​[FM23.4] Club World Cup redux

Sounds like you're running another file that disables it somehow. The default game has weird qualifying going on in the background anyway, I don't think we can touch it at all and have 2025 still work properly. Feel free to try in the editor though

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have also noticed that since the 23.3 patch, any changes to the CWC mean that when you click on the globe at the top right of your home screen and click on "world", it's no longer at the top of the list of "world" club competitions, but is below the U-20 Intercontinental and the French Youth Invitational.

Other edited default competitions seem to be doing this too. It's immensely frustrating but ultimately meaningless, let me know if anyone knows a way around it (doesn't seem to sort by age range and then reputation as it used to)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you running any other file like an African Super League or Morocco file? Out of curiosity, did FUS Rabat win the African Champions League? It should pull the African CL runner-up in that case (not their reserve team) but there might be some weird CWC hardcoding I need to figure out

Sounds like something in Dave's file is making Rabat II the home nation selection, did Rabat win the Moroccan league or did Wydad? It must have got confused somehow, or maybe he's got a reserve division set as a top division by accident. Unless anyone else has seen something like this? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, when i try to verify I get 'New Stage 0 for Icelandic Cup can't find enough teams to be created. 79 teams found, 80 needed.' What am I doing wrong?

(This is for the 8 team version).

I have verified outdated league files before successfully but am no expert with the editor.

Thank you for your work!

Edited by SirDNA
Specifying version

You can thank SI for that, another update that fixes one thing and breaks three others. From a quick look around here you might have to make the club Knattspyrnufélagið Kórdrengir un-extinct and put them back in the Icelandic second division for it to verify. I'll see if there's an easier way so I don't have to do that in each of my files

11 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Updated the 7- and 8-team versions by verifying them on the new 23.4 database, haven't had time to test it though, let me know if it throws up any weirdness.

Legend! Could you update the Copa Interamericana too? It's a must for my North American saves :D

New update looks like it didn't change anything, i.e. February 2023 then straight to 2025 (no December 2023 or 2024 editions in Saudi as planned by FIFA). My files add those versions but with whatever semi-random hosting rotation the game throws up.

That's because there actually are two editions played this year, February and December. The "first" one is technically the delayed 2022 edition, they just played it in February with the 2022 branding. I tried to get that to show in-game but it's technically wrong anyway, 2023 is more accurate for both.

I understand. I tried myself also(new to editor), no luck. It would be nice if you could do 6 team version of Club World Cup without host automatic qualification, 6 champions league winners. I think it is unfair if big european team qualifies and wins it (had it two seasons in row). if you have time of course, just a thought. I think best version would be 7 team (in my opinion), but if game and editor dont comply what can you do.

Edited by Failproof

1 hour ago, Failproof said:

I understand. I tried myself also(new to editor), no luck. It would be nice if you could do 6 team version of Club World Cup without host automatic qualification, 6 champions league winners. I think it is unfair if big european team qualifies and wins it (had it two seasons in row). if you have time of course, just a thought. I think best version would be 7 team (in my opinion), but if game and editor dont comply what can you do.

I have done a 6 team version here. This version is for 23.3. Feel free to upgrade it to 23.4. I've been away from pc due to illness and cannot remember if Iceland editor problem stops it verifying. You could try it out and see.

Yeah I didn't like seeing Real win it 3 times in a row, which is obviously easier if they're getting in as defending champion. The 7-team version should still work.

I had a version going where the "extra" spot was taken by the Copa Interamericana winner so there was an extra MLS/MX/South American team instead. Same with a 6-team version. You prefer 6-team knockout or group? I can verify it again for the new update

• themodelcitizen changed the title to ​[FM23.4] Club World Cup redux
On 09/04/2023 at 14:34, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I have done a 6 team version here. This version is for 23.3. Feel free to upgrade it to 23.4. I've been away from pc due to illness and cannot remember if Iceland editor problem stops it verifying. You could try it out and see.

Here's a version of mine where, starting from the December 2023 edition, the host is cut so there's 6 teams:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j2qrm5vv5821dh6/Club_World_Cup_redux_6_teams.fmf/file

Spoiler

6team.thumb.png.90f9ce887d039b23e014cc4bf29df74c.png

Edited by themodelcitizen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was inspired by OllieDrew's great work in his thread, and went ahead with FIFA's plans after December 2023 for a June 2025 quadrennial edition with 32 teams and mega prize money.

This is expanding on the default 24-team version, so the hosts are still semi-random:

Spoiler

clubworld32.thumb.png.b3d2c6e5f415e0e4a1121546616bf8ee.pngclubworld322.thumb.png.cd42a26ef01540aac4123d4fafd985e8.png

In real life, any extra slots after the Champions League winners will go by club ranking (max of 2 teams from each country). I'm trying to fill these with teams currently active in their CL, sorted by reputation - not perfect but should pass the smell test. Not sure I can limit that to two per country (after factoring in CL winners), will keep brainstorming.

DOWNLOAD (backup)
Compatible with:
Russian teams in ACL | Wellington Phoenix in OCL
CONCACAF teams in Copa Libertadores

I've kept it going in December of every other year with my best guess at the format of this new tournament until we get more details:

The FIFA Council also unanimously approved the concept of an annual club competition from 2024, in response to the fact that the FIFA Club World Cup will be held for the last time in its current guise in 2023.

This annual tournament will bring together the winners of each confederation’s premier club competition and will conclude with a final held at a neutral venue between the winner of the UEFA Champions League and the winner of intercontinental play-offs between the clubs representing the other confederations.

Sounds a lot like the old one.

Disclaimer: the 2025 CWC will almost certainly result in fixture congestion those years for summer leagues like Brazil, Japan, and MLS (not to mention Leagues Cup). They should be fine, they can handle the 24-team version, I've just moved those dates a couple of weeks.

EDIT: This seems to be working the way we want now, once I figured out that "get last winner" actually works with the "year offset" box...

If they win the ACL? Yep, and in fact better than the default 24-team version. Same with Wellington coming from OFC. My stuff uses "get last winner" for the various comps, the default was "get qualified teams" with the "continent" set. So Zenit (a European team) coming from Asia would just confuse it

btw the 32-team version still runs a 7-team version every "other" December (so not 2025 when there's a 32-team version in the summer). It has my best guess at the new format from December 2024, quite similar to the existing 7-team version but the Euro champ comes straight in at the final

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2023 at 06:23, themodelcitizen said:

I was inspired by OllieDrew's great work in his thread, and went ahead with FIFA's plans after December 2023 for a June 2025 quadrennial edition with 32 teams and mega prize money.

This is expanding on the default 24-team version, so the hosts are still semi-random:

Reveal hidden contents

clubworld32.thumb.png.b3d2c6e5f415e0e4a1121546616bf8ee.pngclubworld322.thumb.png.cd42a26ef01540aac4123d4fafd985e8.png

In real life, any extra slots after the Champions League winners will go by club ranking (max of 2 teams from each country). I'm trying to fill these with teams currently active in their CL, sorted by reputation - not perfect but should pass the smell test. Not sure I can limit that to two per country (after factoring in CL winners), will keep brainstorming.

DOWNLOAD (backup)
Compatible with:
Russian teams in ACL | Wellington Phoenix in OCL
CONCACAF teams in Copa Libertadores
(new)

I've kept it going in December of every other year with my best guess at the format of this new tournament until we get more details:

Sounds a lot like the old one.

Disclaimer: the 2025 CWC will almost certainly result in fixture congestion those years for summer leagues like Brazil, Japan, and MLS (not to mention Leagues Cup). They should be fine, they can handle the 24-team version, I've just moved those dates a couple of weeks.

EDIT: This seems to be working the way we want now, once I figured out that "get last winner" actually works with the "year offset" box...

love your work TMC, for the russian and phoenix files only work if you don't have another file that edits the AFC or the O-League and do you need to load their leagues

If you're running another OFC or AFC Champions League file, I doubt it will work with these. I didn't, like, go in and change those clubs to be part of the new continent or anything (other than changing Wellington's continental cup nation), I just went in and changed the competition structure to squeeze them in. The other files you're talking about probably edit that too.

You don't need any active leagues from any of the affected countries running, no. You mean like running the A-League and/or a custom New Zealand file? Not necessary

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

If you're running another OFC or AFC Champions League file, I doubt it will work with these. I didn't, like, go in and change those clubs to be part of the new continent or anything (other than changing Wellington's continental cup nation), I just went in and changed the competition structure to squeeze them in. The other files you're talking about probably edit that too.

You don't need any active leagues from any of the affected countries running, no. You mean like running the A-League and/or a custom New Zealand file? Not necessary

I run Dave's OFC Championship file. What problems can I expect?

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I'm not familiar with his file, that's not really anything for me to worry about :D like I said, anything that touches those tournaments could cause issues

I understand. Was just curious what you meant/suspected what could go wrong. As far as I've seen, the OFC CL runs every year and the 7 teams/32 teams rotation of the FIFA Club World Cup runs too.

You made almost every intercontinental cup right now, which is beyond awesome ❤👍

Just noticed this; the quarter final team is a bit curious

image.png.9a24c943a04cfd2629198dfda6fd01f9.png

other years the clubs seem to be normal. Starting the 2025 editon the European team gets a buy directly into the final. One final has 2 European teams.

I'll run another test without Dave's OFC CL.👍

image.png.cff900b13c698e7232bcaea2541f7ac7.png

image.png.c935cc7a27fd00afa0c1a992177c0a9d.png

Edited by Jorgen

Who's Tredegar U-19s? Let me guess, Wales hosted that year and you're running a custom Wales DB? Sounds like the same thing as that Morocco glitch, i.e. the mod-maker has somehow got a reserve/U-19 team showing up as "best team from division".

You're right, from December 2024 the European team gets a bye to the final of the 7-team version, it's addressed in the links I posted above. They haven't given us much detail on the new format so I've opted to include the host as well, which means if a European country hosts then it can be an all-European final.

Any intercontinental cups I'm missing? Some inter-island tourney in the CFU or OFC or something maybe? I can see the Kagame Inter-Clubs Cup hasn't been played in a while and was cancelled again this year

@themodelcitizen For Wales only sortitoutsi's data update, which updates the Welsh League with promotions and relegations. Think they don't change league rules or anything, but I am not sure.
Without the intercontinental files by Dave, the Viareggio isn't played eighter.

You're missing some. Here are the most important ones.

Continental: OFC Champions League
Regional: Lusofonia Games, Mediterranean Games, Micronesian Games, ASEAN Club Championship, Navruz cup (Nowruz Cup), Sheikh Kamal International Club Cup, Saudi-Egyptian Super Cup
Defunct: Royal League, A3 Championship, Mekong Cup, British Home Championship
Friendly: SBS Cup, UEFA–CONMEBOL Club Challenge
Youth: Gothia Cup, Norway Cup (Gothia Cup and Norway Cup are problably the world's largest youth tournaments); Dallas Cup

And aren't there things like the (British) Nations Cup, Commonwealth Cup, and a cup for the champions of Scotland, Wales, N-Ireland and England?

I just love cup games 😄😄

Edited by Jorgen

OFC Champions League is in the game my friend. Odd, I'm looking at the Viareggio now and it's running fine, guess you've got something that touches U-19s somewhere and it makes the whole thing crash.

Lusophone Games haven't been played in years IRL, Med Games are U17 now I think? Micronesian Games involve islands like Yap and Pohnpei so is more suited a larger project (perhaps using extinct nationalities for the islands)

ASEAN I like, but I think it was cancelled again this year, not promising. Maybe suited to a fantasy file.

Can see a couple more in your list that I've got in my files already. Load them up and take a look

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

OFC Champions League is in the game my friend. Odd, I'm looking at the Viareggio now and it's running fine, guess you've got something that touches U-19s somewhere and it makes the whole thing crash.

Lusophone Games haven't been played in years IRL, Med Games are U17 now I think? Micronesian Games involve islands like Yap and Pohnpei so is more suited a larger project (perhaps using extinct nationalities for the islands)

ASEAN I like, but I think it was cancelled again this year, not promising. Maybe suited to a fantasy file.

Can see a couple more in your list that I've got in my files already. Load them up and take a look

I always downloaded Dave's OFC CL. Perhaps the format in the unedited game isn't up to date?
Micronesian Games; you're right. Though Yap and Pohnpei, together with Chuuk and Kosrae form the nation of Federated States of Micronesia, and Micronesia is in the game we don't have the seperate nations indeed.
I thought I couldn't find the other cups in the game. But they might've escaped my attention

3 hours ago, Jorgen said:

I always downloaded Dave's OFC CL. Perhaps the format in the unedited game isn't up to date?
Micronesian Games; you're right. Though Yap and Pohnpei, together with Chuuk and Kosrae form the nation of Federated States of Micronesia, and Micronesia is in the game we don't have the seperate nations indeed.
I thought I couldn't find the other cups in the game. But they might've escaped my attention

I believe the O-League is bigger in the game than real life (16 teams in the groups instead of 8), but they've gone with the approach that invited teams actually participate each time (like my Caribbean Club Shield, in real life it's much smaller but in my world every invited nation is sending a representative).

If anything I thought about making it even bigger by converting the prelims to an 8-team knockout and adding the champions from missing countries like Kiribati and Wallis+Futuna

EDIT: Scratch that, IRL they reduced it from 16 teams to 8 with each country having a preliminary playoff. Easy enough to set up in the editor, but it doesn't leave a spot for Wellington Phoenix :lol: may do an alternate version with the real format, just shortens the tournament slighltly

2 hours ago, Liffa said:

@Jorgen Where did you get the youth cups?

Is it these files (no Dallas cup though):

I never had a Dallas Cup.
I did use the Gothia and Norway cups by Majestic Eternity, but when I used them, some other tournaments occured irregularly. Don't know if that was cause by these cups alone, or because of a combination with other editor files that I used at that time.

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

I believe the O-League is bigger in the game than real life (16 teams in the groups instead of 8), but they've gone with the approach that invited teams actually participate each time (like my Caribbean Club Shield, in real life it's much smaller but in my world every invited nation is sending a representative).

If anything I thought about making it even bigger by converting the prelims to an 8-team knockout and adding the champions from missing countries like Kiribati and Wallis+Futuna

EDIT: Scratch that, IRL they reduced it from 16 teams to 8 with each country having a preliminary playoff. Easy enough to set up in the editor, but it doesn't leave a spot for Wellington Phoenix :lol: may do an alternate version with the real format, just shortens the tournament slighltly

I like the big version more 😉

Bigger is better, it's just got me thinking that a shorter tournament is easier to squeeze into Wellington's calendar. The problem is the default is 16 teams, made up of 14 qualifiers plus two from the preliminary round (14+2). My version makes it 14+1+1 with the extra spot being Wellington.

The IRL format takes those 14 qualifiers and makes them play a playoff against the other qualifier from their country (so NZ vs NZ) to reduce to 7 teams, and are then joined by the preliminary stage winner. So 7+1. As you can see, no room for the Phoenix, I'll have to think of a way to shunt them into a pre-qualifier too or something like that