[FM23.4] Campionato Sammarinese (San Marino)

This is the only San Marino database (ever, for any FM) to correctly include the 2 non-EU players rule:

Spoiler

eurule.thumb.png.379d7a88c346e606920f727d8c139763.png

This is done using the extinct CIS nation, so sadly it's incompatible with any other database reusing CIS (like my Island Games).

This came from me wanting to play a Victor San Marino save and needing some Sammarinese regens. League and cup dates are accurate to this season based on what's been released. The format has changed this year, first place takes the title and doesn't go into the playoffs.

DOWNLOAD/backup | TMC MEGAPACK | LOGOS
FORUM CHALLENGE THREAD
discussion en italiano

Please upvote if you are enjoying the database!

I've been making sense of Italian sources but always open to suggestions including from anyone who has more local knowledge. I tried to make it to Victor's playoff last season when I was there but the stadium isn't that close to the città and the bus back to Rimini left too early.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

VH8TlVOnKKkGKd0k7Ns3gmLsVosLqYo8poieptrx.thumb.png.f3dcae6370d3f478c3e06c25b7b2cf78.pngsanmarino.thumb.png.ba342d5a6742a3d462042a7f7cdddc50.pngTREFIORi.thumb.png.25e9025444dac2bc57fca528a2595241.pngXTjCkG4e3sCPjB69Ly0yrDlnwCxgaTcs0vxYc0Op.thumb.png.ea1f0d27a9be0972a4c2664dc31f98f3.png

Thanks to testers in the Steam Workshop comments and @KeydGV21 here

More FM23:

Spoiler

UPVOTE

Edited by themodelcitizen

EDIT: I've also been using:

I *think* the only issue is getting the game to recognize that the playoff winner is second overall, runner-up is third etc. (EDIT: fixed)

I tested to get the additional continental places to depend on the playoffs: Success!

Spoiler

Untitled-1.thumb.png.2146e1662949d8c9beae2f6b0a806d00.pngUntitled-12.thumb.png.c61b779a65b7b788b2388623df8acdbe.png

Tre Penne won the cup, or else another team would have taken Virtus's spot.

Improve the coefficient and European spots will filter down the playoffs into 4th and 5th. Not sure how the game will "tiebreak" additional qualifiers (quarterfinal losers), hopefully by league position - if this comes up, let me know and I'll figure something out (maybe a losers' bracket).

It's showing the 2nd and 3rd place league teams as 2nd/3rd in the league history, which we can change, but this works (Virtus and Fiorita still get the 2nd and 3rd European spots).

Also need to implement this:

Another significant source of income is UEFA. Just appearing in the Champions League preliminaries is worth around €460,000 but last season La Fiorita only got around €10,000, says a chagrined president Roberto Bollini.

In a system almost inconceivable anywhere else in Europe, all UEFA money earned by Sammarinese clubs is pooled and split 15 ways by the national federation, the FSGC.

That is perfect for a nation-building save, any ideas off the top of anyone's head? Anything under "Money" or "Teams" we can use?

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23] Campionato Sammarinese (San Marino)

Fixed roster registration, foreigner rules, some little details like that.

I'm confident this has the most accurate fixture scheduling of any San Marino database for FM23. I'll keep looking for others to see if they've included any details I've missed.

I might add further play-outs that start after 5 years or so, like a 6th and 8th place game.

The logic being, if San Marino DID improve their coefficient and get more spots - which is the goal here - they would almost certainly adjust the format to account for that.

What's the best Italian D5 expansion this year? Slowly realizing I might have to make my own

Cheers. I'd rather write it in stone at that point than rely on the game figuring out tiebreakers for teams who share a final ranking.

The real Campianato has a rule where you can only have 2 non-EU players in the squad (thanks @SoloTitano). Anyone familiar with the Qatar workaround for the "EU" bug will know this isn't reproduceable without converting an extinct nation into an alternate "San Marino residency" type nationality.

This now uses the extinct C.I.S. nation to create a second Sammarinese "residency" nationality, which isn't visible and just functions in the background - all San Marino citizens (including regens) get it just to facilitate the IRL rule limiting teams to two non-EU players.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

SMR1.thumb.png.5e5b8dce5d1a5bfad44d6d15d471a4da.png

On 15/12/2022 at 05:09, themodelcitizen said:

Fixed roster registration, foreigner rules, some little details like that.

I'm confident this has the most accurate fixture scheduling of any San Marino database for FM23. I'll keep looking for others to see if they've included any details I've missed.

I might add further play-outs that start after 5 years or so, like a 6th and 8th place game.

The logic being, if San Marino DID improve their coefficient and get more spots - which is the goal here - they would almost certainly adjust the format to account for that.

What's the best Italian D5 expansion this year? Slowly realizing I might have to make my own

Search for FMfusion, an italian gourp, they make a file down to the Promozione each year, it's usually the best one.

28 minutes ago, Reiver said:

Search for FMfusion, an italian gourp, they make a file down to the Promozione each year, it's usually the best one.

Cheers, I saw their Eccellenza file, it pairs really nicely with this. So much going on with Serie D/E promotion and they seem to have nailed it.

Conveniently, San Marino doesn't allow dual nationality (same with Qatar). So by ticking that box, the secondary nationality (for the non-EU rule) doesn't actually show as visible but works in the background. Basically doing exactly what we want in terms of fixing the EU players "bug"

Fixed a glitch with the Coppa Titano final where it was being played over 2 legs. Also corrected some scheduling and substitution rules for the quarterfinals onward, based on how it's transpired IRL over the past few weeks. This means we've almost certainly got the most realistic and detailed Sammarinese file available for FM23 here.

Il 15/12/2022 in 22:12 , themodelcitizen ha scritto:

Cheers. I'd rather write it in stone at that point than rely on the game figuring out tiebreakers for teams who share a final ranking.

The real Campianato has a rule where you can only have 2 non-EU players in the squad (thanks @SoloTitano). Anyone familiar with the Qatar workaround for the "EU" bug will know this isn't reproduceable without converting an extinct nation into an alternate "San Marino residency" type nationality.

The main download ("ALTERNATE" version) now uses the extinct C.I.S. nation to create a second Sammarinese "residency" nationality, which isn't visible and just functions in the background - all San Marino citizens (including regens) get it just to facilitate the IRL rule limiting teams to two non-EU players.

Screenshots:

Contenuti nascosti

SMR1.thumb.png.5e5b8dce5d1a5bfad44d6d15d471a4da.png

So I download the "ALTERNATE" version to have version with correct rules of non-EU?

Sorry but i speak a little english and I am not sure I Understood

On 05/01/2023 at 02:56, PaMi 7 said:

So I download the "ALTERNATE" version to have version with correct rules of non-EU?

Sorry but i speak a little english and I am not sure I Understood

Correct.

I will fix that so it's more clear. (edit: the main download is the only one available now, and has the non-EU rules).

On 05/01/2023 at 06:33, KeydGV21 said:

I see only one transfer window…is that accurate for the league?

Is there no window in January? Let me take a look, I had summer and winter working when I was testing it

EDIT: ugh, had a 2021 where a 2001 should go, thank you! Fixing it now, winter window should appear fine every year now

3 minuti fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

Correct.

I will fix that so it's more clear.

Ok, thanks vey much.

In San Marino League, it allowed all the foreign players except 2 non-EU? So every teams can register all the EU players?

Is it correct?

Just now, PaMi 7 said:

Ok, thanks vey much.

In San Marino League, it allowed all the foreign players except 2 non-EU? So every teams can register all the EU players?

Is it correct?

They can register any EU player (and any Sammarinese player). My understanding from research this year is they may only have 2 non-EU players registered in the squad

4 minuti fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

They can register any EU player (and any Sammarinese player). My understanding from research this year is they may only have 2 non-EU players registered in the squad

Perfect, thanks very much ;)

1 minute ago, PaMi 7 said:

Cheers, I just posted an updated version fixing the transfer window issue, go ahead and download a fresh copy. I'm indebted to testers like Keyd and PaMI who have engaged here about the file, thanks for helping make this the best SM db out there

36 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Correct.

I will fix that so it's more clear.

Is there no window in January? Let me take a look, I had summer and winter working when I was testing it

EDIT: ugh, had a 2021 where a 2001 should go, thank you! Fixing it now, winter window should appear fine every year now

Thanks! Amazing work…

1 hour ago, PaMi 7 said:

I should add you need at least one Sammarinese player in the playing 11. Shouldn't be too hard, but just in case you were hoping to load the roster with only EU players!

Also, I think the only reference to the extra "San Marino (natural-born)" nationality is in the competition rules screen now, works fine there 

17 ore fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

Cheers, I just posted an updated version fixing the transfer window issue, go ahead and download a fresh copy. I'm indebted to testers like Keyd and PaMI who have engaged here about the file, thanks for helping make this the best SM db out there

15 ore fa, themodelcitizen ha scritto:

I should add you need at least one Sammarinese player in the playing 11. Shouldn't be too hard, but just in case you were hoping to load the roster with only EU players!

Also, I think the only reference to the extra "San Marino (natural-born)" nationality is in the competition rules screen now, works fine there 

We are indebted to you for your great work ;)

Just before I use this file, I checked it and wanted to clarify:

1) League winners (28 games, before playoff) get CL spot?

2) playoff winner, playoff runner up, and cup winner, get the Europa Conference spots?

Noticed in the epic San Marino challenge thread that @6499red pointed out an issue with some non-local players at Victor and San Marino Academy (in the Italian leagues) were taking Sammarinese nationality if their "date when moved to based nation" was incorrectly filled out by default. Not that many players are affected, but I'm uploading an updated version of the file to account for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I saw a video where someone added Sammarinese wonderkids into the db to see how they develop and helped the nation develop over a number of years. I'm trying to run my own experiment, but when adding these players to a team, they are coming under non-EU in the squad registration slots. Is there a way round this?

Edited by rah1991

• 1 month later...

Do you plan to update it to 23.4? And is it possible to do the equal money distribution thing? I was thinking about starting a dual-club save with Victor San Marino + a local club and this got me really intrigued.

I'm getting a lot of non-Sammarinese regens at Victor and I wonder if your file fix this through the CIS nation

image.png.7c72b012acbbe0809601993c7d12d771.png

Edited by hrmantovani

It's been updated, try the backup if Steam doesn't work.

The extra nationality is assigned to any Sammarinese newgens, and those look like they're coming up as Italian due to the club's 'Nation" or something, so I'm not sure it would help Victor SM. That may be hard-coded (and semi-realistic). I don't have any recent saves to check (cleared out some old test files a while ago) but was using my file and FMFusion's Eccellenza file, you could sim a season and see what Victor's newgens are doing

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Campionato Sammarinese (San Marino)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2023 at 07:01, themodelcitizen said:

They acknowledged the money distribution thing when I posted about it in feature requests but I don't think the editor has any option like that yet

First off - terrific update mate. I’ll test this out. Quick question - have you added in a U19 league? As such a thing does exist in San Marino - it is just missing from a lot of custom DB. 

I think according to @SoloTitano, only around 20% of the VSM newgens will be Sammarinese. So the best way would be to build the facilities of the Sammarinese team you’re managing to boost it. 

on a side note - did you incrementally increase the TV money at all? Or make it dynamic if possible? The reason I ask is that if the league were to grow in real life - hypothetically - then it would become a richer league? As in it would generate more revenue. This would also bleed into the other SM clubs allowing them to improve on their own. 

lastly - I am in frequent contact with a journalist who covers the Campionato a lot so am happy to pass you his details should you have any questions to ask of the league. He told me first instance that in the local news there they are talking of adding a 16th team to the league next year. Made up only of SM youth players. 

again - top work. 

Thanks for the info. I haven't touched TV money so in theory it should increase dynamically.

I wasn't able to add a U19 division for some reason, it seemed like it was hard-coded to not show up. I can try again in 23.4. Do you have any links to info (scheduling etc) about the U19 division?

• 5 weeks later...
On 26/04/2023 at 06:33, ChiccO said:

lastly - I am in frequent contact with a journalist who covers the Campionato a lot so am happy to pass you his details should you have any questions to ask of the league. He told me first instance that in the local news there they are talking of adding a 16th team to the league next year. Made up only of SM youth players.

Well this has come to pass, San Marino Academy (who participate in the Italian youth system) will send a U22/U23 team to the Campianato:

https://www.sanmarinortv.sm/sport/calcio-sammarinese-c15/si-chiamera-san-marino-academy-under-22-e-partecipera-al-campionato-sammarinese-a242104

Great news for youth development.

I've added them for 2023, they can't qualify for Europe or the Coppa Titano but they can qualify for the postseason playoffs - I haven't seen them finish high enough for a European spot, but I think it will skip them if they do. I'll keep testing but let me know if you see otherwise.

I don't think it's generating more newgens for the added U23 reserve team, just using them from the existing U20s and U18s. This may require more testing as well. It does look a bit weird in the team order coming between those two, but and I don't wanna mess with their default standing in the Primavera so this seems like the best option.

I've also adjusted the schedule slightly for this coming season to accommodate the announced dates for the Super Cup and the start of the season, and the slightly staggered kick off times this year at 3 PM and 6 PM to accommodate women's footy.

September edit: I've cleaned up the U23s a bit, so they function the way we want without looking like a weird reserve team. Also changed it so that your home games are actually scattered across 7 or 8 stadia throughout the land, in line with real life:

There are no “home” stadiums in San Marino and venues are assigned at random...

Enjoy your tour throughout the country!