(3D ME) "Tuck your shirt into your shorts!" No thanks

How do we change it? :D
I mean, for example, I'd like Messi to not tuck his shirt into his short but to keep it out like he does IRL, was it related to the controversy value or?
I own the official in-game editor, FMRTE 20 one and even another one called FMSE or something.

Thanks in advance.

Just now, FrazT said:

I cannot imagine that there is an option in any of the in-game editors to do what you want here.

I see but how does it work? Is it like random or? I remember Messi keeping uniform out on FM2019 (I just checked yea, it's the case).

Edited by Gameun

2 hours ago, Grifty said:

Really? The game is unplayable because of this...

:P

Nobody said it's unplayable, but considering the game is the same every year, I do expect a lot of care on these details since I'm putting my money upfront once a year.  : )

1 hour ago, Gameun said:

Nobody said it's unplayable, but considering the game is the same every year, I do expect a lot of care on these details since I'm putting my money upfront once a year.  : )

I know you didn’t, was a tongue in cheek comment about what a lot of people on here say the game is unplayable.

Saying that, if there is a list of things that SI are working on to improve the game itself, I would hope Messi’s shirt being untucked is right at the bottom.

On 30/11/2019 at 14:47, Grifty said:

I know you didn’t, was a tongue in cheek comment about what a lot of people on here say the game is unplayable.

Saying that, if there is a list of things that SI are working on to improve the game itself, I would hope Messi’s shirt being untucked is right at the bottom.

Lmao yea well I've pointed it out cause it's somehow weird Messi had extra care in FM2019 and on FM2020 doesn't look like it's the case anymore, maybe $?

Whether its a priority or not....   I'm not a massive fan of how this forum jumps on this like a pack of wolves these days and dismisses anything that isn't game breaking...

This is general discussion and the OP was asking a vaid question.. how about people understand that its a curiosity.... and actually, I'm curious myself on what controls this or why it was taken out....

Why is that a bad thing? stop being so negative guys.   

/hippy rant

• SI Staff

This is entirely random and always has been, so nothing has been 'removed' from the game at all. It's not DB-driven so can't be changed. We're limited in what we can do due to licensing reasons (which also applies to more prominent things such as hair and faces).

33 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

This is entirely random and always has been, so nothing has been 'removed' from the game at all. It's not DB-driven so can't be changed. We're limited in what we can do due to licensing reasons (which also applies to more prominent things such as hair and faces).

Excellent.. good to know, thanks for taking the time to clarify it.. does that mean little details like this are random from save to save or within each save too?

• SI Staff
Just now, Welshace said:

Excellent.. good to know, thanks for taking the time to clarify it.. does that mean little details like this are random from save to save or within each save too?

Not 100% sure whether it'd be random from save to save or not, depends how exactly the randomisation is handled.

Frankly I think all players should be tucked in. 

If i'm the manager then it should be standardised short back and sides hair cuts and high discipline.  Maybe having your shirt un-tucked could be punishable with a fine.  You're representing your club so no excuses.  No different to missing training in my mind.

10 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Frankly I think all players should be tucked in. 

If i'm the manager then it should be standardised short back and sides hair cuts and high discipline.  Maybe having your shirt un-tucked could be punishable with a fine.  You're representing your club so no excuses.  No different to missing training in my mind.

You are George Graham and I claim my five pounds ;)

2 hours ago, Jack Joyce said:

Thanks that's the answer I was looking for :P
I see, on a side note, licenses this year sounds like troubles and not only for FM, hm...

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

You need football manager resource archiver. Open that and choose extract archiver. Extract simmatchviewer folder. The file just in there and after that just rename the file put it in your football manager document folder. Folder path C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\art\characters\male\high\models

On 11/02/2024 at 15:40, hilmizan said:

You need football manager resource archiver. Open that and choose extract archiver. Extract simmatchviewer folder. The file just in there and after that just rename the file put it in your football manager document folder. Folder path C:\Users\user\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2022\art\characters\male\high\models

? What file just in where ? 

It's in simatchviewer.fmf after you extract you can find that file in simatchviewer\art\characters\male\high\models . You need to extract first using football manager recource archiver. Just rename the untucked shirt to tucked shirt then copy and paste to your football manager document folder.Screenshot(189).thumb.png.9cc166916292a9dfd4e86a0c10b36026.png

• 1 month later...
On 15/02/2024 at 01:57, hilmizan said:

It's in simatchviewer.fmf after you extract you can find that file in simatchviewer\art\characters\male\high\models . You need to extract first using football manager recource archiver. Just rename the untucked shirt to tucked shirt then copy and paste to your football manager document folder.

Just tried this and for some reason, it's not working for me. can you please elaborate further on how you do it? (I'm just trying to make all my players have untucked kits)

Copy and paste it in your fm document folder. I already change file name. This file from fm 22 . If it's not working maybe because of different version so you need to do it yourself.

Just play with football manager resource archiver because there's many thing you can mod with that. I learn this when i'm looking to change manager outfit texture. 

Maybe you can learn from this 

Just use same method to mod your untuck kits. Sorry i'm bad for tutorial.

art.zip

Edited by hilmizan

On 25/03/2024 at 00:30, hilmizan said:

Copy and paste it in your fm document folder. I already change file name. This file from fm 22 . If it's not working maybe because of different version so you need to do it yourself.

Just play with football manager resource archiver because there's many thing you can mod with that. I learn this when i'm looking to change manager outfit texture. 

Maybe you can learn from this 

Just use same method to mod your untuck kits. Sorry i'm bad for tutorial.

art.zip 263.96 kB · 1 download

It works! Been searching for a way FOR A LONG TIME to untuck the shirts on the ME, since the majority of players nowadays IRL do not tuck their shirts anymore. Seeing those tucked in shirts were very immersion breaking. Thank you!