Libertas San Marino! - The FM23 San Marino Challenge

close-up-view-of-the-san-marino-national

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! After various testing - the great (but difficult) San Marino challenge is now playable in FM23!

Historically one of THE hardest challenges ever to come out of Football Manager. Your task is to take the San Marino National team from the bottom of the UEFA Nation rankings to the very top, and win the World Cup!

There's various ways you can approach the challenge - you can try with just the San Marino National side (which will take a hell of a lot longer) Or club & country. To do the latter you can either choose to use Victor San Marino in the Italian Serie D and build them through the league system to the Serie A. Using the financial muscle built up along the way to plough money into the youth setup and produce better Sammarinese Newgens for the National side. 

Another option is you can take the arguably harder route of managing a team from the Campionato Sammarinese and building them up to be a force in Europe, generate money and build the youth facilities to produce your better quality Newgens this way. I must warn you though - San Marino sides are not professional teams and it'll take a few seasons alone just to turn them professional.

Or you can do both if you like! It'll speed up the process a little if you attack it from all 3 sides - National Team, Victor San Marino and a Sammarinese club side.

RULES, INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS

• In order to manage the San Marino National team you will need to use the 'Advanced' option for Database size and include the nation along with ALL of the tickable options ('Current International Players', 'Players of Nationality' etc etc). This will give you the biggest pool of talent to choose from.
  • DON'T use the in-game editor or Genie Scout.
  • DON'T Save Scum - 'cause where's the fun in that!? :)
  • You can approach the challenge with the domestic teams as you like in order to make it harder or easier. Like Youth Only or Sammarinese Nationality only etc.
  • Here's a tip from me - some Italian sides produce Sammarinese youths from time to time too... 

You will need:

Optional:

I have my own facepack of various Sammarinese players not in the megapack that I can upload or send if anyone would like! Have attached the zip file with the config to add them in included.

Same goes with any other working databases - I am more than happy to include them in the post. 

I'm happy to include the same landmarks from last year and will update the below post when anyone adds in their achievements from this.

Good Luck, and I look forward to seeing how everyone gets on! 

DISCLAIMER: I did use some of @6499red topic from last year for this (thanks!). I have not made any of these databases myself - I only edited Victor San Marino into a Custom Serie D database (there is no database to the Eccelenza level available at present) and tested both to make sure they work OK. I will give full credit to the creators of each database and have included links for credit. I am happy to help as much as I can but i have extremely limited database editing knowledge or experience. I also did come across a strange bug where some Italian players were declaring themselves for San Marino selection during some tests which is strange because you need to live in San Marino for 15 years for citizenship. However, testing when actually managing the National side this bug didn't happen. Plus - if you are managing the National side you can easily not select players if they do this.

Note:  I would also like to credit @SoloTitano for his assistance and knowledge of the San Marino domestic rules. 

SM Faces.zip

Edited by ChiccO
Added the Serie E database link.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LANDMARK ACHIEVEMENTS

Win a game:

Win a competitive game (inlcudes  Nations League): 

Have a player beat Andy Selva's 8 goals scored record: 

Have a player score 50 international goals:

Have a player score 100 international goals:

Have a new gen reach 100 caps:

Have a player score a hat-trick in a game: 

Beat a team ranked in the top 50 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 150 in the world: 

Get San Marino into the top 100 in the world:

Get San Marino into the top 50 of the world:

Get promoted from Nations League D: 

Get promoted from Nations League C:

Get promoted from Nations League B:

Qualify for the European Championship:

Qualify for the World Cup:

Survive group stage in the European Championship:

Survive group stage in the World Cup:

Win the Nations League:

Win the European Championships:

Win the World Cup:

Become the number one ranked team in the world:

Edited by ChiccO

Finaly my FM 23 Season can start - i wont post the usuall updates cause im not that good in editing stuff but some key-moments of my run... last year san marino was my frist ever save in fm so i hope for a good second time

my biggest win was a 2:1 in the cl against psg at home

11 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I will definitely take on this challenge soon. I probably wont get anywhere but you never know lol.

Just one quick question.

Can I be joint manager of a San Marino club side and the national team as well ?

Yes mate, you can manage both. :)

31 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

@ChiccO

in the mentioned san marino file it seems like there are no rules for matchdays (Campionato Sammarinese) is this right or am i just blind?

Which screen is that mate? Can you share a screenshot at all?

@ChiccO

The Rules - i hope i translated it appropiate from german ;)

Rule for Free Agents

No Free Agents in this matches allowed

Nominationrules

Player are not allowed to play for more teams than two between 7.1.2021 an 7.1.2022 - 3 if different Associations are involved

and some disciplinary rules

regeln.jpg

Edited by Scraborn

@ChiccO

do you too use the database by luron at steam workshop? or can you maybe upload yours? it feels strange with no rules

or you can add me on discord and send the file ;) Scraborn#3471

Edited by Scraborn

8 hours ago, Scraborn said:

@ChiccO

do you too use the database by luron at steam workshop? or can you maybe upload yours? it feels strange with no rules

or you can add me on discord and send the file ;) Scraborn#3471

Yeah bud it's just Luron's database I'm using. Mine has discipline rules etc too.

I've attached the file to this post for you.

San Marino - League and Cup.fmf

45 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

@ChiccOthank you i will try it in a bit...

but with the database i used i run a team of eleven foreign plöayers with no problem :D

Yeah, the rule used to be 2 of the on-field 11 had to be Sammarinese. That has now changed IRL to 1 out of the 11.

17 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

If I want to go down the San Marino league route, can I choose not to load the Italian league or is that required?

Yeah you can do if you like mate. You would only need the San Marino League and Cup database and load all the players from Nation to control the National side.

8 minutes ago, ChiccO said:

Yeah you can do if you like mate. You would only need the San Marino League and Cup database and load all the players from Nation to control the National side.

Excellent.  I will begin shortly though mine will be a youth only challenge so I can only use my youth academy.  I know what club I will choose too.

I am going down the San Marino league route.  So have taken over at AC Libertas.  Why AC Libertas?  Well, I like the colour scheme.  That's it.  This will be a youth only save, so I can only use the players my youth academy produce.  I have not started with the San Marino job as I feel I must earn it.

Club Introduction

AC Libertas

A.C. Libertas - Wikipedia

The Manager

This is me.

K9WLhiB.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start         1 August 2022             N/a                    £0 p/w            £0 p/w (Amateur Contract)

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Poor              Basic                 Basic            Limited            National   (0.50*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Time At Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             Final League Position     Coppa Titano              Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landmark Achievements

Win a game:

Win the Nations League:

Win the World Cup:

Personal Achievements

Win a domestic cup:

Win the league title:

Qualify for a European group stage:

Qualify for the Europa League group stage:

Qualify for the Champions League group stage:

Qualify for a European knockout stage:

Qualify for the Europa League knockout stages:

Qualify for the Champions League knockout stages:

Win a European trophy:

Win the Europa League:

Win the Champions League:

Edited by DazRTaylor

Hi everyone

I'm an Italian Football Manager fan and i'm here to take on the San Marino Challenge, because it always fascinates me due to the difficulty and that it is a long-term save

i decided non only to manage the SAN MARINO NATIONAL TEAM, but also a club from the San Marino Domestic League...

image.png.a3c470927f50a602b49fb0b9aa2a3d35.png

i choose the Juvenes/Dogana because not only never won the League, but they also were the only team to have played in both the San Marino Domestic League and in the lower tiers of the Italian Leagues

Their main objective is to develop their youth intakes since they don't have a Under 19 team, so the young players may have the possibility to be put right away on the First Team

Club Overview

Club.png.67e56ad0c2405986e036879ead82c928.png

Supporters

Supporters.png.bbfffb7f2620bd9614d6c593d55bc140.png

Facilities

Facilities.png.35c76b8c532d4bbfa5304b0967329086.png

This is my Avatar: Eustass Law (Born at Pisa, Italy the 12/07/1990)

Manager.png.a1ee45442283d5112b7fa047271ff331.png

MAIN TACTIC (For Both Juvenes/Dogana & San Marino National Team)

Tactic.png.4830d134ee631ea20fbf4a01396c69d5.png

Landmark Achievements

Win a game:

Win the Nations League:

Win the World Cup:

Edited by marco90li

Long-time lurker but always played along with this challenge. Favourite day of any new FM's cycle is when the San Marino database comes out!

Hoping that taking a more active part here will help me be more committed this year - I always give up in that murky slog you get into in the 2030s when Domestic dominance in the Sammarinese league has long been secured but continental and international success still feels ages away

Tempted to wait a bit this year for an Eccellenza database for the added challenge of taking on Victor San Marino. Anyone remember how long it was last year before a working database? Cannot be easy to create given there are about 15 divisions at that level in Italy

Anyway cheers for the thread @ChiccO and here's to a long and successful San Marino campaign 

13 minutes ago, Scraborn said:

@SimplySherwoodin the italy database chicco mentioned victor san marino  is included

I know, I probably will end up getting impatient and starting there but I have an OCD about realism in my saves so Id rather start in the Eccellenza (I know its mad to want realism in a save where the goal is a world cup win with San Marino but I cant help it)

vor 15 Minuten schrieb SimplySherwood:

I know, I probably will end up getting impatient and starting there but I have an OCD about realism in my saves so Id rather start in the Eccellenza (I know its mad to want realism in a save where the goal is a world cup win with San Marino but I cant help it)

thats why i've started in the san marinese league... maybe im just a masocist playing in the san marinese league, started as national coach as well, supporting a club in real life wich will never ever win a title beside od the second tier if they got relegated (which i not hope) - but the last years were impressive... we developed from jojo-team to a lowerclas topclub in germany... i hope to do this in san marino

Game Setup

image.thumb.png.20bf97644efc49e73e069723cc2168fa.png

image.thumb.png.dcecc9db4d5e93de0211074c3c4c8553.png

image.thumb.png.a5ad5d025ef14e386e4a4b6d0ee33ac9.png

My Team Choice - FC Domagnanoimage.thumb.png.3b09417da213ac527996070acbc26bcb.png

Why FC Domagnano?

The simple reason was I picked them cos I liked their kit colors of red and yellow. 

FC Domagnano History

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.C._Domagnano

Football Club Domagnano, commonly referred to as FC Domagnano or simply Domagnano, is a Sanmarinese football club, based in Domagnano. The club was founded in 1966. Domagnano currently plays in Girone B of Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio. The team's colors are red and yellow. Previously known as SP Domagnano, the side has been one of the most successful teams in the Campionato Sammarinese. In the 2004–05 season, Domagnano won the championship with a play-off win over S.S. Murata. As the Sammarinese champions, Domagnano entered the UEFA Cup but was defeated easily in the first qualifying round. Some of Domagnano's rivals are S.S. Pennarossa and A.C. Libertas.

Achievements[edit]

1988–89, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2004–05
1972, 1988, 1990, 1992, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003
1990, 2001, 2004

European record[edit]

Season Competition Round Club Home Away Aggregate
2002–03 UEFA Cup Qualifying round Czech Republic FK Viktoria Žižkov 0–2 0–3 0–5
2003–04 UEFA Cup Qualifying round Russia FC Torpedo Moscow 0–4 0–5 0–9
2005–06 UEFA Cup First qualifying round Slovenia NK Domzale 0–5 0–3 0–8

Home Kit

download.jpg.9fce3383765b5b5eb218bbe6fab45f2d.jpg
FC Domagnano Badge

download.jpg.f92afaba36d3ab9a944f63e95534b381.jpg

Looks a bit similar to FC Barecelona's badge so I will trying to turn FC Domagnano into the Barcelona of San Marino.

The starting squad isn't much to look at though and also has no youth team so that will be my first priority.

image.thumb.png.1ee5298f2e28cff8f72f24855273fd24.png

I will also be doing this as the San Marino manager as well.

The board just want me to finish in Mid table and reach the latter stages of the Coppa Titano. 

image.thumb.png.25dcbb566e70582137ed4165438ba331.png

@ChiccO can you link me with the facepack you use please buddy.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Ronaldo Beckham:

I managed to make my first signing a good one with us signing San Marino international midfielder Alessandro Golinucci who already has 33 caps for the national team.

image.thumb.png.9a938190e802a46b09b0fd18b7c14d92.png

i went the other road and hired a bunch of free agents - but if you want some new kits i can help you ;)

this my design right now and i think just for reasons of immersion i create a new one every or every second season

A.S._San_Giovanni_1.png

Just now, Scraborn said:

i went the other road and hired a bunch of free agents - but if you want some new kits i can help you ;)

this my design right now and i think just for reasons of immersion i create a new one every or every second season

A.S._San_Giovanni_1.png

Yeah I would love some different kits but using the same club colours and badge. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Ronaldo Beckham:

Yeah I would love some different kits but using the same club colours and badge. 

if you want you can add me on discord and we do it together ;) Scraborn#3471

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Ronaldo Beckham:

I might do in a few weeks as I am really busy lately.  Thank you for the kind offer though.

aye have fun in san marino ;) the comunity helped me so much last year when i started my fm life so its just fair that i help where im able to help

Mini Update

image.thumb.png.7ae568dfe77b80e0b4926eba131fa48f.png

I am currently on track of a mid table finish with us currently being 6th in the league with 9 games gone. 4 wins. 2 draws and 2 losses. 

Not bad so far.

image.thumb.png.16b2c7d4c184ddeef2200230d492c52d.png

Nicolo Angelini has been amazing so far with 10 goals in 9 games. 

image.thumb.png.325df4df58e587dc16e6f46a4b1e979f.png

Simone Pippi has also been really good with 7 assists. 

image.thumb.png.3a458af99e642affdf5a747880ea7dc6.png

I also managed to get the board to upgrade the junior coaching from Basic to Fairly Basic.

image.thumb.png.de9bbff631a5fb1acd22aab54757ca92.png 

Still nothing to check but we set a new record in the UEFA Nations League

The festest goal ever scored

Nicola Nanni after 30 Seconds against Moldova - I thought a win was possible to tick the first task.... but to many defensive errors occured in the 3:4 loss

Erster Rekord.jpg

@BCarwardine

I usually load all Italian leagues possible (your access to “foreign” players in SM is mostly made of Italian players. 

San Marino country and players, teams of course. And just any other league close by with a balance of keeping the player count up and the game speed manageable. 

16 hours ago, SimplySherwood said:

I’m usually the same with the realism. I’d have preferred to start in the Eccelenza but I’m not sure there will be a DB available anytime soon. And I ran out of patience wanting to start 🤣

it will probably take 2-3 seasons to build a decent Serie D team anyway. 

@BCarwardinefor me i have San M;arino (obvious), France, Germany and England down to Tier2, Italy to Tier 4 (might change in the future and the topleagues from Belgium, The Netherlands and Portugal plus a database of around 135,000 players - not the fastest setting but works for me fine

5 minutes ago, ChiccO said:

@BCarwardine

I usually load all Italian leagues possible (your access to “foreign” players in SM is mostly made of Italian players. 

San Marino country and players, teams of course. And just any other league close by with a balance of keeping the player count up and the game speed manageable. 

Thanks you for the help!

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Scraborn:

@BCarwardinefor me i have San M;arino (obvious), France, Germany and England down to Tier2, Italy to Tier 4 (might change in the future and the topleagues from Belgium, The Netherlands and Portugal plus a database of around 135,000 players - not the fastest setting but works for me fine

Italy Tier 4?