[WIP] Africa Extended.

New Nation release: Algeria

I have gotten Algeria to a release state. The file contains

Ligue Professionnelle 1
Ligue Professionnelle 2.
Ligue national du football amateur (view only)
Coupe d'Algérie
Coupe de la Ligue
Supercoupe d'Algérie.
Media sources added (but do not seem to work properly, so anyone who has any advice on how to make them actually do reporting, let me know).
Referees added. 
Clubs should always stay roughly aligned geographically (as much as is allowed by number of teams from each region.

The download link is in the first post.

Other news
I will continue to work on things. I am currently going alphabetically, but there is no good reason for that. I just have no real preference for nations. So if you do have a preference and want to see one of the things on the list be done sooner, just pop a reply on here and I will work on it. First come, first served. Got to keep the customers happy! 

I will try to keep up a decent pace for release, but I have a busy time in next month and a half. Moving house mostly, so my evening and weekends are quite tied up. I will try to be as quick as I can. 

Update for you guys.

Sorry for the long delay in getting things out. I'm currently moving house so my spare time is currently occupied mostly with this. I have a couple of leagues that are pretty much ready to go, will try to find the time to post them this weekend.

Also do not hesitate to contact me if you find any errors, or you know the leagues well and find an error. I'm always happy to make things better.

New Nations Released

Angola

Girabola
Taça de Angola
SuperTaça de Angola
Updated the weather for every city to try to reflect reality better. Feedback on this welcome, if you notice anything, first time I tried it.
Managers, kits, stadiums etc added for teams likely to become playable.

Cameroon.

Elite One, including format change for next season
Elite Two (View only) including format changes for next season.
Cameroon Cup
Super Cup
Managers, kits, stadiums etc added for teams likely to become playable

Côte d'Ivoire

Ligue 1, including format changed for next year.
Ligue 2 (view only). If anyone knows how the groups are determined, let me know. Does not seem to be regional.
Coupe de Côte d'Ivoire de football
Super Cup
Managers, kits, stadiums etc. added for teams likely to be playable. 

Links added to the first post. Enjoy.

Amazing work <3

It's a shame SI haven't put much effort into adding more African leagues into the official release. Licenses should be fairly cheap compared to other leagues and it's definitely something that would interest many people that do journeyman careers and share their stories on the forum.

58 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Amazing work <3

It's a shame SI haven't put much effort into adding more African leagues into the official release. Licenses should be fairly cheap compared to other leagues and it's definitely something that would interest many people that do journeyman careers and share their stories on the forum.

It's all comes down to reasearchers probably, the licenses might be cheap but I can tell you right now that africa is done by not many people, few guys are doing whole countries by themselves so it's hard to find people to help. 

My dream is to have morocco and tunisia as playable leagues but yeah, as least there are people who can activate the leagues at least.

8 hours ago, kingjericho said:

Amazing work <3

I entirely agree with you, and I am hoping that can change. This whole project started out when I wanted to make some leagues in Africa for a save, and I saw the entire DB was in disarray. The DB itself has been improved incredibly, the guys doing the research there do a great job. Africa, however, does not seem to be a priority for SI. I'm not going to go on about it here, because I'd rather not derail my thread with this discussion (so let's not start a discussion). 

For now I will do what I can to bring Africa to life for the FM community. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, dino88 said:

hi these are 100% accurate? i've never played in africa so just curious so i dont need to cross check.

I do not claim 100% accuracy, because some info can be quite hard to find. And rosters in particular can be tricky. The league systems are as accurate as I can find info for, including changes in format when it is clear they have or will happen. Some cups may not be entirely accurate in terms of when teams enter, as often I had to build from the most reasonable stage I could fill (quite a few have regional rounds which I cannot replicate without adding a lot of teams). As are all the team details I have changed (stadiums, kits etc).

The Egypt file in particular is very accurate as I collaborated with someone who knows the league system in great detail, although I would advise against the third division as there is a lot of tidying up of teams to be done there. 

So in conclusion, they are as accurate as I can make them. But if you do find anything that is inaccurate I would be more than happy to hear about it. 

• 1 month later...