FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

On 01/10/2023 at 20:00, ThanatosAFC said:

Wonder how you lineup the team with so many class midfielders.

think in game the issue will be if you play with a DM. who will best fit the role as most are suited to a CM role, can only see Endo being a pure DM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I’d pop on here for no other reason other than to say how much I’m looking forward to the new game. Some of the improvements and new features look really good. 

As usual I ran out of steam/interest in my previous game around season 5 and haven’t played it since May I reckon despite having the best crop of youngsters I’ve ever had in any game. I had at least 3 potential world beaters. But I always lose interest after a while, plus it was Summer!

Looking forward to managing this new Liverpool team with the new midfielders and working how to get the best out of them, combined with the improvements around use of full backs etc it should be really interesting!!

On 30/05/2023 at 18:15, guruhd said:

I haven't been on here for a while, but I've still been playing the original game I started and I've just finished my 6th season and intend to continue.  This is the furthest I have taken a game, I normally get bored after 4 seasons so but I'm still enjoying this game.

Main reason for this is due to a few of the youth intakes I had in my first few seasons, and the challenge of trying to bring these players through, which I've gradually been able to do.  I wouldn't say any are first choice starters still, but they are certainly contributing plenty now.  One of them just won me the Champions League final, coming off the bench to score 2 goals.  Youth intakes the last few years have been a little sparser but I can't complain!!

Original Liverpool players I still have are Alisson TAA Konate Bacjetic and Nunez ( I also have Gakpo who I got on a free after season 4)

Posted below a picture of my current squad, plus my 3 best regens who have come through from the youth team.

Squad1.png

2.png

Louis Waterhouse.png

Sam King.png

Ross McAuley.png

RIP to these 3 guys. I love you lads. Onto FM24. 

On 14/10/2023 at 09:44, guruhd said:

Just thought I’d pop on here for no other reason other than to say how much I’m looking forward to the new game. Some of the improvements and new features look really good. 

As usual I ran out of steam/interest in my previous game around season 5 and haven’t played it since May I reckon despite having the best crop of youngsters I’ve ever had in any game. I had at least 3 potential world beaters. But I always lose interest after a while, plus it was Summer!

Looking forward to managing this new Liverpool team with the new midfielders and working how to get the best out of them, combined with the improvements around use of full backs etc it should be really interesting!!

yeah i'm liking the new updates for FM24. looks far more rounded tactically now and the new set pieces will hopefully be good. plus the AI actually building squads should make it easier to get into a long term save. like you i lose interest 4-5 seasons in and then struggle to start again for anything more than 1 season runs

I won't be getting FM24 until the winter update as I've been playing Dead By Daylight non stop FM23 I haven't played much since March only done 5 seasons but looking at FM24 looks like a better game then the past FM games will still check on the FM24 Liverpool thread 

yeah the game looks really good. new positional play is really smooth so far which should help the tactics to fit better. no players running into the same space

squad wise we look well balanced, both Doak and Bajcetic look very good. Harvey is now a natural CM instead of an AMR

On 20/10/2023 at 19:20, Staf9 said:

yeah the game looks really good. new positional play is really smooth so far which should help the tactics to fit better. no players running into the same space

squad wise we look well balanced, both Doak and Bajcetic look very good. Harvey is now a natural CM instead of an AMR

I still can't work out whether to wait for the new look FM25 and miss this years version or to buy it....:seagull:

On 21/10/2023 at 11:24, jmc1980 said:

I still can't work out whether to wait for the new look FM25 and miss this years version or to buy it....:seagull:

well from what i've played on the game it looks very good. ME looks a lot better now. i always like playing the update to date version. new start types are good as well for being able to do something different

On 21/10/2023 at 11:24, jmc1980 said:

I second what @Staf9 has said. ME is a whole lot better. Movement, passing, actions etc are so much smoother. Tactical wise it offers so much more now than previous editions. I'm struggling to find some consistency at the moment, but then again I'm not currently managing Liverpool. Never do until the beta ends and all bugs etc have been ironed out.

45 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

I second what @Staf9 has said. ME is a whole lot better. Movement, passing, actions etc are so much smoother. Tactical wise it offers so much more now than previous editions. I'm struggling to find some consistency at the moment, but then again I'm not currently managing Liverpool. Never do until the beta ends and all bugs etc have been ironed out.

Same here. Desperate to get going but would rather wait for full version. In the meantime just been messing about a bit setting up some views, doing some scouting, working out the new set piece creator etc. Agree with others though it looks good, much improved from last couple of years. 

i always wait for full release to start a save. just use Beta to see about player shortlists, tactics and now the new set piece creator. looks really good. 

squad wise so far i think Quansah and Chambers look useful enough to be good squad options especially to boost HG status. 

FM24 does indeed seem to be the best version so far. Lots of good updates and changes.

Not played much tho, just setting shortlists, tactics etc up for release, theres usually a day 1 data update so im guessing there will be for FM24 also.

Looking at the squad, its looking good. Endo has surprisingly good stats so will get some good playime and hope to bed in Bajcetic as my main DM going forward.

Other than a CD, probably Benficas Antonio SIlva, and maybe Paquetta (love the fella) from West Ham i dont think i'll be buying any other main squad players unless i go crazy and sell some oldies ( can get 81m for Virgil which is tempting tbh....and ive seen others get 200m).

Edited by Siven

On 04/10/2023 at 11:39, Staf9 said:

think in game the issue will be if you play with a DM. who will best fit the role as most are suited to a CM role, can only see Endo being a pure DM

I'm playing with 2 DMs in a 4-2-3-1. Have been swapping Mac Allister, Endo and Bajcetic as DM(s) and Mac Allister, Gravenberch and Jones as RPM. Szobo/Elliott/Gakpo/Mac AM(s). Getting towards the end of September, and so far it's looking pretty good.

Will probably sell Jones and try to get a world class DM to lineup next to Mac as the RPM, but Bajcetic-Gravenberch looks like they easily can become my long-term DM partnership.

On 25/10/2023 at 14:55, Siven said:

FM24 does indeed seem to be the best version so far. Lots of good updates and changes.

Not played much tho, just setting shortlists, tactics etc up for release, theres usually a day 1 data update so im guessing there will be for FM24 also.

Looking at the squad, its looking good. Endo has surprisingly good stats so will get some good playime and hope to bed in Bajcetic as my main DM going forward.

Other than a CD, probably Benficas Antonio SIlva, and maybe Paquetta (love the fella) from West Ham i dont think i'll be buying any other main squad players unless i go crazy and sell some oldies ( can get 81m for Virgil which is tempting tbh....and ive seen others get 200m).

i dont think i'd sell Virgil early in the game. at the moment i plan i trying to get a decent fee for Joel and Kostas and target 1 of Jorrel Hato or Hincapie who can cover CB/LB in an inverted role and but Anel Ahmedhodzic as back up CB. after that my main target is getting Evan Ferguson in so i'll push to sell Jota for big money. 

I’m finding this game it’s easier to sell players. So far (without being transfer listed) matip went to Saudi for 30m (after I rejected their VVD approach) then Tiago to Saudi as well for 70m. Then……joe Gomez to arsenal for…….97m!!!! They offered 50m and I countered a silly 100m and then settled at 97m!! Stupid money! 

1 hour ago, gmulv said:

I’m finding this game it’s easier to sell players. So far (without being transfer listed) matip went to Saudi for 30m (after I rejected their VVD approach) then Tiago to Saudi as well for 70m. Then……joe Gomez to arsenal for…….97m!!!! They offered 50m and I countered a silly 100m and then settled at 97m!! Stupid money! 

Is that the first windows? also what world option, im just using the normal world.

1 hour ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Saudi's always come in for Van Dijk? Al Ittihad made a bid of £91 mil first season, that's crazy money.

i generally start with the window closed so i can only buy from January on but it might be a tough decision this time due to the money going from the SAudi clubs. 30m for Matip and potentially 70 for thiago is too good to turn down

49 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i generally start with the window closed so i can only buy from January on but it might be a tough decision this time due to the money going from the SAudi clubs. 30m for Matip and potentially 70 for thiago is too good to turn down

I think its a Jan and second window thing, as i went through pre season and only had an £80m offer for Virgil from Saudis. They are also short(for them!) on cash in the first window.

Ive seen Man utd folks saying they can sell Varane for 90-100m in Jan to Saudis.

Edited by Siven

11 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Saudi's always come in for Van Dijk? Al Ittihad made a bid of £91 mil first season, that's crazy money.

They came for him on mine too, but wouldn't offer more than 35m?! Crazy.

Haven't had any other Saudi bids, despite trying to flog Matip and Thiago. Both will leave on frees for me.

17 hours ago, Siven said:

Is that the first windows? also what world option, im just using the normal world.

It was the jan transfer window first season. Tiago went for just under 70m for a wage of 650k a week.

honestly I’m more gobsmacked by arsenals 97m for joe Gomez!! I snapped their hands off! I have scalvini on board so far to replace matip and am working on the replacement for Gomez!

2 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

They came for him on mine too, but wouldn't offer more than 35m?! Crazy.

Haven't had any other Saudi bids, despite trying to flog Matip and Thiago. Both will leave on frees for me.

PSG offered a contract to Thiago in January for me, offered to sell him now for £14m which they accepted, I have more than enough CM/DMs either way. Renewed Matip and sold him for £18m in January. Bought António Silva in the summer window, and he's now pretty much on the same level to Matip so don't really miss either one. That's the only players of note I've sold so far.

Got a bid for Van Dijk by the Saudis as well, but not before the january window and they only offered like £50m which isn't worth considering imo.

I think my first pre season is going to be very simple. 

Sort the staff out.

Renew the contracts of some youngsters with potential (Clark, Gordon) with value (Arroyo is worth a few mill now, hope to sell in another year or so). 

Try and sell anyone who has 1 year left so i at least make some money on them.

Buy Antonio Silva and maybe a youngster or 2.

Then in Jan try to sell Thiago and Matip.

Second season look for a backup RB unless Bradley looks like hes improving. Then see what else i may need.

45 minutes ago, Siven said:

I think my first pre season is going to be very simple. 

Sort the staff out.

Renew the contracts of some youngsters with potential (Clark, Gordon) with value (Arroyo is worth a few mill now, hope to sell in another year or so). 

Try and sell anyone who has 1 year left so i at least make some money on them.

Buy Antonio Silva and maybe a youngster or 2.

Then in Jan try to sell Thiago and Matip.

Second season look for a backup RB unless Bradley looks like hes improving. Then see what else i may need.

i was thinking that Gomez might be the perfect back up RB. gives you the HG player and can cover CB then. think i'll spend season 1 training him solely as RB.

4 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i was thinking that Gomez might be the perfect back up RB. gives you the HG player and can cover CB then. think i'll spend season 1 training him solely as RB.

I have converted endo to a back up right back! He is actually playing brilliantly there when asked!

Anyone managed to buy Evan Ferguson yet? I’m trying but they won’t budge from a 155m asking price! It may be because they don’t want to sell mid season so I’ll try again summer window.

ended up replacing Gomez with Ousmane diomande for 50m. It was a hard choice between him and Andre Silva but I think he just edges it! Only time will tell but he and scalvini look like they will be amazing for me in years to come!!

10 hours ago, gmulv said:

I have converted endo to a back up right back! He is actually playing brilliantly there when asked!

Which roles did you use for TAA and Endo, and how did you balance it with your LB? I did the same with Endo. TAA is my clear #1 with Gomez/Endo/Bajcetic all being able to play there as backup/rotation. Mostly had TAA as a IWB(s) and Endo/Baj/Gomez as IFB(d). Since all of my LBs (Tsimi, Robbo, Barco) are offensive, towards the tail end of the season I tried TAA as an IFB(d) with 'take more risks', 'cross more often' and 'cross from deep' which actually seemed to be quite decent as well.

Not sure how I'm going to play them for next season though, so looking for suggestions. Mostly played a 4-2-3-1 with 2 dms, but also tried moving the holding midfielders up to cm and have a 4-3-3 as my third tactic. All of them is more or less the vertical tiki-taka tactics with minimal changes.

I've started with my beloved LFC for the beta for a light hearted fun save...which I may continue once full version is out. 

Currently top by 8 points. Giving some youngsters minutes in Europa. 

Trying to keep it as realistic as IRL, managed to sign Andre for next season. Looking at Boey as a back up to Trent. Signed Inacio as we have been linked with him. 

Sold Thiago for 20m and Matip for 10m in December before they were free to agree pre contracts. 

Been given a hefty 114m to play with in January...now this is where it will get silly. Raphinha on loan as back up for Mo. Then looking at either Silva or Diomande.

Also short in DM, so thinking of bringing someone with experience who is slightly better than Endo, or just wait for Andre? Will give Bajcetic minutes off the bench to build him up. 

Any other options you'd suggest to spend the budget? 

5 hours ago, Tullekunstner said:

Which roles did you use for TAA and Endo, and how did you balance it with your LB? I did the same with Endo. TAA is my clear #1 with Gomez/Endo/Bajcetic all being able to play there as backup/rotation. Mostly had TAA as a IWB(s) and Endo/Baj/Gomez as IFB(d). Since all of my LBs (Tsimi, Robbo, Barco) are offensive, towards the tail end of the season I tried TAA as an IFB(d) with 'take more risks', 'cross more often' and 'cross from deep' which actually seemed to be quite decent as well.

Not sure how I'm going to play them for next season though, so looking for suggestions. Mostly played a 4-2-3-1 with 2 dms, but also tried moving the holding midfielders up to cm and have a 4-3-3 as my third tactic. All of them is more or less the vertical tiki-taka tactics with minimal changes.

I’m just using him as WB (support) same with Robbo. Both getting heaps of assists and a few goals too!

5 hours ago, Siven said:

I really really want to start my save, but theres usually a day 1 data update which im trying to wait for!

Its agony!

i'm the same. Beta is great for getting a look around but i can never start a proper save on it. 

9 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i'm the same. Beta is great for getting a look around but i can never start a proper save on it. 

Me too but I’m really enjoying this save! Doubt I could replicate my transfers again! Just signed Tammy Abraham for 9m as he was listed! Also been informed that my youth intake may be a golden generation which I have never had before. Unless there is a major update I think I will continue with this o e!

7 hours ago, gmulv said:

Me too but I’m really enjoying this save! Doubt I could replicate my transfers again! Just signed Tammy Abraham for 9m as he was listed! Also been informed that my youth intake may be a golden generation which I have never had before. Unless there is a major update I think I will continue with this o e!

if i was that far into a save i'd keep it going.

generally for me the first save on Fm is always the best one. you make mistakes, figure out how to fix tactical problems, make bad buys as well. 

Really enjoying this version tbh. Finished first season, won the league and Europa league.

Playing with a libero and inverted wing back has been a lot of fun, and quite successful too.

Since its a beta save and I want to have fun with it, sold Salah and VVD to Saudi for 185m and 74m, respectively. Trying to not go too nuts with the money, but also trying to focus on players I've not used in previous FMs.

Learning that there are not many elite AMRs available (just like IRL I guess).

10 hours ago, Siven said:

I hope Quansah gets a slight PA boost, either at release or Jan transfer update.

i think his PA is ok in game. if he hits the high end of it he wouldnt be far off konates current PA 

13 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Surprised there isn't a Liverpool thread for FM24 yet looking at some game play looks better then the previous FM versions can't wait for the winter update so I can start my long term save 

i might do it over the wknd if i get time. it wont be much of an opening post tho which might cause issue for a minority 

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i might do it over the wknd if i get time. it wont be much of an opening post tho which might cause issue for a minority 

A tiny minority. I just see it as somewhere to post progress and chat with and share ideas with others. A fancy opening post isn’t necessary. 

32 minutes ago, guruhd said:

A tiny minority. I just see it as somewhere to post progress and chat with and share ideas with others. A fancy opening post isn’t necessary. 

same as myself. people tend to post there tactics as they go along. 

i'll get it set up over the wknd and put up a bit about the youth worth developing