Why I am this good?

Ok, before few days I posted one narrow and fast tactic (433) on one Facebook group and many  people told me not to play fast and narrow in combination. And I agreed. But I answered that I know that but also saying that game loves this gegen way of tactics.

This is not super tactic. I mean, game is specific. It is clear that it wouldn't be like this in 1st season and it wouldn't be like this with some other team, this game reacts differently because of context, but again there are some rule, like in my opinion - fast and narrow.

Is there possibility to be this succesfull by playing different style? I cant do it... And question of all questions - what to do when AI figures it out? :D

Snimka zaslona 2021-05-31 231256.png

Snimka zaslona 2021-05-31 231317.png

Snimka zaslona 2021-05-31 231339.png

Not long ago, you were regularly complaining about the game because you were not able to create a tactic that works. Now you have a tactic that obviously works, but you still keep posting in the same manner.

Do you actually know what you want? :sega: 

1 hour ago, flauta kicma said:

what to do when AI figures it out?

As has been repeated millions of times in the forum - AI cannot figure your tactic out :herman:

All AI can do is adapt to a change in your reputation by becoming either more defensive (if you are overachieving) or more attacking (if you are underachieving) against you. But it cannot figure out your tactic. 

I normally asked, based on my impressions some things about tactics in general, about fast and quick approach, I havent said that I am unsatisfied or something.

Edited by Experienced Defender
needless remark edited out

Ok, before few days I posted one narrow and fast tactic (433) on one Facebook group and many  people told me not to play fast and narrow in combination. And I agreed. But I answered that I know that but also saying that game loves this gegen way of tactics.

This is not super tactic. I mean, game is specific. It is clear that it wouldn't be like this in 1st season and it wouldn't be like this with some other team, this game reacts differently because of context, but again there are some rule, like in my opinion - fast and narrow.

Is there possibility to be this succesfull by playing different style? I cant do it... And question of all questions - what to do when AI figures it out? :D

Snimka zaslona 2021-05-31 231256.png

Snimka zaslona 2021-05-31 231317.png

I mean when you have a player like rebelo which is already a world class player playing in the dutch league with a good feyenoord team that has good players it does not take a tactical genius to win the league in dominating fashion.

Not sure if you have the in game editor but I am pretty sure his CA is around 170-180 which is a top player in a big European club.

Good players will always win you games regardless of tactics.

You can try to do the same tactic with the original feyenoord squad you will not find it easy at all.

Edited by zyfon5

38 minutes ago, flauta kicma said:

I normally asked, based on my impressions some things about tactics in general, about fast and quick approach, I havent said that I am unsatisfied or something.

Okay. Let's see what you posted in the opening post: 

Ok, before few days I posted one narrow and fast tactic (433) on one Facebook group and many  people told me not to play fast and narrow in combination. And I agreed. But I answered that I know that but also saying that game loves this gegen way of tactics

And then you posted this screenshot: 

Question: What does this 424 wide tactic/formation from the screenshot have to do with the 433 narrow formation that you initially mentioned? 

Next:

Is there possibility to be this succesfull by playing different style?

Of course it is possible to be successful with a number of different styles. "Fast and narrow" means nothing without a context, just as "slow and wide" means nothing either.

5 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Looks like a humblebrag to me. Not cool.  :sega:

meh I doubt that his tactics won him the title if not for the players that he managed to assemble. I have seen greater achievements than this on this forum alone. If he had brag about his transfer business that he had done instead of his tactics, then I can agree that it is quite remarkable.

7 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

I still don't understand what is your tactical dilemma here? Are you asking us for tactical advise because your tactic is too good? :idiot:

Nope. Only wondering is this proof that gegenpress style cant be outmatched if context is right (good players, etc.)

50 minutes ago, flauta kicma said:

Nope. Only wondering is this proof that gegenpress style cant be outmatched if context is right (good players, etc.)

No, it is just the most natural and easiest way of how people set up their tactics, especially tactical unexperienced players.

A style that relies on inviting pressure to then launch counter attacks or to pull off a style that effectively relies on possession and complex attacking patterns to open up space, can be quite tricky as you may need to actually understand how things work

nevertheless Gegenpress is a modern, very intense and effective style of play. 

I ask myself the same question everyday :D

Honestly, you have a good team, and what looks like the best forward in the world along with Esposito, Brenner, and Mbuemo. That attack should crush every other Eredivisie team with ease.

Your 424 isn't overly cavalier. I wouldn't pick the same roles but it's not too attacking. But like some said, I think it's your players, rather than your tactics.

Edited by TheJanitor

2 hours ago, CARRERA said:

No, it is just the most natural and easiest way of how people set up their tactics, especially tactical unexperienced players.

A style that relies on inviting pressure to then launch counter attacks or to pull off a style that effectively relies on possession and complex attacking patterns to open up space, can be quite tricky as you may need to actually understand how things work

nevertheless Gegenpress is a modern, very intense and effective style of play. 

To add to this, there is a community wide trend to focus way to much on youth development 

This leads to a lot of ppl icorectly assuming that an aggressive high intensity style is more effective, since it works better for the type of squad they are building 

7 minutes ago, Falahk said:

To add to this, there is a community wide trend to focus way to much on youth development 

This leads to a lot of ppl icorectly assuming that an aggressive high intensity style is more effective, since it works better for the type of squad they are building 

Interesting thought. How do you link youth development to high-intensity tactics?

9 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

But the tactic you posted (4-2-4) is not gegenpress. 

Not 100 percent, I mean not that I used SI preset, but main idea is there - narrow width, normal passing, counter, counter-press...

Thank you all for answers.

As I said it, wanted to see do you agree that "gegen" approach is ideal one, okay - you guys said it doesnt need to be. But I still havent figured it out how to to id differently :)

I personally never play gegenpress or anything even close to such style. 

14 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

Not 100 percent, I mean not that I used SI preset, but main idea is there - narrow width, normal passing, counter, counter-press...

Counter-press (team instruction) and gegenpress (tactical style) are different things. I am stressing this because there are people who confuse the two. I don't know if you are one of them, just saying.

14 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

Thank you all for answers.

As I said it, wanted to see do you agree that "gegen" approach is ideal one, okay - you guys said it doesnt need to be. But I still havent figured it out how to to id differently :)

I agree with @Experienced Defender your tactic is not really geggenpress or even counter-press. It just looks like a basic direct attack tactic.