[FM23.4] UAE Pro League (release)

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23] UAE Pro League (release)
  • themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] UAE Pro League (release)

This has been updated for each patch, obviously, but the OP now includes the extra file that adjusts player reputation for a range of Emirati (and Saudi, and Qatari) players for better gameplay. More discussion about the issue is in the Saudi Pro League thread.

Quick (and odddly specific question): Sharjah forward Ousmane Camara counts as foreign despite having Emirati citizenship - any particular reason why? In general tho, loving the league (as well as Qatar/KSA), very fun leagues to manage in!

Edited by islandboi030

Re: @ajoobah's comments on the UAE DB in the Saudi thread:

Not sure why I had 3 from 9 subs instead of 5 from 9. Is it 3 stoppages? Hard to tell from some of the match reports online.

You're right about away goals in the President Cup semis, if you look at the two-legged semi between Ajman and Sharjah this year, they're not in use anymore. Fixing that now too.

In the League Cup, away goals were active as of last season in the Al Ain-Al Jazira semi, let me know if you see they've changed it.

And you shouldn't have pointed out the VAR thing! :lol: Haha, my commitment to realism means I have to include it now! On a serious note, this is EXACTLY the type of feedback that DB creators need to keep things accurate and up-to-date, please keep coming at me with critiques and suggestions, people!

Edited by themodelcitizen

No, its '9 subs named, max 3 used' in every UAE cup/league

One more thing about the two cups and the Super Cup: No foreigner rules is applied. I can use as many as I want. Don't think thats the same IRL

To be honest I don't know whether they use VAR or not. But I THINK they have the money to make it happen ;-)

Edited by ajoobah

Check those links in my last post, they seem to suggest there's VAR. And yes, I acknowledged I had it incorrectly as "3 from 9" subs (the wording in the English version of the editor), but I've adjusted it to "5 from 9 (max of 3 stoppages)" which seems accurate - as in, you can name 9 subs, and use 5, but only during 3 substitution periods. Is that right? Or can you make all 5 subs at 5 different times? Thanks for the feedback. For the cups, it looks like the League Cup allows 7 foreigners (along with 3 stoppages for the 5 substitutions, and away goals). I'll dig around a bit for the Super Cup and President's Cup and see if there are any differences and fix those too. Much appreciated!!

Edited by themodelcitizen

• 4 weeks later...

Added the U18s, as far as I can tell there's no cup, unlike with the U21s.

Also, all three Gulf league files have been updated to better accommodate international breaks. If you're using the Mediafire links and aren't subscribed anywhere, it might be worth downloading all of my league and international files one more time to close out summer with 8)

In advanced, heck sometimes I'll build an entire competition from scratch by just adding "rules" and starting to check boxes. Here, I've been relying on the auto-generated reserves/U21s for convenience and because there's no weird formats in my leagues (except for the U21 cup here which I had to add myself because the default checkbox option seems kind of glitchy, and I just changed its name so it looks like the default naming convention).

Re: setting up the reserves in general, it took me ages to realize you had to do it in multiple places:

Spoiler

saudireserve1.thumb.png.45b9528a189fbc6479c7e4bd05f1bb6a.pngsaudireserve2.thumb.png.9a5412291a46d1f019f3d57621c0558d.png

And make sure each team has that reserve team type set up:

Spoiler

saudireserve3.thumb.png.980fda5297f2954a21744432d1f4d42d.png

And for clean-up, you may want to go into the club staff and change any wrong staff roles (e.g. a U18 coach at a team that only has a U19 team) and fix them

On 22/07/2023 at 08:35, themodelcitizen said:

Added the U18s, as far as I can tell there's no cup, unlike with the U21s.

Also, all three Gulf league files have been updated to better accommodate international breaks. If you're using the Mediafire links and aren't subscribed anywhere, it might be worth downloading all of my league and international files one more time to close out summer with 8)

Just started a save yesterday. Your files are loaded in the gamesetup, but not yet as active leagues. Was planning to load them afterwards, when the first part of my journey is finished in Europe.

Is the updated planning of the matchdays the only thing that is new?