GIMN

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

Mustermann v1.0

A simple, clean skin, ideal for those playing at higher resolutions who don't want to be bombarded with information they rarely (or never) use.  QHD version for 2560x1440 (up to 110% zoom) and FHD version for 1920x1080 (up to 100% zoom)

Testimonials

"It's different, I'll give you that" -- anonymous

"You sure do like boxes and the colour grey" -- anonymous

"I don't play your stupid football spreadsheet game.  Stop asking me for a quote!" -- anonymous

Features

• Customisable colour scheme, frame style and player layout (instructions in zip file)
  • Attributes shown in Scouting Card
  • Inobtrusive Pros & Cons layout, minimizing unused blank space for non-scouted players.
  • Unique home and player profile panels, including combined Scouting Centre with Reports summary, full Medical Centre & Team injuries panel, Player Training Feedback

Screenshots

Home.thumb.png.9afd18aeaf82e76c1fa18938765872e6.png

108830582_PlayerProfile.thumb.png.75b23354416663f366856b9e356bf810.png

Tactics.thumb.png.db5b4992a302630884be761446040af5.png

1208781156_ScoutingCentre.thumb.png.55aada35264c9dedc0c313bfa036bd4b.png

551217727_ClubInfo.thumb.png.b99c6d2e928fc9fd2cb0d5ffe5558102.png

Alternative Colours

Reveal hidden contents

Explanation supplied in readme file for making your own colour scheme

387589662_Options-Blues.thumb.png.b3d310c284c740c134906c21e8580847.png

806580963_Options-TealandOrange.thumb.png.675d6066da76459773e68099fb628c15.png

1794311897_Options-TealandSalmon.thumb.png.fcc861ad8c12be0c399d76340f114322.png

Alternative Frames

Reveal hidden contents

1658757779_Options-AngledCorners.thumb.png.aa08370844fcf33476c96e8344eac83a.png

1952300734_Options-ThinSquare.thumb.png.1c06291cc198f1ef855e12964f9147c8.png

264859424_Options-ThickSquare.thumb.png.e2df18c58ec2855b6a2f44cf9ce244df.png

Alternative Player Profile

Reveal hidden contents

1922320565_Options-RolesandDuty.thumb.png.bf400753a07ee2f3070d7fd7b5a68769.png

DOWNLOAD

Mustermann v1.0

Credits

sebastian_starttrbts & Tyburn - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself

Michaeltmurrayuk - for his base skins, and assistance in various skinning queries

wkdsoul - for his assistance in various skinning queries

bluestillidie00 - scouring through the xmls for TCS taught me a lot about how half of this stuff works, as well as his assistance in various skinning queries

Wozzie - for fixtures and results panels for club overview

Heffem - for training selectors on player profile

Bugs/Future Requests

If you notice any bugs/issues, please do get in touch, and I will see if they can be resolved.  Similarly, if you have any requests for future features, please let me know, although for full transparency I have no intention of adding any information pertaining to hidden information (CA/PA etc...)

Known Issues

• Unable to pin data hub reports from Player -> Reports -> Player Performance
  • Deadline Day: text unreadable for selected row on sidebar

Future Plans

• Light version
  • Graphical attribute version (non-numeric attributes)

Usage Rights

This skin is completely free for personal use, but may not be sold or placed behind a paywall.  If you plan on using the skin publicly, or repurposing a unique element for own skin, please provide credit and a link to this post.  If, for whatever reason, you are so enamoured with this skin you want to send me a coffee, feel free to donate via PayPal here

Mustermann v1.0

Really good work buddy!! A very slick skin indeed....

14 minutes ago, Grancher said:

Looks great but just tried it and cant get out of my inbox page, clicking another tab just get me instantly to my inbox again.

That sounds peculiar - would you be able to answer a few questions:

What resolution is your screen, and which version are you using?

Is it when you click on a different area on the sidebar (for example, Squad) or a tab on the Home Page (for example My Profile)?

Do you have the full sidebar or just the icons?

5 minutes ago, Ber-T said:

I love this but it would be absolutely perfect for me if the colour scheme was dynamic based on what team is selected, how easy would it be to that, is this something I could easily edit or would it require another version?

That is planned for a future release. Sadly it isn't as easy as editing the settings file, as it relies on changes to multiple panels.

There are instructions within the readme file for changing colour scheme to another non-dynamic palette, which you could in theory just change to club colours every time you change teams (although arguably more trouble than it's worth)

1 minute ago, GIMN said:

That sounds peculiar - would you be able to answer a few questions:

What resolution is your screen, and which version are you using?

Is it when you click on a different area on the sidebar (for example, Squad) or a tab on the Home Page (for example My Profile)?

Do you have the full sidebar or just the icons?

My resolution is 1920x1080p. I used both version and have the same bug.

Whenever I click on sidebar, search page, or homepage, It instantly send me to my inbox.

I use just icons sidebar.

1 minute ago, Grancher said:

Whenever I click on sidebar, search page, or homepage, It instantly send me to my inbox.

Thank you.  I'll have a check when I get home and see if I can replicate and fix the issue. Not sure exactly what might be causing it at this moment.

1 hour ago, GIMN said:

That is planned for a future release. Sadly it isn't as easy as editing the settings file, as it relies on changes to multiple panels.

There are instructions within the readme file for changing colour scheme to another non-dynamic palette, which you could in theory just change to club colours every time you change teams (although arguably more trouble than it's worth)

I shall keep an eye out for it, great skin, I'd really appreciate preferred foot and personality in the player pop up 'i' panel if it's not too much trouble (or instructions on how to do it myself)

In the past, there were skins that changed the whole visuality of the game in the Football Manager series. I'm a very old player, menus would change, profiles would change, I didn't come across this much in recent years, but lately, first FMEnhanced and then TCS, now it's amazing to see such a different and perfect skin.

I think I have some minor issues. These will definitely be solved, although I throw the color files in FHD resolution, they do not change, but the colors change in QHD, I tested, I changed the file name, but it did not detect it, I think there is a perception in the codes :D Another problem I have is that I play 95% in FHD, but the middle part in the profile section does not work properly I'm sending an image for it.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.e0f80268617bc48cfef40d4469afd790.png

5 hours ago, Grancher said:

I've been unable to repeat the issue on my own version, so not entirely certain what's causing the issue.  A couple of more questions (sorry to keep asking) to see if I can narrow it down more:

What zoom % are you using?

Is 1920x1080 the natural resolution of your monitor?

Do you have any downloaded graphics?

3 hours ago, Ber-T said:

I shall keep an eye out for it, great skin, I'd really appreciate preferred foot and personality in the player pop up 'i' panel if it's not too much trouble (or instructions on how to do it myself)

Yeah, there's a few changes I want to make to the pop-up panel, including showing preferred foot and player traits.  Personality seems a good shout, too.

6 minutes ago, Pointless said:

I think I have some minor issues. These will definitely be solved, although I throw the color files in FHD resolution, they do not change, but the colors change in QHD, I tested, I changed the file name, but it did not detect it, I think there is a perception in the codes :D Another problem I have is that I play 95% in FHD, but the middle part in the profile section does not work properly I'm sending an image for it.

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.e0f80268617bc48cfef40d4469afd790.png

Ah, I can see what's happened - a silly mistake on my part.  I'll get some updates out tomorrow to fix that problem.

6 hours ago, Grancher said:

Looks great but just tried it and cant get out of my inbox page, clicking another tab just get me instantly to my inbox again.

2nd this. I'm running a 1920x1200 resolution and both the FHD and QHD versions do this for me. 

1 minute ago, ben carter said:

2nd this. I'm running a 1920x1200 resolution and both the FHD and QHD versions do this for me. 

I wish I knew what was causing this!!  Are you able to send a video, showing me what's happening (I've been unable to produce it myself)?  Also:

18 minutes ago, GIMN said:

I wish I knew what was causing this!!  Are you able to send a video, showing me what's happening (I've been unable to produce it myself)?  Also:

100% zoom and I do have the DF11 facepack, club logos and kits.

I will try to record a video if I can but something I have realised.

When the game first loads to the inbox screen I can't navigate anywhere if I have unread mail. Clicking any sidebar icon or player hyperlink just goes back to the inbox. However if I read all my inbox I can then click on anything I want?

Edited by ben carter

3 minutes ago, ben carter said:

When the game first loads to the inbox screen I can't navigate anywhere if I have unread mail Clicking any sidebar icon or player hyperlink  just goes back to the inbox. However if I read all my inbox I can then click on anything I want?

The plot thickens!  Thank you for the extra info - I'm still confused as hell, but hopefully getting closer to being able to sort this out!

29 minutes ago, ben carter said:

When the game first loads to the inbox screen I can't navigate anywhere if I have unread mail Clicking any sidebar icon or player hyperlink  just goes back to the inbox. However if I read all my inbox I can then click on anything I want?

By god man, you've done it!  It is specifically a problem when there are unread messages in the inbox with icons only on the sidebar - I can't say I necessarily understand exactly why this happens, but have been able to fix it.  I'll be updating the main upload tomorrow, but in the meantime, here are the files you need:

sidebar menu table.xml needs to go in the panels/generic folder

paper.xml needs to go in the graphics/mustermann/sidebar folder

FYI @Grancher

sidebar menu table.xml paper.xml

Edited by GIMN

4 minutes ago, GIMN said:

By god man, you've done it!  It is specifically a problem when there are unread messages in the inbox with icons only on the sidebar - I can't say I necessarily understand exactly why this happens, but have been able to fix it.  I'll be updating the main upload tomorrow, but in the meantime, here are the files you need:

sidebar menu table.xml needs to go in the panels/generic folder

paper.xml needs to go in the graphics/mustermann/sidebar folder

FYI @Grancher

sidebar menu table.xml 8.1 kB · 0 downloads paper.xml 701 B · 0 downloads

Much appreciated. One request if you could give it a try. Is it possible for you to colour the attribute analyser on the player profile to fit with the chosen colour style? I'm not a massive fan of the default look.

Great work on the fix the skin looks great! 

1 minute ago, ben carter said:

Much appreciated. One request if you could give it a try. Is it possible for you to colour the attribute analyser on the player profile to fit with the chosen colour style? I'm not a massive fan of the default look.

Great work on the fix the skin looks great! 

Aye, I've been unable to settle on an approach for the analyser - I've always found the red-to-green colours a bit jarring.  I've tried a few things out for this, but not quite been able to settle on something I'm happy with yet.

Actually, you know what, I'll add what I was probably going to go with here.  Need to be added into the panels/player folder.  Let me know what you think!

player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xml player attribute analyser outfield.xml

14 minutes ago, GIMN said:

Aye, I've been unable to settle on an approach for the analyser - I've always found the red-to-green colours a bit jarring.  I've tried a few things out for this, but not quite been able to settle on something I'm happy with yet.

Actually, you know what, I'll add what I was probably going to go with here.  Need to be added into the panels/player folder.  Let me know what you think!

player attribute analyser goalkeeper.xml 6.07 kB · 0 downloads player attribute analyser outfield.xml 6.39 kB · 0 downloads

Much better than the default colours. 

6 hours ago, Pointless said:

I'm looking forward to.

Both the key stats issue and the colour schemes issue have been fixed; and link above updated for new release.  I have, however, just noticed in your screenshots that there are some areas that are not properly translated and still in English.  This will be addressed in a future update. For ease, new link here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2wl5vjdb7lrc09d/Mustermann_v1.1.rar/file

Edited by GIMN

5 hours ago, wildecooke said:

I'm using Macbook (2560×1600) QHD, FHD (%85-%110)

639415385_EkranResmi2021-11-2915_44_32.thumb.png.212c1637dd2af2a9241fd8b5141b4b33.png

Again, another issue I've been unable to create myself, so sorry for having to ask more questions.  Based on the tabs (Genel Bakış, Haberler, etc...) this happens when looking at clubs you are not managing.  Is that correct?  Does your own Club Info page work?  Does the problem still occur if you change resolution to 2560x1440?

24 dakika önce, GIMN said:

Again, another issue I've been unable to create myself, so sorry for having to ask more questions.  Based on the tabs (Genel Bakış, Haberler, etc...) this happens when looking at clubs you are not managing.  Is that correct?  Does your own Club Info page work?  Does the problem still occur if you change resolution to 2560x1440?

Only the club info page does not work, all clubs. Other menus work fine, I tried all resolutions.

43 minutes ago, wildecooke said:

Only the club info page does not work, all clubs. Other menus work fine, I tried all resolutions.

Frustrating - I'll see what I can do.  As I'm not sure what's causing it, it might take a little while.  Out of interest what graphics (stadiums, kits, logos, etc...) are you using?

36 dakika önce, GIMN said:

Frustrating - I'll see what I can do.  As I'm not sure what's causing it, it might take a little while.  Out of interest what graphics (stadiums, kits, logos, etc...) are you using?

Only mega logos, stadiums and kits pack.

This looks great, not just a skin that changes colours, but actually has some thought put into what information is displayed (useful information from the screenies I see). If you can get it to change colours to match the club being managed it's skin of the year for me. :thup: 

Newly returned to full version having spent a few years playing FMT. Have tried all skins and by far this is my favourite. Good job GIMN and thankyou. One thing missing for me is no Instant Result button. Is this something you are planning for future release? Or is there someone who could help or direct me on how I can add it? 

6 saat önce, GIMN said:

Both the key stats issue and the colour schemes issue have been fixed; and link above updated for new release.  I have, however, just noticed in your screenshots that there are some areas that are not properly translated and still in English.  This will be addressed in a future update. For ease, new link here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2wl5vjdb7lrc09d/Mustermann_v1.1.rar/file

Thank you, it looks pretty good right now, I'll let you know if I have any problems. <3

2 hours ago, makul said:

For 3440x1440 Which is better? FHD or QHD with which zoom?

Personally, I'd probably go with the QHD,  but probably best to just try out both and see what works best for you.

2 hours ago, Christiano07 said:

Newly returned to full version having spent a few years playing FMT. Have tried all skins and by far this is my favourite. Good job GIMN and thankyou. One thing missing for me is no Instant Result button. Is this something you are planning for future release? Or is there someone who could help or direct me on how I can add it? 

Seems a reasonable request; I'll see what I can do.  In the meantime, if you want to try and add it yourself, there are instructions here:

Fair warning, I've not tried it myself, yet, so I'm not 100% certain whether it will work!

This is a damn fine skin! Though, I'm a little piqued that I've wasted the last ten days slowly cobbling together my yearly functional but uninspiring skin, only for you to share this piece of art deco-like elegance. (I never thought I'd describe an FM skin as elegant!) (Furthermore, I've only had to spend a hour tweaking it so it's more to my taste; ah, the time I could've saved to, you know, actually play the game! ;))

Anyway, I've bought you a well deserved pint/coffee/Campari soda (delete as appropriate) to say thank you.

2 minutes ago, Sylv said:

This is a damn fine skin! Though, I'm a little piqued that I've wasted the last ten days slowly cobbling together my yearly functional but uninspiring skin, only for you to share this piece of art deco-like elegance. (I never thought I'd describe an FM skin as elegant!) (Furthermore, I've only had to spend a hour tweaking it so it's more to my taste; ah, the time I could've saved to, you know, actually play the game! ;))

Anyway, I've bought you a well deserved pint/coffee/Campari soda (delete as appropriate) to say thank you.

You are too nice; Thank you for your kindness!

Edited by GIMN

• GIMN changed the title to [FM22][Skin] Mustermann v1.1
14 hours ago, mibsweden said:

1920x1200 is an unusual resolution. 

I think it's a Dell thing. Other manufacturers do them but Dell always have at least one 25/24 inch monitor at 1920x1200 in their range.

I've no need for anything bigger but the small bump over 1080p is useful.  

12 minutes ago, luka_zg said:

so,where do  I have to unpack this skin? Where's the .fmf file?

The .rar gives you the skin unpacked, so that you can customise yourself (if you so choose).  Generally speaking for Windows it you will need to unpack it to the following folder:

C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\skins

You should end up with 3 new folders inside your skins folder: Mustermann Alternatives, MustermannFHD and MustermannQHD (or, you can choose to just unpack one of those folders)

• GIMN changed the title to [FM22][Skin] Mustermann v1.2
On 28/11/2021 at 22:03, Ber-T said:

These have now been added to the player pop-up panel.

On 29/11/2021 at 23:59, Christiano07 said:

This has also been added!

On 30/11/2021 at 07:41, Sylv said:

I've doubled down on the whole art-deco-ness, and added a new double bordered frame type.

Original post updated, but for convenience, here's the link to the latest files: Mustermann v1.2

Hello friend, love this skin - it's absolutely brilliant!

Really clean and simple, just what I tend to like. I was wondering, though, if you could assist me with making two small personal changes? Not really sure how to go about adding these panels in, despite trying numerous times using the same panels from other mods as a base. If you care to help, I was trying to change:

1. The text on the league tables on areas like 'Leagues in Focus' - for some reason most of the teams seem to use their six letter names as opposed to their Full or Short names. Can I change that somehow?

2. The finance/wages panel on club pages. Is it possible to add that in somehow? I like to see my club finances (and the finances of other clubs). I would preferably replace the club history graph with this information.

3. Is there a way to remove the stats that appear on the player faces in the Overview of a player profile? The ones for appearances, goals, assists, and (I think) average rating? I would like to remove them as they tend to cover up a lot of the face.

Regardless, thank you so much again just for creating this awesome skin. It's really a great choive; I've taken to it more or less instantly!

Edited by sweetcarroll92

6 hours ago, sweetcarroll92 said:

3. Is there a way to remove the stats that appear on the player faces in the Overview of a player profile? The ones for appearances, goals, assists, and (I think) average rating? I would like to remove them as they tend to cover up a lot of the face.

Just until @GIMN is able to help you out, you're welcome to use my edit for the FHD version which retains the average rating in the top left hand corner (without the box) but removes the other stats. 

(It'll also work with the QHD version but you'll lose some of the extra information available within the panel.)

Spoiler

971455427_2021-12-0708_19_31-Greenshot.jpg.b94a590c977166801aa77bb70a5b9839.jpg

player overview panel.xml

Edited by Sylv

I've added favoured clubs to the manager profile panel but I'm having difficulty adjusting the layout. Essentially, how would I go about making all the boxes within this part of the panel balanced? That is, so there is no need to scroll to see all the information within a box. (Does that make sense? I'm not sure I've explained it very well.) Everything I've tried so far messes up the layout a lot.

Spoiler

1068656284_2021-12-0707_56_23-Greenshot.jpg.646c4c619c10d902cf3a4d77c3755efc.jpg

8 hours ago, sweetcarroll92 said:

Hello friend, love this skin - it's absolutely brilliant!

Really clean and simple, just what I tend to like. I was wondering, though, if you could assist me with making two small personal changes? Not really sure how to go about adding these panels in, despite trying numerous times using the same panels from other mods as a base. If you care to help, I was trying to change:

1. The text on the league tables on areas like 'Leagues in Focus' - for some reason most of the teams seem to use their six letter names as opposed to their Full or Short names. Can I change that somehow?

2. The finance/wages panel on club pages. Is it possible to add that in somehow? I like to see my club finances (and the finances of other clubs). I would preferably replace the club history graph with this information.

Regardless, thank you so much again just for creating this awesome skin. It's really a great choive; I've taken to it more or less instantly!

Unfortunately I'm away on a course at the moment, with only a Chromebook (so no access to FM or the xml files), so won't be able to answer properly until Thursday.  In the meantime:

1) No idea.  I haven't played around with the Leagues in Focus panel, so don't know what controls any of the elements.

2) I can look into this for the next release, or at least get a changed xml across to you on Thursday.  As a general rule, I'd tried to avoid information that wouldn't be available - e.g. I shouldn't know how much money another team has available in their transfer budget.

3) @Sylv has given a great reply.  Off the top of my head, in panels/player/player overview panel the area for the "scorecards" is annotated.  Above this there is a bit which will say something like "layout="330,100" - you'll need to change this to layout="330" and then delete the container holding all the scorecards.  I will also be releasing an alternative layout on Thursday with the scorecards underneath the profile picture.

Sorry, the response is so vague!!!

Thanks for the response @GIMN I really appreciate it, and no rush at all mate - I just appreciate the response lol. I know what you mean RE avoiding information that is not available, totally understand that. I tend to run a lot of FM simulations for a client who runs an FM blog, though, and being able to see the finances is often a part of what we cover. If you can't include it then no worries, but thank you so much if you can. No worries on the LIF tab, too; I have no idea what is causing that, haha!

Thank you @Sylv this should be just what I am looking for; shall try when I get home tonight! Thanks :)