The Return of the Nordic Talent Collective : FM23 Edition

Hoarau

[bN5nysU.jpg

ZyqcKzb.png

And we're back! FM23 has given me a right kick up the back side and I feel refreshed for another foray into the madness of pixelated management, not only does FM23 feel great it is very much packed with some absolute gems this year... and nowhere more so than all of our favourite shopping destinations, yes you know it! you love it! you pillage teams for youngsters at a daylight robbery price! Of course, its the Nordic leagues!

Par with the course, a slight disclaimer is needed. I, like many others, tend not to play all in FM saves in England or even at "larger" clubs so a lot of these players may very well not be up to your usual standards. But for some people these players can prove very valuable within our squads, also I've decided not to just limit it to those whose nationality is from one of the above nations but anyone playing their football in the leagues above as there are a number of quality African and South American players who really are worth a look.

Also, as a caveat, there are a couple of players who may appear here who aren't exactly "bargains", we'll get to them very soon, there are now some players playing in the Nordic leagues who's talent are being recognised with respectable fees. I'm looking at the absolute wealth of knowledge that @Welshace @Ronaldo Beckham & @Jogo Bonito will bestow upon us.

I'll be using the below layout when i post players to try and give as much info as possible, if you feel there's anything i haven't included or obviously missed just let me know.

Player Name : 
Position : 

Value & Asking Price : 

**Will update once I can add screenshots, information etc**

Edited by Hoarau

First couple aren't exactly unknown but they really are personal favourites of mine, ill drop in some info and in game screens when I'm back from work tonight. 

Getty-Images-1232054844.webp

Player Name : Isak Johannsson Bergmann
Position : MC
Club : FCKobenhaven

Value : £8m

Asking Price : Unknown currently

isak.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getty-Images-1228774254.webp

Player Name : Mohammed Diomande
Position : AMC
Club : FC Nordsjaelland

Value : £3m

Asking Price : £4-£6m

moha.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aab-fch-478.jpg

Player Name : Tim Prica
Position : Striker
Club : AaB

Value : £3m

Asking Price : Under £5m

prica.png

Edited by Hoarau

1 hour ago, Hoarau said:

[bN5nysU.jpg

ZyqcKzb.png

And we're back! FM23 has given me a right kick up the back side and I feel refreshed for another foray into the madness of pixelated management, not only does FM23 feel great it is very much packed with some absolute gems this year... and nowhere more so than all of our favourite shopping destinations, yes you know it! you love it! you pillage teams for youngsters at a daylight robbery price! Of course, its the Nordic leagues!

Par with the course, a slight disclaimer is needed. I, like many others, tend not to play all in FM saves in England or even at "larger" clubs so a lot of these players may very well not be up to your usual standards. But for some people these players can prove very valuable within our squads, also I've decided not to just limit it to those whose nationality is from one of the above nations but anyone playing their football in the leagues above as there are a number of quality African and South American players who really are worth a look.

Also, as a caveat, there are a couple of players who may appear here who aren't exactly "bargains", we'll get to them very soon, there are now some players playing in the Nordic leagues who's talent are being recognised with respectable fees. I'm looking at the absolute wealth of knowledge that @Welshace @Ronaldo Beckham & @Jogo Bonito will bestow upon us.

I'll be using the below layout when i post players to try and give as much info as possible, if you feel there's anything i haven't included or obviously missed just let me know.

Player Name : 
Position : 

Value & Asking Price : 

**Will update once I can add screenshots, information etc**

I appreciate you mentioning me buddy but Jogo and Welshace are way more knowledgable then me.

I will try post some Scandinavian talents on here when I see them spring up.

I can start with this player I have in my Nottingham Forest team 3 seasons in.

Victor Kristiansen - 20 Year Old Danish Left Back

image.thumb.png.69dc0c2b957257fdae7df0e9d3b46e7e.png

image.thumb.png.1e6f67072b99cd344d03f134701cd136.png

I signed him from FC Kobenhavn for £7.25m and has played very well for me.

You could probably get him a bit cheaper then I paid if you wanted to haggle.

Benie Traore - 20 Year Ivory Coast Winger

image.thumb.png.6bd8813da55e87147f23a36f7970548f.png

image.thumb.png.4d6e5d4208e951a7001c7ff220ec5a15.png

A bargain player who I signed for £5.5m but you can get him at the start of the game for as low as £400k.

Mohammed Diomande - 21 Year Ivory Coast Winger

image.thumb.png.4c63433e56ee75e17d285626659f1072.png

image.thumb.png.772ce899ef5ee9e1a743dd4015ae917c.png

Probably already mentioned in other threads but everyone should sign Mohammed Diomande who is an awesome winger. 

I managed to get him for £6m but you can probably sign him for less at the start of the game.

Hi guys, haven't found a whole lot in Scandy this time around... but here's a few that i have so far...

wrEDhsH.png

Hakon here is just so well rounded out for his age... that determination and flair, teamwork and workrate .. so good..

QGPlVnw.png

Hjalmar .. great CB and a model citizen .. should be great...

EXci5Ap.png

Datro .. i'm sure everyone knows about this fella by now.. but he really is a superstar in the making...  I guarantee they will score goals for fun..

jexmimf.png

Same as Nagalo here... superstar you will see everyon pick up this year i think...

HsnbIUh.png

For completeness, some of the Nordic league's biggest prospects have been mentioned in the 'Hidden Gems' thread - Schjelderup, Vetlesen, Bergvall - whilst some of the region's finest following the final FM22 DB patch - Bardghji, Gulliksen, Finndell, Ronning - all look unchanged (I think?).

Of those boosted in FM23 and not covered elsewhere, Kurtulus looks a solid centre back:

kurtulus.thumb.PNG.a1617c15135bd60cf5d0ccdcd7497169.PNG

Molde's Anders Borset looks a good prospect for a left-sided ball-playing centre back:

image.thumb.png.f473388fb960783d6c66e70acce8818f.png

Not sure if he's eligible being as he's not playing in the region anymore but Luka Hyrylainen in Hoffenheim's u19s looks very interesting although he does start the game with a long-term injury:

hyrylainen.thumb.PNG.37213f03c53b235ac65dd2d20ed825ac.PNG

Think there are a few random attributes involved here but Brondby's boy wonder Oscar Schwartau looks a talent - recently became the youngest player in Danish Superliga history and 2nd youngest goalscorer IRL. Certainly looks to have high CA for his age and given his exploits, you'd suspect decent PA to match.

image.thumb.png.56d1b354112ee6408074e13a09ab608d.png

I haven't had a good Scandi save since Fredrikstad on FM17 or 18, so I started on day 1 of the beta with Elfsborg. We don't really have anyone who is a real top talent, but there are one or two who could be decent Championship/lower PL level players. The screenshots are all from August 2024.

image.png.db9aa8a818960388440425332c7cff11.png

image.png.001d48eb302ceffe1f56374ee736cce1.png

image.png.76a8aa7ad6478376062c17b568942258.png

image.png.6d6097ce1fc0360becb70814db368096.png

And some I've brought in from other clubs:

Obviously Bergvall is quite well known, had to entice him here on loan to begin with but he's pretty much my best player already. 100k total loan fee and 190k transfer fee. I also signed his brother Theo.

image.png.d78222d1d1a8d9902754393a52f33c7f.png

Smajic came in from Landskrona for 300k

image.png.c53e2d6ab58b81d1837e0d73c1535075.png

Tsotidis joined for 250k from Djurgardens

image.png.2d67660c204daba7379c5ea65083ca53.png

Ondreijka started at the club but I lost him in this current transfer window for his low release clause of 1.4m. He had offers from the likes if Milan, Inter and Juventus but I like that he chose Spezia for a bigger role in the team.

image.png

Edited by nsd

Couple more that I like the look of, I'm trying to avoid the obvious and find some value deeper in these leagues. there guys aren't world class and all have their deficiencies. 

34a0633-3.jpg

Player Name : James Gomez
Position : DC
Club :  AC Horsens
Value/Asking Price : £1m - £2m

gomez.png

A solid young defender, decent starting physical and mental stats with plenty of room to develop I think. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bilal-hussein-succe.png

Player Name : Bilal Hussein
Position : MC
Club : AIK
Value/Asking Price : £700k - £1.5m

hussein.png

Nice balance of stats, very silky midfielder would could dictate a game up to a certain level. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lsk-ogbu.jpg

Player Name : Igoh Ogbu
Club : Lillestrom
Value/Asking Price : £2.3m - £ 4m

ogbu.png

4dc11ba9-77d6-4c9e-9f55-06c8be778df4-14-

Player Name : Yann-Aurel Bisseck
Club : AGF
Value/Asking Price : £600k - £6m

bisseck.png

22 minutes ago, Hoarau said:

Couple more that I like the look of, I'm trying to avoid the obvious and find some value deeper in these leagues. there guys aren't world class and all have their deficiencies. 

34a0633-3.jpg

Player Name : James Gomez
Club :  AC Horsens
Value/Asking Price : £1m - £2m

gomez.png

A solid young defender, decent starting physical and mental stats with plenty of room to develop I think. 

My scouts at Elfsborg can't get enough of Gomez, and another young CB, Robin Tihi:

image.png.490d0a43b5dd4fdc96e96b178913af14.png

Don’t have any screenshots but Lovik (can play left and right back for sure and both footed) and Bakke are solid players from Molde.  I’ve got Lovik on loan and had Bakke last season on my Velje save.  Thomas Gundeland from Velje has really good stats and plenty of potential but has been inconsistent, he’s a right back.  Aldulazeez from Mjallby is a decent striker, very good pace and strength and has scored 6 in his first 2 games lol.  Johannesson left for Chelsea for up to £35 mil in Feb 2024 and Schjelderup went to Bayern for a decent sum but nowhere near what it should have been at the start of season 2.

Edited by michael_hughes

Been trying to deep dive into what the Nordic leagues has to offer this year before i start my main saves, now that the full game has released I may have to create my own shortlists of all these players as there's some great wee players popping up in this thread. Here's my offerings for today :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ayari.jpg

Player Name : Yasin Ayari
Position : MC
Club : AIK
Value/Asking Price : Maybe £1.5m depending on negotiations

ayari.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bundgaard.jpg

Player Name : Filip Bungaard
Position : AMC/STK
Club : Randers
Value/Asking Price : £2m-£3m

bundgaard.png

I really like this lad, only 18 and already stacked stat wise for some of the leagues i play in. He's wanted by some big sides already so there's obviously something there. 

liimatta.webp

Player Name : Otso Liimatta
Position : MC/AMC
Club : AC Oulu
Value/Asking Price : Under £1m

liimatta.png

mvuka.webp

Player Name : Joel Mvuka
Position : AMRL
Club : Bodo/Glimt
Value/Asking Price : £2m - £ 4m

mvuka.png

Love him! He's a wanted man though so be quick. Pace, skill, trickery...good with both feet? If you can work on his passing and crossing he could be a dangers little player. 

valdimarsson.jpg

Player Name : Hakon Rafn Vladimarsson
Position : GK
Club : Elfsborg
Value/Asking Price : Under £800k

vald.png

• 2 weeks later...

Brann have 4 youngsters with the right mental attributes. They are:

Aune Heggebø (a spirited target man)

Niklas Jensen Wassberg (a driven mezzala)

David Møller Wolfe (a classic 180 cm tall Norwegian leftback with no glaring weaknesses)

Mikal Berg Kvinge (a fairly determined classic winger).

Niklas Jensen Wassberg is probably my favourite out of the four. He becomes immense in the Norwegian leagues, and is doing quite well in the Champions League. The game lists him as right-footed, but in reality he is leftfooted. If you ever see this guy play IRL you will fall in love with him.

Their PA are random, so you will have to be max lucky to get the best out of them. I wouldn't rule out that they could eventually be good enough as a rotation option for a low/midlevel PL team. If anyone bring these players in I would love to know how they get on.

With Brann being at the 2nd tier of Norwegian football in the game, it should be easy to snatch these players for a low price. 

• 3 weeks later...

Started a save with Stabaek, quite well known for good youth setup and scouting i think, in the 2nd norwegian tier and they have a couple really good looking options, prospects as well as quality options for right now:

StabaekOrban.thumb.JPG.01c963020652ee619e4f2d936a737590.JPG

Guy is a cheat code at this level and would likely do a job at, say, championship level as well. Not perfect of course but intriguing definitely.

StabaekGelmuyden.thumb.JPG.00b6984235210316f130b1763f26ad53.JPG

Propably the highest ceiling of the bunch.

StabaekKrogstad.thumb.JPG.e16d7d3e868ef421b4d6776992ef6ade.JPG

Just a very solid B2B type midfielder, love the teamwork/WR/Stamina trifecta.

StabaekNaess.thumb.JPG.900784bfed91c295225aa4ef808fe3fa.JPG

Solid Ballplaying defender/defensive midfielder. IIRC was a hot FM prospect (at Stabaek then as well) a long while back, definitely recognized the name

StabaekOttesen.thumb.JPG.cf071f49220941febcd31d119d8a46f0.JPG

Low dribbling might put some off, but in a Fullback role he's going to be a great option for many first division clubs around Europe.

Some more prospects, which will likely have wildly varying potential:

StabaekKostadinov.thumb.JPG.aeab3819cd8914f7b919fa10fe2d04cc.JPG

StabaekAndresen.thumb.JPG.af75d89173c9d101b7303eaf25bdfd7a.JPG

StabaekHammich.thumb.JPG.6898b9df5f8efff9f60a6d193bf4dd01.JPG