The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way to get rid of minimum fee release clauses when the agent makes it non negotiable? I keep offering contracts and about 50% of the time this is a non-negotiable, and then the player gets upset I have not offered a contract!

Edit: also, image.png.a2669d9b80e9cded1a30f1934282cace.png :)

Edited by russ the womble

Just now, russ the womble said:

Is there any way to get rid of minimum fee release clauses when the agent makes it non negotiable? I keep offering contracts and about 50% of the time this is a non-negotiable, and then the player gets upset I have not offered a contract!

If you leave the negotiation and advance a day, when you click the contract tab an option is there to speak to the agent. One of the options on there is to ask to agent to come back to the table but without unreasonable requests, 9 times out of 10 that will allow you to negotiate again without a locked in release clause.

The only time I've seen it not work is if the player wasn't overly interested in the initial negotiations, in which case they'll refuse to come back and talk.

31 minutes ago, officiallydeej said:

If you leave the negotiation and advance a day, when you click the contract tab an option is there to speak to the agent. One of the options on there is to ask to agent to come back to the table but without unreasonable requests, 9 times out of 10 that will allow you to negotiate again without a locked in release clause.

The only time I've seen it not work is if the player wasn't overly interested in the initial negotiations, in which case they'll refuse to come back and talk.

Thanks - I saw this come up one time before but wasn't sure how it is triggered as since then it hadn't appeared. Is it generally the day after that it appears?

@russ the womble For me I usually just have to continue once after the meeting (ensuring the game progress not just moves to the news screen or inbox) and the option is there. I think if you wait too long the option disappears as the game assumes that round of negotiations to be over and the player just moves to unwilling to talk as recent talks broke down.

@russ the womble other trick is to let your DOF start the negotiations. If he can make a deal with the player if you go in to change the deal nothing will be locked. Be aware if you remove the fee release clauses you'll have to juice the wages so the agent will accept it. A couple times too I've had them add new awful clauses as well that weren't there initially, so its perhaps more of a gamble. I think both strategies are impacted by how much the agent likes/dislikes you, as agents that hate you will refuse to restart talks sometimes.

9 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

@russ the womble other trick is to let your DOF start the negotiations. If he can make a deal with the player if you go in to change the deal nothing will be locked. Be aware if you remove the fee release clauses you'll have to juice the wages so the agent will accept it. A couple times too I've had them add new awful clauses as well that weren't there initially, so its perhaps more of a gamble. I think both strategies are impacted by how much the agent likes/dislikes you, as agents that hate you will refuse to restart talks sometimes.

Useful trick, thanks! Will revert to that if needed otherwise will talk to the agent.

14 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Ok, I just lost at home.  By the odd goal.  What an extraordinary game.  Look at the xG!  I think it is safe to say the goalkeepers had a nightmare.  I lost 7-8!

tecIS0j.png

When both teams are playing rush-goalie

15 hours ago, P O\'D said:

Quick question as I'm unsure on the rules, seeing Belgium wasn't completed I decided to give it a try despite the bug and this happened.  I imagine Lokeren is against the spirit of the challenge?

Lucky.PNG.f5d66d422133b427b3c6fc7b38e70f8c.PNG

Not against the rules but keep in mind that Belgium is bugged with financial issues. Si is working om it. 

3 hours ago, russ the womble said:

Edit: also, image.png.a2669d9b80e9cded1a30f1934282cace.png :)

If you talk to the agent, and then ask "please don't make anything non-negotiable" that often make it removeable, I've found. Not 100%, but quite often.

Hello,

I am new around, and not very experienced with FM series, but I love Challenges. 
I'll start with Romania as I see there's no completion on the list for it.

My Team:
image.png.62fb7d04a0674a3a15b1ae09cb26d311.png

My players, including 2nd team(else I don't have a first 11)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bc51c4dc273f9bf9f24efd1cb8de6adc.png

And my profile as a coach:

Spoiler

9iNofJgKg8gr-oY3EbMf1wueMopX2NVh-FRoj1heS7hCZR7TZKV3p9uN7SWvMiNmY2P8j3PvCjBsNic3RHv9KcMhiAOUgmWNidG2eg5-bwl3_GAuxLK5pnLeWJk4OirYtMfjDfXJh0-hL9eCI7VwZUo

And not much more, just the normal welcome

Spoiler

aGj_iFjoLa0vNDB7o12UHYP87xg6SPaL4TX5oXlNFFGRQXUdSc06gwlljPsMRkRu26R9Ft6F6A923VOxvqZcPnVvGFIvH38C74vE_RJ_bDMl4kA-KHTghChft_4IPpINNcxJmfvhE3k2yDJh4ejoJnQ

FC_JJK_svg.png.b71c5c39f1117a1504467318339ac41e.png
Intake 2027 preview

Pfew, this is a bad looking preview, to be honest. I appointed Cato André Hansen as my new HoYD, as he looks like a decent HoYD. But this first preview doesn't look good. Hopefully the intake will be better then this!

Mhj1889.jpg

TWyiBHU.jpg

Levski made the Champions League knockouts last season which has absolutely skyrocketed our coefficient. Sadly for them they only finish third meaning they won't benefit and are going into the Conference League! Hopefully Ludogorets and Botev keep flying the Bulgarian flag in the UCL.

levski.png.49dcf8f766cd3f7591cf59ef036d2dff.png

23 minutos atrás, officiallydeej disse:

@The7Striker I don't think I'll be venturing out of Europe again any time soon :lol:

Sorry you lost your save, that sucks. Have you thought about where you might go next?

I might wait for the winter update. But maybe a top 5 league or something.

Brazil has alot of game tbh but you get some superb wonderkids

image.png.149c56eb77e5b0481a0212c7b9f8f528.png   image.png.7ec310d2c5dfb3826bd34afafbaff713.png

The Table

Spoiler

Another 2nd placed finish. We were top after ten but two bad sequences of results put us massively behind Hartberg in the end.

AC Wolfsberger are coming down from Bundesliga - hopefully in disarray and I can take the title next season. 

image.png.10e3ba1d7d27e55ab487cc53fabde3d4.png

The Team

Spoiler

A bit more goal shy this season, but still good ratings across most players

image.png.2fc18b71635f6af4b111f54ac6454afd.png

image.png.22354a88162c692058384e4c46239c93.png

The Talent

Spoiler

Not much stats progress from what I can see, but Fix is still the MVP. 

image.png.e25c5b17dce87a57379aeb82b85b452e.png

image.png.422966c64f02e8cc28fa86fceee7f37d.png

image.png.cb1ccd0c932bceff1ab7f371d2b51620.png

image.png.1b6cbac93c45882d7e4d51d09afa9c0a.png

image.png.6638173911f3d6e87193e8b1f3c151e5.png

image.png.ae05f5185a49bf61b00dcaaa01a0a0ce.png

The Stats

Spoiler

The Stats

image.png.77f0c8887eca8d09531b0641edbc59ad.png

Annoyingly I have told players to shoot less and they are still blasting it over from 20 yards out.

image.png.d0a8d77828472a7f747f3b2f64c39b6e.png

TSV Hartberg aside, we are quite well ahead of others on goal scoring, so hopefully bodes well for next season

image.png.5f26c077ab07e2b35bf62a87c5dd2a36.png

Defensively also in good shape

image.png.eedaf45069fd98063068cae020183bc3.png

The Bank

Spoiler

image.png.234dcb50a5e8cf1d13c59c3abb09ee33.png

The owners put a bit more cash into the business, which is nice.

Debt is coming down.. 

image.png.a4ce7e239480482f13a06909c332aeae.png

The Fans

Spoiler

image.png.3c0f6b9f92ae8c398aa59641dfd95f68.png

Overall a bit of a disappointing season but we're still at the right end of the table.

Big bump in attendances and STs this season!

image.png.ecd7fe8c90b840d993103b9c93ea07b9.png

Edited by russ the womble

@Weed07 excellent progress in N. Ireland. Well ahead of me! Just curious to see if theres much difference ability wise between a couple of your starting XI players and mine as I've struggled in the top flight and have a major issue with the number of goals I concede lol.

Edited by Libertine13
Grammar

Quick question, mostly looking for advice, so my Hoyd is fairly professional, I put up and advert and he was best I could find.  The youth intake I was super excited about.. well lots of terrible mentalities came though and the future superstar I thought I had has slack for his mentality therefor (after ruining his mentor group with no influence, cussing me out numerous times and making zero improvement) he's back in the u18's and probably getting thrown out of the club at the first possible chance.

Is there a solid way to find a hotd with better mentality bar post a job listing and pray?

50 minutes ago, P O\'D said:

Quick question, mostly looking for advice, so my Hoyd is fairly professional, I put up and advert and he was best I could find.  The youth intake I was super excited about.. well lots of terrible mentalities came though and the future superstar I thought I had has slack for his mentality therefor (after ruining his mentor group with no influence, cussing me out numerous times and making zero improvement) he's back in the u18's and probably getting thrown out of the club at the first possible chance.

Is there a solid way to find a hotd with better mentality bar post a job listing and pray?

You can do a staff search with a custom view that shows the rating, preferred formation, personality and playing style like I do (see below):

1259618772_HoYDSearch.thumb.png.bd56e9a48fc1952fbb6d406622af05f4.png

Also I believe  that it takes a number of intakes for the current HoYD to have an impact so you could have a model citizen HoYD in the first season but you probably won't see the full effects until a few intakes later.

8 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

image.png.2281192b13e85e3ecfd939f856641f6f.png    

XaW - Folkestone Invicta - Season 2024/25 (Season 2) - Vanarama National League South

5uS36io.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

I have a thread in the careers forum with monthly updates for this save in anyone is interested. :) 

Well this was a fun season! In a very close season it went down to the wire. Torquay, Bath, and us were within a few points before the final game. We had the easier match where we beat Gosport Borought while Bath lost to Worthing to clinch the title. So we are going up into the national league for the first time! I had a blast this season, and when it ended in success, and a very good youth intake, I can't complain!

I also managed to get a few more improvements accepted. No news on the new stadium though.

q5gK0B7.png

7hNMbcw.png

FA Cup: We beat Tiverton, Basingstoke Town, and Metropolitan Police before we lost to Wrexham in the 1st round.
FA Trophy: We beat Hampton & Richmond and Farnborough before we lost to Eastleigh in the 4th round.

U18s

5RYy4OT.png

They finished 6th in the National U18 League South East this season.

FA Youth Cup: They beat Corinthian-Casuals and Basingstoke Town before they lost to Yeovil Town in the 3rd qualifying round.

Youth intake:

LRMqwJj.png

QtIUNoY.png

GWW86LG.png

XzLt4Nd.png

y9lQfFc.png

Trophy cabinet

Vanarama National League South - 1 (2024/25)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Apps
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gregor Borg 24a		England		<N/A>		56
Baden Ardley 24g	England		<N/A>		50
Frannie Stratton 24f	England		<N/A>		39
Jens Ewald 24m		Germany		England		38
Tyler Mendes 24c	Montserrat	England		16

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Goals
Frannie Stratton 24f	England		<N/A>		6
Baden Ardley 24g	England		<N/A>		3
Gregor Borg 24a		England		<N/A>		2
Tyler Mendes 24c	Montserrat	England		2
Jens Ewald 24m		Germany		England		1

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Assists
Frannie Stratton 24f	England		<N/A>		7
Gregor Borg 24a		England		<N/A>		4
Baden Ardley 24g	England		<N/A>		4
Craig Martin 25b	England		Ireland		2
Jaud Kasongo 25d	England		DR Congo	2

Supporters:

CzhXKh8.png

Summary:

wHgUQBj.png

It was a close fight for the title. Glad you got the trophy :D

2 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

You can do a staff search with a custom view that shows the rating, preferred formation, personality and playing style like I do (see below):

1259618772_HoYDSearch.thumb.png.bd56e9a48fc1952fbb6d406622af05f4.png

Also I believe  that it takes a number of intakes for the current HoYD to have an impact so you could have a model citizen HoYD in the first season but you probably won't see the full effects until a few intakes later.

Thanks buddy appreciate it, I had no clue staff search was still in the game, shoulda looked harder, curse the ability to hand all responsibilities over keeping me away from the search screen.

FC_JJK_svg.png.b71c5c39f1117a1504467318339ac41e.png

Wow! What a result in the Champions League 3rd Qual. Round! We lost the first match against Rangers at home with 2-3. So I thought I had no chance away. But we really blew them away! We played fantastic and won 0-4. What a result!!

So, that means we will meet FC Qarabag again! Last season we lost against them in the 1st Qual. Round, so it's time for revenge. And if we do, we qualify for the Champions League! But if we lose, we are still qualified for the Europa League. So either way we'll continue our European story after this match :D 

uZ6FGZR.jpg

7Zjh6ba.jpg

wgexfg7.jpg

jTJhBc0.jpg

17 minutes ago, P O\'D said:

Thanks buddy appreciate it, I had no clue staff search was still in the game, shoulda looked harder, curse the ability to hand all responsibilities over keeping me away from the search screen.

I find in this type of save it’s super important to manage your staff yourself as personalities are super important as well as favouring staff with working with youngsters.

If I have an assistant at the start I look for HoYD, fitness coach and a general coach  using staff search, sorted by rating. If I don’t have an assistant I put out an advert for them and the physios but wait til they are in place before looking for the coaches.

Then every year as you lead up to contract expiries just take a peek at the staff search again to see if you have any better options.

image.png.7980b0ee0ef757decc5833482b72d128.png

Season 1, 2 and 3

I waited a few seasons to update to see if I could get investet in the save and now I´m in the beginning of the fourth season and decided to update now.

Manager profile

Facilities

First season went really well and we briefly in the promotion race, but we simply didn´t have the squad depth to hang on to Holstebro and and Middelfart.

Season 1

Signed everybody from the YI, because we are a amatuer side, so why don´t give everybody a chance.

image.thumb.jpeg.08c13788c0cdbf20563a93b6c99b471f.jpeg

In the second season we startedto use a few youngsters but the rather succesful 433 DM Wide, was underproferming with 14 points lower than our projected points. That meant that we were in a hard fought relagation battle and secured another season in the fourth tier of Denmark.

Season 2

We got a decent intake this year - and again we signed the lot.

image.thumb.jpeg.4332fe387e2842a2713de85eb6219f24.jpeg

After the disappointing season last year, we changed our tactics to a direct 442 and it worked magic. We were back in the promotion hunt. We lost the second place in the league in the last match unfortunately. But there was so many positives in this season. Hopefully we will be back again next season.

Season 3

This year we got a really good intake - hopefully we won´t loose some players before we manage to get to part time.

Again we signed the lot.

image.thumb.jpeg.c22c49984c1dc2a1086bd81c5ed56b86.jpeg''H

Now we are up to date and hopefully I can make some more detailed reports ;)

21 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I find in this type of save it’s super important to manage your staff yourself as personalities are super important as well as favouring staff with working with youngsters.

If I have an assistant at the start I look for HoYD, fitness coach and a general coach  using staff search, sorted by rating. If I don’t have an assistant I put out an advert for them and the physios but wait til they are in place before looking for the coaches.

Then every year as you lead up to contract expiries just take a peek at the staff search again to see if you have any better options.

Cheers bud will do.

2 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

your position-rating was certainly inspiration for my second table.

Who can say no to endless parenthesis in horrible formulas... :D 

xUiDS2j.png