FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kopfan1977 said:

Last 2 test saves I've had with teams other than the mighty Reds they have purchased him both times. He's a Klopp type of player. Not had any experience of using him though sorry.

yeah just thinking of him as the long term Fabinho replacement. maybe even after season 1. has the stats for DM and as a captain 

4 hours ago, Staf9 said:

whats the thoughts on Declan Rice in game?

World class replacement for Fabinho/Hendo and future captain.

Bought him first season. Squad player for now. Gets plenty of games and a backup CD in emergencies.

Edited by Siven

On 20/11/2022 at 18:43, Staf9 said:

whats the thoughts on Declan Rice in game?

I've just bought him in the January 23 window for £77m. 

Want him as the Hendo/Fab replacement as others have mentioned. He's only started one or two games so far but definitely in contention to be the next captain too...

11 hours ago, A Double K said:

I've just bought him in the January 23 window for £77m. 

Want him as the Hendo/Fab replacement as others have mentioned. He's only started one or two games so far but definitely in contention to be the next captain too...

yeah i think i might go for him. started a new save and going to try and avoid buying up loads of potential wonderkids and just balance out the buys. Rice and Bellingham as the main midfield targets for long term. would still like caceido but not sure how i would fit those 3 into a midfield as i want Bellingham as a B2B 

I've just finished my first season. Won the league by 7 points from Man Utd, and beat Man City in the Champions League final 2-1 after extra time. Bobby coming off the bench and scoring in the 119 minute on his last appearance for the club was nice. Going to Real Madrid on a free.

Signed Rice on the last day of the January transfer window for about £85m, and just signed Bellingham for £105m at the end of the season. Signed Alex Scott, the Norwegian wonder kid fella and Mikel Marino in Jan also.  Marino was only £4.5 and was excellent, shame he's being ousted already by Jude haha.

Spending £190m on 2 players means I might have to balance the books a little by selling someone. Gomez has fell out with me as I haven't played him in his preferred position (Ball playing CB) and Madrid are interested. Would rather keep him for his versatility. 

Nunez was better than expected and will only get better, 34 goals for him and about 30 for Salah.

Season 2 won the league again by 8pts same as last season also got both the league & Fa cups lots in the q/f of the champions league smashed by Bayern season 3 Henderson left as he wouldnt renew his contract sold Jota to Real Madrid signed Devine from Spurs & Enzo Frenandez so far Darwain is a worry goal machine but has had lots of injuries got a broken foot in pre season out for 4 months goal is to win the champions league 

developing a massive dislike to Haaland in this save. into January in season 1 of new save and 2nd to a relentless city side, haaland has 48 goals already. Nunez has been amazing for me with 35 goals so far but Haaland is just unreal

still tweaking tactics as we've lost a few silly games included our FA cup match against Everton which came straight after a defeat to united. struggling to keep clean sheets

16 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

Any suggestions for back up left backs?

I love Kostas IRL but he's just not doing a job for me in this. In second season.

always like josh Tymon from Stoke as back up LB. wont cost much, HG status and decent stats 

Just got my youth intake in the first season and have got three 5 star potential players. I’ve been lucky in previous games to even get a 4 star player so I’m chuffed with this. You can already see their potential with some decent mental and physical stats. All 3 of them have 17+ determination. 

Anyone else been seeing similar intakes or have I just got really lucky?

1 minute ago, guruhd said:

Just got my youth intake in the first season and have got three 5 star potential players. I’ve been lucky in previous games to even get a 4 star player so I’m chuffed with this. You can already see their potential with some decent mental and physical stats. All 3 of them have 17+ determination. 

Anyone else been seeing similar intakes or have I just got really lucky?

yeah i got 3  the same with one a LB  good enough to be back up

into April of season 1, still 4 points behind City after 29 games. Haaland is killing me. 50PL goals and 73 overall. never seen an AI controlled player hit numbers like that before. 

we've won the League Cup beating city in the final and into the quarter final of the CL against Bayern. will be tough to add either trophy. 

had my Youth intake and managed to get 1 player who looks a top prospect and a couple of 4 stars rated players to develope

16 hours ago, Staf9 said:

into April of season 1, still 4 points behind City after 29 games. Haaland is killing me. 50PL goals and 73 overall. never seen an AI controlled player hit numbers like that before. 

we've won the League Cup beating city in the final and into the quarter final of the CL against Bayern. will be tough to add either trophy. 

had my Youth intake and managed to get 1 player who looks a top prospect and a couple of 4 stars rated players to develope

we've managed to peg city back after then lost 1 and drew 1 and then we drew with them in our last league game 2-2. so with 2 games of the league to go we are now 1 point ahead with Leeds (a) and Fulham (H) left to go. 

we've beaten Bayern in the CL quarters and then Napoli in the semis and have City in the final. can see us getting the league and probably losing the CL to them but we have managed to beat them in the LC cup final and the Community Shield so still hopeful

8 hours ago, Staf9 said:

we've managed to peg city back after then lost 1 and drew 1 and then we drew with them in our last league game 2-2. so with 2 games of the league to go we are now 1 point ahead with Leeds (a) and Fulham (H) left to go. 

we've beaten Bayern in the CL quarters and then Napoli in the semis and have City in the final. can see us getting the league and probably losing the CL to them but we have managed to beat them in the LC cup final and the Community Shield so still hopeful

Gutted, after having to go on a massive run of wins to keep up with city and then get ahead of them we fell at the 2nd last hurdle and drew away to leeds. sadly we couldnt get a bit of luck on the final day despite beating Fulham as city won to pip us to the league by 1 point ( a regular occurance lately)

onto the CL final now to get revenge against city

season 1 review

image.thumb.png.e97d4fe5c0a9936fbf5d1fe2ad1a83df.png

Premier league  2nd place finish, 1 point off city. sadly the draw against leeds killed us after what was a great run of games to get us ahead of city

image.thumb.png.3bc535dcdf4b6109ac760ebedffb932b.png

Chamopins league WINNERS after beating city in the final 

image.thumb.png.fdd813e1655f1bdeea1da34a09d68a34.png

and finally league cup WINNERS. really impressive win considering the run we had in it

Finished first season. Won everything bar the Carabao Cup. 

Haaland as others have mentioned is unreal. 45 goals in 35 apps in the league. Nunez did well for me getting 28 in 31 apps in the league and 37 in 45 overall. 

Wanting to get rid of some of the older players and replenish with some youth. I went a little bit crazy in the transfer market and have lots of players I need to try and fit in. So will be sending out a few on loan. ..

I always struggle in the transfer windows because there's too many options and I want them all!! City bid £155m for Leao which was rejected! 

Want to get rid of Thiago but not sure anyone wants him on his big wages...

1 hour ago, A Double K said:

Finished first season. Won everything bar the Carabao Cup. 

Haaland as others have mentioned is unreal. 45 goals in 35 apps in the league. Nunez did well for me getting 28 in 31 apps in the league and 37 in 45 overall. 

Wanting to get rid of some of the older players and replenish with some youth. I went a little bit crazy in the transfer market and have lots of players I need to try and fit in. So will be sending out a few on loan. ..

I always struggle in the transfer windows because there's too many options and I want them all!! City bid £155m for Leao which was rejected! 

Want to get rid of Thiago but not sure anyone wants him on his big wages...

i'm the same when it comes to transfers in the first 2 windows. go overboard buying and then have too many players. 

i've gotten 29m from barca for Thiago after season 1. took it as i want to drop his high wage. Also had Konate look for a new contract, wouldnt agree to anything under 200k a week so he handed in a transfer request. so i had no choice but to sell him. he moved to Moaco but is now only on 115k a week!!

15 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i'm the same when it comes to transfers in the first 2 windows. go overboard buying and then have too many players. 

i've gotten 29m from barca for Thiago after season 1. took it as i want to drop his high wage. Also had Konate look for a new contract, wouldnt agree to anything under 200k a week so he handed in a transfer request. so i had no choice but to sell him. he moved to Moaco but is now only on 115k a week!!

I’m the opposite of this. Hate selling our current players and getting loads of new players in. I feel like I’m doing the dirty on them.

Especially my real life faves. It’s going to hurt letting the Ox go. 🙁

Edited by guruhd

On 01/12/2022 at 12:20, guruhd said:

I’m the opposite of this. Hate selling our current players and getting loads of new players in. I feel like I’m doing the dirty on them.

Especially my real life faves. It’s going to hurt letting the Ox go. 🙁

i dont mind selling certain players. like i feel IRL we should be binning Ox & naby due to the amount of games they miss. i feel Milner should be gone after this season anyway aswell. as for Bobby if he was playing well and scoring for me in the game i would extend his deal but it just didnt happen. IRL i would probably give him a 2 year deal just to save us having to look for a forward this summer as we need to concentrate on the Midfield

Season 3 done 

Won the premier league by 19 also won the Fa cup was R/u in the league cup & Champions league (Damn Real Madrid) hopefull season 4 Matip & Diaz wants to leave so have no choice though i rather have kept Diaz 

Just finished the last game of my first season, beating Madrid 3-2 in the CL final to complete the quadruple. There were some nervy moments, them and Tottenham both brought it to 1 goal after I was up 3 but we saw it out. Far more interestingly to me is that Haaland is doing so much worse on my game then he seems to be on everyone elses, 29 in 31 in the league and 42 in all competitions which... it's good, yes, but Nunez had 28 in 29 with 3 more assists and 47 total in a team that is presumably far less loaded towards giving him chances given De Bruyne and Grealish were the only other 10+ City players in all competitions while Jota and Salah got 19 and 17 in the league alone. Speaking of Salah, he broke the assists record. Started the season with a kinda conservative 433 Gegenpress however in the second half I used a 424 to absolutely blow teams away, which leaves me with the slight problem of Elliott doing bad whenever he plays in it but it's not like that's the worst problem to have.

On 04/12/2022 at 04:13, aaaawren said:

Just finished the last game of my first season, beating Madrid 3-2 in the CL final to complete the quadruple. There were some nervy moments, them and Tottenham both brought it to 1 goal after I was up 3 but we saw it out. Far more interestingly to me is that Haaland is doing so much worse on my game then he seems to be on everyone elses, 29 in 31 in the league and 42 in all competitions which... it's good, yes, but Nunez had 28 in 29 with 3 more assists and 47 total in a team that is presumably far less loaded towards giving him chances given De Bruyne and Grealish were the only other 10+ City players in all competitions while Jota and Salah got 19 and 17 in the league alone. Speaking of Salah, he broke the assists record. Started the season with a kinda conservative 433 Gegenpress however in the second half I used a 424 to absolutely blow teams away, which leaves me with the slight problem of Elliott doing bad whenever he plays in it but it's not like that's the worst problem to have.

just on that Elliott comment. wondering if anyone has gotten the best out of him. struggling to find a role for him most times. not quite quick enough to replace Salah and not naturally fit enough for a CM role

5 hours ago, Staf9 said:

just on that Elliott comment. wondering if anyone has gotten the best out of him. struggling to find a role for him most times. not quite quick enough to replace Salah and not naturally fit enough for a CM role

Already posted this on Nov 1st: 

"I like Harvey Elliot for the AMC position in a 4-2-3-1. We never really replaced Coutinho, who often filled that role. When you look at two of his PPMs - "comes deep to get ball" and "tries killer balls often" - those are intriguing traits for the AMC position. That's not to say he can't do a decent job as an inverted winger in the AMR position, but I feel he's too slow for a wide player in my direct counter-attack setup. I've had surprisingly decent performances from Curtis Jones in the AMC position, but I feel Elliot can take it one step further. "

I guess you put me on ignore after I called you out for the criminal opening post?

1 hour ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

Already posted this on Nov 1st: 

"I like Harvey Elliot for the AMC position in a 4-2-3-1. We never really replaced Coutinho, who often filled that role. When you look at two of his PPMs - "comes deep to get ball" and "tries killer balls often" - those are intriguing traits for the AMC position. That's not to say he can't do a decent job as an inverted winger in the AMR position, but I feel he's too slow for a wide player in my direct counter-attack setup. I've had surprisingly decent performances from Curtis Jones in the AMC position, but I feel Elliot can take it one step further. "

I guess you put me on ignore after I called you out for the criminal opening post?

lad have i p!ssed on your cornflakes or done something else on you that no one is aware of. you're only contribution to the thread is to moan about it.  there was no rush to set this thread up to beat others to it, check the FM22 thread and you will see no others came forward to set up the thread. you have been responded to about it enough times and challenged to set up your own thread ( i will happily contribute ) but as usual you go quiet and only arrive back to criticize. no wonder your post was ignored  

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

lad have i p!ssed on your cornflakes or done something else on you that no one is aware of. you're only contribution to the thread is to moan about it.  there was no rush to set this thread up to beat others to it, check the FM22 thread and you will see no others came forward to set up the thread. you have been responded to about it enough times and challenged to set up your own thread ( i will happily contribute ) but as usual you go quiet and only arrive back to criticize. no wonder your post was ignored  

I must have missed the part where this thread stopped being about Liverpool on FM and became an English essay. Note to self, if I want to ask about how other people are using players, I MUST remember to read through over a month's worth of posts, just in case someone has already posted about said player. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the post in question a week before the full game release?

Seriously though, carry on posting as you are mate. Personally, I haven't really got into a save yet as I have been working on a database expansion and a bit of skinning. However, as far as Elliott goes, I would be inclined to play him in a fairly static role given his lack of stamina and acceleration. My position of choice would be a deep lying playmaker at CM to try and utilise his passing and vision, without getting him to run around as much.

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I must have missed the part where this thread stopped being about Liverpool on FM and became an English essay. Note to self, if I want to ask about how other people are using players, I MUST remember to read through over a month's worth of posts, just in case someone has already posted about said player. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the post in question a week before the full game release?

Seriously though, carry on posting as you are mate. Personally, I haven't really got into a save yet as I have been working on a database expansion and a bit of skinning. However, as far as Elliott goes, I would be inclined to play him in a fairly static role given his lack of stamina and acceleration. My position of choice would be a deep lying playmaker at CM to try and utilise his passing and vision, without getting him to run around as much.

yeah i was thinking of trying him s a Trequartista in the AML when i use him, see how that suits him. its an awkward one as i really want to get a tactic in place where i get good use of him as i wont sell him

starting again for a third time. havent gotten into a second season proper yet

23 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

yeah i was thinking of trying him s a Trequartista in the AML when i use him, see how that suits him. its an awkward one as i really want to get a tactic in place where i get good use of him as i wont sell him

starting again for a third time. havent gotten into a second season proper yet

Am I right in thinking that an Enganche is a fairly static role?

13 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Am I right in thinking that an Enganche is a fairly static role?

as a number 10 in a 4231 that probably would suit him best. i want to keep my 433 formation. might have to tweak that a bit more. maybe have no DM and just have the central CM as DLP defend and 2 mezz supports either side. 

28 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

as a number 10 in a 4231 that probably would suit him best. i want to keep my 433 formation. might have to tweak that a bit more. maybe have no DM and just have the central CM as DLP defend and 2 mezz supports either side. 

I don't know who you are playing as your CM at present, but I have found that I can get decent performances from a DLP(s) occupying one of the 2 CM slots in my 433 using an injury prone player with low fitness. Not that I am implying Elliott is injury prone, but it would allow you to keep your 433.

5 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I don't know who you are playing as your CM at present, but I have found that I can get decent performances from a DLP(s) occupying one of the 2 CM slots in my 433 using an injury prone player with low fitness. Not that I am implying Elliott is injury prone, but it would allow you to keep your 433.

usually play DM Defend and then 2 Cm's as DLP Support and AP Attack

10 hours ago, Staf9 said:

usually play DM Defend and then 2 Cm's as DLP Support and AP Attack

My setup is a DM(d), DLP(s) as the left CM and a Mez(a) as the right. When I get round to starting a proper Liverpool save, I'm looking at Elliott for the DLP role.

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

My setup is a DM(d), DLP(s) as the left CM and a Mez(a) as the right. When I get round to starting a proper Liverpool save, I'm looking at Elliott for the DLP role.

That’s the same way I set up and I have used him in the Mezzala role fairly successfully. Him and Jones pretty much shared the role. I don’t see him as a Deep Lying Playmaker. 

On 05/12/2022 at 09:46, Staf9 said:

Mezzala in a 433/4123.

I'd personally go with Harvey in a AMC role on support sitting in behind 2 strikers but that would mean 4-1-2-1-2 diamond probably which isn't likely for you. I haven't been able to get into a Liverpool save after my one season in the Beta. But like others I struggled to find somewhere to fit him in. I did try him at CM on occasions but I like someone in there with a bit more strength and energy for the role.

Season 4 didn’t win much just the league & Comm shield season 5 will be a rebuilding year Thiago left on free transfer & VVD went to Juventus Fabinho wants to leave Salah scored 40 goals in all comps as a 34 year old Darwain equaled Rushs record of 47 goals my goal in season 5 is to win the champions league only trophy I’ve yet to win 

50 minutes ago, glenn28 said:

Season 4 didn’t win much just the league & Comm shield season 5 will be a rebuilding year Thiago left on free transfer & VVD went to Juventus Fabinho wants to leave Salah scored 40 goals in all comps as a 34 year old Darwain equaled Rushs record of 47 goals my goal in season 5 is to win the champions league only trophy I’ve yet to win 

Would be interesting to see your squad after the rebuild.

One thing I'm struggling with this year is signing young players (like <17 years old). They never have any interest in signing even though I am the biggest club in Europe.

I can't tell if it's a bug or not, but every decent regen I find has no interest in signing for me.

On 12/12/2022 at 04:39, BoobyBlah said:

One thing I'm struggling with this year is signing young players (like <17 years old). They never have any interest in signing even though I am the biggest club in Europe.

I can't tell if it's a bug or not, but every decent regen I find has no interest in signing for me.

check when they show as having signed their contract. if they are a new regen then they wont want to agree to a move