dafuge's FM21 challenge

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2047/48

Despite years of success, the club was on the brink of financial collapse. I had to rebuild the squad to keep the finances in check.

League Table - far from our best as we fielded a lot of new youngsters.

Community Shield - a great start to the season.

UEFA Super Cup - we left it late.

League Cup  - penalties got the better of us.

FA Cup - we got the unlikely cup final revenge.

UEFA Champions League - we got really lucky in the final.

Squad - I've got the average age down, but there's a few more key players to replace.

Transfers - I raided Flamengo to replace our high earners.

Finances - we made a profit, which was crucial.

Key Player Profiles:

Alessio Diamante - top scorer from the supporting role.

César Agirrezabala - our most valuable player, but he could be replaceable.

Kacper Zalewski - another legend who's time might be up.

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22     National League South        14th           
2022/23     National League South        1st          Promoted as champions
2023/24     National League              14th
2024/25     National League              7th
2025/26     National League              2nd          Promoted via playoffs
2026/27     League Two                   7th          Promoted via playoffs
2027/28     League One                   6th       
2028/29     League One                   1st          Promoted as champions
2029/30     Championship                 2nd          Promoted
2030/31     Premier League               14th
2031/32     Premier League               7th
2032/33     Premier League               4th
2033/34     Premier League               5th          Europa League winners
2034/35     Premier League               3rd          League Cup finalists, Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League finalists
2036/37     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2037/38     Premier League               1st          League Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2038/39     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2039/40     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2040/41     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2042/43     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2046/47     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

The squad rebuild has to continue, but it's the new stadium announcement I'm really hopeful of.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitby Town

59f253cd84f12_118px-Whitby_town_fc(1).png.bbd6a36e55629eafb4f1a3cea9507cab.png 

Championship– 2030/31 – 16th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

I was genuinely concerned at the start of this season that we might slip straight back into League One. Recruitment didn’t go well and we were unable to bring in permanent signings anywhere near the quality of our loan signings from the previous season. Because of our promotion to the Championship teams were asking for significantly increased wage contributions for loan signings. I was able to re-sign a handful of players I had on loan last season. I was unable to find any improvements to my attacking line up but my defence was fairly solid. With the size of the step up into the Championship, I was concerned that we wouldn’t be strong enough to survive.

We started the season okay with two wins from our first three games. After this however we only won one game in the next thirteen. This placed us in the relegation zone but from here things improved. Up to the end of January we won eight of the next thirteen games and we were closer to the playoffs than the relegation zone. Form was more indifferent to the end of the season but we were a clear distance from the relegation zone and worries of relegation were a long way off.

The good news was that we were able to bank a fair amount of revenue due to having the lowest wage bill in the league. Hopefully we’ll be able to look at improving the squad for next season.

Key Players

Alfie MullanAfter breaking his ankle last season, Mullan recovered well and scored 18 league goals.

Mathew Worrall After scoring ten goals in League One last season the right winger scored 13 this season.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22         Conference North                19th       
2022/23         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.      
2023/24         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions.      
2024/25         Conference National             13th                                           
2025/26         Conference National             7th                                             Play-off Loser.
2026/27         Conference National             3rd                                             Play-off Final Loser.
2027/28         Conference National             1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2028/29         League Two                      3rd                                             Promoted
2029/30         League One                      2nd                                             Promoted
2030/31         Championship                    16th                                           

I've been wanting to come back to a save starting at a small club for a while and so I took a break from my long term save attempting The Ultimate Football Challenge to return to this one. 

Banbury United

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United are the club that I've decided on attempting the challenge with this year as they look to embark on their first ever season at this level with hero of my previous save, Terry Hart at the reins. Here is the starting profile.

18544cf7c8ea9952d2dde1a2ce233132.png

I'm looking forward to diving into this challenge again, this time with my greatest ever Football Manager transfer at the helm (Here was how he did in the previous save)

2WTwvU6.png

Heard about this challenge , was intrigued as I’ve never played with attribute masking on, so giving it a try. 

reading the rules I was confused by the rule of mandatory capability to scout the player , can anyone explain ?

what I used to do was set the scouting budget to max , add all interested players into a shortlist and then a massive wave of literally 1000 trails or so in the first three months happens to get the best players possible. 

other than that I always look up released youth players of England only. 

are both ways of getting players in allowed by the rules ? 

so far I found Vanorama National to be really hard , as it felt really brutal to find players who want to join a semi pro club with corresponding wages while you actually need pro players to get out of that hellhole league.

1 minute ago, FComniworld said:

Heard about this challenge , was intrigued as I’ve never played with attribute masking on, so giving it a try. 

reading the rules I was confused by the rule of mandatory capability to scout the player , can anyone explain ?

what I used to do was set the scouting budget to max , add all interested players into a shortlist and then a massive wave of literally 1000 trails or so in the first three months happens to get the best players possible. 

other than that I always look up released youth players of England only. 

are both ways of getting players in allowed by the rules ? 

so far I found Vanorama National to be really hard , as it felt really brutal to find players who want to join a semi pro club with corresponding wages while you actually need pro players to get out of that hellhole league.

Yes, that's fine.

The rules were originally put in place to prevent the signing of 'known stars' (possibly from obscure countries) that were unreachable for the clubs at the start. 

Best of luck :thup:

Bamberbridgefc.png.e6d6aff2e20622bc2933892f3701cd18.png

Crispypaul
Bamber Bridge

Premier League
2033/34

League - Season Review 1 | Season Review 2 - we finally clicked properly this season, helped by a far tighter defence, and were after a short while riding high at the top of the table, to eventually lift the league title.

FA Cup - Fixtures - knocked out in the quarter finals by Man Utd

EFL Cup - Fixtures - retained the trophy with a 4-1 win over Arsenal in the final

Champions League - Fixtures | Table - a pretty tough group of PSG, Dortmund and Villareal looked tricky on paper - however some extraordinary results including two 6-1 wins and beating PSG 4-2 at home lead to a knockout fixture against Sporting Lisbon.  5 goals with no reply set up Juventus in the quarters.  We scored 5 away in Turn to take us through to the semis where domestic challengers Man Utd awaited.  A 3-3 draw at Old Trafford led to a home tie where we thumped them 4-1 to set up a first final against Bayern Munich.  Unfortunately we went 2-0 down but two goals in the last ten minutes led to extra time, then penalties when no team broke the deadlock.  Despite missing our first penalty as Bayern did we finally triumphed to unexpectedly lift the Champions League on the first time of asking.

Finances - nuts

Transfers - I made some changes including buying a new keeper (not shown here..oops) enough to push us over the line

Squad

Top 6 players

Gustavo Minetti - Argentine right back is really top quality

David Romano - continued to be great at the back

Earl Fairhurst - not as prolific but still scoring

Amar Schlesser - German/Luxembourg forward bought from Liverpool the previous season banged in more goals

Hugo Arias - crazy prolific again

Future - that's the challenge completed - I won't be posting any more so best of luck to those carrying on :thup:

Season	 	Division	Position	FA Cup		League Cup		Europe		Notes						
2021/22     	VNN	     	     1st         3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted
2022/23		VNL		     4th  	 3rd round		-		-	Lost in play off semi
2023/24		VNL		     1st	 3rd round		-		-	League winners, promoted, FA Trophy winners
2024/25		L2		     1st	 5th round	1st round		-	League winners, promoted
2025/26		L1		     3rd	 5th round	1st round 		-	Lost in play off final
2026/27		L1		     2nd	 QF		1st round		-	Promoted
2027/28		CH		     3rd	 4th round	2nd round 		- 	Lost in play off final
2028/29		CH		     2nd	 SF		3rd round		-	Promoted, runners up
2029/30		PL		     14th	 SF		4th round	 	- 	Stayed up
2030/31		PL		     5th 	 QF		4th round 		- 	Qualified for Europa League
2031/32		PL		     5th	 Runners-up	4th round		EL SF 	Qualified for Europa League
2032/33		PL		     4th	 Winners	Winners			EL SF	Qualified for Champions League
2033/34		PL		     1st	 QF		Winners		   Winners (CL)	Won League and Champions League, challenge complete

Whitby Town

Championship– 2031/32 – 11th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

An improved second season in the championship, still a way from the play-offs and the prospect of the Premier League but definite progression. I have been able to improve the standard of the squad while reducing our reliance on loan players. In previous years I was regularly utilising the allowed five loan players in my line up with further loan players to replace them in the event of injury. This season I regularly played just two with Dan Dawson in his third season on loan with us in midfield and Aidan Fletcher at centre-back. The biggest signings were goalkeeper Ben German and left-back Mordon Mkandawire. These were positions I have struggled with since we joined the football league and so were satisfying to fill.  I have been reliant on free transfers however with little funds to spend.

The season started indifferently with upper mid-table form until we hit disastrous form from the start of December to the end of February. This three month slump saw us dip into the lower half of the table. We always held a significant points gap to the relegation zone which only fell as small as seven points. If the form had continued we might have had cause to worry however. Inexplicably however we went unbeaten from there until the end of the season accruing eight wins from eleven games.

Key Players

Alfie MullanAnother solid season for the 22 year old English striker who hit 25 goals.

Cameron Smithex-Aston Villa wide attacker hit ten goals and added eleven assists.

Luke HendersonCentre-back who signed from Man City on a free and was excellent.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.      
2023/24         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions.      
2025/26         Conference National             7th                                             Play-off Loser.
2026/27         Conference National             3rd                                             Play-off Final Loser.
2027/28         Conference National             1st                                             Promoted, Champions.
2028/29         League Two                            3rd                                             Promoted
2029/30         League One                            2nd                                             Promoted
2030/31         Championship                          16th                                           
2031/32         Championship                          11th             

It's just occurred to me that I've now been exclusively playing Dafuge and European equivalent challenges for longer than the time I wasn't. I played my first Dafuge challenge in 2009 (I think) so that's 13 versions since then. The first version of the game I played was CM97/98 and that's 12 versions to FM2008.

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2021/22

National League North: 8th

As ever with a first season in this, the first the first pre-season was a manic one as I decided on a formation and then signings to match. The squad I inherited was very bare bones which is as expected really. but did have a few decent strikers so, I landed upon a 4-4-2 so made signings with that in mind. Overall, I was pretty happy with the dealings I was able to do prior to the season commencing, though we were still handily the bookies relegation favourites. The season started off very hot and cold with us putting in some very respectable performances bunched in with heavy losses. Overall, our early form did see us roughly mid-table which I would have been very happy with, though our fortunes changed in November.

Two signings were confirmed right at the start of November in Goalkeeper Rohan Luthra and Midfielder Teddy Davey joining us, and I'm pinning the duo signing as the main factor behind our upturn in form, even if either were even that consistently standout. Following their collective arrival, when they played we picked up a very good 1.74 points per game, form which saw us shoot up the table and actually look like we could do the unthinkable and get a playoff berth in our first season. And, actually with 3 games left to play we did find ourselves in the playoffs with 3 games to go, and 2 of those against rivals for the playoff places. The first of the two saw us batter King's Lynn 4-1 to put us in a strong position going into the last 2 games, and despite a loss in our following game we were still in the playoffs in our last game against Southport side who had nothing to play for. The game was a bit back and forth and at different points we were doing the hokey cokey with the playoff positions, alas we collapsed after taking the lead early in the second half to drop out the playoffs. 

We had a reasonable turn out in the FA cup reaching the 4th qualifying round, though our FA Trophy journey ended after just the one fixture. Overall though, I'm happy with what we achieved this season as I wasn't expecting to be any where near playoffs. I am a little worried for next season though, as despite a strong season next time as a few of our better players are yet to be interested in renewing their contracts. I managed to do a couple coaching courses this season which is a good start.

Key Players

Henry Landers - Landers was without a goal in the opening 14 league games this season yet ended the season with 30 league goals to his name, hopefully next season he can start his season earlier and get even more.

James Constable - Landers' strike partner, the veteran striker playing a solid supporting role with 14 goals and 8 assists. He also has a good personality which makes him a good mentor.

Jake Barrett - Our best centre back, we didn't have the best of defensive records, but Barrett still played pretty well all season.

Obviously, the previously mentioned two players that spurred our form upturn are also key players, but I already covered them a little. 

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2048/49

Things needed to change as the average age was on the rise and the wages were spiralling out of control. The size of our stadium meant we just couldn't finance the squad we had.

League Table - this was a bit of a surprise as although we lost a few, a huge run of wins in the middle took us up to 100 points.

Community Shield - it was a great start for my new look squad.

UEFA Super Cup - once again, the new players excelled.

League Cup - this was a shock as our fringe players proved themselves to be far better than expected.

FA Cup - it started well, but we made an early exit.

UEFA Champions League - we got really lucky in the knockout stages, failing to win any of the first legs.

Squad - selling those key players turned out to be far less of a risk than I had expected.

Transfers - Wembangomo was missed, but the others were easily replaced.

Finances - a small profit, but I have plenty still to some in the sales I made in instalments.

Key Player Profiles:

Alessio Diamante - top scorer, which is worrying for Mauro.

Atanas Georgiev - £105m seems like a bargain.

Lloyd Mutch - I pinched him from Liverpool last season, he could be the one to replace Mauro.

Career Overview:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2034/35     Premier League               3rd          League Cup finalists, Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League finalists
2036/37     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2037/38     Premier League               1st          League Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2038/39     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2039/40     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2040/41     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2042/43     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2046/47     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

I suspect I have two more years before anything happens with the stadium, so I just need to keep working on the finances until then.

Whitby Town

Championship– 2032/33 – 2nd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion to the Premier League was achieved in our third season in the Championship. A second place finish saw us promoted automatically. Pre-season saw us make a handful of key signings. Striker Ken Roberts and Winger Ciaran Sargent were signed from Chelsea on free transfers. Both proved conundrums for the team. Roberts would be competing with Alfie Mullan who was our striker for the previous three seasons. Both were very similar with impressive physical attributes but unsuited to a wide role. Therefore only one could be accommodated in our 4-2-3-1 formation. I therefore took the decision to allow Mullan to join Blackburn for £3.1m. Sargent on the other hand was a traditional right winger who would not be ideal as a right sided inside forward. I decided to re-train him for the left wing where he ultimately was a massive success. With Roberts and Sargent in place I had a solid first XI but was short a centre-back. An extensive search was a struggle but Aaron Neal was a decent option, signing for £375k from Swindon.

Form was immediately strong with only a single defeat in the each of the first four months of the season. Following a 2-1 defeat to Birmingham in November we went undefeated for 11 games and then returned to our pattern of one defeat every month until April where we lost two of our last three games denying our chances of the title.

The step up to the Premier League will be considerable so significant re-inforcements will be required.

Key Players

Ciaran SargentThe ex-Chelsea midfielder arrived on a free and converted to play a left sided inside forward role scoring 12 goals.

Ken RobertsAnother free transfer from Chelsea, big striker Roberts scored 24 goals.

Record

2022/23         Conference North                2nd                                             Playoff Finalists.      
2026/27         Conference National             3rd                                             Play-off Final Loser.
2028/29         League Two                      3rd                                             Promoted
2029/30         League One                      2nd                                             Promoted
2030/31         Championship                    16th                                           
2031/32         Championship                    11th                                            
2032/33         Championship                    2nd                                             Promoted

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2022/23

National League North: 8th

Another very busy summer of transfers as most of our players from last season either rejected contracts or I decided not to renew them, but I was happy with the signings I did make, thinking us a stronger team this term. The number of transfers I'm making is also why I'm not yet attaching a transfers screenshot to my updates just waiting till it dies down a little.

The season followed pretty much the blueprint of last, our start very patchy, if not worse then last season as we found ourselves in the relegation zone before roughly around November we again picked up our form and made a surge towards the playoffs. Before, yet again, towards the end of the season with us in the playoffs we lost back to back games to drop out at the end of the season. It's clear to me that the large turnover of players means that we're starting the season on the backfoot, but thankfully we do have at least the core of the side contracted for next season so maybe we can start off well.

In the FA cup we got to the same stage as last but we did do a little better in the FA Trophy. On the coaching badges side I've managed to get up to continental C whilst studying for the next one already. I must be doing something right though as just after we entered the relegation zone early in the season I got my first 3 job interviews from teams at this level before a bit later on Championship Oxford offered me an interview.

Key Players:

Ethan Johnston - Brought in in the summer to be one of our strikers he was the one that made himself the undroppable striker although didn't quite reach the goal scoring heights Landers managed last season, but he did settle in eventually getting a very respectable 28 goals in the league

Albie Hopkins - Although never a top performer in terms of average ratings Hopkins provided a lot of assists this season totalling 17 in the league, comfortably the highest in the league, probably somewhat aided by his 15 corners but very good nonetheless.

Jake Barrett - The first repeat name on the list, and the only player other than Johnston that averaged over 7.00 average rating (technically he achieved bang on 7 but I'm clutching on to this), not a lot to write home about but a solid player for us at the back.

0e6325dce46ee8c23f360d9487a60008.png

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2049/50

The days of clean sweeps were behind us, but I was working for the future so we could get there once again.

League Table - Liverpool got the better of us, but we broke the 100 point mark again.

Community Shield - a narrow win to kick off the season.

UEFA Super Cup - this one was a bit easier.

FIFA Club World Cup - this competition is brutal on the fitness.

League Cup - we fell at the first hurdle.

FA Cup - this was a shock result.

UEFA Champions League - not far off perfect.

Squad - the rebuild is pretty much done, but I can still shift a few more out for a profit.

Transfers - I sold my top goalscorer to give the youngster a chance.

Finances - well on top now.

Key Player Profiles:

Lloyd Mutch - the youngster who I gave the huge chance to.

Alessio Diamante - our most valuable player.

Atanas Georgiev - he was a great signing.

Career Overview:

2048/49     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50     Premier League               1st          FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners

Next Season:

I suspect this may be the last full season before we get a chance at a new stadium, so I'm hoping it's a good one.

I go again.

Club Introduction

Royston Town

Royston Town FC (@RoystonTownFC) | Twitter

The Manager

This is me.

XAPYtW4.png

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Poor                   0       Basic                 Basic            Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

After a false start with Kings Langley, I've decided to do a replay of last year and have another attempt with Truro. Finding FM21 to be much more enjoyable than FM20 so hoping this year I'll be able to stick this save out!

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2023/24

Vanarama National League North: 4th - Promoted via playoffs

TransfersUnlike our previous off seasons, this time out we had the core of our squad contracted to play another season so I could be a lot less scatter gun with the transfers, though this list does still miss off the transfers I made before the league ticked over. Overall the signings not only improved the first team, but also significantly improved our squad depth.

Owing to a much more familiar squad we got off to a much better start than in previous seasons, although we did still lose 3 of our opening 7, but for large parts of the season we were in a 3 horse battle at the top of the table. We did have a slight dip at the end of December but we were phenomenal in January. February was where the season came to a head however, we were awful out of nowhere just some terrible form. We did recover a little in March, though we were not all too convincing in my mind yet somehow we still harboured hopes of winning the league. The final month of the season saw us take on the top 2 of the league knowing that if we won them both we'd be top, of course, we lost them both instead, in fact, we lost 4 of our last 6 games in total so I wasn't rating our chances at all going into the playoffs - especially as those 4 losses all came against teams we might face in said playoffs (technically only 3 of the teams as the others won the league) and we'd come 4th in the 3 horse race we were in earlier in the season.

The first round of the playoffs saw us against a Kidderminster side who'd beaten us on the last day of the regular season, though we were at home this time, a low key affair with us scoring in the second half. The semi-final was sure to be the toughest game as we faced off against Gloucester who were on a 22 match unbeaten run heading into the playoffs, and a team in the 6 encounters previously we'd avoided defeat just once and hadn't scored past them in our previous 3 encounters, so judge my shock when we scored in the 12th minute. We were pegged back early in the second half but a late winner saw us into the final. Banbury United have one fierce rival, Brackley, and that's who we faced in the final (another of the teams to beat us in the last 6 games), yet again a very cagey affair before scored two quick fire goals in the last 5 minutes - it's a good job we managed 2 as they did pull one back, but we did it, we have won our first promotion, but I'm still so shocked we even made the final let alone won it with our form.

We also made the first round proper of the FA cup this year getting off to a dream start with a wonderful team move, before Newport County decided they'd have enough of that and promptly hit us for 5, we were knocked out of the FA Trophy however in our first round.

Key Players:

Lewis Gilbert: Gilbert started the season as 4th choice striker as he was a loan player, but quickly forced his way into the team and was very good for us, 38 goals and 11 assists in the league is a fantastic return and a large reason behind our good season.

Hayden EvansAs the season went on we got considerably worse defensively, but Evans was impressive between the sticks for a lot of the season, keeping 19 clean sheets in all.

Aurio Teixeira: He didn't have the best of seasons last year, but, I was happy to let him keep his centre mid berth and he rewarded me with 9 goals and 14 assists in the league.

a87f18b75fbf6e6f48a714e6df1f452c.png

Just managed to snatch a play off spot in the last few games of the season. Along with a fairly exciting "golden generation" youth intake has definitely made this save feel like its going to be a good one.

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2024/25

Vanarama National League: 13th

Transfers Following our promotion last season I didn't want to make too many changes to the team that got us here if I could help it, however, players leaving combined with the relative quality of available players did see me make a fair few transfers. Last seasons top scorer Gilbert decided he didn't want to return on loan also so we had to try and replace him - as with the previous season we had made a decent number of transfers prior to the season ticking over. The highlighted transfers on the screenshot were actually just potential future prospects rather than for the first team.

This season I didn't have any real expectations however, I was relatively confident we'd be able to avoid a relegation battle. As it turned out for the start of the season our games would have been the best for any neutrals to go to as they guaranteed goals with us both giving out and receiving beatings. Despite the inconsistency of our form we did actually find ourselves in and around the fight for the playoffs. Unfortunately, things started to take a downturn as the season wore on, in fact the second half of the season we were on relegation form for large portions of it and our goals dried up considerably and by the end of the season we'd gone 22 matches without back to back wins, I was desperate for the season to end really so I could regroup for next year as I look to fix the issues in the side.

The first round of the FA cup again was our limit and it was a very disappointing game with us getting demolished 5-1 by divisional rivals (who in the end actually finished below us). The FA trophy went a little better before our goalkeeper passed the other team the ball in the 85th minute in the 5th round as they scored to take it to extra time and ultimately win the tie.

This season also saw us drop in average attendance despite going up a league, but this is due to moving to ground share with Oxford United at the Kassam stadium. I'm also onto studying my last coaching badge which is good, but other infastructure at the club has yet to be upgraded thanks to our poor financial situation. I should add that we have had a takeover since the start of the save that happened last season I believe, I just forgot to mention it as nothing changed at all other than the name of the owner.

Key Players

Ben Beechey Beechey was my number one Striker target after Gilbert turned us down and I was delighted when he agreed to join, even more so when he'd 20 goals after 17 league games but unfortunately his goals did dry up which was a contributor to our downturn in form, the next 17 games saw him score just 3. But, he did ultimately end the league top scorer on 30 goals so I can't be too upset at him not living up to his early season form.

Hayden EvansConsidering he conceded 86 league goals this season Evans was a good keeper for us this season, frequently putting in good performances just let down by the sheer number of chances we afford our opposition.

Ourdy ZakuaniA free transfer signing towards the end of last seasons window in March from King's Lynn, Zakuani had a pretty good season alongside Beechey (though like Beechey also had a similar downturn in form). Overall a good season though 14 goals and 10 assists. We did reject a pretty low bid from Birmingham for him which he wasn't a fan of but I'm hopeful he can go from strength t0 strength next season.

af9ee83ed34051a9755a9fe32c331fcf.png

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2050/51

For the last few years I've been concentrating on making money in the hope we could build a new stadium. Could this be the year it is finally announced?

League Table - a couple of losses, but we broke the 100 point mark again.

Community Shield - this was a close one.

UEFA Super Cup - we conceded first, but came back to win comfortably.

League Cup - it took penalties to seal the win.

FA Cup - it was another Wembley penalty shootout, this time we were on the losing end.

UEFA Champions League - I nearly threw away a 5-1 lead by rotating in the semi final.

Squad - still lots of room for improvement, but the young signings have done well.

Transfers - this was all about making a profit.

Finances - the finances are in a great place.

Key Player Profiles:

Lloyd Mutch - I've been pushing hard to make him the main man, but I'm not convinced he's that good.

Atanas Georgiev - probably our best player.

Alessio Diamante - our most valuable player, but it wasn't his best season.

Career Overview:

2049/50     Premier League               1st          FA Cup finalists, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

The squad has improved nicely, so I'm hoping we can get back to winning the lot. The big question though is will they approve a new stadium?

XtWFw3f.png

Truro City - Season 2021/22 - National League South - 7th

Season Review - With mid table expectations, we managed to sneak a play off spot with a 6 match unbeaten run at the end of the season. I always see the first season as one to establish a core squad to build on the following season but could we go a step further?

League - (Fixtures 1) (Fixtures 2) (Positions)

The media always commented that we couldn't get any form going and, in fairness, I think that is the right assessment. Fits and bursts but one thing you could count on was our tendency to concede goals.

Play offs -

We took it to extra time but couldn't find a response after Slough got their third. Another season in the National League South awaits.

Cups - (FA Cup) (FA Trophy)

We met expectations but nothing really to shout home about. At least no embarassments.

Transfers - (Part 1) (Part 2)
A load of signings but that tends to be the way in the first season.

Finances - Our chairman never puts any money in to help the situation so until something changes the finances will go from bad to worse. 

Youth Intake - A "golden generation" which bodes well for building a Cornish core of the squad. Though I won't discard anyone that isn't local to the club, I will tend to favour those that are over those from further afield.

Lucas Ashton - He was here from last season but was put into the first team rotation due to my aim of building a strong Cornish core.

João Cunha - Someone to play inside forward on the left. Made a good impact in his first few starts with 2 goals and 2 assists.

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Andrew Neil - Quickly became the first choice striker as the goals kept coming.

Top Assist - Ryan Bevan - A face from last year's attempt and again features by making the most assists.

Reuben Collins - Our captain and main man in defence.

Any other business - We've had rumours of a potential board takeover several times this season but nothing has materialised yet. I don't know if this is just a thing of FM21 or it has any significance but I wouldn't mind a bit of outside investment coming in.

Looking Forward - We finished strong and have given ourselves a good base to work from next season. A few key signings will hopefully put us in a good position to go a step further. The main things I need to work on is to work on managing more clean sheets and to sort set pieces out. I'm feeling confident which is probably going to spell disaster!

South Shields v Hyde United – Hyde United
2021/22
League Table
Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2
Transfers

I signed a total of 18 players during the season with the larger portion of course coming in during the summer. There is no much point in giving any of the players much spotlight. But if I was too praise anyone it would be De'marlio Brown-Sterling who scored 38 goals and assisted 10 times in the league. As the fixture pictures shows we didn't have the best of starts. Then Shakie (De'Marlio Brown-Sterling actual middle name) started scoring for fun. I was hopeful this would spark good form. But we had too go trough another hurdle of back to back losses. Before we could build up proper power form. Towards the end of the season we slipped up in form a bit. However the truth is were never going to catch Kidderminster Harriers. Who were in jaw dropping form. We did however make the playoffs, and after beating Telford United and Brackely Town secured our promotion!

Tactically I mainly played with variations of what shows under.
image.png.244957005e90ac5abff774dbbd52a18f.png

lDVY7eM.png

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2025/26

Vanarama National League 2nd - Promoted Via Playoffs

TransfersIn spite of our, frankly, terrible end of season form in the last term, I was relatively happy with my squad just a few key areas where I wanted to improve. As usual, some players brought in before the league ticked over. On the outgoing my board sold two players from under me, £4.5k and £575 respectively was hardly going to fix out £-250k+ bank balance - at least the board did agree 40% of profit on each of them. One of the sales was me though as Kade Craig was shown the door.

We started the season very well finding ourselves to be the early pace setters in the league, it wasn't until game week 14 where we surrendered our top of table berth. I did also start to fear a somewhat repeat of last year after November saw us lose 3 on the bounce before throwing away a 2 goal lead in the following match to just draw it. But such was our start to the season that we only dropped down to around 5th and we soon returned to good winning performances as we found ourselves in a 4 team battle for the league title. With the season reaching it's end it did look to be only an outside shot at the title for us but we did have some 'easy' games such as 23rd place Altrincham where a win would see us put pressure on the league leaders - we lost 3-0 and I thought our title hopes were over, and so it proved despite us winning our remaining games to finish level on points with Newport County. The league actually ended up with 3 teams finishing on 93 points with a 4th on 92, so a very close title race.

As we finished second we got an extra break before our first match which was against a Swindon side who like us were so close to the title and I was a little tentative going into the match. I needn't have been as we comfortably beat them 3-0 probably our most comfortable victory of the entire season. The final had us against Sutton United who were one of the preseason title favourites and it was another fantastic performance from us, at least for 70 minutes or so anyway as we found ourselves again 3-0 up. Sutton did fire back in the last 20 minutes twice but ultimately we held on and are into the Football League and our legacy fans are sure to be going barmy.

As I'd posted previously, our FA cup ended near enough the same as our previous two years, heavily beaten in the 1st round, and FA trophy was much the same with us losing in the first round we were in. Thanks to the playoff semi-final being at home we managed to get a lot of gate receipts which makes our balance look healthier. The board have also secured funding for a new 6,814 capacity stadium - if I'm honest I was content with ground sharing as it's often the case that the club will grow faster than the first new stadium can keep up with, but I guess it'll be nice to have our own stadium (in two years when it's built). This summer is going to be an important summer of transfers as of any league to get relegated from League 2 would be the worst due to the lack of promotion spots from the National League.

Key Players

Ben BeecheyBeechey became the first player of the save to be our top scorer two years on the bounce as he managed 41 in the league (playoffs included), unlike last season he didn't go on any goal droughts just scoring consistently.

Ourdy Zakuani Playing as more of a support striker Zakuani also had a great season for us, managing 25 goals alongside a handy 16 assists.

Emmanuel NyarkoWhilst I did try and improve the defense where I could with permanent signings most rejected me, so I was happy when Nyarko agreed to join on loan, and he had a great season at the back for us.

Ekene OnyeikeEvery season so far my central midfielders always seem to perform badly so an average rating on 6.91 from Onyeike is really good, as is the 26 goal contributions in the league he gave us.

bc4df955a302c12dd46159619f325a5c.png

@dafuge - Mind sharing a view of your tactics. Just curious as to how you are playing.

I think this FM I have found it hardest to settle on tactics that seem to work in the way I want them to. So always enjoy looking at others successful tactics.

South Shields v Hyde United – Hyde United
2022/23
League Table
Fixtures 1 - Fixtures 2
Transfers

Good year! At times we where touching the playoff spots. However a 10th finish is a great building block heading into next year. The players standing out this year was Rumarn Burrell who we loaned in from Middlesbrough. Utility man Tyrone O'Neill who featured both as a striker and winger throughout the season. Lastly despite high goal against -> defender Emmanuel Onariase was by average rating our best performer. However the highlight of the season wasn't from any player or our performance in the league. But from reaching the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and almost selling out Stamford Bridge. The money from said match is the sole reason our balance rose up. I also was able too push trough some infrastructure progress in terms of our Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment. But they rejected both attempts at increasing either of the training facilities or going professional. 

image.thumb.png.85f987b638834c92734c1fc7053dafdc.png

On 22/04/2021 at 07:16, glennuk said:

@dafuge - Mind sharing a view of your tactics. Just curious as to how you are playing.

I think this FM I have found it hardest to settle on tactics that seem to work in the way I want them to. So always enjoy looking at others successful tactics.

DjiTyOq.png

Here's what I have been using for a few years now. It's not exactly a successful tactic though, it just works when my players are better than everyone elses!

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2026/27

Sky Bet League Two 7th - Lost Playoff Semi-final

TransfersSimilar to the previous few seasons, not a lot of transfers in (in the summer at least) but players brought in key areas. The 3 players signed between the 9th and 10th of August were panic signings though after both strikers got injured for 5 weeks. In January we did bring in a few loans to help bolster the squad cheaply, though only a couple of them actually played football for us. We also made out first major sale, Zakuani moving to Portsmouth for £400k which was not bad.

I was in dreamland after out first game as we won 3-0 and looked good doing it, however this was short lived as we suffered our own 3-0 defeat in the next game. if there's one thing that's consistent with previous seasons is that we concede a lot of goals, but we also have a habit of scoring a lot too, 4-4; 3-4; 7-3; 4-3; 5-4; 4-6; 3-5; all scorelines we enjoyed this season (maybe I'm a little too gung-ho but at the same time my players are arguably playing above their ability) Overall we had good enough form to see us in a promotion battle, though, we ended the season in mediocre form, not really losing that many, but also not winning many either.

When we reached the playoff semi, we'd actually gone 7 home league games without a win so I wasn't holding out much hope. Our players had other ideas however, as they fired us into a 4-2 lead at half time before we scored a 5th just after the break as we looked to finally record a home victory. Alas, we bottled it, conceding 3 in the last 20 minutes to draw the game 5-5, one for the neutrals. We left our shooting boots in the first leg it seems as we lost 4-0 despite having equal xG with our opponents - a disappointing first ever playoff loss, but I wasn't really expecting us to maintain our 100% playoff record.

We upheld tradition in the FA Cup 1st round losing convincingly to a team below us in the pyramid, and the other cups we were in were much the same first round exits. Due to our record sale earlier in the season we managed to persuade the board to upgrade the youth facilities as our first ever upgrade, but really I should have kept the money as we already find ourselves back in the red despite starting the season comfortably in the black. In spite finishing in the playoffs this term I'm not really aiming to equal it next season as I feel there will be a pretty big overhaul of the squad. There has also been rumours of another takeover, and really I'd welcome it especially if it means we can start improving our infrastructure.

Key Players

Michael MellonMellon was a revelation for us really, scoring 34 times in the league and assisting 10, despite missing 13 weeks of the season via different injuries comfortably being the league top scorer,

Ben BeecheyAfter scoring in the season opener Beechey got injured and had to battle to get back into the team, but battle he did and managed to bad himself 19 in the league.

Ekene OnyeikeNot as productive as last season, but let off given the step up in quality, still managed 10 goals and 8 assists from central midfield which isn't too shabby at all.

652be283e27bb89902ea872c22c67784.png

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2051/52

Another year has passed without news of a new stadium, all we can do is keep going in the hope the board finally see sense.

League Table - an unbeaten season, our first in five years.

Community Shield - an own goal gave it a close finish, but the party animal sealed it for us.

UEFA Super Cup - we threw away our lead but took it on penalties, shame about the venue.

League Cup - straight wins as our squad players really stepped up.

FA Cup - and again, our squad depth really showed.

UEFA Champions League - not quite perfect, but it didn't take much travelling to seal this one.

Squad - there are still a couple of weaker spots, but the squad is otherwise very strong.

Transfers - not the greatest transfers as I panic bought in January.

Finances - a loss, but we've still got plenty in the bank.

Key Player Profiles:

Abuda - I've moved on from Mutch and tried out a new main striker.

Atanas Georgiev - our most valuable player.

Miguel Edgar - a youth player who could be capable of staying in this squad in a few years.

Career Overview:

2049/50     Premier League               1st          FA Cup finalists, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

Once again, we wait in hope that the new season brings in the news we have been waiting for.

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2027/28

Sky Bet League 2 - 2nd Place (Promoted)

TransfersThis summer was my most meticulous window as I aimed to improve the overall quality of the squad, not just the starting eleven.  I was happy with my dealings and I felt overall in a much stronger position going into the season even though most of my first choice team remained the same. We also released a lot of the previous back up options who were much worse than those which replaced them. At points there were better players I could have brought in, however, I was being very careful not to offer more than £500p/w in spite being given a budget that would have allowed triple that.

After the first game I expected more of the same from last season as we lost 5-3 to Accrington in a recognisable goal fest. However, after that game we were actually much improved defensively from last season whilst still possessing our attacking prowess. By the half way stage we found ourselves comfortably in the promotion spots having lost only the aforementioned game. Our second loss of the season also came against Accrington as they seemed to have our number and it spurred a bit of a shaky few months for us. We were still avoiding defeat, but were conceding more goals and drawing pretty frequently. Eventually we did manage to start recording victories and conceding fewer goals as we went along before securing promotion pretty comfortably. We might have reached 100 points, but we lost our last two games of the season despite having lost only 2 until that point. Accrington we incredible this season in fairness to them and we finished on 98 points yet 13 points behind them.

The FA Cup, in a surprise to no one at all, saw us bow out in the First Round, as did the League cup. The Papa Johns Trophy did see us reach the quarter final which was a little surprising given me swapping near the whole squad for each round. Financially we're still insecure, though I'm doing my best to try and improve us on that front. Next season we'll be moving into our new stadium (the reason for our financial issues with a £5m loan taking out for it) so hopefully that will see our revenue increase. All in all a good season for us though, the best thing for me was our vastly improved defense, going from the worst in the league last season to the 8th best this whilst still being the best attack in the league.

Key Players

Michael MellonYet again Mellon brought us goals, 42 in the league and he also brought assists 13 in just a really very good goalscoring season.

Ekene OnyeikeOnyeike has been one of our best performers for the previous 2 seasons, this season was his best yet, 10 goals and 24 assists from central midfield - I'm pretty sure this is my first centre mid to average over 7 since the start of the save too.

Ben BeecheyBen Beechey scores goals. Probably one of our weaker players in terms of outright ability, but that matters not 28 league goals and 12 assists which is a formidable partnership with Mellon up front. Comfortably past 100 league goals for the club.

Frankie WheelanA new signing this summer, Wheelan came in to bolster our defense, and bolster he did, 4 goals and 3 assists not terrible, but as seen by our vastly improved defense a big reason for our solid season.

9280a8120e5e36fc37df39986885be50.png

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2052/53

As another season went past without any sign of a new stadium, we set out for the clean sweep that has eluded us for some time now.

League Table - we lost a couple, but still made the 100 point mark.

Community Shield - we were on the wrong end of an epic penalty shootout.

UEFA Super Cup - we threw this away with two former players scoring against us before we lost on penalties again.

League Cup - a 91st minute winner in a cup final!

FA Cup - this didn't go well.

UEFA Champions League - not quite perfect, but we are hard to beat in this competition.

Squad - we are a left winger and a couple of centre backs short of perfection.

Transfers - an unnecessary loss as I splashed out on backup players.

Finances - a small loss on the transfers meant a big loss overall, I've blown nearly all the savings.

Key Player Profiles:

Alessio Diamante - top scorer as my search for a leading striker continues.

Abuda - he's probably the one to lead the line.

Atanas Georgiev - not his best season, but he's still class.

Career Overview:

2051/52     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

We wait again on the news of a new stadium.

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2053/54

As yet another season went past without any sign of a new stadium, I'm starting to think it will never happen.

League Table - an unbeaten season.

Community Shield - a comfortable win against ten men.

UEFA Super Cup - completely one sided.

FIFA Club World Cup - a great win in the final of the pre season fitness killer.

League Cup - a late winner sealed the win.

FA Cup - another routine cup final win.

UEFA Champions League - our run of thirteen consecutive cup wins came to an end as we lost our only match of the season.

Squad - the squad is superb, but I've still got plans on improving it.

Transfers - I went all out on signing two £100m players.

Finances - a huge loss due to the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Alessio Diamante - top scorer from the supporting role.

Furkan Kaya - the £100m man is an absolute beast.

Álvaro Araneda - our most valuable player is a backup striker who rarely scores.

Career Overview:

2051/52     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season:

I've got a bit of work to do on the finances, but at the same time there are a few players I have my eye on.

Just limping to the end of my second season and hoping that the finances aren't going to end up having a final say on things. Does anyone know how bad it has to get before a club goes into administration? 

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2028/29

Sky Bet League One - 7th Place

Transfers: This season, we signed a lot of players , largely youth players released from premier league clubs, though most, I signed just to give us a few players who might be good for us in the future or get us some sell on – so they all mostly went out on loan. We did get a new centre back in our overall haul who is first team though. Most the transfers were before the season ticked over, and too much really for another screenshot to cover - there was 20+.

League: This season, we started with a few close losses, before settling into a pretty good groove and finding ourselves surprisingly in a promotion battle. Unfortunately it wasn’t to last as the second half of the season saw us in not fantastic form, partially due to key injuries, but really, is something I’ve seen before from us in the second half of seasons. What was the most surprising thing is that we were still in with a chance of the playoffs going into the final day of the season, alas we didn’t manage it in spite of a big final day victory.

Cups: We broke our FA CUP hoodoo, managing to get past the first round for the first time making our way to the 3rd round where Watford comfortably beat us. League cup was a first round exit and the League Trophy saw us lose in the first knockout stage.

Squad: On my attempt on FM20 I did a full squad overview each season, and I’m doing so again, mainly so I can figure out the direction I want to go with transfers than to add to my end of season report.

Spoiler

Goalkeepers

Spoiler

Aiden Stone – Generally performs well for us, but feel he’s performing well above his quality.

Mark Moore – Has some ok Goalkeeping attributes, but others not fantastic, no longer looks to have high potential and never really played well.

Transfer hope – Moore out, new keeper in that demotes Stone to back up.

Left Back

Spoiler

Sammy Reeve – Has good potential and still young, but performed terribly this season really, 6.52 average rating. Is wanted for transfer so might be worth letting go if can secure a sell on %.

Scott Swan – Played a pretty even amount of games to Reeve, equally poorly. Is still showing potential, but is at an age where I’d expect him to be closer to it than he is.

Jyri Rahkola – Brought on loan for coverage, doesn’t look fantastic so never played and his lack of pace is a little concerning.

Transfer hope – A new, first choice left back in, allow Swan to leave. Possibly sign Rahkola just in the hope that he might improve in the future (if signed would send out on loan rather than backup)

Right Back

Spoiler

Ian Russell – Performed slightly better than his left sided counterparts but not really by much. However, is performing better season on season, so I’m content that he can still improve for us.

Rhys Kinnear – A little of a panic signing in the summer, barely featured for us and I played a centre back in right back over him, lacking ability and potential really.

Transfer hope – I’m happy enough to go with Russell, but need a new back up definitely – if the brought in player is better than Russell, even better really.

Centre Back

Spoiler

Tony Parker – Dependable player for us forced his way into first choice. Does only have a year left on contract so will need to try and tie him down to a new deal.

Kwame Antwi – Previously a good player for us at the back, unfortunately this year I feel a high number of conceded goals could be attributed to his height/relatively low jumping reach, still a decent enough defender though.

Frankie Whelan – Nothing glamorous, an ok defender, and a player I’m happy enough to remain as a back up in the position going into next year.

Runolfur Trausti Porvaldsson – Very much a back up this year, but does look like a solid option, may well be promoted to play alongside Parker next year. Did fill in at right back on occasion this year, but log term I see him as a centre back.

Transfer hope – Centre back is an area I’m happy with not going to look for a centre back unless one of the 4 leaves.

Left Midfield

Spoiler

Jack Murray – Murray ended up being first choice by season end, but does require a slight system change as he’s only really an inverted player where before a left footer was occupying the role. Developed quite nicely over the season so hopefully can maintain that.

Bill Smith – As mentioned, ended more as a back up which isn’t too bad, neither winger really played sensationally but still both decently capable.

Transfer hope – I think left midfield is an area that goes on the not a priority, but would be nice pile for transfers, both are decent players but shouldn’t feel completely safe in their roles.

Right Midfield

Spoiler

Sylvester Mohammed – Physically Mohammed is very good for us, and overall had a good season for us – 12 goals 9 assists. Still young and potential so happy with him going into next year.

Philip Koral-Lord – Very much so a back up player for us, but he did well enough when called upon.

Transfer hope – I’m happy with both players for next season. Might be worth looking for a player who can provide cover for both left and right midfield however.

Central Midfield

Spoiler

Ekene Onyeike – A mainstay in our midfield since our promotion season from the VNL and I don’t see that changing all too much, a very good player for us always still performing through multiple step up in quality.

Francisco Jesus Ferrer – Been Onyeike’s midfield partner for the last year and half on loan from Tottenham, ideally we keep him for next season too.

Lino Gomes – Started featuring a little more by the end of the season, but really is the first back up for both the previous two. If we are unable to manage to retain Ferrer we couldn’t go too far wrong with Gomes who managed 10 assists even as a bit part player.

Edwin Skinner – A bit of a gamble and only our second money signing so far at £4k. He doesn’t look too bad, but found opportunities limited, may be worth loaning him out next season to get him regular game time.

Phil Conroy – Another of our midfield contingent, lacking somewhat technically for me so may be one to sell, but at least loan out next season.

Transfer hope – Ferrer is a priority this summer, his deal is to run out at Spurs, but he’s fancied by a lot of championship teams too. There is already one new midfielder incoming who will strengthen the group so if I can keep Ferrer too I think that would be all the business for this area.

Striker

Spoiler

Michael Mellon – I think League one is his level, but it’s also ours, so I’m happy for us to stick with him, another 20+ goal season is always good.

Ariano Lima – Ended up being first choice alongside Mellon this season, and I feel he may be a longer term replacement for him.

Kerr Tait – A well rounded player for sure, Tait looks like he could usurp one of the prior two next season and has shown constant improvement – his issue is not really finding the net enough which will hopefully come.

Ben Beechey – The club record appearance maker and record goal scorer. Very much more bit part this season but still scored crucial goals – the question is whether I renew his contract.

Transfer hope – Beechey staying or going is the key to brining in a new face or not, striker is a position I feel comfortable with the depth.

General Update/Looking ahead: Finally we managed to get some youth and junior coaching improvements as we look to improve our infrastructure. Next season I suppose I’ve got to aim for playoffs coming so close this year, hopefully I can strengthen where I want to and give us the best shot of doing so. I also wouldn't be surprised if I go and sign another 20 released youth players from premier league sides, as I am trying to build up the youth system of the club where I can.

Key Players

Tony ParkerBrought in to be a back up, Parker quickly established himself as my first choice centre back and had a good first season for the club.

Michael MellonA third consecutive season as our top scorer, though down a lot on previous seasons as might be expected with the step up in leagues – 23 league goals is still strong.

Ariano LimaI did have Lima on loan last season and he didn’t score, but this season he contributed 17 league goals featuring alongside Mellon

6d99a01be3a492523cae96caee3a9b9b.png

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2054/55

Despite asking every few months, it doesn't look like the board are at all interested in building a new ground. The challenge remains to stay successful while balancing the finances.

League Table - 100 points again, shame about the single loss.

Community Shield - a win on penalties.

League Cup - we won with ease.

FA Cup - we came close to throwing away a 3-0 lead.

UEFA Champions League - no problems with a 3-0 lead this time.

Squad - the squad is in fantastic shape.

Transfers - there was a £95m signing in the summer but January was all about making a profit.

Finances - another loss.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - the new signing had an amazing season, he could be the goalscorer I've been searching for.

Giancarlo D'Anna - our most valuable player is a backup winger.

Atanas Georgiev - the captain had a great season.

Career Overview:

2052/53     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists

Next Season:

At some point I'm going to nee to replace the legend Diamante, but other than that I can't see any other areas I need to improve on.

XtWFw3f.png

Truro City - Season 2022/23 - National League South - 13th

Season Review - It was one of those seasons that make you question whether you want to carry on with a save. After a winning run of five games at the start of the season it ended up being a struggle to score, create chances and not concede. We didn't manage any of our expectations as we were knocked out of both cups at the first time of asking and missed out on the top half on goal difference. It wasn't a fun season to play through and I don't really feel anything deserves being highlighted or celebrated, hence the truncated season review.

Any other business - Our chairman has decided to retire so we've been taken over by the fans. Our financial concerns are over for now but I don't have any doubt that we will be back in the red before long...

Looking Forward - I'm currently in the process of a cull as I have far too many players at the club. The youth team seems to popping up some decent players to act as backups when needed which I'm quite happy about. The main aim for the next season is to find a tactic that works and then hopefully crack on in the league. 

Career Overview -

Season      League                       Position    Achievements
2021/22	    National League South        7th		 
2022/23     National League South        13th

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2029/30

Sky Bet League 1 - 6th Place (Losing playoff finalists)

Transfers: Similarly to last season we did sign a lot of development players, but I was happy with the first team signings I made as I managed to improve in all the areas I’d pinpointed – though the fullbacks were just loan signings. I did make a few more loan signings in January as I looked to strengthen our playoff push – unfortunately one of the better last day signings got a season ending injury a few days later.

League: This season started almost in identical fashion to the previous year, a few close losses where we were perhaps unlucky to leave without points before we just started scoring for fun. Then, inexplicably we just started playing poorly, not creating anything and consequently losing which spurred the first formation change of the save, switching from 4-4-2 to a 3-4-3 (I’ve not managed to get good ratings out of fullbacks ever so just decided to do without them).

We did start to pick up our form again and started to push our way back up the table to be looking at working towards a playoff finish. Unfortunately, a run of 3 games without us troubling the scoresheet saw us drop down and look unlikely to reach the playoffs, but we picked up again. The penultimate game saw us against Oxford who were in the playoffs where a win would see us leapfrog them, it was a ding-dong battle where they equalised in the 90+2 to make it 4-4 and take it out of our hands going into the last day. The last day saw us 3-0 down after 23 minutes so I thought that was that, but we had a big resurgence and managed to win the game 4-3, and the other results went our way seeing us into the top 6.

The semi-final of the playoffs saw us continue the frantic goal heavy matches as we won the first leg 6-4 before the second leg ended in a 5-5 draw a real rollercoaster of a tie. For some reason, there was a 3 week break between the second leg and the final and I wonder if that stemmed our goalscoring as we lost 2-0 to QPR who had a comfortable day all told.

Cups: Out first round of the League Cup in disappointing fashion, out first round of the FA Cup in disappointing fashion. Standard.

Squad: More loans than I’ve been using so far in the save, but I think it’s needed whilst we wait for our reputation to catch up with our rise.

Spoiler

Goalkeepers

Spoiler

Lewis Ward – Brought in this summer, hardly spectacular, but best goalkeeper on general quality wise.

Aiden Stone – Very much a back up this season which is what I’d thought he would be, didn’t really play much football.

Transfer hope – Even though Ward has only been at the club one year, I think Goalkeeper is the area I most want to strengthen – even if it’s only a loan.

Left Back

Spoiler

Joel Stenson – Started the season as our first choice left back in on loan. When we switched to 3 at the back he very rarely played again for us, won’t be renewing the loan.

Sammy Reeve – Barely played having started as second choice left back for a team that eventually decided not even to use the position.

Transfer hope – Don’t really need anyone in this area. If I do decide to swap back to fullbacks a couple of my centre backs can fill in here but I don’t want to change back any time soon.

Right Back

Spoiler

At the end of the season we didn’t have any players who’s primary position was left back still at the club having loaned the back up out in January and the first choice having been recalled from his loan.

Transfer hope – Like left back, not really a focus for transfer this summer.

Centre Back

Spoiler

Tony Parker – Another solid season for Parker, he doesn’t look to have as much potential as once hoped but a consistent performer for us at the back.

Runolfur Trausti Porvaldsson – Went from back up to first choice, a decent enough season for the young Icelandic player. He is capable of playing both fullback positions also so is a good option to have. Only one year on contract so need to look to extend that.

Anthony Olaoye – Signed in the summer he spent the first half of the season on loan in the League of Ireland but had played well so when he came back he went straight into the left of the back 3 and did pretty well.

Kwame Antwi – Very much a squad player for us, and with us using more centre backs he still got plenty game time, though I see him only as a depth option now.

Frankie Whelan – Very similar to Antwi, not first choice, but a capable back up should we need him.

Ronnie May – Came on loan in January but barely played, mostly due to me liking the options I already had but partially as he picked up a relatively long-term injury. I am going to extend his loan as I think he could be a good option to be in the starting 3.

Transfer hope – I don’t really need any players here, even if they were part of a defence that conceded over 80 league goals. Parker does have interest, and given his limited potential I wouldn’t be averse to selling him on.

Left Midfield

Spoiler

Jack O’Keefe – Signed in the summer and became our starting option on the left though he didn’t really have a sensational season he was still decent enough.

Jack Murray – The issue Murray has is that he only has a right foot, and an inverted winger doesn’t really fit into my formation unfortunately for him. If he had a left foot he’d probably have established himself as first choice.

Bill Smith – He’s probably not really good enough, nor ever will be, but he’s still an ok back up, but maybe time for him to move on.

Transfer hope – Left midfield is identical to last season in that, it isn’t a priority, but if someone comes up I’m all over it.

Right Midfield

Spoiler

Gareth McIlroy -  After spending last season on loan in Northern Ireland McIlroy came in as our first choice winger this season. McIlroy hardly set the world alight this season, but, I’m hoping that he can blossom going forward. We did actually turn down a bid of over £1million for him, which I may regret, but shows that he probably does have pretty good potential.

Sylvester Mohammed – Honestly, can be considered hard done by that he’s spent this season as back up, especially as he was good for us last season. I may well rotate McIlroy and Mohammed a lot more next season to best develop them both.

Philip Koral-Lord – Again a back up, even more bit part than last season. Been a good servant to the club with over 150 league appearances, but out of contract this summer we’ll see the last of him.

Transfer hope – The first two players are good and I don’t really need any other options. If bids come in for McIlroy however, I may be more tempted to sell and replace.

Central Midfield

Spoiler

Ekene Onyeike – Numbers wise he provided less this season to the team, but average rating wise he was much better than last season. Perhaps it’s telling that he was injured for the playoff final. Very happy with him.

Francisco Jesus Ferrer – Managed to sign him in the summer on a free transfer following his loan. He’s been a little underwhelming all told, I’m finding it difficult to get the best out of him, or any midfielder not playing as a Mezzala for that matter.

Sheridan Stewart – Another signing from the summer, did ok when called upon, though was playing back up all season – perhaps due to favouritism on my part than anything else.

Ethan Ealy – One of two midfielders to come in on loan in January to provide depth, he did exactly that but didn’t really make much of a mark. Overpaid on wages for him too so I don’t expect to try and get him back.

Mark Downey – The second January reinforcement in midfield Downey was incredibly unlucky picking up a 4 month injury just after joining. He did actually make his debut in the playoff final and didn’t do fantastic. But I’m going to try and bring him back next season as he is reasonably cheap and I think he could make a difference if he can stay injury free.

Transfer hope – Overall, midfield I’m pretty content with, perhaps I’d bring in another option and try to offload Stewart if anything, but I’m fine going into the season with what we have (presuming we can extend Downey’s loan)

Striker

Spoiler

John McDonald – When I saw he was available on free transfer this summer I made sure to snag him, and he was good for us, 26 goals and 16 assists. Perhaps was expecting him to be a bit more prolific but those are good numbers.

Kerr Tait – Aided by us switich to 3 up top, Tait found himself playing a more important role this season, 15 goals and 11 assists not too bad as he was acting as more of a link up striker.

Michael Mellon – Mellon’s worse goalscoring return for us this year, but he also ended the season as back up not first choice so to get 16 goals and 7 assists is still good. Only a year left on his contract so it’s a tough decision as to where he gets a new one.

Illie – Signed on loan in January and ended up our second top scorer with 20 goals from his 21 matches. Agreed to another year on loan I’m very happy with Illie for sure.

Ariano Lima – A victim of simply better players coming in on transfers, a back up this season chipping in with 7 goals. Out of contract this summer and I probably want to give him a new deal, but don’t want to pay him too much so could see him leaving.

Transfer hope – As I’ve now changed toa 3 up top system I do want to try and get another body in up front to hopefully provide a different dimension to the other players we have.

General Update/Looking ahead: Financially things are looking pretty bleak. Whilst we are now in the black, that only came from a combination of cash injections from the board and the playoff final otherwise we lost 900k this season which isn’t sustainable. Whilst we are in the black though I requested an increased scouting range which has been granted which could mean we’re more efficient in the transfer market. I've got to look at getting promoted next season really we came close this time out.

Key Players

Illie Only signed on loan in January, but was a revelation for us and a big part in us reaching the playoffs. 20 goals from 21 games and we’ve him signed up for next season so I’m hoping he can fire us to promotion.

Ekene OnyeikeArguably a club legend even if the game doesn’t classify him as even a favoured personnel. 16 goal contributions in the league and a 7.28 average rating from a player we signed in the national league.

Tony ParkerAnother very good season for our young centre back.

image.png

Edited by _JHTB_

Enfield Town F.C. logo.png

Enfield Town

Not ventured this far down on FM21 yet so thought give this a go. Might be a bit late to complete the challenge as I do have other saves but I will see how I get on.

All setup as instructed, I will keep you updated.

image.thumb.png.4dd1a878e22fa9090bc606aee37dc796.png

image.thumb.png.a98e295d42fee4275eab74bf2158bba6.png

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2055/56

Last season we got the big quadruple that had evaded us for a number of years, could we keep it up?

League Table - an unbeaten season, although we had six draws.

Community Shield - a narrow win.

UEFA Super Cup - the new strikers did their job.

League Cup - I enjoyed this final.

FA Cup - this was a bit of a shocker.

UEFA Champions League - it was a strange shootout as two former player stepped up and missed.

Squad - I really like this squad, I can't see anyone who needs replacing.

Transfers - a small profit was made as I replaced our other two strikers.

Finances  - the finances are in decent shape after holding back on the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - not quite up to the standard of last season, but he's still the main man.

Furkan Kaya - an amazing goal return from the winger position.

Atanas Georgiev - the captain was the MVP.

Career Overview:

2054/55     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

This squad should be good enough to stay together and win the lot next season.

1 minute ago, MikaelS said:

@dafugeUEFA Super cup is a screenshot of the team.

And I've just noticed you only have 1 English player. Are they just crap in general or too expensive?

Thanks, I had a bit of trouble uploading them, so I'm not surprised there's a mistake or two.

A bit of both. There have been a few English players I have looked at, but I've always been able to find better for less money elsewhere. My youth products have been pretty average too which doesn't help.

Just now, dafuge said:

Thanks, I had a bit of trouble uploading them, so I'm not surprised there's a mistake or two.

A bit of both. There have been a few English players I have looked at, but I've always been able to find better for less money elsewhere. My youth products have been pretty average too which doesn't help.

Amazed your own youth setup doesn't produce good ones. How good are the facilities?

Just now, MikaelS said:

Amazed your own youth setup doesn't produce good ones. How good are the facilities?

We've got the best facilities.

We probably produce some decent players, but the standard of my squad is so high that they don't get a chance.

This is the best youth product I've ever had:

W5ju9xC.png

3 minutes ago, dafuge said:

We've got the best facilities.

We probably produce some decent players, but the standard of my squad is so high that they don't get a chance.

This is the best youth product I've ever had:

W5ju9xC.png

Looks amazing but I can understand the dilemma. It's difficult getting youth to play when the rest of the team are so much better.

First season with Haringey Borough.

League Table - 4th place after losing in VSS playoff semi.

FA Cup - good run with a draw against a L2 team.

FA Trophy - Reached 5th round.

Squad - I signed a lot of players, so I will see if some can be let go.

Transfers - all free in and out.

Finances - balance and wages in red, but as expected.

Key players

Jovel jackson-Davis - young player and doesn't look much but top goal scorer by a mile.

Joe Besant - He played almost all matches and did a good job in goal.

Connor Kurran-Browne - Played mostly as a midfielder but was good for both assists and goals.

Overview

Season		League						Position		Achievements			Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22		Vanarama National League South			4th							Lost in Playoff semi

Next Season:

Clean out squad a bit and maintain a steady pace. Board wants me to get into playoffs.

Thanks to Daf for the steal of season template ;)