Brazil Official thread - Rumo ao Hexa

PMLF

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Constantine said:

You were looking better without Neymar. Now, about Danilo... Is there no other replacement or Tite is just that stubborn about Dani Alves?

He can have Fabinho or Militão as replacements instead of Daniel Aves. Either way, it won't look good.

Cassano on Richarlison: https://football-italia.net/cassano-blames-richarlison-despite-wonder-goal-against-serbia/

“I’ll repeat it. Brazil have 25 great players, they are only missing one thing and I confirm that Richarlison is not that good,” the ex-striker said, as quoted by Corriere.it.

Cassano used the Italian word ‘pippa’ to describe Richarlison, which is way more offensive than just ‘not good enough.’

“The truth is that Richarlison had a bad first touch which is why he made the bicycle kick. He has nothing in common with Brazilian strikers. He scored the other goal in an empty net,” continued Cassano.

:D 

Unlike what had been expected, it seems this will be Brazil's lineup against Switzerland tomorrow:

Alisson, Éder Militão, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Alex Sandro, Casemiro, Fred, Lucas Paquetá, Raphinha, Vinicius Jr, Richarlison

Neymar and Danilo (and any other player that gets injured) will remain with the squad until the end even if they are not able to play any more games in this World Cup.

2 minutes ago, Darius1998 said:

Telles at LB then?

Probably not a big problem if it's just for one game.

Yes, most likely Alex Telles.

I suppose Brazil will rest some players for this game.

40 minutos atrás, PMLF disse:

Yes, most likely Alex Telles.

I suppose Brazil will rest some players for this game.

If the fullbacks are supposedly that bad, why not try 3 centrebacks? That worked on 2002 at least. Bring Fabinho with Casemiro to make a duo of defensive midfielders and that could make sense

Edited by shimera

3 minutes ago, shimera said:

If the fullbacks are supposedly that bad, why not try 3 centrebacks? That worked on 2002 at least

I don't think Tite is a big fan of having 3 centrebacks.

2 hours ago, PMLF said:

It seems this will be the lineup:

Ederson, Daniel Alves, Militão, Bremer, Alex Telles; Fabinho, Bruno Guimarães, Antony, Rodrygo, Gabriel Jesus, Martinelli

Still no Everton Ribeiro and Pedro… :thdn:

They will probably need to come in the second half when the score vs Cameroon will still be 0-0.

Brazilian squad for the 2022 WC according to a vote at Globo Esporte’s site in 2018, just after the World Cup:

Goleiros: Ederson (Manchester City); Alisson (Roma) e Neto (Valencia)

Laterais-esquerdos: Marcelo (Real Madrid) e Alex Sandro (Juventus)

Laterais-direitos: Danilo (Manchester City) e Éder Militão (São Paulo)

Zagueiros: Marquinhos (PSG); Jemerson (Monaco); Rodrigo Caio (São Paulo) e Lucas Veríssimo (Santos)

Volantes: Casemiro (Real Madrid); Fabinho (Monaco); Gustavo Blanco (Atlético Mineiro) e Walace (Hannover 96)

Meias: Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona); Arthur (Barcelona); Lucas Paquetá (Flamengo) e Rafinha (Barcelona)

Atacantes: Neymar (PSG); Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City); Vinicius Junior (Flamengo) e Douglas Costa (Juventus)

Gustavo Blanco is the player that went wrong the most, in 2022 he played for Vitória in Série C on loan from Atlético Mineiro. Even in 2018 it was absurd to consider him anywhere near NT level though.

One thing they got right is Firmino’s absence. They got Marcelo wrong and few back then expected Daniel Alves and Thiago Silva to remain in the squad for four more years. 

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

Alex Telles and Gabriel Jesus have been ruled out of the rest of the tournament after picking up injuries against Cameroon.

It’s funny how the Brazil staff was happy that there were no injuries just before the WC, but once the WC started, lots of players got injured…I wonder why so many injuries though.

Anyway, no Gabriel Jesus means Pedro is a bit more likely to play, so I won’t complain.

Edited by PMLF

South Korea played 11 WCs before finally playing against Brazil, but Brazil did play against North Korea though.

Now Paraguay holds the record, 8 WCs without having ever played against Brazil.

Likely lineup tomorrow:

Alisson, Éder Militão (or Daniel Alves), Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Danilo, Casemiro, Lucas Paquetá; Raphinha, Richarlison, Neymar, Vinícius Júnior

Should be enough to beat South Korea, probably not good enough to beat someone like France though.

1 minute ago, Coulthard's Jaw said:

Brazil need to get themselves in the Nations League, the lack of game time against top European opposition in between World Cups hurts them so much.

It would be good, but the players should know better though, since most of them play in Europe. 

But Brazil always get overrated, this 2022 team was said to be our best since the 2002 title…

Just now, PMLF said:

It would be good, but the players should know better though, since most of them play in Europe. 

But Brazil always get overrated, this 2022 team was said to be our best since the 2002 title…

2006 team was just as good, if not better than 2002. But there was no courage to bench Ronaldo and let Adriano play. Similar to this team, no balance. Too many forwards.

2010 was great, but Dunga had to know not to trust FenoMelo who sold against Netherlands.

2014 was a really poor team, barely got past Chile and Colombia.

2018 was decent I guess.

I don't think it's about playing against Europeans on regular basis. Whenever I watch your qualifiers, intensity is way higher than anything we have in Europe.

I'd say it's just down to mentality and coaching.

Argentina was even worse in wasting their golden generation with Pekerman and Maradona.

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

2006 team was just as good, if not better than 2002. But there was no courage to bench Ronaldo and let Adriano play. Similar to this team, no balance. Too many forwards.

2010 was great, but Dunga had to know not to trust FenoMelo who sold against Netherlands.

2014 was a really poor team, barely got past Chile and Colombia.

2018 was decent I guess.

I don't think it's about playing against Europeans on regular basis. Whenever I watch your qualifiers, intensity is way higher than anything we have in Europe.

I'd say it's just down to mentality and coaching.

Argentina was even worse in wasting their golden generation with Pekerman and Maradona.

Ronaldo turned up so overweight and unfit for 2006, it was shocking!