[FM20] Manchester United: Falling Giant...

stevemc

1 hour ago, Powello said:

over 3 seasons for me he played 45 times, he did ok when called upon, has an average of 6.92. My biggest mess up was not utilising mentoring . I'm in the middle of a mass clearout at the moment, getting rid of a lot of players, quite a few cms, pogba included. SO I might give him another go this season, see if I can get him developing and playing better

Yeah I think mentoring is pretty much needed to get Garner to improve his determination, as you'll know determination is very important for player development. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 02/04/2020 at 13:42, StePratt said:

Just about to embark on a save with United. What do people do with most of the coaching staff? Mike Phelan looks like a better coach than assistant manager, Butt and Cox don't seem good enough for Manchester United either. 

Interested to hear people's thoughts and experiences.

Revamped the entire staff room. All of them from coaches to Physios. Iike to start fresh. 

Only kept McKenna and Carrick in terms of coaches. 

Groundhog day

Last game of the season is away to Liverpool

Groundhog.jpg

Same s*#t different season

On to the fa cup guess who....

Liverpool 1 United 1 Lost on penalties 

Edited by pele10

A couple of years in and P. Neville, G. Neville and Scholes become available as coaches, all three are pretty good too although they may be random from game-to-game, coincidently thought it's when Salford City we're sold in my game...

14 minutes ago, stevemc said:

A couple of years in and P. Neville, G. Neville and Scholes become available as coaches, all three are pretty good too although they may be random from game-to-game, coincidently thought it's when Salford City we're sold in my game...

Gary Neville is a director on mine, not usable and no priofile, phil and paul aren't even on mine

22/23 1st Transfer Window

So the window has just closed and its fair to say I sold a few more than I planned to, but I decided to change my aims a bit for this season as I looked through my squads and realised theres a lot of potential and I want to develop them. SO my transfers are as follows:

TP5jPUy.jpg

Iwas going to sell only around 4 players and bring in some fresh legs as I aimed to win every game and smash that GD target. But yeah plans changed and I sold 8 first team players haha. After selling them all I had a transfer budget of 540m or something, but as my plans had changed and Idecided to develop players I wasn't going to sign anyone. But in one of the squad report thingys a few players were concerned there wasn't any cb back up with Dias and Tuanzebe as my main partnership with a couple of youngsters as understudies, I had a quick look at who was interested. I saw DeLigt who is a BPD of the top drawer, is also young and can improve, I thought why not. At least that keeps the squad happy as well.

The Joao Pedro signing was a weird one. He was on my shortlist anyway but I didn't really want him when I had Greenwood and Haaland on fire. But I saw a club put in an offer for 0 for him which I thought was weird, so I looked into it more. He wasn't transfer listed, he had plenty of time on hos contract left as was valued at 12m. Their offer was weirdly accepted so I thought why not try. And low and behold mine was accepted as well and we got him. Not sure what to do with him now, orobably send him on loan, But he is now valued at 37m haha. The other signing was made by Phelan for the u18s squad.

As I had changed my plans I had to ammend the aims this season and knew it would be tough to hit the 38 wins  and 100+ GD target after selling 8 players and only replacing with one really. But so far this season we have won every game, including the Community Shield in a tough game against Liverpool(once again) and the Euro Super Cup against Lyon. So 2 trophies in already.

SKuXuEk.jpg

Can tell already it's going to be a tough season fighting Liverpool but we are winning and keeping clean sheets still so all good so far. 

Oh and I have changed my tactic slightly from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-1-1 but literally just pulled back the AML and AMR back into the middle, I still have them with the same instructions as before though. We seem to be even better in defence and starting to look more clinical in attack so so far so good. We are now 78 games unbeaten in the league and have won the last 13 on the trot only conceding 2 goals. Greenwood has started the season on fire up the other end, scoring 11 in 6 games

Edited by Powello
wrong date

44 minutes ago, Spiegel said:

Starting to think Liverpool are the final boss in FM. 

Liverpool.PNG

Haha, pretty much the same thing is happening on mine. in 3 and a bit seasons I have played them 16 times I think it is

Just starting my fifth season and think I’ve got an interesting save as a united fan so thought I’d jump in.  

I have always went between an attacking 4231 and in tougher matches to a 433 with dm but for the first time made a dramatic change for this season you’ll see why...

Season one

Transfers in: none 

Transfers out: none other than loans 

PL: finished fourth couldn’t get going with current squad tbh, Liverpool win title 

Carabao: lost qf to Everton on penalties 

FA: lost semi 2-0 to city 

EL: lost in semis to arsenal, win first leg 2-0 at OT and lost 2-0 and penalties

CL: city win Liverpool runners up...

Not a good start, trophyless and fail to compete in big games 

Season two

Transfers in: Maddison Sancho Haaland - it paid to wait out first season so revolutionised the attack to help my 4231, martial scored 31 as starting st but rashford didn’t offer enough lw, martial lw haaland st sancho rw moving forward, Maddison/Bruno rotating at 10

Transfers out: Andreas Mata Smalling 

PL: winners with 99 points Liverpool 92 

Carabao: lost 4th round penalties to Liverpool 

FA: biggest shock so far losing 2-1 to Cardiff! Rested too many...

CL: beat real then lost to city in quarters, back to back city/Liverpool finals with Liverpool winning this one 

Good second season ensuring Liverpool don’t get 20 and we move on to 21, disappointing in cups though 

Season three

Transfers in: Attack sorted last season midfield this signing florentino Luis and Ruben neves, Luis my dm moving forward and neves partnering pogba at cm. also bought Bellingham, renyer a young rw and pedri a young lw for future 

Transfers out: Fred, Alexis Sanchez finally, lingard, angel gomes and ethen laird - was happy to keep both these but got good offers given likely playing time. Chong and Gomes always disappointing for me

PL: winners with 104 points Liverpool 96. Incredible second half of the season to chase Liverpool down and win back to back titles 

Carabao: lost again to Liverpool semis this time

FA: lost in semis ET to city

CL: another semi defeat to city, so you guessed it City/Liverpool final 3 times in a row, Liverpool win back to back CL’s. 

Retain title but disappointing again in cups and CL getting thoroughly depressing 

Season four

Transfers in: none, squad developed well and pretty complete with general young age, bringing youngsters through 

Transfers out: Jones, Chong, Dan James

PL: runners up with 94 points Liverpool 100 

Carabao: winners, first trophy win outside PL, meet Liverpool for third year in a row but beat them in semis then arsenal in final 

FA: winners, again beat Liverpool this time quarters and Chelsea’s  final 

CL: last 16 defeat to PSG on pens after dominating return leg at OT. Liverpool lose final to Bayern thankfully 

Finish the season strong again but not enough this time. Sort out cup form and win cup double. Decide I need some more world class players to compete in CL while going against Liverpool in PL

Season five

Transfers in: Mbappe and De Ligt. Again paid to wait out a season for transfers in, hopefully the world class players I need to continue to compete with Liverpool and CL 

Transfers out: Bruno and martial, weren’t going to be first choice and at 27 and 28 last chance to get some serious cash to offset mbappe and de ligt...also sold renyer, wanted to develop but money too good given wasn’t first choice yet. £69m net spend not bad given the two I sign 

So moving forward will be trying something new:

De gea 

AWB Tuanzebe De Ligt Williams 

Sancho Neves Pogba Maddison

Haaland Mbappe

Classic 442 should be fun with front two, have won my first 2 games 5-0 and 5-1 against stoke and Swansea, Mbappe and Haaland on 4 goals each already 

Options:

De Gea 

Neves Pogba

Mbappe Maddison Sancho

Haaland 

De Gea 

Luis

Neves Pogba

Mbappe Sancho

Haaland

Everyone's gone a bit mental this summer. Liverpool have bought Pavard for £80mill, Real have dropped £200 mill on Skirinar and Sterling, Chelsea £150mill on Zaniolo and Paco Alcacer, Barca £80mill on Bentancur.

...I paid Jarod Bowen's £14mill relegation release clause (he was unreal for me in an old save!) :D

I sort of feel I should be matching our rivals and adding big names, but I'm pretty happy with the squad going into this season.

Squad 21.22.PNG

Two more signings in the end, a 43 year old Buffon and James Trafford; released by Man City earlier last season.
Buffon's immediately joining a mentoring group with my other keepers. James Trafford (rated 3.5 stars) will compete with Ekpeyong in the U23s. 

Been an odd one in terms of outgoings: Martial joins Norwich for a paltry sum. He was riddled with injuries and couldn't get near the team when he came back. Pereira, Lingard, Dalot, Mata and Levitt also leave, none of them were able to get near my first team. Most gutted about Dalot, but Laird has surpassed him.

Looked great in pre-season, so have high hopes this year.

Signings 21.22.PNG

Preseason.PNG

On 04/04/2020 at 02:12, MatthewS17 said:

Revamped the entire staff room. All of them from coaches to Physios. Iike to start fresh. 

Only kept McKenna and Carrick in terms of coaches. 

I do a very similar thing in terms of trying to get the training categories to 5* if possible and with all categories having a light workload. I took a bit of effort with my latest save to work on U23 and U18 coaches/training as well to get all three squads with 5* training and light workloads as much as possible.

I've managed to get 5* in Goal Keeping (both), Defending Tactical and Fitness (both) and then 4.5* in Attacking Technical and Possession Tactical. That leaves Defending Technical, Attacking Tactical and Possession Technical on 4* and for the life of me I can't find 4.5 or 5* coaches to sign to get all the categories up to at least 4.5* which I think is the bare minimum for a club like Utd. There are people out there who are 4.5* or 5* but they all want to be HOYDs or Assistant Managers etc and I've already replaced those roles so I'll have to wait to see if new coaches appear in the game that I can sign.

When it comes to the physios, I look for anyone who has 20 for Physiotherapy and if I have spare slots available sign them.  Where I need to remove a current member of staff I offer mutual termination to the physio with the lowest Physiotherapy score and bump the average Physiotherapy rating up a bit.

31 minutes ago, quee said:

Still playing in 2021? He retired in mine in 2020 :(

Did he go somewhere or was Juventus his previous club still?

Yeah, I picked him up as a free agent - retiring at the end of the season though :(. His physicals are shot, but gonna run him as my third choice while my youth players develop.

Was at CSKA Moscow on loan from Juventus last season.

33 minutes ago, quee said:

Still playing in 2021? He retired in mine in 2020 :(

Did he go somewhere or was Juventus his previous club still?

Justlooked and he retired at the end of the 20/21season on mine

I finally beat Liverpool, did them 2-1 in the CL semi final 1st leg and then 2 minutes into the 2nd leg and Chiesa get sent off and I go on to lose 4-0 in the game and 5-2 on aggregate........I hate those Scouse gits.

They've cause me to crack and so I’m brining in De Jong in during the summer and then when if freed up some wages gonna get De Ligt as well.....next season they’re f****d

2 hours ago, Spiegel said:

Yeah, I picked him up as a free agent - retiring at the end of the season though :(. His physicals are shot, but gonna run him as my third choice while my youth players develop.

Was at CSKA Moscow on loan from Juventus last season.

2 hours ago, Powello said:

Justlooked and he retired at the end of the 20/21season on mine

4 people (2 in the Calcio thread) now have him retiring at least after the 2nd season, whilst in mine he announced his plan to retire in the first week of June in the first season. Will try to reload to my last game of the season if it will change his decision.

Season 2021/22: July-Oct

News:

In manager news it was a mad Summer, Jürgen Klopp was sacked and Liverpool bizarrely hired Jose Mourinho. Arsenal, now playing in the UEFA Europa Conference League, sacked Mikel Arteta and hired Zinedine Zidane who has improved them already early in this season. Real Madrid replaced Zidane with Marcelino. Big Sam stepped down at West Ham United, who subsequently hired Rafa Benítez. Club Atlético de Madrid hired Pep Guardiola as Diego Simeone left for Bayern Munich. Mauricio Pochettino finally landed a job, in Italy, with Inter Milan.

Here is a summary of the world transfers for the 2021/22 summer window:

nwg0y3x.jpg

In Manchester United news, Paul Scholes returned to become a first-team coach along with Phil Neville and Kevin Hitchcock joining the under-18s set up, plus we've agreed a stadium expansion to add a further 16,000 seats to Old Trafford, taking us up to 91,000 once it's completed at the start of the 2022/23 season:

fUebtzr.png

Transfer Window:

I started early and picked up Leon Bailey (£70m), João Félix (£77m), and Rúben Neves (£58m) in June to add to Gianluigi Donnarumma joining on a FREE. Shipped out Anthony Martial and Jack Grealish to raise funds to activate Erling Haaland's £99m release clause. Chelsea came in for Kristoffer Ajer, we settled on a £41.5m fee which I saw as a great return on a 4th choice centre-back I signed for £22.5m the previous Summer, which also allowed me to directly replace him with Léo Guerreiro from Flamengo. The rest of the players in my screenshot are pretty much young, talented players for the youth team.

I thought I was done, then with 24 hours to go, Barcelona came in with £90m for 29-year-old David Alaba, I thought long and hard about selling him as he's top class, but £90m for a 29-year-old was too good a business deal to turn down, despite the huge void of talented left-backs around - he was replaced with Cizão an hour before the window closed...

G2V6Y1x.jpg

Léo Guerreiro (Kristoffer Ajer replacement):

JZoR54B.jpg

Cizão (David Alaba replacement) - A player with a lot of talent, but needs work to be accomplished at left-back:

HiircjB.jpg

FIFA World Club Cup: :thup:

I never knew this was a summer tournament, but it fell rather odd, whilst players we're mid-holiday after a long season, they came back, barely fit, constantly having to rotate full starting elevens, but we managed to win the tournament:

l8hvF9u.jpg

Community Shield: :thup:

This game was a tight affair against local-rivals Manchester City, they invested during the summer with Fabián and Richarlison joining as big signings, but we just edged it on the day with help with a goal from local lad Mason Greenwood, back from his broken leg.

xDohv73.jpg

Super Cup Final: :thup:

Although we won this, we were very fortunate, Dortmund pushed us all the way, dominated the last 20 minutes and had a 90th minute goal disallowed for offside. Luckily, Marcus Rashford came off the bench in extra time to bag the winner...

GQWWF96.jpg

Premier League:

Top again, only dropped points were a 1-1 draw with Liverpool at Old Trafford after Sergej Milinkovic-Savic was sent off.

pJETZ7O.jpg

Current form:

E6aQ9aD.jpg

Champions League:

3 games in, joint top in the group - drew 0-0 away in Roma so hopefully we turn them over at home to help top the group:

sVpAGyt.png

EFL Cup: :thdn:

Out in the 3rd round to a full strength Manchester City. 3-1 up and fell apart.

xXwzjU5.jpg 

My Squad:

GK: Gianluigi Donnarumma, David de Gea

RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Ethan Laird

LB: Cizão, Brandon Williams

CB: Harry Maguire, Rúben Dias, Léo Guerreiro, Axel Tuanzebe

CM: Paul Pogba, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Rúben Neves, Florentino Luís, Scott McTominay

AM: Bruno Fernandes, João Félix, Hannibal Mejbri, Jude Bellingham

IF: Jadon Sancho, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood, Leon Bailey

AF: Lautaro Martínez, Erling Haaland

Edited by stevemc

Just played SOuthampton and after the game I noticed something funny, look who their manager is :lol:

Cpvi7nv.jpg

Hes not the best manager it seems haha. His first manager role was MK dons :) He seems to be rather handy to have as an accountant though as he sold 0 players but somehow made 4.8m hahaha

20/23 Season Review

What a season it has been, one of my best ever on any football manager version. We won everything we entered not losing a single game in all competitions, in fact I just checked the fixtures and the only game we didn't win was a 1-1 draw against Hoffenheim in the 2nd leg fitst round knockout of the champions league. I think I have to revise what I said before, it's probably been my best ever season. In th eleague my 2 main aims were to win every match and reach +100 goal differnce and we just about made it on the goal difference, going into the final game of the season we needed to beat Chelsea by 3 goals to hit it and we did exactly that.

twxdCU0.jpg

I said in an earlier post it looked like Liverpool would be my main rivals but they tailed off after 19 games after we beat them and Arsenal took over. I have now faced Liverpool 19 times in 4 seasons though

AqX1rAL.jpg

The star of the season was Mason Greenwood who scored a shed load, but if my wide players would stop shooting all the time instead of crossing/passing it when players like mason were in much better positions, then he would have probably got at least another 15/20. Seriously does anyone know how to stop the wide players from shooting/. I have tried every role, shoot less often, stay wider, run wide etc yet they still go against everything I say and dribble past everyone and shoot, and by wide players I mean the wing backs as well. Also has anyone had any luck scoring headers? I mean we score a fair few but miss about  20x more then we score. It's ridiculous some of them, I'm considering changing to short corners and just pass into the box as we rarely score from any, yet the AI score a lot more. I concede 16 goals in the league and almost all of them have been from set pieces.

Havertz was keeping up with Mason until he broke his leg I htink it was, and was ruled out for 6 months.

2hR3ARt.jpg

In the January transfer window I signed Tonali, TAA and Todibo to complement the already fantastic young squad. The average age of the squad right now is 22, so the future looks very bright

I got this keeper in the youth intake last season and have spent the last year developing him, he's tipped to be better than De Gea. His first couple of starts he was a bit poor but since then he has kept 3 clean sheets in a row, the final league game against Chelsea, FA Cup Final against Liverpool and the Champions league final against Madrid stepping in when Dave got injured. He has well and truly sealed Hendersons fate who has been poor every time hes played.

5IK7Bbi.jpg

Aims going forward

Not really sure what aims in the short term I can have now after this seaosn. Will see if I can keep this winning streak going but it will end sooner or later. If someone has any challenges for me feel free to send them my way.

I want to make United the record winners of every competition so the save will go on for a while as Madrid are still way ahead in champions league titles.

I guess my main challenge now is to score more and concede less

9 hours ago, sean_oc16 said:

I've been using mainly 4-4-2 since the most recent update. It's why I like Sancho, Under and Unuvar because they are all natural and MR/L as well as AMR/L.

Ive always wanted to try it in FM but never had the players to play R/LM so having sancho helped. Not to mention a partnership of Haaland and Mbappe! Greenwood has come on great last couple seasons as well as Tuanzebe and Williams. Hannibal looks like he’ll do the same, anyone in a fresher save should definitely look to develop them all. 

3 hours ago, Akustik said:

What's the best formation for the squad at the 2019 summer (winter patch) ? 442 ? 4231 ? 4411 ?

As Powello said you can use any formation but I’d suggest a 5-5-4 when you play liverpool

3 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

As Powello said you can use any formation but I’d suggest a 5-5-4 when you play liverpool

hahahahahahahaha, I kept my usual 4231 against them just changed form attack to caution, usually worked

4 minutes ago, Powello said:

Oh here we go,

ibbpOJt.jpg

I swear if I lose my job after everything I have done, I am going to join a rival and destroy them haha

Give us your tactics before you go!!!

But I will take your advice about swapping to cautious against the scousers

Give us your tactics before you go!!!

But I will take your advice about swapping to cautious against the scousers

Haha, I'm not going anywhere yet

Just watch how the game goes, in a few games against them  started on balance for 15 mins just to see how they were going to play and when I saw they were constantly attacking at us I went cautious and hit them on the break

17 minutes ago, Powello said:

Haha, I'm not going anywhere yet

Just watch how the game goes, in a few games against them  started on balance for 15 mins just to see how they were going to play and when I saw they were constantly attacking at us I went cautious and hit them on the break

Sounds like a good idea. Think I’m gonna go for a new formation in the 3rd season. Gonna try a 41221, use De Jong in the dmc as a DLPs then have Pogba and Bruno ahead see how that goes for my team

7 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

Sounds like a good idea. Think I’m gonna go for a new formation in the 3rd season. Gonna try a 41221, use De Jong in the dmc as a DLPs then have Pogba and Bruno ahead see how that goes for my team

should work great. I started off playing Bruno in the AM spot as a SS and he did great, then after a couple of years he tailed off a bit in that role and I pushed Havertz there and put Bruno back in the middle as a BBM and he was awesome, he would either arrive late in the box and head, tap it home, or he would arrive o the edge of the area as balls were cleared and he would smash them home from distance. He can work with a few different roles

I’ve had Bruno play well at times but then again I’m struggling to get to grips with the tactics and ME this year. Ended up using a downloaded tactic for most of the second season and it was odd. 

started using on around December in game and my smallest victory for nearly 2 months was 3-0 (had a few 7-0 and 8-0 results) and then suddenly it fell off a cliff and I couldn’t score for games on end. Greenwood is on 33 goals and I’ve got 2 games left of the season but he had 27 by the end of January, dunno if it’s me but it feels like 1-1s have gone awful again but that could be Greenwood’s decision making and the wide players definitely have gone back to either shooting or just not crossing at all

4 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

I’ve had Bruno play well at times but then again I’m struggling to get to grips with the tactics and ME this year. Ended up using a downloaded tactic for most of the second season and it was odd. 

started using on around December in game and my smallest victory for nearly 2 months was 3-0 (had a few 7-0 and 8-0 results) and then suddenly it fell off a cliff and I couldn’t score for games on end. Greenwood is on 33 goals and I’ve got 2 games left of the season but he had 27 by the end of January, dunno if it’s me but it feels like 1-1s have gone awful again but that could be Greenwood’s decision making and the wide players definitely have gone back to either shooting or just not crossing at all

Teams susss you out eventually, I had to use different tactics at times because they stopped working for a while, you have to adapt just as the opposition do. What role do you use Mason as? He was on fire for me then had a 6 or 7 game dip so I literally changed the tactic to help him. He was mostly used as an AF. He does pick the wrong shots often, he seems to need a few chances at times, then others he is clinical. 

8 minutes ago, Powello said:

Teams susss you out eventually, I had to use different tactics at times because they stopped working for a while, you have to adapt just as the opposition do. What role do you use Mason as? He was on fire for me then had a 6 or 7 game dip so I literally changed the tactic to help him. He was mostly used as an AF. He does pick the wrong shots often, he seems to need a few chances at times, then others he is clinical. 

I’ve used him as an AF and a CFa, I did take him out and replace him with Haaland for a while.

Currently I’m trying to figure out who’s expendable in my squad as I’d say it’s quite bloated now.

GK- DDG, Henderson

RB - AWB, Dalot

CB - Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzabe, Baliey and 2 Regens (I want De Ligt)

LB - Williams, Shaw

DM - De Jong (arriving in the summer) Florentino Luis

CM - Pogba, McToninay, Garner, Bellingham

AMR - Sancho, Chiesa

AMC - Bruno, Angel Gomes, Hannibal

AML - Rashford, Martial

ST - Haaland, Greenwood

I’ve used him as an AF and a CFa, I did take him out and replace him with Haaland for a while.

Currently I’m trying to figure out who’s expendable in my squad as I’d say it’s quite bloated now.

GK- DDG, Henderson

RB - AWB, Dalot

CB - Maguire, Lindelof, Tuanzabe, Baliey and 2 Regens (I want De Ligt)

LB - Williams, Shaw

DM - De Jong (arriving in the summer) Florentino Luis

CM - Pogba, McToninay, Garner, Bellingham

AMR - Sancho, Chiesa

AMC - Bruno, Angel Gomes, Hannibal

AML - Rashford, Martial

ST - Haaland, Greenwood

If that's your full squad then I wouldn't say its bloated, you don't really have cover for the dm

For me Bellingham has bean a beast on the right wing, Sancho is way better on the left cutting in> Gomes as well ihas been much better for me on the left. 

Personally if I was choosing who to get rid f it would be Martial, Bailly and McTominay. Im now in the 5th seaosn and the only one of those three that lasted was Tuanzebe, but I sold him in the summer.

34 minutes ago, Powello said:

If that's your full squad then I wouldn't say its bloated, you don't really have cover for the dm

For me Bellingham has bean a beast on the right wing, Sancho is way better on the left cutting in> Gomes as well ihas been much better for me on the left. 

Personally if I was choosing who to get rid f it would be Martial, Bailly and McTominay. Im now in the 5th seaosn and the only one of those three that lasted was Tuanzebe, but I sold him in the summer.

Well I haven’t really played a DM tactic since restarting after the winter update as I personally prefer a 4-2-3-1, that’s why I’m not overly stocked there but I may look at Garner as a 3rd choice in that position. Long term plan for the save is to develop youth players and not really buy that much unless they’re youth. De Jong is coming in because Liverpool wanted him and De Ligt because De Jong wants me to improve my defence.

I’m torn between Axel and Victor leaving, I want to keep United youth players but I also don’t want to keep them just because they’re United youth players if that make sense.

Martial hasn’t been that bad for me, is was the first choice ST at the start of the second season and he was top goalscorer up until January when he got injured just after I brought in Haaland (again to stop liverpool having him) and he was injured for the rest of the season pretty much.

Personally Chiesa is the one I’m currently thinking of moving on although that might be for the sending off he got in the 2nd minute of the CL SF 2nd leg again Liverpool when we were 2-1 up on aggregate. But I’m seriously tempted to play 2 tactics with Sancho on the right of a 4-2-3-1 as a winger and possibly Greenwood then in a 4-1-2-2-1 as and IF

Well the  takeover has happened and I haven't lost my job.... Win, but the new chairman has made offers for 2 players I don't wamt or need, granted they are quality, but I don't need them and both will now have to be played over youth prospects, which is annoying.

esNNMtT.jpg

2 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

Well I haven’t really played a DM tactic since restarting after the winter update as I personally prefer a 4-2-3-1, that’s why I’m not overly stocked there but I may look at Garner as a 3rd choice in that position. Long term plan for the save is to develop youth players and not really buy that much unless they’re youth. De Jong is coming in because Liverpool wanted him and De Ligt because De Jong wants me to improve my defence.

I’m torn between Axel and Victor leaving, I want to keep United youth players but I also don’t want to keep them just because they’re United youth players if that make sense.

Martial hasn’t been that bad for me, is was the first choice ST at the start of the second season and he was top goalscorer up until January when he got injured just after I brought in Haaland (again to stop liverpool having him) and he was injured for the rest of the season pretty much.

Personally Chiesa is the one I’m currently thinking of moving on although that might be for the sending off he got in the 2nd minute of the CL SF 2nd leg again Liverpool when we were 2-1 up on aggregate. But I’m seriously tempted to play 2 tactics with Sancho on the right of a 4-2-3-1 as a winger and possibly Greenwood then in a 4-1-2-2-1 as and IF

I assume that one of your 2 cms in the 4231 are defensive, thats what I meant :)

I let vic go because I thought Axel had more room to grow. He didn't really improve for me, but that could be down to me not getting the development side right at the start.

Martial is a great player but is he going to play if you have rashford iin his best spot? I suppose if you're not going to play Sancho on that side then hes good back up.

I actually almost signed Chiesa, but I changed mymind after scouting him for about a year, I didn't think he was better than any of the wide players I had and would barely get a game, so yeah I can see why you would have him in your thoughts to get rid.

Please let me know if you manage to get Sancho performing consistently well on the right as I couldn't, he did ok but nothing special and nothing like he has been performing on the left since I moved him there. I really wanted him to work on the right. He keeps Rashford out the side on the left, Rashford even asked to leave last season because he couldn't get a game. I didn't let him go though, I just played him till he was happy then switched back haha.

13 minutes ago, Powello said:

I assume that one of your 2 cms in the 4231 are defensive, thats what I meant :)

I let vic go because I thought Axel had more room to grow. He didn't really improve for me, but that could be down to me not getting the development side right at the start.

Martial is a great player but is he going to play if you have rashford iin his best spot? I suppose if you're not going to play Sancho on that side then hes good back up.

I actually almost signed Chiesa, but I changed mymind after scouting him for about a year, I didn't think he was better than any of the wide players I had and would barely get a game, so yeah I can see why you would have him in your thoughts to get rid.

Please let me know if you manage to get Sancho performing consistently well on the right as I couldn't, he did ok but nothing special and nothing like he has been performing on the left since I moved him there. I really wanted him to work on the right. He keeps Rashford out the side on the left, Rashford even asked to leave last season because he couldn't get a game. I didn't let him go though, I just played him till he was happy then switched back haha.

Ah yeah tends to be either a CMd or a BWMd.

Im not sure about the wings I find them so frustrating, the wingers just seem to run wide, never cross and then shoot for no reason and the inside forwards and wingers just cut inside and shoo horribly wide.....I may need to take a long look at them and see how I can get the best out of each

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

Ah yeah tends to be either a CMd or a BWMd.

Im not sure about the wings I find them so frustrating, the wingers just seem to run wide, never cross and then shoot for no reason and the inside forwards and wingers just cut inside and shoo horribly wide.....I may need to take a long look at them and see how I can get the best out of each

I know what you mean there, was having that problem but I have pulled them back to the halfway line on the tactics screen on w-s and they seem to be doing it a lot less now, I'm seeing more crosses from them now, they still do the odd messi run but nothing like before

3 minutes ago, Powello said:

I know what you mean there, was having that problem but I have pulled them back to the halfway line on the tactics screen on w-s and they seem to be doing it a lot less now, I'm seeing more crosses from them now, they still do the odd messi run but nothing like before

Ah I might give that a go, maybe try a winger on the right and an IW on the left 

1 minute ago, Zeonflux said:

Ah I might give that a go, maybe try a winger on the right and an IW on the left 

That should work, just make sure your LCM is the more defensive one of the two CM's or he might get in the way of the IW

Season 6 is done. My transfers for the season were as follows:

783541871_s6transfers.thumb.png.72eb0a3cd359589aa3aba8d2e7299c5e.png

Pretty quiet window really, Sarr was brought in as a back up left back as Telles left. Dembele was good for me but he was sold to make room for Carlos.

carlos.thumb.png.50f6928932ff06ba76f1e7fb6483613f.png

Who as you can see looks incredible, and had a great debut season.

But after 3 league title wins in a row, we struggled badly this season, I'm not quite sure what happened but we just fell apart in a lot of games, and Ultimately just about scrapped 4th. 

1733010709_s6league.thumb.png.73e90741e1691608036f731961cd40c8.png

A win against Man city with 2 games to go got us into the top 4. That win was made all the more special by the fact Simone before the game said I should be sacked, after we beat them 3-2 he could sacked himself, which I took great satisfaction from. Some of the draws we had were terrible, being 2-0 up against Norwich to draw and being 3-1 up against Southampton to draw were incredibly frustrating. Chelsea had done nothing the 5 previous years, but spending over 100 mil each on Vicious Junior, Fati and Rodrygo, plus 95 mil on Ndombele certainly helped, and were top pretty much all season.

There were some positives, Carlos getting top goalscorer in his 1st season, and Bruno Fernandes who continues to just be excellent, he will step up from vice captain to take the captains role next season, as Maguire my current captain will only be a back up.

The negatives were Rashford and Greenwood having pretty poor seasons, Rashford who has been immense for the whole save was particularly poor. We went out early of both domestic cups as well.

We did however manage to save our season and somehow won the champs league, our 1st win in the competition.

855742064_champsleaguewin.thumb.png.a427e280799ad4f0c624e1bc18a4aa4c.png

Sancho scoring against me was annoying haha, but at least it wasn't a winner. Greenwood made up for his poor season with a man of the match display.

In what was an awful season full of bad performances, to salvage something in the champs league was pleasing, but I'm still not happy, as we weren't particularly that good in the champs league either.

Onwards to season 7, its going to be a massive summer, as I feel I'm going to be very busy making changes to bring back our title. We also have the club world championship in June/July so its going to be a long summer.

Edited by sedge11

Argh!! Another big game, scouser and a red card for a right sided midfielder.

This time it’s Everton in the FA Cup final and Sancho decided to 2 foot an Everton defender just outside the Everton box for no apparent reason.

Not too impressed with the ME though as I’ve been playing a few games now with the shortest possible passing instructions and my players are still trying to bang the ball 50 yards to no one 

Still determined to get a 4231 to work with Utd, is it possible to be successful with a 4231 in the first season with no transfers? Not sure what the aim should be with the default squad as of the end of January irl, top 4? I think my problem is, I look in here and most people are winning the majority of games, but maybe that's unrealistic for the first season without transfers, I'm not sure. 

Edited by Gee_Simpson