dafuge's FM21 challenge

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

xB0H8vG.jpg

South Shields- Vanarama National League North- 2022-2023

We some how managed to to get promoted last season with the first attempt so i knew this season was going to be tough.

Leauge Table-Our start of season form was reaklly bad we did not get win 2 out of six of the first months games i though we were going to struggle but some how we managed to avoid relegation.

Playoffs First Round- We managed to get into the play offs and we were paird up with  Stevenage who we beat 3-2 in a really good game football.

Playoff Semi Final-so after beating Stevenage we got Southend United and we dominated this match we beat them 3-0.

Playoff Final - I was shocked at the fact we managed to beat Ebbsfleet United  and win promotion to leauge 2. 

FA Trophy-Bromley- batterd us in the semi final we were shocking we lost 6 -0. 

FA CUP-Halesowen Town beat us in the qualifying rounds the fans were not happy after our 2-1 loss. 

Squad- getting better just few more additions and we be ok for leauge two.

Transfer History- Still free transfers but we made mone from briggs move and osi moves 5.30k in toal not much but helps.

Finances Summary- I stay witin my wage budjet this season. 

KEY PLAYER PROFILES:

De'marlio Brown-Sterling- De'marlio Is my top scorer this season and just signged a new 2 year contact so hopefully get more goals next season from him.

Myles Boney Myles had bit of bad start to the season but i knew i could trust him to get back on track.

Ryan HansonThis was Ryan's first season here after free transfer from Hull City was joy to watch.

CAREER OVERVIEW:

Season          Leauge                     Position            Achievements 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021-2022     Vanarama National League North   1st             Champions 
2022-2023     Vanarama National League         7T              Playoff Winners

NEXT SEASON:

I have no idea were to start to rebuild the squad or ask for under 23 squad again . 

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2033/34

English Premier League - 3rd

Transfers: This summer I wanted to improve my defense, we play quite an open style so I expect us to concede, but wanted to reduce the frequency at least. A new first choice goalkeeper and two defenders were brought in for that. We also added depth in midfield and up front to give us the best chance of building upon last season.

League: A kinder start to the season this time out, though we did manage to have a heavy 7-2 defeat chucked in there. We were still as potent in attack as last season, but we’d managed to improve a bit defensively so the first half of the season saw us comfortably mid table. The second half of the season however, was just incredible. We just looked unbeatable for large swathes, in fact, towards the end of the season we actually looked like we might even go on to win the league after drawing level on points with eventual winners Manchester City. Alas, a loss to Chelsea followed by an expected come down in morale following a loss after a long unbeaten run saw us tail off a little, but to finish 3rd in our second season in the Premier League is way beyond what I could have hoped.

Cup: The League cup was much similar to last season in that it was decent enough before we lost to lower league opposition, though the manner of the 3-0 loss was not fantastic. The FA Cup however saw us go on a fantastic run beating both Manchester City and Liverpool en route to our second consecutive final where this time we went one better and beat Leeds to lift the cup.

Squad: A pretty strong core of the squad, however, midfield hasn’t put up anywhere near the performances of other areas of the team so I may look to refresh that this summer. I could also do with a bit more depth up front, especially as Ilie picked up an 8 month injury in the last league game.

General Update/Looking ahead: Several training and youth facilities improvements whenever I can ask for them and will continue to do so as we try to catch up to our level. Last summer we got confirmation on our new stadium a 22,600 capacity, though we won’t have it for another 2 seasons. Next season I hope we can put in a similar showing to this, but with more games coming up due to qualifying for the Champions League I’m not sure if we’ll be able to replicate it.

Key Players:

Tomas Barron: A big money signing this summer but a justified one, the young striker did exactly what I’d hoped he’d do, score goals 42 in all competitions with 33 of them coming in the league.

Jeff Dunne: Dunne picked up where he left off last season, a very solid and consistent season from the centre back.

Choi Jong-Won: Initially brought in as a back up on the left of midfield he quickly cemented himself as first choice, 15 assists in the league and a highly impressive average rating there of 7.41.

Ilie: I usually only put 3 key players, but Ilie deserves his plaudits, signed on a free, he continues to score goals for fun. I suspect he’ll not be at this level again though as he’s picked up a long term injury which is a shame.

image.thumb.png.5f4c2d634d2815967c269d26efda0043.png

Season Review

1791773365_Gosport_Borough_F.C._logo(1).png.d7a20c6105a90e636c4ae4c17da38257.png

Gosport Borough FC

Season 2022/23: Vanarama National League South - 10th

Summary:

After a short vacation IRL, we've finished the second season on a better position than the previous one.. but it was unpleasant.

We cannot score even if we are 1v1 with the keeper. The board is disappointed with us failing to play attacking football. Well, we are trying to score - but we are a little rubbish in front of goal ..

On a positive note we managed to score some goals from set pieces - corners and free-kicks . Not on such a positive note: we've missed a lot of penalties. 

League Table: league table

Transfers: The biggest hit was our GK Lo-Tutala leaving for a "bigger club", which in his mind was the newly promoted Cray Wonderers. You finished 16th Lo-Tutala , 16th! :))

We've signed a lot of players but none was truly important. We've even managed to get a loan player as no one wanted to come play for us up until the second half of the season.

Key Players: Other than our team leader and captain CB Matt Casey ? None. 

Yap. I want to trade them all :lol:

Tactics: We've tried to play possession football - and the board says we've managed to do that - with a 4-4-1-1 formation and a positive mentality.  But it was boring !  

Notes: We have to improve. This 10th place feels like a miracle. 

We will change our tactics to a 4-4-2 with a TM and a Poacher. Let's see how it goes.

general.png.b42bdcd6617370cf20976c61f679affb.png

3171847_seasonrecord.png.3fbae90e1cc1e7d910c82a0303ff80e5.png

career.thumb.png.ed9edeea4c0622324488f78adc97820c.png

Edited by BuzzR
format

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2063/64

We have nearly been back to our best, so I was hopeful of another clean sweep of the trophies.

League Table - we went unbeaten, scored over 100 points and Pompey finished 2nd. Something much more exciting that all of this happened though!

Community Shield - a narrow win.

UEFA Super Cup - this one wasn't so close.

League Cup - we weren't at our best, but we were on form in the final.

FA Cupwe had a shocker in the final.

UEFA Champions League - it happened again. 

Squad - I've been working on bringing in younger players to avoid the registration problems.

Transfers - I sold some of my best players as they were the wrong side of 30.

Finances - a profit, but only due to the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - another brilliant season.

Iben Bossuyt - the king of the assists.

Andros Sotiriou - an excellent youth product, he'll become 2nd choice next season.

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22     National League South        14th           
2022/23     National League South        1st          Promoted as champions
2023/24     National League              14th
2024/25     National League              7th
2025/26     National League              2nd          Promoted via playoffs
2026/27     League Two                   7th          Promoted via playoffs
2027/28     League One                   6th       
2028/29     League One                   1st          Promoted as champions
2029/30     Championship                 2nd          Promoted
2030/31     Premier League               14th
2031/32     Premier League               7th
2032/33     Premier League               4th
2033/34     Premier League               5th          Europa League winners
2034/35     Premier League               3rd          League Cup finalists, Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League finalists
2036/37     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2037/38     Premier League               1st          League Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2038/39     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2039/40     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2040/41     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2042/43     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2046/47     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50     Premier League               1st          FA Cup finalists, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2054/55     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup finalists
2060/61     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2063/64     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists

Next Season:

The wheels fell off for the last two games of the season, we don't seem to be quite there when it comes to the big games.

Gosport_Borough_F.C._logo.png.5c0bfe5b88f4176a4389c75534ac661e.png

Gosport Borough FC

Season 2023/24: Vanarama National League South - 11th

Season Sumary:

We played.. badly. I had such high hopes for this season and it just.. bleah. 

We've started really bad with 4 loses in 6 games... and it was a constant struggle trough the rest of the season.

The only upside of this season was the fact that we've played some young guys from the academy and they played really well.

League Table: Table

Transfers: Nothing out of the ordinary .. Here are the 2 kids that impressed this season :   Carwin Smith and  Iwan Davies.

Tactics: We've played a 4-4-2 formation, trying to control possession but our midfielders are so bad..

Notes: I have lost my enthusiasm and I don't think we'll ever escape National League South..

The board doesn't want to improve anything because there is no money.

We cannot attract quality loan players, we cannot find a  parent club for god's sake !

We need some wins in FA Cup or FA Trophy, maybe we will increase our reputation and get some money in.

overview.thumb.png.46ad44e645940ec0c36f6303f68870ef.png

club_data_eos.png.ead806daf4768a7570790d68ec8c9515.png

personal_data_eos.png.3c0905b8bf9830c94b558a25b5e822da.png

South Shields FC (@SouthShieldsFC) | Twitter

Season 1 (2021/22) - Vanarama National League North

Competitions:

Overview

Vanarama National League North (Table| Results):

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation. Season Preview Odds: 3rd (7-2).

Finish: 1st.

It was a slightly unsure start with a loss and a draw, but then we went on a big run and in the end we ran away with it. There was a battle for the top spot with York, but then they went on an awful run and despite how we lost to them home and away, they almost handed us the title in March with so many points dropped. Thankfully the season was mainly injury free and I think this helped during fixture congestion, which was made worse as we did well in both cup competitions, which was also a surprise and highlight in the season even though we lost in the FA Trophy final at Wembley! Player rotation was key and a lot of games to the young players that were signed helped them to develop massively. A fair amount of players seem capable of playing next season at a higher level so I hope we can have a solid finish.

FA Cup (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in Third Round by Port Vale.

A great performance in this cup after some very favourable ties, with the exception of Accrington in the First Round who we sneaked past. We breezed past Redditch and Halesowen, before beating Chelmsford of the VNS after a replay. This set us up with a First Round tie against Accrington Stanley where we got a lot of luck and managed to sneak through despite them being the better team. Another favourable tie against same tier Ebbsfleet of the VNS in the next round was welcomed and we made the Third Round. At this point I was hoping for a big away tie for the income it would provide from gate receipts, but we had to settle for League Two's Port Vale. We didn't get the same luck here and they deservedly won the game.

FA Trophy (Results):

Finish: Runner-Up to Colchester United

A great run in this competition which gave us our first taste of a final at Wembley. Lower leagued Ashton Utd and Whitby were dispatched easily before Welling were beaten after a replay. Altrincham of the league above was a tough tie but we edged it 3-2 to get Brackley who were struggling in our division. This was a fairly easy tie to get us into the semis. Wrexham were beaten 5-3 on aggregate and the first leg was one of our best performances of the season, which gives confidence going into their division next season. Colchester, who finished 5th in league above, deservedly beat us in the final. We will look for revenge in the league next season!

Club:

Squad Forgot to capture the end of season awards. I inherited some good players and added to this with youth who have developed with the club this season and should be good enough for the step up next season. A couple of loans were also great additions.

Transfers: North Carolina came in for one of the best players at the club early which was unfortunate but I got £63K for him, thankfully we didn't need him. We brought in a few young players who made up the core of the squad.

Club VisionExpected to avoid relegation in the Vanarama National. Was offered a new 2 year contract which now extends my stay until 2024.

Key Players: 

Nyal Bell - Was a great partner to Connelly up top and provided goals and assists consistently. He won goal of the season.

Lee Connelly - On loan from Sunderland, who kept complaining I wasn't playing him as an AMC, scored a crazy 42 goals in all competitions. 35 of these came in the league, which sealed the Golden Boot and Vanarama National North Player of the Season.

Ibrahim Bakare - Club captain at 19 and was a warrior at the back. He has improved a lot over the season and will be at the heart of the defence next season.

Josh Gillies - I was unsure about him and toyed with the idea of trying to replace him, but I was glad that I didn't! 16 assists in the league was 2nd best and 10 goals added to that was a big help.

Myles Boney - Solid performance from this goalkeeper who was already in the squad when I took over. I played an attacking style so he faced a lot of one on ones and saved us a lot of times.

Best Youth Intake Player: I signed a few youth players but this was the best one unfortunately - Chrissy McKernie

Overall Best ElevenAs expected

FinancesLooking healthy after good cup runs and the title win. The board announced plans to expand the stadium to comply with league rules which will probably have an effect.

Manager ProfileAt the end of the season, the board finally agreed to let me start the coaching course for the National C Licence

Season    Team           League                            Finish    FA Cup      FA Trophy   Top Goalscorer  Most Assists  Notes  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22   South Shields	 Vanarama National League North	    1st	     3rd Round   Runner-Up   Connelly (35)   Gillies (16)  Promoted as Champions!

Kings Langley

KLFC_logo.png.71baf037fc5c48a04e4a3e32753f974d.png 

National League North– 2021/22 – 9th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A good first season saw us run it close to qualification for the play-offs. As usual with a first season in the Conference North, recruitment was difficult. By the end of the season I had scraped together a half decent team although it was lacking in key departments. Hopefully a good summer will see me able to strengthen significantly.

Key Players

Mike Fondopex-Guiseley striker scored an impressive 22 goals in 32 games.

Harry Crawford – The inside forward contributed 20 goals from the wing.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Conference North                9th       

Edited by Andrew Haines

hmm... despite  improving the squad my form  collapsed in my second season and I  got  sacked. Having another go, this time as Lewes. They are notable to me as being the most difficult ground photo I ever took. I couldn't for  the life of me find anywhere to park. The  background picture was taken while parked illegally out of the window of my car.

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2064/65

Losing both major cup finals last year wasn't ideal, we are better than that.

League Table - another unbeaten season, but fewer than 100 points. There was no miracle for Mansfield this time.

Community Shield - early goals sealed this narrow win.

League Cup - we lost out in the quarters.

FA Cup - we played a blinder in the final.

UEFA Champions League - we held on to deny Pompey their first win.

Squad - the squad is fantastic, but I'm struggling to keep everyone happy with playing time.

Transfers - nothing major.

Finances - a loss, which was unexpected.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - he about to turn 30, is it time to move him on?

José Alves - he's giving us great competition on the wing.

Daniel Pozo - our MVP, another winger.

Career Overview:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2034/35     Premier League               3rd          League Cup finalists, Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League finalists
2036/37     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2037/38     Premier League               1st          League Cup and CWC winners, Champions League finalists
2038/39     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2039/40     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup finalists
2040/41     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2041/42     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners
2042/43     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2043/44     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2044/45     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2045/46     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2046/47     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2047/48     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners
2048/49     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2049/50     Premier League               1st          FA Cup finalists, CWC and Champions League winners
2050/51     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2051/52     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2052/53     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2053/54     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and FA Cup winners, Champions League finalists
2054/55     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2055/56     Premier League               1st          League Cup and Champions League winners
2056/57     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2057/58     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2058/59     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2059/60     Premier League               1st          League Cup and FA Cup finalists
2060/61     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2061/62     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2062/63     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2063/64     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners, FA Cup and Champions League finalists
2064/65     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

I'm getting the opportunity to ask for a new stadium again, so it looks like the old 20 year limit is a thing of the past. I don't really need one, but it gives me something to aim for.

Lewes FC

Lewes_F.C._logo.png.5735ca5c335f616f672199e6f92c059b.png

National League North– 2021/22 – 12th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

After being sacked in my previous game by Kings Langley I went back to the drawing board and re-drafted a new tactic. I ditched the 4-3-3 which  had proved too brittle and went for a 4-2-3-1. Initial signs are that it is well balanced. Although we finished 12th we looked okay with  an obligatory weak first season XI. Hopefully we can push on next season with some better arrivals.

Key Players

Lee Angol The ex-Leyton Orient striker  was top scorer with 12 goals. Incidentally, I saw him play for Bradford against Guiseley last week and he was decent.

Dylan AsonganyiSigned on a free from Oxford the pacy forward hit 10 goals as a competent shadow striker.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Conference North                12th       

https://imgur.com/P43PAWa- Here is the results of my 1st season with Whitby town this shows the transfers that i made in my season that helped me alot throughout the season.

https://imgur.com/Qz3sDmc-  Here's how the season ended was a hard season throughout but somehow manged o find a good run that helped me Win the Title in my 1st season now onto season to and hopefully can build on this success. 

Lewes FC

National League North– 2022/23 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A very successful season culminated in promotion as champions. In a season where three teams accrued more than 90 points, we managed to finish top of the pile. This was despite an indifferent start to the season. In truth, the squad at the start of the season wasn’t strong enough but with good players arriving we iteratively improved. Right winger Terry Ablade arrived in mid-September ,centre-back Jonathan Dinzeyi at the end of that month and Tristan Nydam at the start of October. They definitely improved the quality of the squad. It wasn’t until midfielder Jayden Harris and winger Corie Andrews arrived in December though that we really rounded out the squad and form picked up. We sat 7th at the start of December but 9 wins in a row to the end of January pushed us into contention in or around Ebbsfleet and Havant and Waterlooville in the top three. Form through March was patchy with too many draws but ten wins from the final 12 games saw us finish top. It shows how hard fought the league was that even with that sort of form we weren’t promoted until the second to last game of the season. I was happy that all four of my frontmen registered well into double figures with striker Dylan Asonganyi hitting an impressive 31 goals.

Key Players

Terry AbladeAblade’s ample pace was vital in the inverted winger role and saw him register 14 goals.

Dylan Asonganyi In his second season, Dylan moved from attacking midfield to play the striker role and scored 31 goals.

Record

2020/21         Conference North                12th       
2021/22         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions      

Gosport_Borough_F.C._logo.png.739c370253619ea7a13232a0a36761f0.png

Gosport Borough FC

Season 4 2024/25 - National League South 17th

Final Notes:

I give up.

I didn't managed to improve the club at all. No investments, the players are subpar and my tactics are bad most likely. 

Maybe I will come back to this challenge this year or the next one.. but for now I need some wins to get back the joy I had playing this game.

I'm in awe of people here who can get promoted after 1 or 2 seasons. Chapeau !

4 hours ago, BuzzR said:

Gosport_Borough_F.C._logo.png.739c370253619ea7a13232a0a36761f0.png

Gosport Borough FC

Season 4 2024/25 - National League South 17th

Final Notes:

I give up.

I didn't managed to improve the club at all. No investments, the players are subpar and my tactics are bad most likely. 

Maybe I will come back to this challenge this year or the next one.. but for now I need some wins to get back the joy I had playing this game.

I'm in awe of people here who can get promoted after 1 or 2 seasons. Chapeau !

did you manage to get any loans or free transfers in to help your team etc also what kind of tactic did you use. 

Back from my longest break from FM (6 months) since 2007. Just got so irritated with crossing bugs. To celebrate my return, decided to retry this challenge. Anyway, took over Gosport Borough, The Boro. Actually just finished the first season but I'll post the update later. Only posted the intro now because I wasn't sure if I would stick to this long enough, but since I've past the first season, the most difficult part is over. By the way, why didn't the club just call itself God's Port Borough? It'd be less misleading than Gosport right? I thought it was like some soccer academy or something.

Gosport Borough F.C. - Wikipedia

Gosport Borough

Geraint Alacarde has just been hired as the new manager of Gosport Borough. The team plays their home games at Privett Park (HAHAHAHAH).

The transfer budget is £0, while the wage budget is £6,100 p/w. I can't remember the exact current wage at the start of the season. Anyway, free transfers seems the way to go. 

Edited by larxus

Season 2021/22 Review

Gosport Borough

Season Review: I started this with a vision of playing counter-attacking football with short passing, kinda like vertical tiki-taka but with a higher tempo. I hate seeing players hoof the ball and hope strikers latch on to it. As someone famous once said, "If God had meant football to be played in the air he would have put grass in the sky." Results were mixed, and I realised I have no talent in counter-attacking football. Ever since I started FM, I've never succeeded making a counter-attacking tactic. Seeing my defenders, wingbacks and even midfielders hoofing the ball hurt my eyes. So I lowered the tempo, narrowed the width, changed the mentality and some roles. The plays got a bit more pleasing after that.

Board expectations:

Club Culture: Club Vision

Vanarama National League South: Fight against relegation

Media prediction: 23rd

FA Cup: Third Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: No expectations

Results:

Vanarama National League South: 1st | League Table | Player Stats | Team Stats

FA Cup: First Round

FA Trophy: Second Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Awards

Key Performers:

Devon Arnold: I brought him in for a trial to speed up the scouting, and for free transfers, that's about the only way I can think of to get 100% scouting knowledge in 2 weeks. Our forwards department are lacking speed, so I was searching for an advanced forward or poacher type of player. Devon fitted the bill. He's not a very good finisher and has a preference for long shots even when he gets past the defence line at times. But with 27 goals to be the top goalscorer.

Patrick Zito: Another trial to contract guy. Our defence is really slow. And below par. Although the coach report says he needs to work on his consistency, I still feel he's one of my more consistent central defenders. Initially I used him as a Central Defender Cover, but it feels like there's a gap between my central defenders and midfielders, so changed it to Central Defender Stopper. Seems to be working better.

Jordan Aina: Too bad he's not renewing his contract. He thinks we ain't good enough. But credit where credit is due, he's an influential player in the field. Top in the club for number of assists and can be counted on for his versatility as well, which is very helpful considering how thin my back line is.

Youth Prospect:

Nabil Labiad: I'm in need of a Deep Lying Forward, because the one I'm using is inconsistent and old. Nabil's finishing is very low and vision and passing are not standing out either. Honestly, the low determination means I don't expect him to develop much, but let's see how this goes for now.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Try to stay up.

2) I'll need a WB because Aina's probably leaving, a DLF and maybe an AMC. And a CD. And a CM. HAHAHA

Year   Division          		Position   FA Cup		     FA Trophy		Notes
2021   Vanarama National League South   1st 	   First Round   	     Second Round           

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United

Premier Division - 2nd

Transfers: Some pre-agreed transfers came in this summer that we’d signed when they were 16 from Brazil alongside some players in pretty much every position as we looked to improve our squad depth.

League: I’d have been forgiven for worrying at the start of the season, a less than convincing win to start off before we got absolutely battered 4-0 on the second day. Thankfully it was a one off as we set about with similar form that we saw in the second half of the previous season. We don’t like drawing games however, either a win or a loss is for us, thankfully, much more wins than losses. We were around the top 4 all season, but due to fixture rearrangements our end of the season saw us have 3 games in 5 days, if we won all 3 we had an outside shot of the title, but we lost 2 of the 3 as the fixture congestion caught up with us.

Cup: In the league cup we were knocked out by Liverpool in the quarter final in a close match. The FA Cup however, saw us reach our 3rd consecutive final. In the first half we were looking comfortable at 4-2 up before our centre back got himself sent off with a straight red and our opponents, Manchester City scored 5 without reply to record a convincing 7-4 victory and win the cup.

This season saw our first tase of continental cups too as we came 3rd in a strong Champions League Group behind Inter and Real Madrid which saw us drop to the Europa League. We were pretty strong here and reached the final, unfortunately we put in a sub-par performance here and lost 2-1 to Everton which ultimately meant we’d lost 4 of our last 5 games of the season which is a little concerning.

Squad: I’m happy with everywhere in the squad except midfield which I think needs a big upgrade this season (that’s including the on the wings). If my budget stretches I would like some more depth all over, but priority number one is improving the midfield.

General Update/Looking ahead: Further infrastructure upgrades this season as we’re looking to max out our facilities as soon as possible. Next season I think I’ve got to aim to win the League, if I can get my transfer business right I think we’ve a good chance of doing so, we’ve got the goals (a new premier league record of 128 this season) just need to be a bit tighter at the back and we’ll be in good shape.

Key Players:

Jose Herbert: I agreed to sign Herbert 2 years prior when he was 16 and what a bargain that was at just 750k he’s the best player in our team at just 18 years old. 29 goals and 17 assists in the league he made up a good part of a strong front 3.

Tomas Barron: Barron carried on where he’d left of last season, scoring goals. Alongside Herbert he managed 35 goals and 18 assists in the league so even more goal contributions than the former – he has some interest in him but hopefully we can keep hold of him.

Choi Jong-Won: The South Korean man didn’t play as many games as I’d have hoped through combination of injury and the Asian Cup being midseason, he still was a strong contributor to the team. This is a position I do need an upgrade in, but if he continues to play above his ability I can’t complain too much.

image.thumb.png.d6da4ab51d8bc7b05ddb8af1c96084be.png

xB0H8vG.jpg

South Shields-  League Two- 2023-2024

So after last season suprise playoff win i knew this season was going to be tough,

Leauge Table- we started badley took a while for the new players to get used to each other and the way i wanted to play, we managed to finish the season in 6th place and a 

playoff Semi Final tie vs Harrogate Town wich we won 5 -3 overall we were lucky to go threw to the,

Playoff Final-  vs Doncaster Rovers were poor in this match they had two shots on target scorerd but we ended up winning 4-2 and we secured promotion to leauge one.

FA CUP- -we got to the 3rd this year we got newcastle united who were much fitter and stronger than us beat us  3-1.

EFL CUP- I rotated the squad for this game and we got beat by salford city 2-1.

EFL TROPHY- -We went all the way to the final and beat palace u23 quite suprised at the score line to i was 5-1.

Squad-still try get the right balace and needs much more depth.

Transfer History-still free transfers but getting rid of the deadwood too. 

Finances -the cup run and playoffs helped us a lot here espesially on match day revenue. 

KEY PLAYER PROFILES:

Myles Boney- My first choice goalkeeper he was joy to watch.

Mateo Mejía- First season here chiped in with 25goals this year too. 

Pablo Martinez- Good season from him he was at the hart of the defence. 

CAREER OVERVIEW:

Season          Leauge                     Position            Achievements 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021-2022     Vanarama National League North   1st             Champions 
2022-2023     Vanarama National League         7T              Playoff Winners
2023-2024      Leauge Two                      6th             Playoff Winners

Next Season:

I need to sort the staff out and try and get some more depth in the squad. 

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2065/66

We didn't quite manage the quadruple last season, but we fancied our chances this time.

League Table - this was our third consecutive unbeaten season.

Community Shield - a big win to kick off the season.

UEFA Super Cup - we ran away with it.

FIFA Club World Cup - Madrid gave us a scare but we turned up for the final.

League Cup - a second half masterclass sealed the win.

FA Cup - we made easy work of the unlikely finalists.

UEFA Champions League - we left it late, really late.

Squad - we suffered a lot with injuries, but it gave the squad members a chance.

Transfers - I offloaded a couple of world class players to Pompey to bring in a couple of youngsters.

Finances - a big loss.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - he's turned 30, so normally I'd be looking to sell him.

Martin Cuzcueta - if anyone bids £125m, I have to accept. I feel a little stitched up as this 'promise' was extended to a new transfer window.

Daniel Pozo - he scored so many important goals for us.

Career Overview:

2064/65     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners
2065/66     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

I've been teased with the possibility of a new stadium, so that's what I'm aiming for.

15 hours ago, _JHTB_ said:

Did you not just recently get a new Stadium? Surprised they'd build another so soon

Six years ago it was built.

In previous experience the board wouldn't even discuss building another one this soon, this is something I've not seen before.

Lewes FC

National League– 2023/24 – 14th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A decent first National League season with iterative improvements to the squad. As is often the case, there were iterative improvements to the squad. In pre-season centre-back Alfie Gilchrist from Chelsea was the top signing although there were some useful attacking arrivals including Jaden Smith who would top score with 20 goals. Through September and October more good players came in to replace last seasons team with highlights being Will Nightingale in defence and Teddy Bishop and Gavin Kilkenny in midfield.

In terms of the season, we started in promotion form and finished strongly but a terrible four months from the start of December to the end of March saw a single win costing any chance of promotion and looked like it might mean relegation.

Key Players

Jaden SmithThe attacker signed in July from Southampton and scored 20 goals from the right wing.

Gavin KilkennyEx-Bournemouth midfielder arrived in October and did well as a shadow striker.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
2020/21         Conference North                12th       
2021/22         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions      
2021/22         Conference National             14th                   

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2066/67

We looked back to our best last season as we won the septuple.

League Table - our unbeaten run has gone as we failed to make the 100 point mark.

Community Shield - a comfortable win.

UEFA Super Cup - and another one.

League Cup - a former player scored the own goal that won us the cup.

FA Cup - a huge cup final win.

UEFA Champions League - the 11-1 was the highlight of another great season.

Squad - the squad is in fantastic shape.

Transfers - I made some big moves as I sold some of our best players.

Finances - a smallish loss.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - I was thinking of moving him on, but this was one of his best years.

Andros Sotiriou - the youth product is our first choice now.

Daniel Pozo - our MVP.

Career Overview:

2065/66     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2066/67     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

The idea of a new stadium is still interesting me, we had all 19 league sellouts this season.

Image result for whitby town fc

Transfers- This image shows what business that we did in the transfer market for the season think i did a not bad at recruitment this season. 

20210806213828_1.thumb.jpg.e045da1a2da336d20fbe6c5544af1394.jpg

League Table-  The season was a hard thought battle with a few teams in the mix throughout the season the final outcome of the season ended with us managing to get a run of wins to snatch the title. 

20210806214007_1.thumb.jpg.f9577b9c9a81f7c3db14e3b949f60cc2.jpg

Next season-  The aim for next season is to try to move a few of the dead wood out my squad who aren't good enough for League 2 and try to recruit sensibly to try have a decent 1st season in league 2 along with making sure i keep the clubs finances in good condition. 

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United 2035/36

Premier Division - 1st

Transfers: Last season I’d pinpointed midfield as the area I’d like to improve this season and that’s what I did spending big on central midfield whilst also bringing in new faces on the wing. I also signed a real player as Andrea Papetti came to bolster our defense. Not included on the screenshot, but we did spend £42m on one of the midfielders.

League: Before the league kicked off we played our opening opponents Manchester City in the Community shield where they inflicted a heavy 5-0 defeat on us, so to respond the week later with a 4-2 win was nice to see. We did actually not win either of the next two, though they were against the run of play but we did then set the record win for the league with a 10-1 win away at Sheffield United. We just powered on from there, scoring goals for fun. We kept it up really all season, though I was a little disappointed in our downturn in defensive form with us conceding 17 more in the second half – but it did let us beat another league record of the highest scoring game in a 7-5 win (a game that we were actually 5-1 down in). We did have a little ‘wobble’ at the end of the season, but really the title was never in doubt.

Cup: In the league cup we lost yet again in the quarter final and the FA Cup I thought we were going to get to our annual final, but in disappointing fashion we lost to lower league Fulham on penalties – it took us till the last minute to even take it to extra time.

We managed to top our champions league group quite comfortably, only dropping points in our opening match with a draw against Napoli. Our knockout draw was a tough one though, and ultimately we lost on away goals after a 2-2 aggregate score against Barcelona.

Squad: We’re starting to take shape as a squad overall, perhaps the main areas I want to improve are  more depth on the wings and goalkeeper. That said I’m still content with the players I’ve in that position anyway. I’ll probably try to replace our backup midfielder loanee with a new option too.

General Update/Looking ahead: This season we continued our infrastructure upgrades, now we’re on our last training facilities update before we have maxed out our facilities. This summer will also see us make the 93 mile trek back to Banbury as we move into our new Stadium.

Key Players:

Jose Herbert: He set himself a high bar to beat last season, and did it really, 33 goals and 17 assists in 34 league games – we rejected a £96m bid in January – I won’t be surprised if we reject higher this summer; I’ve no plan of selling and he doesn’t have a release clause.

Tomas Barron:  Our strikers are having fun, Herbert would be forgiven for thinking 33 goals would secure him golden boot, but Barron fired 38 in the league (also contributing 17 assists) to make up a key part of our strong front 3.

Christian Vidal: Speaking of front 3, Vidal was the least prolific of them, but he still fired in 23 goals and contributed 18 assists in the league. We’re in a good place up front.

This screenshot speaks louder than any words.

image.png.d7edbcac7fae40940c110b3827bffe68.png

image.thumb.png.25c63c3dc5be432be84e89c5a2748508.png

XtWFw3f.png

Truro City - Season 2025/26 - National League - 20th

Season Review - Shocking. Hapless. Infuriating. Terrible.

League - (Fixtures 1) (Fixtures 2) (Positions)

We survived despite being the lowest scorers in the division.

Cups - (FA Cup) (FA Trophy)

Another poor season in both cups. Could really do with some money from a decent cup run.

Transfers - I don't think any of my signings did anything apart from Lynch. Greg Jones leaving for Crewe left a hole at left back but the prospect of money coming in from a future transfer eased the pain a bit.

Finances - Things are only getting worse but I've managed to improve things by bulk selling the transfer clauses from a poached youth player at Swindon.

Youth News -
Intake - I think I've used all my luck with youth players so far. None that excite despite the efforts of my staff to convince me otherwise.

Promotions - Marco Agius

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Faisu Sangaré - This isn't hard to achieve when you are pretty much the only player scoring the goals.

Top Assist - Ryan Bevan - It's got to the point where I think he will probably do a good job as a winger.

Daragh Lynch - Replaced a keeper who was just letting everything in and apart from the occasional nightmare helped keep us in games. Even managed to be Fans Player of the Year which probably says a lot about the season.

Any other business - Gregory Garner finally appears in the Swindon intake and he looks just as good as you would expect.

Looking Forward - We need to create more chances and score more goals. It's as simple as that. Even if it means midtable (though I would hope for much more) as long as I can see things are working and there is something to build on I will be happy.

Career Overview -

Season      League                       Position    Achievements
2021/22	    National League South        7th		 
2022/23     National League South        13th
2023/24     National League South        1st         Promoted as champions
2024/25     National League              16th
2025/26     National League              20th

16 hours ago, Tivvy18 said:

XtWFw3f.png

Truro City - Season 2025/26 - National League - 20th

Season Review - Shocking. Hapless. Infuriating. Terrible.

League - (Fixtures 1) (Fixtures 2) (Positions)

We survived despite being the lowest scorers in the division.

Cups - (FA Cup) (FA Trophy)

Another poor season in both cups. Could really do with some money from a decent cup run.

Transfers - I don't think any of my signings did anything apart from Lynch. Greg Jones leaving for Crewe left a hole at left back but the prospect of money coming in from a future transfer eased the pain a bit.

Finances - Things are only getting worse but I've managed to improve things by bulk selling the transfer clauses from a poached youth player at Swindon.

Youth News -
Intake - I think I've used all my luck with youth players so far. None that excite despite the efforts of my staff to convince me otherwise.

Promotions - Marco Agius

Key Players -
Top Scorer - Faisu Sangaré - This isn't hard to achieve when you are pretty much the only player scoring the goals.

Top Assist - Ryan Bevan - It's got to the point where I think he will probably do a good job as a winger.

Daragh Lynch - Replaced a keeper who was just letting everything in and apart from the occasional nightmare helped keep us in games. Even managed to be Fans Player of the Year which probably says a lot about the season.

Any other business - Gregory Garner finally appears in the Swindon intake and he looks just as good as you would expect.

Looking Forward - We need to create more chances and score more goals. It's as simple as that. Even if it means midtable (though I would hope for much more) as long as I can see things are working and there is something to build on I will be happy.

Career Overview -

Season      League                       Position    Achievements
2021/22	    National League South        7th		 
2022/23     National League South        13th
2023/24     National League South        1st         Promoted as champions
2024/25     National League              16th
2025/26     National League              20th

let's hope next season can finally be your year and you gain that promotion. 

South Shields FC (@SouthShieldsFC) | Twitter

Season 2 (2022/23) - Vanarama National League

Competitions:

Overview

Vanarama National League (Table| Results):

Board Expectation: Avoid relegation. Season Preview Odds: 8th (10-1).

Finish: 1st.

The momentum from last season got us off to a great start and this continued. There we some shaky months where the strikers were struggling to fire and I brought in more options to find something that worked again and also played a slightly different formations in some games. Although, we never really looked like we wouldn't be promoted and stayed top of the league for the majority of the season. York and Colchester both went on very good winning runs and kept us going to late in the season, but we saw them off to be promoted as Champions again!

FA Cup (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in First Round by Cambridge.

Disappointing compared to last season when we reached the Third Round, but we got League Two Cambridge in the First Round which was a tough fixture. We took them to penalties after a thrilling 3-3 but unfortunately lost.

FA Trophy (Results):

Finish: Knocked out in Third Round by Grimsby

Also disappointing this season compared to last season's trip to Wembley and we move to League Two without having won the FA Trophy.

Club:

Squad (End of Season Awards) We stuck with a core of players that we had last season, who continued to develop in a higher division. We added to that with some other good young players. There will be a big job now to prepare for League Two after two successive promotions.

Transfers: A few young players came in as well as making good use of the loan market to add to the core we had last season. Nathan Delfueneso came in to add experience and goals when we struggled slightly for goals from our strikers and he helped seal promotion. 

Club VisionExpected to fight bravely against relegation in League Two. Was offered a 1 year contract extension until 2025.

Key Players: 

Nyal Bell - Top scorer for us in the league and our most consistent striker. 18 goals in the league and Fan's Player of the Season

Ibrahim Bakare - Club captain and solid yet again

Shea Charles - Brought in as another CB option and he was just as good as Bakare and Gamblin

Chris Conn-Clarke - Back again on another season's loan and got the most assists in the league with 19 

Lucas Gamblin - Solid alongside either Bakare or Charles and very consistent

Best Youth Intake Player: I signed a few youth players but this was the best one unfortunately - Mohammad Noor Afzali

Overall Best ElevenSheaf and Burrell inducted into the best eleven

FinancesLooking good. The board announced plans to expand the stadium to comply with league rules which will probably have an effect and also we will turn professional

Manager ProfileCompleted the National C Licence and have started on the National B Licence now

Season    Team           League                            Finish    FA Cup      FA Trophy   Top Goalscorer  Most Assists     Notes  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22   South Shields	 Vanarama National League North	    1st	     3rd Round   Runner-Up   Connelly (35)   Gillies (16)     Promoted as Champions!
2022/23   South Shields  Vanarama National League           1st      1st Round   3rd Round   Bell (18)       Conn-Clarke (19) Promoted as Champions!

46 minutes ago, Gersdude123 said:

Good Luck

Thanks. I'd forgotten how tough the first transfer window is... got to the first competitive match of the season with 13 players and no strikers :idiot:. Now reloading.

1109950598_Whitbytopwn.jpg.fd6544e41ad9c9371467226946e22d2b.jpg

Transfers- This is the player i managed to bring in on Loan and the ones I purchased

20210811215837_1.thumb.jpg.df6ba3281edb855566dc65ca9f6cb14e.jpg

League Table- The league was a hard though season but with further recruitment in January somehow i managed to pull away from the rest of the contenders.

20210811215847_1.thumb.jpg.0074bb6ed068b74ec75938a88830f7c9.jpg

Next Season Objectives-  My Objectives for next season in League 1 is to try get a few player's who are not good enough for this division moved on and try replace them with more quality players that will help us put a fight up to try and stay in  league 1.

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2067/68

We have been back to our best recently, but we have a number of older players and it's not going to be easy to replace them.

League Table - just one defeat again, but we hit our 100 point target.

Community Shield - a dominant win.

UEFA Super Cup - an easy enough win.

League Cup - a perfect set of wins.

FA Cup - and another one.

UEFA Champions League - the big wins made up for the draws.

Squad - centre backs and strikers are giving me a problem.

Transfers - I took the bold decision to sell and promote the two youth products to the first team.

Finances - the player sales were also needed to balance the finances.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - he's not quite done yet.

Gustavo Alexandre - our MVP has been a real surprise.

Shane Davidson - I had been tracking him for years, but he's been a real let down.

Career Overview:

2066/67     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2067/68     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners

Next Season:

The chance of a new stadium is still there, but I'm not having much luck convincing the board.

Season 2022/23 Review

Gosport Borough

Season Review: Somehow, we managed to squeeze our way into playoffs, but got eliminated in the first round. That shows how much we've been punching above our weight. Switching to a more high tempo game paid-off in some matches, though we tend to concede late goals. Interesting fact, I had my first "OH YEAHH!!!!" moment in quite a while playing FM. A match with Ebbsfleet which ended 5-4 in my favour. We led, we lost the lead, we got back the lead, they tied at 91st minute, and we won at 95th minute. THIS...is the reason I'm in this. As a friend used to say to me when he tried to get me to play FM in 2007, "This is NOT a game! It's a career."

Board expectations:

Club Culture: Club Vision

Vanarama National League: Fight bravely against relegation

Media prediction: 24th

FA Cup: No expectations

FA Trophy: No expectations

Results:

Vanarama National League : 6th | League Table | Player Stats | Team Stats

FA Cup: Fourth Qualifying Round

FA Trophy: Fifth Round

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Awards

Key Performers:

Devon Arnold: Top goalscorer for the club again! I tried to have him unlearn the Shoot From Long Range trait, but it failed. To be honest, I think he would maybe perform better without it. He still keeps getting caught offside and some misses were really "WTF!" inducing, so I'm thinking of trying to get someone better. Someone who can perform in League Two as well, in preparation for promotion. His current backup is not developing well anyway, so hopefully having someone to compete with him, will help to drive him further. 

Freddie Moriarty: I'm surprised that he wasn't named the club's Signing of the Season. He has the highest average rating and the 2nd most goals and assists in the club for the season. He was my answer for the DLF that I was lacking and some of his goals really saved us, especially when Devon was out due to injuries. He sometimes plays as the AF, and if I can find a better DLF, I'll use him as my first choice AF over Devon, even if his pace and acceleration are below Devon's.

Michael Klass: The eventual club's Signing of the Season. To be honest, while he is quite consistent, I also felt he was quite average. He rarely stands out, except for the odd goals here and there. Since he's the main set piece taker, most of his goals are from penalty kicks. Oh well, they do say that players that quietly go about their role are also highly appreciated, so maybe that's why he got the award.

Notable In-house Youth Prospect(s):

Nabil Labiad: Developed slightly, but could be better. If I can get another forward, I'll probably loan him out for the next season.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Try to stay up.

2) Will probably need to adjust my tactic since the board changed their expectations on the type of football to play. 

3) Will also need to settle the wingback position, failing which, I'll think about changing the tactic to a 4-1-2-1-2 narrrow diamond position. Will need another forward and central defence too.

Year   Division          		Position   FA Cup		     FA Trophy		Notes
2021   Vanarama National League South   1st 	   First Round   	     Second Round       Champions, Promoted
2022   Vanarama National League         6th 	   Fourth Qualifying Round   Fifth Round        Playoffs

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United

Premier League - 2nd /// Champions League - Champions

Challenge Complete!

Transfers: I just wanted to add a bit more quality to the squad this year, and feel I did so with a few players coming in for decent sums as we set about our title defense.  

League: In the off season I made a few tweaks to my tactics as I looked to fine tune them to better set us up for success which, really, only served to make us a bit more frail defensively – we also lost 3 of our opening 4 away league games. Thankfuly we picked up and after further tactical tweaks we looked to be back to our best. All in all it was a 2 horse race for the title between us and Manchester City, however, a loss and a draw in our last 3 games saw us miss out on the title by just 4 points.

Cup: We broke our league cup hoodoo in reaching the semi-final where we were dumped out by Manchester City, a few days prior to the second leg of that tie we also got knocked out of the FA cup in the 4th round – our worse showing for a while.

A tough looking group with Athletico Madrid and Juventus to navigate, but we topped the group in spite of a 5-2 home defeat at the hands of Juve. However, that was the only game we looked outclassed in the entire competition as we powered our way to the final. I was unsure what to expect in the final as we are culpable to concede a few goals, however, we did the unexpected – kept a clean sheet. A 4-0 victory over Real Madrid with a striker who’d only scraped double figures in goals prior to the match grabbing a hattrick.

Squad: I’m happy with the squad, goalkeeper is probably first team spot I want to improve the most, but also we’ll be losing back up centre backs this summer so would need to bring in replacements for them.

General Update/Looking ahead: Our first season in our new stadium but I almost immediately requested for an expansion which was duly granted. I’m not sure I’m going to carry on with this save having now completed the challenge, but simply I’d want to try and win everything next season as I feel we have the quality to do so. I think I’ll play the club world cup until we’re out this summer then retire the save.

Key Players:

Joao Guerriero: A new signing this summer at Centre back, Guerriero was colossal. He also contributed 13 goals in all competitions which is a very good showing.

Adryan: Another new boy, this time up front, we’re blessed with strikers, but when the chance came to sign him I couldn’t not 41 goals and 23 assists in all competitions.

Matias Sotelo: I signed Sotelo on a free transfer the season prior and he was good then, he was as good if not better this time round 24 assists in all competitions with 16 coming in the league.

image.thumb.png.d508ff699d27d579fc70f3357eeb981e.png

Banbury_United_Logo.png

Banbury United

Club World Championship Winners

The final update. As the Club World Championship happened to be this summer I thought I might as well play it out and a successful decision it was. We got an easy group (which is fairly common I guess), but decided to make it tough for ourselves with a red card in 12 minutes in the first match, but we won 5-1 and then 11-0 in the next game. The first knockout was also a walkover as we won 7-2 against River Plate. I thought the game against our title rivals from previous seasons Manchester City would be a tough game, but we comfortably won that too (though that could be somewhat due to us stealing their best defender this summer). 

The final was a weird one, it was after we'd ticked past contract end dates and transfers out had happened and we had 2 suspensions in defense which meant we ended up playing a centre mid there instead, which probably showed in the 3 goals we conceded, but that didn't matter as we scored 6 of our own to beat Real Madrid in successive finals. 

Whilst I'm not going to be continuing the save I still made a few transfers this summer and I significantly improved the playing squad, the Club World Championship affirmed my belief that we would have a very successful season next time out should we continue on, especially given the players brought in weren't even eligible to play in any of the competition.

Forth season with Haringey Borough.

League Table - 1st place and promotion. I'm not really sure how that happened. I didn't expect that at all, especially because I didn't really strengthen the team that much.

FA Cup - A great result in 2nd round against Walsall from L1, saw us lose to Chelsea in the 3rd round.

Carabao Cup - Nothing we could do against Aston Villa in the 1st round.

Papa John's Trophy - Really weird competition where top teams' U23 dominate. I did put up a good fight, especially with a 3-1 win against Chelsea U23, but I ended up losing to Huddersfield in the Quarter Final.

Squad - Not many changes. Some youth players and Dion Donohue to cover left side. I'm still searching for good dribble/crosser midfielders.

Transfers - all free in and some loans out with some money in.

Finances - Wages hurt the finances, so we are a little bit in the red.

Key players

Harry Warwick - I don't know where he gets it from, but he still bangs in goals. I tried playing with some young players, but he kept on scoring.

Myles Roberts - Absolute rock in goal. He played almost all matches and had 19 clean sheets. SO important to my team.

Kazeem Olaigbe - Top goal scorer again. He just bangs them in, so I am so dependent on him.  Pace and acceleration ftw :)

Overview

Season		League						Position		Achievements			Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22		Vanarama National League South			4th							Lost in Playoff semi
2022/23		Vanarama National League South			1st			Promoted			Lost FAT final
2023/24		Vanarama National League			1st			Promoted, FAT winner
2024/25		Sky Bet League Two				1st			Promoted

Next Season:

Survive, again.. And hopefully clear out some of the dead weight.

Thanks to Daf for the steal of season template ;)

qn9bE5o.png

Met Police - Premier League - 2068/69

We have been winning everything for years now, but I've struggled in the transfer market. We are going to have to rebuild somewhat.

League Table - we had a brilliant start, but became quite inconsistent. 

Community Shield - it was close as an own goal sealed the win.

UEFA Super Cup - this was not close!

League Cup - we were more than a bit lucky here.

FA Cup - no such luck here as we lost on penalties.

UEFA Champions League - an early exit as we failed to pick up a win in the knockout rounds.

Squad - the squad is great on paper.

Transfers page 2 - I made some big moves early on to sort out our defence.

Finances - the transfers put us in a bit of trouble as we went way over our wage budget.

Key Player Profiles:

João Pereira - still playing well, but he hasn't got long now.

Dennis Bierofka - the youth product ready to take his place.

Gustavo Alexandre - MVP again.

Career Overview:

2067/68     Premier League               1st          League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League winners
2068/69     Premier League               1st          League Cup winners

Next Season:

Consistency cost us badly in the cups, but I'm not really sure how I can fix that.

On 16/08/2021 at 19:10, MikaelS said:

@dafuge amazing 17yo! Damn. 

What's Joao's goal tally now?

You'd think this would be easy to find!

The 'all time' stats page says 715, although adding up the goals for each season comes to 720. He's also got 161 for Portugal which are not included.

So I think he's currently on 881 at the age of 34.

I hadn't even consider that he could reach 1000, but I might keep him on a go for it now!

3 hours ago, dafuge said:

You'd think this would be easy to find!

The 'all time' stats page says 715, although adding up the goals for each season comes to 720. He's also got 161 for Portugal which are not included.

So I think he's currently on 881 at the age of 34.

I hadn't even consider that he could reach 1000, but I might keep him on a go for it now!

I've never understood why the statistics part on the history page, is that bad. It's always been simple and not detailed enough.

The 1000 was what I had in mind, yes ;)

Edit: I just checked and there are actually a fair amount of stats at the bottom of the page. Haven't really noticed that.

Edited by MikaelS