried playing one as a Russian club yet), but the home games are played at a neutral venue:

Spoiler

zenit2.thumb.png.894d9e4947a54c9cf926ad97c2654e9b.pngzenit1.thumb.png.80458ebbf0f288c40331775a39e4a3f2.png

DOWNLOAD (backup)

These last two likely need a bit more testing before we can consider them stable...

On 13/08/2023 at 20:09, themodelcitizen said:

And following that, I realized we can also just shunt some Russian clubs into the ACL early stages and it doesn't seem to affect the co-efficients and everything working around it. If Russia isn't enabled then you can't see anything in the Russian clubs' fixture lists, but the home games are played at neutral venue:

Reveal hidden contents

zenit2.thumb.png.894d9e4947a54c9cf926ad97c2654e9b.pngzenit1.thumb.png.80458ebbf0f288c40331775a39e4a3f2.png

DOWNLOAD BETA

These last two likely need a bit more testing before we can consider them stable...

Mind I ask how you did that?

Yeah, take a look at "qualified teams" and you can see I added them in there, and then just added spaces to the preliminary stage (was able to keep the same rounds, just had to change the numbers of teams in certain rounds, and numbers of teams being added to certain rounds).

Also had to manually adjust the ranking levels, obviously, for the overall competition (you can see my changes there too) to account for the 3 extra teams

• 1 month later...

@sweetcarroll92 Here's a fantasy file putting the 16 CONCACAF Champions League second round teams in the Copa Libertadores groups from 2024 onwards. This was rumoured a couple of months back, although it isn't happening IRL (instead we're getting the Copa Interamericana - although I'd skip that file if you're using this one, MLS and MX teams are getting plenty of South American competition here and their calendar is pretty crowded):

Screenshots:

Spoiler

newcopalib.thumb.png.1dc23fa7f448a9d7fe37204e9c36be4a.png

DOWNLOAD (backup)

I believe Steam updates automatically? But yeah, I might have organized everything better if it was all planned.

I would run the 32-team Club World Cup file too, nice to have a big tournament every 4 years with teams like Real Madrid, Al-Hilal, Miami etc.

The "World Cup redux" file for the 48-team tournament in 2026 is also full realism, and any issues (i.e. USA not being drawn in Group A) are the same as the default game.

The league files are pretty self-explanatory, although looks like you're not running Iran (Persian Gulf Pro League) or San Marino.

These two files help me with immersion by changing some other comp names to be more realistic

And don't forget one of the Spanish files (Catalan or UE Olot) to add the Catalan visual second nationality to guys like Gerard Piqué.

Lastly looks like you're not as bothered with fantasy DBs :cool: but there's the OFC, AFC and Copa Lib files that play with continental entrants

@themodelcitizen Thanks!

Subscribed to both the World Cup Redux and Club World Cup Redux, Copa Interamericana and Iran now.

I didn't download the name files as I play the game in Dutch and it could possibly change the Dutch names of all competitions (that is what happend last year)

I checked all the ones that I had for subscriptions and added most of your suggestions. It now looks like this.image.png.cdf6d29d0e63f4c33f9e8b71a26876a5.png

So it looks like it updated a lot of the files.

If I am correct, only your 2nd nationality file is not on Steam,

Yeah that's a rough draft I haven't finished. Subscribers-only for now :lol: and that build looks great.

AFAIK that setup will be compatible with almost all other DBs, unless they're touching the same tournaments. Any transfer files you might get off here or Steam will just override the future transfers I have set in the various league files.

I think I'm done now (mostly for real this time). I've considered fixing CONCACAF club tournaments, that way the MLS qualifiers will go in to the knockouts on time instead of a (cancelled IRL) pre-qualifying group stage in September. But it's so close to FM24, and changing it from a fall-spring tournament might mess with qualifying from USA and/or Mexico for at least one season. At least my Copa Libertadores file kind of rescues the odd CCL format by having it pre-qualify to that tournament too

5 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah that's a rough draft I haven't finished. Subscribers-only for now :lol: and that build looks great.

AFAIK that setup will be compatible with almost all other DBs, unless they're touching the same tournaments. Any transfer files you might get off here or Steam will just override the future transfers I have set in the various league files.

I think I'm done now (mostly for real this time). I've considered fixing CONCACAF club tournaments, that way the MLS qualifiers will go in to the knockouts on time instead of a (cancelled IRL) pre-qualifying group stage in September. But it's so close to FM24, and changing it from a fall-spring tournament might mess with qualifying from USA and/or Mexico for at least one season. At least my Copa Libertadores file kind of rescues the odd CCL format by having it pre-qualify to that tournament too

Yeah I have some other files too. Mostly by Dave The Editor (extra nations), Davincid (realism) and Susie (transfers and fixes) And yours ofcourse! Some other minor things like friendly cups and a few nations by Tenshi. Some new competiton/nation histories by CFuller and Rob.

If files edit the same I only use one ofcourse.

One thing though, I have a file called Concacaf Competions A version, but I forgot who made it or what it was for. It might edit the CFU and such.

Edit: Don't know if this is a problem: 

image.thumb.png.fadf0a33b5e9de6626df8f5177531c98.png

If I look at the qualified teams, there are two from Morocco

image.png.edaeba2f3f44aa3e139db98cdfaff13b.png

If you check the stadiums, it says it's their second team again

image.png.ae96fba43f8c8e0a2ecaf362558a4371.png

Edited by Jorgen

44 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

What does it do? In general mine only touch any competitions as advertised, can't control for and don't care about mistakes in any other DBs

Yes, I know that. It is only obvious that you care for your own work.
I think it activates and corrects almost all Concacaf competitons. Got it from these forums, but I forget who made it and what it changes exactly.

10 hours ago, Liffa said:

@Jorgen Use the editor to load the file - the authors name usually is there. That way you can hopefully find out what changes were made.

Edit: found it on Susie (Sortitoutsi). I'm sorry if I caused any confusion

Edit: but let's talk about TMC's quality work again. 😃👍

Edited by Jorgen

48 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Thanks to all the comments and feedback @latrell @Liffa @Jorgen you guys rock, upvotes and Steam ratings are always appreciated :brock:

You're welcome my friend. Managing in Costa Rica right now, for my hexagon challenge, but can't wait to go to Africa or Asia and to play with your leagues and cups.
Oceania = , I still need to win the big one on the other 5 continents.
It is a simulation save (just like Omega Luke's rebuilds on YouTube), but I want an in depth savegame too if this save is finished.

Edited by Jorgen

16 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Oh that's great, you won the O-League already? I guess my Wellington file makes it possible to win it without any custom leagues but it's not entirely realistic ;)

Yes, twice (with a New Zealand league file)
My North-America setup seems a bit messed up, but as long as it is fun, it is ok.

Hoping to get to Saudi-Arabia after winning the Concacaf CL.

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

What happened to north america? IIRC the only stuff of mine you were running that would touch it is the gold cup/nations league edits

The amount of American and Mexican teams in the NACL is wrong. Wrong nations in Central American Cup and CFU. The creator says it has something to do with trying to edit the coëfficients.

Yeah, I suspected your edits don't touch those leagues, as Gold Cup and Nation League is about international matches and NACL, CFU, etc are intercontinental.

Editing (or essentially creating) coefficients for North America is a daunting task, I don't envy him. I can't imagine how to do it without having an active file for all the countries that try to qualify teams to the CCL in the background too, just to clean all that up, but coefficient stuff is beyond me

I won't hold my breath, this year's treatment of CONCACAF really seemed to confirm we're way down the list of priorities. I get it, the game isn't as huge here, but if they're going to devote so much energy to getting the MLS rules down pat, you'd think they'd work on the actual formats for continental and international comps too. I mean look at the bug forum, we raised this stuff with every patch and they didn't bother doing something that ended up taking me a couple of afternoons to fix

Which is still strange as football is undoubtedly a top 5 sport in the USA and the favorite sport in most nations in the world, including most nations in North-America.

The qualifying route for small/smaller teams in North-America is interesting too with the CONCACAF Caribbean Cup; CONCACAF Caribbean Shield; and Central America Cup (and Leagues Cup) which all give options to reach the North-American Champions Cup.

I would definitely play more in North-American leagues if all of this worked properly.

Edited by Jorgen

This might be worth another thread when it's gone through some more testing, but here's one you might enjoy @Jorgen,.. my best go at reorganizing the CONCACAF club competitions from fall 2023 to better reflect real life:

DOWNLOAD CONCACAF CLUB FIX (BETA)

So far it looks like everyone is qualifying that should.

If you're playing with a custom file enabling a Central American or Caribbean league with opening/closing stages, we might have to tweak this very slightly to get their two stage winners as their qualifiers to the Caribbean Cup/Central American Cup.

Could use some more testing from another pair of eyes, especially from anyone familiar with the ins and outs of North American qualifying. I'll work on making a version mixing these changes with my Libertadores file

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

This might be worth another thread when it's gone through some more testing, but here's one you might enjoy @Jorgen,.. my best go at reorganizing the CONCACAF club competitions from fall 2023 to better reflect real life:

DOWNLOAD CONCACAF CLUB FIX (BETA) (backup)

So far it looks like everyone is qualifying that should, although some IRL entrants like the third-place Leagues Cup team and 6th place Central American team might get bumped due to the qualifiers coming from Mexico and MLS (each wants to send 8 teams and I'm reluctant to stand in their way - like, if you're playing in the default leagues there and get a news item saying you qualified for CCL, you're gonna wanna be there in February)

If you're playing with a custom file enabling a Central American or Caribbean league with opening/closing stages, we might have to tweak this very slightly to get their two stage winners as their qualifiers to the Caribbean Cup/Central American Cup.

Could use some more testing from another pair of eyes, especially from anyone familiar with the ins and outs of North American qualifying. I'll work on making a version mixing these changes with my Libertadores file

O wow! That's probably the one thing that I missed in FM23.

I am indeed playing with extra leagues from North-America. (Costa Rica at the moment) Do you need the apertura/clausura, or is the combined league standing also good?

What did yo mean exactly by 8 clubs from Mexico and USA and not standing in their way?

Would be awesome to qualify for the Caribbean Shield → Caribbean Cup → Champions Cup → Fifa Club World Cup

Edited by Jorgen

That's the qualifying path I've got set up now! Last time I had something like this working was FM18 (in the old format) with Puerto Rico Islanders in the NASL getting to play in the Caribbean tournaments, lots of fun.

Right now it should just pull the top 4 Costa Rican teams by overall table. However if we went in and touched up the Costa Rican file to have "continental cup qualifying" set so that the fall and spring winners were both guaranteed a CCL spot (even in the extremely unlikely event they didn't finish top 4 overall), we can accommodate that by making a small change to my Central American Cup. Likely just changing the entry for Costa Rica from "best teams from division" to to "get qualified teams".

I don't think you'll notice anything off atm, but likely worth running a sim with a bunch of the Caribbean and Central American files you've got to make sure the right teams get into the Central American Cup in 2024, 2025 and so on. 

8 hours ago, Jorgen said:

What did yo mean exactly by 8 clubs from Mexico and USA and not standing in their way?

The default MLS and Liga MX nation rules have it so that at least 8 teams qualify from each country. Unless you're playing with a Mexico or US file that changes this, then if you finish high enough you'll get the news that you've qualified (can't touch this without editing their nation rules).

This many qualifiers was intended for the default (cancelled IRL) format, where 20 North American teams play in a pre-qualifying group stage. I removed this stage, but we still have the game trying to qualify 20 teams just from the US, Mexico and Canada for the CCL, plus we want to add the Leagues Cup winner and even runner-up and third place if there's room and they're not already represented.

In real life, US and Mex are only sending like 5 or 6 teams each (maybe more with the Leagues Cup), so IRL there are more spots to go around. I want to keep it at 27 teams (nice for the top 5 seedings to go straight into the round of 16) so teams who would otherwise be on the fringe (like the 6th place Central American Cup team) might not get in some years. They won't get the news saying they've qualified either

EDIT: Canadian and US qualifying seems to be delayed a year, which was the issue in the default version (starting in Fall) but one we're trying to fix. Working on that now

Screenshots:

Spoiler

caribshield.thumb.png.ce9c8f124b022d72d2e6a6c8eeb15539.pngcopacentro.thumb.png.2d76d766aeccf41ff8d1ebc578503a79.pngcaribcup.thumb.png.848e556933b99e2e610fdc3cab9c284a.png

At the moment I use the normal Canada, Mexico and USA databases by SI. Furthermore I use Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras all made by Tenshi.
Downloaded Cuba (by Tenshi too) and Dominican Republic (by V50) for testing your Concacaf mod.

edit:

Started the test. Top divison of aforementioned nations loaded. Loaded all players from North-America and most important players of South-America.

What happens with the play-offs of the Copa Interclubes UNCAF? Is this only for deciding which teams ended at 5th and 6th place?

image.png.2a3f71b817fed7c35ec8c48b84fa79df.png

Edited by Jorgen

It's now january 2028 in my simulation. What I've noticed, so far:

There is no group phase in the Concacaf Chamions Cup, but I just saw that is how it should be.

Both the Leagues Cup and Campeones Cup are single matches

Every year there are teams from Trinidad, Jamaica and Dominican Republic (who are also in the Caribbean Cup) in the Caribbean Club Shield, but not Haiti.

There are 20 teams in the Central American Cup. How did you decide team 19 and 20?

My Concacaf cups stil have the old names, but that could have something to do with my naming file.

Edited by Jorgen

Are the MLS Cup winners/Canadian championship winners consistently qualifying for the following February, or is it delayed a year?

No group phase is what we want (in the CCC/CCL that is). Leagues Cup should still be a big summer tournament, I haven't touched that. Campeones has always been one game

Jam/T&T send their third place team to the Shield, but the version you may have might the wrong teams getting in (i.e. they're also straight into the cup, which we don't want). I think I fixed that. No Haitian third place team because it was hard to qualify them properly with the opening/closing stages there, because I was already at a nice 32 teams, and because they were kicked out in real life for not having an active league (although I did let their top two teams still go into the cup)

What do you mean teams 19 and 20? The central american cup is 20 teams IRL isn't it? The group stage is very close to the one SI had in the (wrong) fall 2023 CCL format 

Are the Caribbean cup top 3 teams, central american top 4 etc always getting in, that you can see?

@themodelcitizen

Winners MLS → year in Champions Cup

2022 Sporting KC →2023
2023 Nashville → 2025
2024 LA Galaxy → 2025
2025 Atlanta Utd → ?
2026 Vancouver → ?
2027 Orlando City → ?

Winners Canadian Championship → year in Champions Cup

2022 Pacific FC → 2024
2023 Pacific FC → 2025
2024 York Utd FC → 2025 / 2027
2025 Cavalry FC → ?
2026 Vancouver FC → ?
2027 HFX Wanderers FC → ?

2026 was an extremely succesful year for the city of Vancouver, winning both the CC and MLS

There seems to be no Champions Cup in 2026
There seems to be no history of the winners of the Champions Cup in 2025 and 2026

If you want you can have my savegame

I meant with the Central American Cup, the clubs are divided as follows:

image.png.8ad734cf482a0cffc9daff9d6b8041d8.png

I saw you selected Costa Rica and Honduras for the 19th and 20th qualified teams for every edition. Do you suspect those nations are the most likely to get 4 slots, or could there be another way the Concacaf will select the last 2 teams?

Winners and runners up of the Caribbean Shield:

image.png.cee0d2d32354fab2e8160d1063e3ff48.png

In 2023, 2025 and 2026 the nrs 1 and 2 qualified for the Caribbean Cup in that same year. In 2024 and 2027 the tournament wasn't played

Nrs 1, 2 and 3 of the Caribbean Cup:

image.png.cd1dbf4582080e4ad8be01eea7171c14.png

Top 4 of the Central American Cup:

2023 Saprissa, Motagua, Olimpia (HON), Aguila
2024 Motagua, Olimpia (HON), Saprissa, Comunicaciones
2025 Marathón, Cartaginés, Motagua, Saprissa
2026 Herediano, Comunicaciones, FAS, Pérez Zeledón
2027 Motagua, Comunicaciones, Antigua, Cartiginés

In The Champions Cup: all mentioned teams from calender year before, as it should

2024:

First round: Caribbean: nr 2 , nr 3 / Central nr 2 , nr 3 , nr 4
Round of 16: Caribbean nr 1 / Central nr 1

2025:

First round: Caribbean nr 2 , nr 3 / Central nr 2 , nr 3 , nr 4
Round of 16: Caribbean: nr 1 / Central nr 1

2026: not played

2027:

Edited by Jorgen

Much appreciated. Working on the delayed qualifying now, will look at the cancelled ones too

For the 19th and 20th teams, your guess is as good as mine. In the absence of a coefficient/CONCACAF Club Ranking, I felt those were the best candidates, but we could do a "team pool" with an extra team from each division and "sort by division reputation" to create a sort of makeshift coefficient that would give the extra spot to whichever leagues are ranked highest. This would allow for scenarios where you take a custom league like Panama and build up their rep over time to claim a fourth spot.

I'm guessing the Carib Cup wasn't played those years because one of the Jam/T&T/Dom. Rep teams doubled up (qualified automatically to the Carib. Cup and were also mistakenly placed in the Shield, which they qualified from as well). I've fixed that bit so it won't be the same teams in both competitions

30 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Much appreciated. Working on the delayed qualifying now, will look at the cancelled ones too

For the 19th and 20th teams, your guess is as good as mine. In the absence of a coefficient/CONCACAF Club Ranking, I felt those were the best candidates, but we could do a "team pool" with an extra team from each division and "sort by division reputation" to create a sort of makeshift coefficient that would give the extra spot to whichever leagues are ranked highest. This would allow for scenarios where you take a custom league like Panama and build up their rep over time to claim a fourth spot.

I'm guessing the Carib Cup wasn't played those years because one of the Jam/T&T/Dom. Rep teams doubled up (qualified automatically to the Carib. Cup and were also mistakenly placed in the Shield, which they qualified from as well). I've fixed that bit so it won't be the same teams in both competitions

You're welcome my friend

I am looking into the other qualifications right now and will edit my previous post.

Or do you want me to restart and use an updated file?

Perhaps good to know, is that I kept my entire gamesetup with editor files the same, except for the other Concacaf file that I was previously using, ofcourse.

Edited by Jorgen

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

This is great, thanks. I can PM you an updated file later today when I get one going that looks right, that might be better for testing as I'm trying to account for the stuff we've noticed so far

You're welcome. As I was already investigating, I made my anwer complete.

Seems like the round of 16 works fine. If the CONCACAF Champions Cup is played, then the teams that won the Caribbean Cup and the Central American Cup directly qualify for the round of 16 in the next calender year.
Seems like the first round is flawed. The Caribbean nr 3 never qualifies and each year after less teams qualify.

I haven't looked at the Mexican, Candian and American teams though, other than the Canadian and American nr ones

In The Champions Cup: all mentioned teams from calender year before, as it should

2024:

First round: Caribbean: nr 2 , nr 3 / Central nr 2 , nr 3 , nr 4

2025:

Round of 16: Caribbean: nr 1 / Central nr 1

2026: not played

2027:

Edited by Jorgen

So the seedings where the winners of each regional competition go straight into Round of 16 is working. I think those missing spots are arising because the teams coming from tournaments like the Leagues Cup, Canadian Championship, US Open Cup aren't otherwise getting in via their domestic league - so there's extra teams bumping the Central American and Caribbean teams. Working on it now where they'll be the ones doing the bumping and will get priority

EDIT: All the qualifying is working so far (including CanPL regular season winner + playoff winner for their 2 spots) except the MLS entrants, still seems delayed a year. Gonna work with the settings and try stuff like "get best team in competition" set up in December (after the MLS Cup final but before the season update day)

I think I (mostly) have it now, updated the download link a few posts back. Feel free to run a test and give it a quick scan to make sure the teams who should be there from 2024 onward, are. The only thing I noticed on the last test was that the Central American winner wasn't getting the bye to the Champions Cup second round, it was going to one of the semifinal teams instead.

EDIT: To the 2 people who downloaded it, grab it again now, lol saw something off with the seedings and fixed it before bed

I've downloaded your version 0f 2 october. Started simulating. Found out I had a Concacaf Champions League with a North-American, Central American en Caribbean zone again.. All with groups. Got confused. Then saw I hadn't copied your file to my editor data folder. Starting over right now 😅😂😂😂

Cheers. Working on making Central American qualifying so just the league winners are guaranteed, and the extra spots are dependent on division reputation (should be close if not identical to the real-life distribution this year). A long-term game increasing the league rep somewhere like Belize or Nicaragua will mean more spots - basically a competition coefficient system without touching (and breaking) that stuff.

I'd love to have some kind of CONCACAF Club Ranking over several years, used for seedings like in real life, maybe a hidden stage somewhere that updates with results every year. Probably too much work