[FM22][Skin] Mustermann Graphical v1.1 - A Non-Numerical Attribute Skin

GIMN

Mustermann Graphical v1.1

Version of Mustermann skin with graphical attributes, designed to make the game unnecessarily harder!

Testimonials

"Computer games are meant to be fun.  I think you might've lost sight of that, GIMN" -- anonymous

"You're clearly a sadist" -- anonymous

"I still don't play your stupid football spreadsheet game.  Stop asking me for a quote!" -- anonymous

Features

• Attributes colour coded Excellent, Good, Normal or Low
  • Player Search and Staff Search disabled
  • Inobtrusive Pros & Cons layout, minimizing unused blank space for non-scouted players.
  • Unique home and player profile panels, including (but not exclusive to) combined Scouting Centre with Reports summary, full Medical Centre & Team injuries panel, Player Training Feedback

Patch Notes

v1.1 - Winter Update response

• Removed customised scout report views
  • Edited visualisation on player overview

Versions

Mustermann Graphical FHD - for 1920x1080 resolution.  Will work at 1600x900 at 85% Zoom.  Neutral colour scheme.
Mustermann Graphical FHD Team Colours - for 1920x1080 resolution.  Will work at 1600x900 at 85% Zoom.  Colours will change to the club/nation you are managing.
Mustermann Graphical QHD - for 2560x1440 resolution.  Neutral colour scheme.
Mustermann Graphical QHD Team Colours - for 2560x1440 resolution.  Colours will change to the club/nation you are managing.

Changing Attribute Ranges & Colours

Go to Preferences -> Custom Skin Colours.  From here you can adjust the Ranges and colours.

2081394718_EmilianoBuenda_Profile-23.thumb.png.171a5afeb72c13fc89a6487dbf814643.png

1336835302_EmilianoBuenda_Profile-25.thumb.png.a4c03c4327dd699193ddd214607b4330.png

116075764_EmilianoBuenda_PlayerComparison.thumb.png.c125c317b4a114c54cddf1fd14e3b297.png

1998734075_EmilianoBuenda_Profile-28.thumb.png.a2136f47f42e476c7fd5a09e5500cb1a.png

510100377_ThiagoAlmada_Profile-4.thumb.png.b97c0da9bc017d4115888e0f9fc9947c.png

1811305419_AstonVilla_ScoutingCentre-5.thumb.png.cc0d4b33dcc886d7499f297638dd2ca3.png

DOWNLOAD

Credits

sebastian_starttrbts - the original inspiration!  Check out [FM22][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★]

Tyburn - whose work on creating non-numeric attribute skins inspired me to learn myself

Michaeltmurrayuk - for his base skins, and assistance in various skinning queries

wkdsoul - for his assistance in various skinning queries

bluestillidie00 - scouring through the xmls for TCS taught me a lot about how half of this stuff works, as well as his assistance in various skinning queries

Wozzie - for fixtures and results panels for club overview

Heffem - for training selectors on player profile

Bugs/Future Requests

If you notice any bugs/issues, please do get in touch, and I will see if they can be resolved.  Similarly, if you have any requests for future features, please let me know, although for full transparency I have no intention of adding any information pertaining to hidden information (CA/PA etc...)

Known Issues

• Club Info not showing for some users (still under investigation)

Future Plans

• Light version

Usage Rights

This skin is completely free for personal use, but may not be sold or placed behind a paywall.  If you plan on using the skin publicly, or repurposing a unique element for own skin, please provide credit and a link to this post.  If, for whatever reason, you are so enamoured with this skin you want to send me a coffee, feel free to donate via PayPal here

Edited by GIMN
v.1.1 released

Really appreciate the work you did on your skins this year. Your skins standout and are pleasing to look at.

Unfortunately in the player profile the choice to overlap the attribute name with the graphical element makes it harder for me to read the player attributes at a glance. Also there is a lot of empty space in the panel now and kinda throws of the balance of the whole page.

It's easier to glance the attributes on the comparison because they don't overlap but the shape of  graphical element is still harder to read compared to the star shape in the initial mod.

Maybe you could try simpler shapes and using shape and color to differentiate. Having an rectangle for the 2 lower tier and more rounded corners and eventually becomes a full circle for the highest tier. Not sure if this is possible in terms of the code.

Would love to use this as my daily skin but hoping to see the more clarity with the graphical elements in future updates.

18 minutes ago, maztheplaya said:

Really appreciate the work you did on your skins this year. Your skins standout and are pleasing to look at.

Unfortunately in the player profile the choice to overlap the attribute name with the graphical element makes it harder for me to read the player attributes at a glance. Also there is a lot of empty space in the panel now and kinda throws of the balance of the whole page.

It's easier to glance the attributes on the comparison because they don't overlap but the shape of  graphical element is still harder to read compared to the star shape in the initial mod.

Maybe you could try simpler shapes and using shape and color to differentiate. Having an rectangle for the 2 lower tier and more rounded corners and eventually becomes a full circle for the highest tier. Not sure if this is possible in terms of the code.

Would love to use this as my daily skin but hoping to see the more clarity with the graphical elements in future updates.

Appreciate the feedback, and completely appreciate there will be some design choices that aren't for everyone.

To separate the graphical element from the attribute name, you can make the following changes to panels/player/player attributes panel, lines 11-30.  Change from:

<record id="table_properties" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows, printable" layout="120,-1,14,10" row_height="22" row_spacing="1" default_sort_column="name">
		<list id="column_table_properties">
			<!-- Attribute value -->
			<record index="0" id="val " sort_disabled="false" column_alignment="left" left="12" right="1" top="2" bottom="2">
				<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" font="title" size="0"  appearance="mustermann/attributes/paper" alignment="left,centre_y" style="semi_bold" multiline="false"/>
			</record>
			<!-- Attribute name -->
			<record index="1" id="name" left="-110" top="0" colour="fg" sort_disabled="true">
				<record id="widget_info" class="text" alignment="left,centre_y,can_scale" multiline="false"/>
			</record>
			<!-- Attribute training improvement offset -->
			<record index="2" id="offs" left="-40" sort_disabled="true">
				<record id="widget_info" class="training_improvement"/>
			</record>
			<!-- Attribute edit widget -->
			<record index="3" id="edit" sort_disabled="true">
				<record id="widget_info" class="editable_client_object_property_panel" />
			</record>
		</list>
	</record>

to:

<record id="table_properties" mode="fill_rows, stripe_rows, printable" layout="-1,120,14,10" row_height="22" row_spacing="1" default_sort_column="name">
		<list id="column_table_properties">
            <!-- Attribute name -->
			<record index="0" id="name" top="0" colour="fg" sort_disabled="true">
				<record id="widget_info" class="text" alignment="left,centre_y,can_scale" multiline="false"/>
			</record>
			<!-- Attribute value -->
			<record index="1" id="val " sort_disabled="false" column_alignment="left" left="12" right="1" top="2" bottom="2">
				<record id="widget_info" class="attribute_label" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="false" font="title" size="0"  appearance="mustermann/attributes/paper" alignment="left,centre_y" style="semi_bold" multiline="false"/>
			</record>			
			<!-- Attribute training improvement offset -->
			<record index="2" id="offs" left="-40" sort_disabled="true">
				<record id="widget_info" class="training_improvement"/>
			</record>
			<!-- Attribute edit widget -->
			<record index="3" id="edit" sort_disabled="true">
				<record id="widget_info" class="editable_client_object_property_panel" />
			</record>
		</list>
	</record>

Love the skin, I do have a question however. I am doing a save with my own rules that replicate what Bilbao do but with Zaragoza in Aragon. I really need to be able to use the player search to specifically target Arogonese players so what changes would I make to reinstate the player search function please?

1 hour ago, Crazy_Ivan said:

Love the skin, I do have a question however. I am doing a save with my own rules that replicate what Bilbao do but with Zaragoza in Aragon. I really need to be able to use the player search to specifically target Arogonese players so what changes would I make to reinstate the player search function please?

You'll need to edit sections/section meta data.  Lines 1073-1079 and 2178 to 2190 (if not using Notepad++, just do Ctrl+F for "Player Search" and you'll find the relevant bits).  You'll need to remove the "<!--" and "-->" from the code.  For example it currently looks like:

<!--<record id="srpl" section="srpl" help_page="search_players">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="227995" type="use" value="Player Search" />
			<record id="widget_info">
				<symbol id="class" value="person_search_panel" />
				<integer id="type" value="1" />
			</record>
		</record>-->

should be changed to look like:

<record id="srpl" section="srpl" help_page="search_players">
			<translation id="text" translation_id="227995" type="use" value="Player Search" />
			</record>
		</record>

2 hours ago, GIMN said:

You'll need to edit sections/section meta data.  Lines 1073-1079 and 2178 to 2190 (if not using Notepad++, just do Ctrl+F for "Player Search" and you'll find the relevant bits).  You'll need to remove the "<!--" and "-->" from the code.  For example it currently looks like:

<!--<record id="srpl" section="srpl" help_page="search_players">
			</record>
		</record>-->

should be changed to look like:

<record id="srpl" section="srpl" help_page="search_players">
			</record>
		</record>

Thanks so much for taking the time to message me with this.

• GIMN changed the title to [FM22][Skin] Mustermann Graphical v1.1 - A Non-Numerical Attribute Skin