Very good players on free transfer with no interested clubs

Hi there,

Camavinga and Todibo will sign for my club, in the end of 3rd season, both free. But what I found really odd was that no other club was interested in them, besides me. We're not exactly talking about average players here. Camavinga should have at least a list of top clubs fighting for him.

Is that normal?

Edited by mikcheck

I had this around 3/4 seasons in with Vinicius jnr and Rodrygo from Real on one save. Both were being let go for free. I was the only club interested in either of them. They must have only played around 30 games in 3/4 seasons BETWEEN them. Which in itself I found very odd, but might explain why no other clubs were interested. Sort of. They were both 24, both had developed naturally (although not as much as if they’d actually been playing) but I bought both of them and both were huge successes.

Carmavinga is seriously odd though. He’s pretty much the best CM on the game!

6 horas atrás, GreenTriangle disse:

This is the question. Why didn't they sign an extension of their contracts with these clubs they played until now ?

It looks like Camavinga refused to sign a new contract deal and then we was transfer listed for only 16M, but seems like nobody was interested (!!). I was shocked when I noticed I could sign him for free.

cama.jpg.f4c2185ed891f0e216e0ed01fc6e73ca.jpg

Todibo it's also very odd because he is in fact playing in Barcelona 1st team, but he got injured for 4 months. Don't know why the hell they didn't offer him a new contract either.

todibo2.png.14626d73096624d281df33f46a752beb.png

todibo.png.097116c8b98ed84b3b58dae45d332971.png

Edited by mikcheck

• Administrators

Would need a save uploaded really to see why - ideally before a deal is agreed elsewhere to see why other clubs aren't looking at these players. If you do so, tag me here with the file name and I can take a look - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/538431-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

What I also find strange is that when Todibo signed for Barca they only seemingly did so with a one-year deal. 

1 hora atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Would need a save uploaded really to see why - ideally before a deal is agreed elsewhere to see why other clubs aren't looking at these players. If you do so, tag me here with the file name and I can take a look - https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/538431-how-to-upload-files-to-us/

What I also find strange is that when Todibo signed for Barca they only seemingly did so with a one-year deal. 

Hi @Neil Brock

The only file I have from that save before I signed them both for free was from 7 months back, so I put into vacation mode until 10th December.  Camavinga's contract is almost expiring and still no clubs interested. On the other hand, Todibo was sold to Milan for €37M.

So I've uploaded with the name "Free Transfer". Please report back , I'd really like to know if there's any issue with that particular situation or is it because it just happened to be that way in this save.

Edited by mikcheck

30 minutos atrás, Neil Brock disse:

Something a little unusual with the save - I see you've put in a fair few editor changes, what exactly have you changed? 

The only thing I did try and use for that save was this https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/539453-fm21-smarter-ai-managers-staff-increase-the-difficulty/

Edited by mikcheck

But it can't be because of that. Look at this guy for example, I asked if he used any editor, because he also signed Camavinga and other players for free:

"I have the original game and 21.4 version database, no editors or whatsoever. I signed Tonali and Moukoko both free transfers, I've made the deal in January. In July I've noticed that Camavinga had no club, so I obviously signed him too!"

Edited by mikcheck

9 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

But it can't be because of that. Look at this guy for example, I asked if he used any editor, because he also signed Camavinga and other players for free:

"I have the original game and 21.4 version database, no editors or whatsoever. I signed Tonali and Moukoko both free transfers, I've made the deal in January. In July I've noticed that Camavinga had no club, so I obviously signed him too!"

Get him to upload the game the same way then? Since Neil can take a look as he did with yours.

3 horas atrás, XaW disse:

Get him to upload the game the same way then? Since Neil can take a look as he did with yours.

I asked him for it, but he only has one save file and he's already way ahead past that period.

One thing overlooked at times is finances. 

a club may have millions in the bank, but hit their wage budget. Looking into several clubs wage budgets, transfer fees, highest salaries, etc, can help determine if the issue  is financial. 

or, are there many wonderkids available, so picking up a cheap world beater on cheap wages is more appealing?

38 minutos atrás, majesticeternity disse:

One thing overlooked at times is finances. 

a club may have millions in the bank, but hit their wage budget. Looking into several clubs wage budgets, transfer fees, highest salaries, etc, can help determine if the issue  is financial. 

or, are there many wonderkids available, so picking up a cheap world beater on cheap wages is more appealing?

But the thing here is that the player - which is one of the best midfielder in game - had no clubs interested to sign him for free, not even one. 

Also, the club tried to offer a new contract deal, but he refused. 

1 minute ago, mikcheck said:

But the thing here is that the player - which is one of the best midfielder in game - had no clubs interested to sign him for free, not even one. 

Also, the club tried to offer a new contract deal, but he refused. 

Even on free, they would have had to pay his wages. so finances may still be involved, or younger/better players available.

Just offering possibilities.

But yes, it seems odd and shouldn't be the case that no one is interested.

• Administrators

Realistically we'd need an unedited save to look into these types of issues, especially when the purpose of those edits is to attempt to change how the AI works in game. 

With that specific player there's a balance between the player being too good and only interested in the very top clubs, and the very top clubs not all being interest due to either having too many players in the same position, or having limited funds to offer the type of contract the player would want - whilst it's a 'bargain' in the sense the player is signed on a free, those saved costs are in part put into the loyalty fee and overall structure of the contact.