FM21 and new Apple OS Big Sur update...

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but Apple have just released a system upgrade to OS Bug Sur - is it advisable not to make this upgrade just yet, in regards to FM21, given the issues Catalina caused last year on FM20?

https://www.apple.com/uk/macos/big-sur/

Just wanted to check as it caused a lot of hassle last year. Has any other Mac user upgraded yet and played the FM21 Beta?

I'm not updating and for that reason in our company we asked our employees to not to do by now. It ask permision for everything, which is nice for security reasons but can also create issues with sutff not working because lack of permisions. Anyway I prefer others to "beatest" operating systems anyway, no hurry to upgrade until they are tested and stable by plenty of users, unlike FM that I love betatesting :)

Edited by Icy

Yeah, last year I bought a new Mac and it came with an upgraded Catalina which caused so many issues with FM20, I really don't want to be in the same place having to find workarounds so I'll hold off until someone says its OK to upgrade and it will run FM21 fine.

27 minutes ago, M.D said:

Ive upgraded today and the only problem I've found was lagging during the game, Ive had to turn the graphics down a notch to medium which is not ideal

The option to turn off retina display improved game speed in fm20 on mac but you cant turn off retina display in fm21 beta

14 hours ago, EdL said:

Thats something we will fix with the full release, its nothing to worry about anyway

Are you sure? This is something I have been seeing for a few months on FM20 on macOS 10.15 Catalina and the same on FM21 Beta. Every time I quit both games it comes up. Easy to click ignore of course but it's strange.

Have you seen this come up on FM20 on Catalina?

Late 2013 Macbook pro here too.

Played the Beta Tue-Fri without issues on Catalina, finished 2 seasons.

Upgraded to Big Sur Friday evening.

Game causes shutdowns of the machine pretty much every time now. Sometimes after 10 minutes of playing, sometimes when I click on 'load game' in the start screen.

Mentioned in the crashes section.

1 hour ago, kokafalasi said:

Late 2013 Macbook pro here too.

Played the Beta Tue-Fri without issues on Catalina, finished 2 seasons.

Upgraded to Big Sur Friday evening.

Game causes shutdowns of the machine pretty much every time now. Sometimes after 10 minutes of playing, sometimes when I click on 'load game' in the start screen.

Mentioned in the crashes section.

Haven’t upgraded to sur yet, so as long as it runs ok on the Mac in general (I’m sure Sur support will be grand come release) then will prob get this in next few days

MacBook Pro 2017 13-inch user here, ever since updating to macOS Big Sur my FM20 keeps crashing at various points (doesn't even fully load, gets to the main home screen and just about when a save finishes loading). I play via Epic Games Launcher and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and the launcher only to figure out it was most likely the update that caused the crashing. Any updates on when this will be fixed? 

Edited by fujimaru