FM22: Manchester United: Never ending transition

sedge11

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on a mission to sort out the midfield and right-back (especially after suffering through today and a soaking on the way back from the ground).

What DM is everyone going for? I'm looking at decent young players in that position though not had the scout reports back yet.

12 minutes ago, Vash420 said:

I'm on a mission to sort out the midfield and right-back (especially after suffering through today and a soaking on the way back from the ground).

What DM is everyone going for? I'm looking at decent young players in that position though not had the scout reports back yet.

Weigl/ Palhinha

I've created a 3412 that is pretty potent going forward, maybe needs a few tweaks defensively but from my tests it's looking good. This is just a test run, I'll be starting again but I had Ronaldo at 14 goals in 5 games 😅

Edited by Gee_Simpson

26 minutes ago, Vash420 said:

I got Brozovic on a free, not young but quality player. Also signed Ruben neves.

15 hours ago, UnkownManager said:

MAN UFC!!

Konami has licensing rights and Football Manager had United come for them over them using their official name on the game over the last couple years 

On 04/11/2021 at 06:56, sedge11 said:

EDIT: To add with Maguire gone we needed a new captain. So Ronaldo is the most obvious option but I was thinking more long term, so I have made Bruno captain.

Decided to make Ronaldo Captain in first season and Bruno Vice from the start as Maguire just doesn't cut it for me. With Ronaldo higher in the Hierarchy felt he was a better fit than Maguire to 

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Did you not fancy Kessie? I'll definitely be going for him on a free. Also, what happened to Mbappe on your save? 

Kessie was an option and I do like him, but sometimes I just enjoy signing different players to what most people pick, and as I know a few on here and people I know have signed Kessie thought would go a different route. Mbappe went to Real Madrid, so did Kessie.

43 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

Decided to make Ronaldo Captain in first season and Bruno Vice from the start as Maguire just doesn't cut it for me. With Ronaldo higher in the Hierarchy felt he was a better fit than Maguire to 

I've got Ronaldo as vice captain to Bruno. But yea Maguire just doesn't cut it but gave him the 1st season.

37 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Kessie was an option and I do like him, but sometimes I just enjoy signing different players to what most people pick, and as I know a few on here and people I know have signed Kessie thought would go a different route. Mbappe went to Real Madrid, so did Kessie.

Fair enough. I've never signed Kessie before so he's definitely someone I want for my midfield. He'll play pretty much the same role for me as he would if I was using a 4231 but in a 3412.

10 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Fair enough. I've never signed Kessie before so he's definitely someone I want for my midfield. He'll play pretty much the same role for me as he would if I was using a 4231 but in a 3412.

Yea Kessie is a good box to box. I’m glad I signed Brozovic though as he’s been very solid as a Dm.

I’ve got a midfield 3 working as Brozovic, Donny and Bruno. It’s working very well at the moment. Not a very physically strong midfield but a very technical 3.

Edited by sedge11

22 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

Yea Kessie is a good box to box. I’m glad I signed Brozovic though as he’s been very solid as a Dm.

I’ve got a midfield 3 working as Brozovic, Donny and Bruno. It’s working very well at the moment. Not a very physically strong midfield but a very technical 3.

Hmm I may plump for Brozovic also. Probably will go for Brozovic, Kessie and Mbappe 😂 Dybala and Belotti are tempting as well haha, but I think I'll give them a miss. 

What's everyone's main target on this FM? It's definitely Bellingham for me, looks like he has the potential to be the complete midfielder. 

6 hours ago, BigV said:

Just played like 1 or 2 games and then quit. Ps5 is probably to blame :lol:

I did the same, I planned to pick it back up at Christmas. Then I downloaded Demon's Souls.

Anyone found some decent, cheap wonderkids yet? Most of my budget (sales included) went on Weigl as DM, got about 15m left. Thinking about a young replacement for Martial and a RB/RWB.

4 hours ago, Vash420 said:

I did the same, I planned to pick it back up at Christmas. Then I downloaded Demon's Souls.

Anyone found some decent, cheap wonderkids yet? Most of my budget (sales included) went on Weigl as DM, got about 15m left. Thinking about a young replacement for Martial and a RB/RWB.

Can use Diallo as a young replacement for Martial.

Rb is an issue for me as well, sold Dalot and couldn’t really find a rb I liked. So I’m using Laird as my back up, but he has got a lot to games due to injuries and has been really good.

Doing quite well on half season. After 23 games on second place with 53 points, Liverpool leading with 55.
League cup lost in 1/4 vs WHU. In FA Cup win in first round vs Brentford on replay, UEFA CL was in group with Ajax, Villareal and Brugge and finished first but lost 7 points!!

Ronaldo is absolutely unstoppable with 26 goals in 28 starts and 2 subs. He score 22 goals already in PL. Using some custom 3-5-2 with Sancho on right wing back who have 7 asist in PL but now he is out for 4 months. 

Fred reject Napoli so I can only pray and hope that someone will offer me, again, 18milŁ for him in next 5 days. Mata leave for 1,5mil in january and Lee Grant in july. I just bring Paulinho in and, for the first time, I want to give chance to every player from squad - even Phil Jones who is disaster. 

Plans for june 2022. - Jones, Lingard, Pogba, Martial, Fred, Matić out. VDBeek may be also on his way out.

Are United broken on this BETA? I’m running an Arsenal save at the moment and 9 games in they are top having won the lot, scoring 30 goals (Ronaldo - 13) and conceded only 3. This includes a 3-0 vs Liverpool, 6-1 Man City, 5-0 Leicester and defeated my side 3-1. I would add a victory over Chelsea to that impressive list but they are currently 19th after 10 games with just 4 points. Strangely enough Tuchel’s job security is still stable. Very interesting save indeed. United’s closest rival currently is Everton with 21 points followed by Liverpool on 18 and Leeds on 17. 

Edited by CKMK32

On 06/11/2021 at 16:03, Vash420 said:
On 06/11/2021 at 15:43, sedge11 said:

I got Brozovic on a free, not young but quality player. Also signed Ruben neves.

Looks a great player, but 40m+ on this save.

I'm pretty sure he meant he got Brozovic on a free for 2nd season (2022-23).

2 hours ago, CKMK32 said:

Are United broken on this BETA? I’m running an Arsenal save at the moment and 9 games in they are top having won the lot, scoring 30 goals (Ronaldo - 13) and conceded only 3. This includes a 3-0 vs Liverpool, 6-1 Man City, 5-0 Leicester and defeated my side 3-1. I would add a victory over Chelsea to that impressive list but they are currently 19th after 10 games with just 4 points. Strangely enough Tuchel’s job security is still stable. Very interesting save indeed. United’s closest rival currently is Everton with 21 points followed by Liverpool on 18 and Leeds on 17. 

I think Ronaldo is what is broken.

6 hours ago, Sanityfm said:
8 hours ago, CKMK32 said:

I think Ronaldo is what is broken.

Yeah Ronaldo is very broken, managed to get him 69 goals in a single season.

9 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

The one from Leverkusen?

7 hours ago, DominicForza said:

I'm guessing he meant Joao Palhinha from Sporting CP

José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior aka Paulinho. Ex Totte and Barca. He was on free, I’ve mention before that I didn’t make any big signings. 

2 hours ago, milan_manutd said:
12 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

The one from Leverkusen?

9 hours ago, DominicForza said:

I'm guessing he meant Joao Palhinha from Sporting CP

José Paulo Bezerra Maciel Júnior aka Paulinho. Ex Totte and Barca. He was on free, I’ve mention before that I didn’t make any big signings. 

And that's what I get for making assumptions...I have received my comeuppance and acknowledge it was merited. 

Caught this on Zealand's stream. Find it really strange pellestri's PA is so high, is he really that sought out?? (orange mark)

Could be worth using him now, dont think he was great on FM21. Greenwood being one of the best :applause:

Spoiler

bdb.png

Edited by BigV

15 hours ago, BigV said:

Find it really strange pellestri's PA is so high

24 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

Nico Serrano third time in a row is around 170

Perhaps you'd like to put these things in spoilers? Not everyone cheats like this.

Just now, milan_manutd said:

Then it’s not a cheat at all to you ;) 

If it's his PA then it's a cheat now, isn't it? The game has a detailed and complex system for simulating scouting and coach assessment. There's a reason PA, CA and "hidden attributes" are hidden and using external tools to uncover that information is cheating, pure and simple.

Now, I don't care if you want to play the game that way, but many of us don't. Hence a simple request to put that information in spoilers.

2 hours ago, warlock said:

If it's his PA then it's a cheat now, isn't it? The game has a detailed and complex system for simulating scouting and coach assessment. There's a reason PA, CA and "hidden attributes" are hidden and using external tools to uncover that information is cheating, pure and simple.

Now, I don't care if you want to play the game that way, but many of us don't. Hence a simple request to put that information in spoilers.

Well yes it is PA, as you knew.

I don't need a lecture from you on this If there is rule on hidden attributes than admin/mod should warn us, after all I mention one player and in picture above you have over 30 players.

I'm 38, and with job, wife and two sons I don't have 15 hours a day to play and search every details. Playing CM/FM for over 25 years and only in last two FMs I bought In Game Editor just to see make some changes in Premier League for example (more subs or more players involved in first team - not only 25 over 21 years). So you can't call every player who have InGameEditor "cheater". Keep that in mind.

Even with PA you don't have guaranties that you can win all with any club in the World. If you don't have good coaches or training system is unlikely for youngster to improve.

Have a nice day and let's play FM. Full version is out there!

22 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

Well yes it is PA, as you knew.

I don't need a lecture from you on this If there is rule on hidden attributes than admin/mod should warn us, after all I mention one player and in picture above you have over 30 players.

I'm 38, and with job, wife and two sons I don't have 15 hours a day to play and search every details. Playing CM/FM for over 25 years and only in last two FMs I bought In Game Editor just to see make some changes in Premier League for example (more subs or more players involved in first team - not only 25 over 21 years). So you can't call every player who have InGameEditor "cheater". Keep that in mind.

Even with PA you don't have guaranties that you can win all with any club in the World. If you don't have good coaches or training system is unlikely for youngster to improve.

Have a nice day and let's play FM. Full version is out there!

Warlock is just simply asking you to put it in a spoiler, a very simple request. It's not like he's telling you not to post it at all. If you can't respect those around you, that's when arguments start and none of us are here for arguments (hopefully). I for one couldn't really care that you posted it, but I know a lot of people on these forums like to play the game as it was originally intended and posting information like that without spoilers could potentially ruin their experience of the game (once you've seen it, it can't be unseen). His opinion is that it's a cheat because of the way he plays the game, you can't change that opinion no matter how you spin it. Also, if you like to play that way and don't consider it a cheat, nobody is (or should) be here to judge you for that, as that's how you get your enjoyment from the game. I hope that you will listen and don't take this as an attack.

47 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

I mention one player and in picture above you have over 30 players

Which is why I made the request to both of you.

49 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

If there is rule on hidden attributes than admin/mod should warn us

Forum rules since 2012, and I quote:

"When talking about a player, whether it be in a team thread or a player thread, Do Not post CA or PA without using the spoiler tags."

4 hours ago, warlock said:

Perhaps you'd like to put these things in spoilers? Not everyone cheats like this.

My bad, it was in the spur of the moment post, have done :thup:

17 minutes ago, mikenevo said:

Warlock is just simply asking you to put it in a spoiler, a very simple request. It's not like he's telling you not to post it at all. If you can't respect those around you, that's when arguments start and none of us are here for arguments (hopefully). I for one couldn't really care that you posted it, but I know a lot of people on these forums like to play the game as it was originally intended and posting information like that without spoilers could potentially ruin their experience of the game (once you've seen it, it can't be unseen). His opinion is that it's a cheat because of the way he plays the game, you can't change that opinion no matter how you spin it. Also, if you like to play that way and don't consider it a cheat, nobody is (or should) be here to judge you for that, as that's how you get your enjoyment from the game. I hope that you will listen and don't take this as an attack.

He was asking me fyi, as for the post, it's been put in spoilers. Anyone can access it, so it's all good :)

2 minutes ago, BigV said:

My bad, it was in the spur of the moment post, have done :thup:

He was asking me fyi, as for the post, it's been put in spoilers. Anyone can access it, so it's all good :)

He was asking you both in fairness, but milan_manutd didn't seem to take to his request too kindly. Respect to you for putting it in spoilers though :thup:

5 hours ago, warlock said:

@mikenevo

If this is polite to you than OK, since you are take Warlock advocate role here.

@warlock

And if one number will ruin your game experience I'm sorry. No more CA PA without spoiler.

9 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

@mikenevo

If this is polite to you than OK, since you are take Warlock advocate role here.

@warlock

And if one number will ruin your game experience I'm sorry. No more CA PA without spoiler.

No it wasn't polite and I never said it was, however the fact is you broke a rule which was put in place to respect those around you and their way of playing the game, so it's not about advocating anything. Just be the bigger man like BigV (no pun intended) and admit you made a mistake and don't say "I'm sorry" when it's very clear from that sentence that you actually aren't, it just looks childish.

Anyway, as I've already said, we aren't here to argue (which it seems we are starting to do), so if you don't agree with what I'm saying, then that's fine, I have nothing more to say.

A little update on the 2nd season.

Jan window has been and gone, I didn't buy anyone but a couple went out.

444539926_s2jantransfers.png.b577e22b26b90c69da3389de48f92634.png

Tuanzebe wasn't really playing, so 26 mil from PSG was good money.

Getting to the business end of the season, we have a carabao cup final against Man city and am still in both the fa cup and champs league. But just look at the league table.

1908068714_s2update.thumb.png.b3b1754b15ae7daac5739a8e70df7a6a.png

Ourselves and city with Identical records. They are top as they beat us 3-2 in the game between us.

Tried the demo, been on it for about 5 hours:

Our midfield really have regressed attribute wise, fred has gone from an ok cm to a must GET RID ASAP! Donny is still strong. Got the board to get 80m for Rice and somehow got him on 80k wages... 

Wide players don't cut in as IW/IF's, they run wide for some reason and really kills my attacks. 

AWB also needs sold, he's awful, dalot attribute wise is so much better. Also found slower tempo to be damaging more than useful, they just pass it around and nothing comes off it. Gonna go through pre season and test it again but im having much fun using higher tempo, short passing. 

40 minutes ago, BigV said:

Our midfield really have regressed attribute wise, fred has gone from an ok cm to a must GET RID ASAP! Donny is still strong. Got the board to get 80m for Rice and somehow got him on 80k wages... 

Wide players don't cut in as IW/IF's, they run wide for some reason and really kills my attacks. 

AWB also needs sold, he's awful, dalot attribute wise is so much better. Also found slower tempo to be damaging more than useful, they just pass it around and nothing comes off it. Gonna go through pre season and test it again but im having much fun using higher tempo, short passing. 

Bad thing is I disable the first window so I have to put up with all the **** we have in the squad currently 😂 We are predicted to finish 4th in this one, but I would say the centre of midfield really lets us down like you say. I'll just hope for top 4 in the first season until I can bring in quality midfielders. I don't tend to make many moves in January either so I'll probably go the season with this bunch. 

As for tactics, I agree that short passing and higher tempo seems to work better, I like that style anyway with an aggressive press, but I still like to have some sort of control in terms of overall possession, which is tough to achieve this year. I'm not going down the obvious 4231 route this time either, I'm committing to a 3412 which imo gets the best out of Ronaldo, he's much more suited now in a strike partnership at his age imo. It should be fine considering Greenwood and Rashford can easily play up top too. This way nobody gets left out apart from fullbacks, but Shaw will be playing CB for me and Bissaka will be retrained to MR but he probably will be sold as he's not attacking enough for me. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

1 hour ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Bad thing is I disable the first window so I have to put up with all the **** we have in the squad currently 😂 We are predicted to finish 4th in this one, but I would say the centre of midfield really lets us down like you say. I'll just hope for top 4 in the first season until I can bring in quality midfielders. I don't tend to make many moves in January either so I'll probably go the season with this bunch. 

As for tactics, I agree that short passing and higher tempo seems to work better, I like that style anyway with an aggressive press, but I still like to have some sort of control in terms of overall possession, which is tough to achieve this year. I'm not going down the obvious 4231 route this time either, I'm committing to a 3412 which imo gets the best out of Ronaldo, he's much more suited now in a strike partnership at his age imo. It should be fine considering Greenwood and Rashford can easily play up top too. This way nobody gets left out apart from fullbacks, but Shaw will be playing CB for me and Bissaka will be retrained to MR but he probably will be sold as he's not attacking enough for me. 

If anything I'd train him as a CB also not really good enough last last year either 

17 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

If anything I'd train him as a CB also not really good enough last last year either 

Yeah I forgot about that actually, if he can get his positioning up he could be a decent CB. I'll do that instead, but can see me selling him tbh. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson

8 hours ago, BigV said:

I think with AWB it depends how you use him, I've managed to get success out of him, although not as good as Shaw on the opposite side.

8 hours ago, mikenevo said:

I think with AWB it depends how you use him, I've managed to get success out of him, although not as good as Shaw on the opposite side.

No first team rightback should have 11 positioning, im sorry but thats a line I cannot bare. If his off the ball was like 15+ i'd be ok but hes really weak attribute wise.

9 minutes ago, BigV said:

No first team rightback should have 11 positioning, im sorry but thats a line I cannot bare. If his off the ball was like 15+ i'd be ok but hes really weak attribute wise.

Worst part is it's probably higher than should be really also