Player of the tournament

Pukey

Just now, EnterUsernameHere said:

Yeah would agree with this. Still Messi's to lose, think Mbappe should be out of the running now though whereas Griezmann has a shot.

Tbf if Mbappe scores a hat-trick on Sunday then suddenly the tide turns back to him again, but yeah if France win then Griezmann should be considered depending on the performance of course.

Let’s not forget Kevin de Bruyne.  He got MOTM in the game against Canada by doing precious little and if that’s what is required, surely his performance since has raised the bar several orders of magnitude higher….  :)

11 - With Julián Álvarez on the field, Argentina scored 11 of the 12 goals it has in #Qatar2022 and conceded none. The five goals conceded by the Albiceleste during this World Cup were with the striker off the field. Participatory

nah forget Messi, true GOAT 

36 minutes ago, Barry Cartman said:

nah forget Messi, true GOAT 

All jokes aside, it looked like another tournament where Messi was going to lay chances on a plate only for his striker to squander them. Like before with Higuaín, Agüero, Palacio and probably others that escape my mind.

He looks annoyingly good.

Edited by EnterUsernameHere

On 14/12/2022 at 21:02, Pukey said:

Tbf if Mbappe scores a hat-trick on Sunday then suddenly the tide turns back to him again, but yeah if France win then Griezmann should be considered depending on the performance of course.

Thanks for reminding me I said this @aggressive minor, as if he scored a hat trick and still everyone quite happily agrees Messi was player of the tournament :D think it goes some way to showing just how good Messi was overall and in the final