[FM20] Tequila and Mariachi?

_Ben_

Gustavo Catalan - Player Progress

Here was Gustavo when he generated:

e0272009948abfe4185d914689638a99.png

Not up to much?

Well - I kept him, largely for his personality. Here is the transformation he has made since then:

ce42977d05298476b6b8321c9972db8e.png

f5d56b7621cc3ccebd1013012484b46c.png

Now - my HoYD is very very good at judging ability and potential but I'm happy to say that he has got this very wrong! Gustavo is never going to be a world beater and this wasn't about that - but the below information is so important:

fec26e513a363bd4d87056ce219d52ae.png

From a perceived 1.5* Potential Ability to now a 3* PA with the ability to actually play at La Liga level.

---

If this isn't a reason to keep all the players and not judge them by their day one representation, I don't know what is!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Gustavo Catalan - Player Progress

Here was Gustavo when he generated:

e0272009948abfe4185d914689638a99.png

Not up to much?

Well - I kept him, largely for his personality. Here is the transformation he has made since then:

ce42977d05298476b6b8321c9972db8e.png

f5d56b7621cc3ccebd1013012484b46c.png

Now - my HoYD is very very good at judging ability and potential but I'm happy to say that he has got this very wrong! Gustavo is never going to be a world beater and this wasn't about that - but the below information is so important:

fec26e513a363bd4d87056ce219d52ae.png

From a perceived 1.5* Potential Ability to now a 3* PA with the ability to actually play at La Liga level.

---

If this isn't a reason to keep all the players and not judge them by their day one representation, I don't know what is!

I love when you do this type of analysis. I have a HoYD and scouting staff with excellent JPA and they get it right most of the time, but I have an itch to go after the 15-16-year-olds with high Ginga Rating but lower PA to simply see how far I can get them...

20 minutes ago, Mikaelinho said:

I love when you do this type of analysis. I have a HoYD and scouting staff with excellent JPA and they get it right most of the time, but I have an itch to go after the 15-16-year-olds with high Ginga Rating but lower PA to simply see how far I can get them...

I just love that it shows that FM is not completely formulaic and there is always the 'one off' and I like finding it.

If you've got the finances to afford having a big squad - then I don't see why you shouldn't do that!

1 minute ago, rosque said:

How do you got about developing players so that they develop +3-4-5 in more than one category?

That's over two years but I just keep the individual focus moving to things that he needs to work on. If you look on the Progress page at 'All Time' you'll, hopefully, see some big attribute increases since they developed.

February/March 2037

9f15a154a467dd066ef7c5a13523939b.png

We are struggling here.

Back to our poor scoring and we've lost a little bit of ground with Real Madrid and Real Sociedad closing the gap to us. We still have to play Real and Sevilla in our last nine games, so, given our current predicament, we may struggle to qualify for the Champions League next year. Our poor form is largely attributed to the forty-four games we have played already this season and, with three players (Quique Garcia, Israel Escobar and Celsinho) all not having a pre-season due to appearing at the Olympics - we are rotating between out of form and out of fitness players, not being able to see out a full 90 minutes of good football.

We'll keep moving forward though - as we are still performing absolute miracles with a small squad and a group of players who are nowhere near as good as those in many teams below us.

Tough break losing in semifinals of Copa del Rey and in CL. Gotta keep that CL position in the league.

Also, how do you deal with players moaning about individual training?

For example I got this guy that I just signed and I want him to train his finishing as individual focus but he moans about it that it's not gonna produce any results

image.thumb.png.f27c438459e7c341720ea1d2ce28ca3c.png

Edited by rosque

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

That's over two years but I just keep the individual focus moving to things that he needs to work on. If you look on the Progress page at 'All Time' you'll, hopefully, see some big attribute increases since they developed.

For your youth players, do you train using just individual focus or do you train by position/role?

2 hours ago, rosque said:

Tough break losing in semifinals of Copa del Rey and in CL. Gotta keep that CL position in the league.

Also, how do you deal with players moaning about individual training?

For example I got this guy that I just signed and I want him to train his finishing as individual focus but he moans about it that it's not gonna produce any results

image.thumb.png.f27c438459e7c341720ea1d2ce28ca3c.png

1 hour ago, keeper#1 said:

For your youth players, do you train using just individual focus or do you train by position/role?

I'll answer these both together as they are quite closely linked.

I do give individual training to youth players but it is largely either attacking movement or defensive positioning as a way to beef up those mental attributes. They don't tend to moan but that is probably because I've built a very professional squad.

In terms of your player @rosque, a lot depends on your style of play but I'd be looking for a stronger finisher than that. If he's not intended to be a finisher, then I'd work on passing as it's likely he's one or the other!

2037 Youth Intake

5565861ecde7ab9f3bdda2c1c25d714d.png

5947fe609b31a927d2875395faf8481f.png

Let's get the negatives out of the way first:

• This isn't the well rounded and deep intake I wanted.
  • I am not sure how much personalities link as there seems to be little correlation, so I'll stop that.

Next - the good bits:

5a7032625ff83651ac64be5331d85997.png

If a son is a one in a thousand occurrence, then I have found another - a player, at a top level club, who walks out of the academy and is good enough for first team football.

Left footed - which all the most beautifully gifted footballers are, Model Citizen (Determination 14-20, Professionalism 15-20, Ambition 12-20, Loyalty 15-20, Pressure 14-20, Sportsmanship 15-20, Temperament 15-20) and Unflappable (Temperament 15-20, Pressure 15-20) is literally the best possible combination (I know I said that about Barrada, too!).

My problem comes with development. He's too good for the B team! I will more than likely put him straight into the first team next year and go from there!

---

Lorenzo Serrano and Abel Vasquez make up the better players from the rest of the intake.

2 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

2037 Youth Intake

5565861ecde7ab9f3bdda2c1c25d714d.png

5947fe609b31a927d2875395faf8481f.png

Let's get the negatives out of the way first:

• This isn't the well rounded and deep intake I wanted.
  • I am not sure how much personalities link as there seems to be little correlation, so I'll stop that.

Next - the good bits:

5a7032625ff83651ac64be5331d85997.png

If a son is a one in a thousand occurrence, then I have found another - a player, at a top level club, who walks out of the academy and is good enough for first team football.

Left footed - which all the most beautifully gifted footballers are, Model Citizen (Determination 14-20, Professionalism 15-20, Ambition 12-20, Loyalty 15-20, Pressure 14-20, Sportsmanship 15-20, Temperament 15-20) and Unflappable (Temperament 15-20, Pressure 15-20) is literally the best possible combination (I know I said that about Barrada, too!).

My problem comes with development. He's too good for the B team! I will more than likely put him straight into the first team next year and go from there!

---

Lorenzo Serrano and Abel Vasquez make up the better players from the rest of the intake.

Wow, he looks like a real gem. It'll be interesting to follow his development!

Just now, Mikaelinho said:

Wow, he looks like a real gem. It'll be interesting to follow his development!

I've had a player like this in the past - in FM19 with Beira-Mar. We'd just been promoted to the top flight and he came through the intake as the best player at the whole club. Sadly, he didn't progress any more than that as he had already maxed out his PA.  I have a feeling that he is going to be different though!

So, I've given him a deal that will hopefully keep him around:

7fc32e90fb36b82047f75a62393c3a0f.png

I'd love to see someone pay that mandatory clause!

Profits

03fd93c5afeb7b662b0d0ffb87b63fbd.png

About time we topped the table for something...

We have brought small, sold big and utilised the academy where possible, keeping wages, bonuses and clauses to a minimum. I would say that this club is truly being ran properly.

B-team success

cce4855c352274c2a59104ad255b3a27.png

90e11f21c66e8cc202a7ddc5ffce4de2.png

The hard work being put into the development squad is paying off. They'll need to navigate the tricky playoffs but having a youth team playing professionally in the second tier of Spanish football is an incredibly powerful tool for the development of my young players.

I regularly profile these youngsters and their performances have been nothing short of fantastic. It is necessary, though, that I keep the focus on replacing these youngsters who make the first team eventually, so that the B side doesn't slip away.

f2975da01f42cc3b922f9525fdb5f75b.png

Edited by _Ben_

Wages to Turnover

41a2ebdcca695b405790ebe48ef2dc04.png

As much as it pains me to give a 16 year old €9.5k p/w, we are a Champions League team who sells out a near 30k seater stadium each week, yet our highest earner is only on €75k p/w. I know that, at some point, our wage bill will expand as we look to get, and keep, world class players at the club but for now - we're performing miracles on a shoe-string.

Debut

812102f059d90ab22339285f1c5a7f24.png

If they're good enough, they're old enough! He may only be 16 but I've decided to give Miguel Angel Garcia his debut, and from the start, in our game against Valladolid.

He's the youngest player to make an appearance this season but, unfortunately, not of all time:

48993618f8527bb06bb57962d2ec4390.png

19 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Debut

812102f059d90ab22339285f1c5a7f24.png

If they're good enough, they're old enough! He may only be 16 but I've decided to give Miguel Angel Garcia his debut, and from the start, in our game against Valladolid.

He's the youngest player to make an appearance this season but, unfortunately, not of all time:

48993618f8527bb06bb57962d2ec4390.png

Is it a Miguel Ángel thing?

End of season 2036/37

6243db4e2fb2ba32f9381edf2eb456a8.png

We somewhat stuttered our way to the end of the season but have secured Champions League football again, largely due to the terrible form from Sociedad. Barca, once again, won the league after becoming absolute monsters towards the end of the season, once again, and usurping a wobbly Sevilla side.

We are marginally better off than last season and, maybe worryingly, have only strengthened our side with Quique Garcia coming and only Andrei Oprea and Samuel, two fringe players, leaving. I know that it will be a monumental task to continue pushing the big clubs but I can take solace in the fact that Sevilla are pushing (they finished 3rd on 88 points last year but that was an improvement from 7th on 61 points the year before) and the big two can be split up. Chasing down Barca though will be a different story!

New Getafe manager Carles Alena has led them to a comfortable league position and I can only hope more of my ex-staff members take the plunge into management.

-----

914c90acd8787ed2b95b8c6d707851e8.png

We started so well but our form, and player ratings, have taken a slight tumble towards the end of the season. We have, for what I think is the first time in this save, three players in double figures for goals but Ronaldo, certainly, has not really performed, going eighteen games without a goal. Likewise, Ruimar Evaristo, although still only 20, has really not found his feet and the midfield trio of Escobar, Bono and Mejia are, themselves, struggling for goals.

---

With Ropero leaving and Claudio Lopez/Miguel Angel Garcia replacing him, I don't expect much else in the transfer market.

----

bcb7798591bf3cb48d19be966245e6c9.png

2036/37 Youth Cohort

97f5a16ff092d1d8dcbcf2dff0ea7632.png

Another cohort through, taking my number to 70 players that I have assessed, trying to work out trends in what makes a player develop the 'best' and how I can maximise my time within the game to help produce the best players I can.

This is a poor cohort, brought up by two strong players in Martelli and Barreda, and I'm worried about the future of these players.

When looking at the best 'mean of attributes' when the player leaves, my measure for rounded-ness of a player, fitting with the total-football kind of concept, I see this:

87ab6a755bf1684c87e7e81ffd907224.png

Barreda leaves as the joint best player, yet, unlike Mejia, has completely changed position from an attacking midfielder to a full back - which is commendable. Martelli moves up to fifth in the adjusted measure (which removes Benjamin as he was much older) but nobody else makes the top ten - as expected given the lack of depth.

When I look at growth, it's an even more worrying picture:

0e2271827ba9f6ae7eaf20e84a4beb64.png

Barreda and Martelli started good so their development, based on that, is much lower with only Martelli making the top ten here. In fact, when focusing on the whole intake - this is what I get:

af87595bca1c238806f2b730b425b7f2.png

So I have the two 'worst progressors' in the intake this year, which I think is one of the things I touched on last year. But again, looking at the bottom of this list - it is full of completely undesirable personalities, leading me to want to work even harder to get the best personalities into the intake, knowing that there is little time to convert them and make the most development (knowing that the first year is where they make the most progress). 

Here is overview of all of the intakes based on the personality measure:

48e5938226ad917f8f042de93f770914.png

Now - I can't take this all seriously as the sample size is still quite small, but if I take every personality that has had more than four players through it - I get a list looking like this:

1. Model Citizen - 5 - 1.3
  2. Resolute - 4 - 1.2
  3. Professional- 4 - 1.1

Then last is Unambitious - 9 - 0.3.

The rate of development difference there is absolutely massive - on average one whole point of difference. This then plays a huge role when I compare the cohort to cohort:

2129c2c4a7ccc6c3eb084761616e4268.png

We started weak this year and had a lot of poor personalities - hence the considerably weaker average development - half of what I saw the first time I took the whole cohort on.

---

Food for thought! 

How will I get the 'best personalities' into the youth intake to make the most of the period of time where they develop the best AND give them the best chance to reach their potential?

2037/38 Youth Cohort

e7525983b44636a3bb86cb45d3e1dbdc.png

11bcf743552041a09d319d95796a625a.png

New group added with one huge standout player! He's so good that actually he's the best in every position!

I can't let it hide the fact that this isn't a deep intake and, once again, the bottom rated players have the worst personalities to develop (14th is Balanced, 11th is unambitious) with 13th being the anomaly of a Model Citizen. 

When comparing cohort to cohort, we are massively pulled up by the mental strength of Garcia.

---

14d59e84fbac8a6103e0252d5a78f8d9.png

Unsurprisingly, this once in a million intake player is by far the best player to start the intake and, when removing Benjamin and Baena as older players, he's over one point better off than anyone else (for comparison - Ropero and Navarro, first team players - have a mean of 10.3 and 11.4 respectively). 

But again, it's weak elsewhere:

c8b2d6b530b8f9eafb4160b2bc5db411.png

Maria is the 80th (out of 84) strongest starter and there is little else to shout about with more than half of the intake falling into the bottom half of my list comparing every player.

---

The big question this year is how much Garcia will develop with first team football, of which he'll get plenty. For everyone else - it's damage limitation, I guess!

On 15/04/2020 at 13:46, _Ben_ said:

Thank you!

Data collection is done pretty much completely automatically - I don't have the time for it otherwise!

I, firstly, created a view with all the attributes I want:

7a1d03c5663e6ee2a38c9829c83884ce.png

I then screenshot it:

ded0962d1f36a2013b4838455e7aa23e.png

Open as a webpage:

d6ea887b08c066331bc53765a3f943c0.png

Then copy and paste it in to the excel document:

3a9b309956a1663567be2ba1db43a407.png

Further along the (un-hidden) cells, I have a simple 'show data' (not sure of the correct formula name here, but it's a simple ='CELL CONTAINING NUMERICAL DATA'). These un-hidden cells are then conditionally formatted so, unless I go searching (which I don't and don't actually want to) the numbers are hidden, like on the attribute page.

892afe685f05286ac7516039532ccf80.png

----

I use this kind of thing for all of my data collection:

59a7570006b0ada94cc54ccc2985f82d.png

Here I add the average technical, mental and physical up and divide by 3. I then run it through this at the end of the season, then subtract one score from another to see the 'attribute improvement.' I've seen people count up the attribute growth but I've developed this way and it works for me!

---

I have looked at match data before but that is all manually inputted which, to be fair, took too much effort. I also can't print screen player reports so if I want to collate things like 'X is a good player for La Liga,' I'd have to do that manually, too.

Therefore, I tend to just stick to actual attribute analysis, but, by hiding the numbers - I don't think I'm gaining anything that I lost by hiding them in game and, to be fair, what does a 'mean attributes = 12.1' really mean anyway? It's just some additional data to go with my own judgement.

Can I just take a minute to thank you again for this post.

It has revolutionised the way I’m now approaching transfer.

I’ve now created a spreadsheet where I export the stats of the role I want filling along with some of your extra club dna and add up their figures and divide by 5 to create a level of player for the role. Incredible to see. I then weigh the best up against scout reports to see who’s consistent performers and relish big matches.

Preparing for the new season

I broke the rules. 

I kind of had to. This save has imposed stringent rules on recruitment and use of the academy but, when there simply isn't the required player out there and there isn't a player with the required talent in the youth team - I am left with a question: improve the first team or not?

As well as the pre-arranged deal for Claudio Lopez, who cost me €10.5m from Boca, I have splashed out the €20.5m to meet the release clause for Le from Corinthians. He does not hold a Spanish passport from heritage but is likely to get one in two years on residence. He's young, got really good potential and allows me to move veteran (at 29) Miguel Angel Villalba on. He's been with us throughout all of the leagues and the only player to feature both in the third tier and the Champions League for us - but we have outgrown him, sadly.

---

Here are the squads for the new season:

Goalkeepers

880c88427b43e104e5d035899933bbc9.png

Fulvio is obviously first choice here but Gustavo Munoz is developing nicely, should I need a backup.

Full Backs

4e746211817c1f058e47d250747179b9.png

These four stay the same and we are a little short of true talent coming through. However - my plan is to allow Marlon Lucas to see the last two years of his deal out before replacing him with academy superstar Dani Barreda. Abel and Jose are B-team regulars now and are good enough for the third tier but will never really be first team material. However - in two years time, my ideal full back set will be 20, 24, 22 and 25 meaning we are certainly sorted for the future and the players are (and hopefully) will be good enough that it'll take one of those incredibly gifted graduates to displace them. I'm happy with this area of the squad and I'm not seeking any replacements.

Centre Backs

a05438f5daf84bbde7acdeb986fe1240.png

Promoting Miguel Angel Garcia was a given but, because of his age, I'll run with five centre backs. Herrero isn't far from the first team and like Barreda, above him, will probably be a replacement for Navarro when his deal expires in two years. That will give me a 31 year old Carlos Alberto, with the rest at 22, 18, 20 and 20. Again - set for the future here. However, the depth is an issue and Toni Ortega is a real strange one - his mean of attributes is low but his rating for a centre back is high. He's simply not well rounded and can't do much else other than defend, which isn't what I want. I'm looking for some talented youth players to come through and fill out the spaces here, even if they aren't going to be world beaters.

Defensive Midfielders

f5eda54778b0c81a2ed00e235784e159.png

Le joins because Martelli is not ready, yet. When he is, I'll probably move Le into a more advanced position to take over from someone else. Villasanti is quite quickly being left behind as he was, once, one of my top players. He's a solid squad player though and will continue to be useful for us in the long run.

Central Midfielders

f55f16bf105215decf9cacee32a26338.png

Uriate came up last year and hasn't really impressed me, to be fair. He's actually weaker than Anderson in both mean and DNA role rating but I've kept faith with him. There is some decent depth here but I like what I have in the first team and Escobar, in particular, is really strong. Bono has settled as a reliable backup and it'll take a lot of development from any of those three to displace them and, as I previously alluded to, it'll probably be Le moving here in future.

Forwards

c59255ad9a411eea02db388b40f089f1.png

It looks strong here but, on the pitch, I've been worried. Neyveson and Quique Garcia are set for life but Lyndson is probably going to be replaced in two years at the end of his deal, and that'll see Almansour come up, but he too hasn't been progressing much of late. Maybe two years is too long and I'll re-assess this in January. Likewise, Ruimar looks set on paper but isn't performing amazingly well but there is surely no chance that my former 'bottom of the intake list one star prospect' Gustavo Catalan can make the first team? I've got lots of players here but none of them quite seem to fit the bill!

---

There'll be no more money spent on first team players this summer as €31m is more than enough (particularly when we're going to recoup €6m maximum [on Villalba]) so it'll be looking out for any youngsters in areas that I'm lacking depth.

14 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Can I just take a minute to thank you again for this post.

It has revolutionised the way I’m now approaching transfer.

I’ve now created a spreadsheet where I export the stats of the role I want filling along with some of your extra club dna and add up their figures and divide by 5 to create a level of player for the role. Incredible to see. I then weigh the best up against scout reports to see who’s consistent performers and relish big matches.

love FM but sometimes I just need to look at the things in the game in a different view. I find that doing this kind of thing is just that different perspective I need. I'm so glad that you've found it really useful.

41 minutes ago, rosque said:

Oh that's unfortunate. Are you careful with those apps for youngsters that are 3rd option for first team or are they not in first team?

Essentially, my 'first team' play in the first team and the 'development team' are the B squad. There is no intra-season mixing!

On 17/04/2020 at 18:35, _Ben_ said:

BX Brussels - Came across them by accident. Vincent Kompany, in real life brought them, so I set about trying to get him to the club and did, as a DoF.

If you don't mind, could you explain how you were able to simulate playing as a DoF. I know some people have different ideas about how to implement  since there is no "be a DoF" feature (yet); but I was just curious as to yours.

21 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

If you don't mind, could you explain how you were able to simulate playing as a DoF. I know some people have different ideas about how to implement  since there is no "be a DoF" feature (yet); but I was just curious as to yours.

I think he means he brought Kompany to the club who joined as the DoF, not that he played the game as a DoF.

Edited by metallimuse

19 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I think he means he brought Kompany to the club who joined as the DoF, not that he played as a DoF.

Actually you are right. I read it too quickly and misinterpreted it.

On 22/04/2020 at 22:31, rodesire said:

This is such an amazing thread and I am so happy I took an evening to read through it.

Thank you so much for such detailed analysis, it's inspirational!

I had kind of guessed you were reading through it as, every so often, I've got a notification saying that there is a post you have liked!

Thank you for the kind words.

17 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Correct!

He came in as DoF after he retired.

B-Team

I didn't realise the Santander tie was just to determine the winner of the competition and that, by reaching the final, they'd already gone up! I can't recall what our route was but I think that we actually won that final anyway so it didn't compute.

Because of that - we now have this:

7316ede2266168593635d1b7ce3a6fac.png

My B team are in the second tier and make up one of seven B sides: Athletic, us, Barca, Betis, Real Madrid, Sociedad and Valencia. Here is some background of the history of the other B teams:

Athletic:

b5b53edb313b8199e294c444cbe4d3c7.png

Like us, they won promotion by winning their league last year. Not a mainstay at this level with their highest ever finish being thirteenth. If we can finish above them, that is a positive sign for us - particularly as they are predicted to finish bottom, although this is always hard to tell based on how many first team players drop down to feature.

Barca:

30247aabc10f0d653952c685a76e6576.png

A strong second tier squad coming off two playoff finishes (obviously, they don't qualify) in the past three years. A young squad who are of good quality (based on the sheer quality of the first team) so always a team to beat and a squad to want to rival. Predicted fifth.

Betis:

452fa797f25662f072e6e1efc49bf2ee.png

Predicted 21st but have finished eighth in both of their seasons at this level to date. Not a hugely strong squad but seem to be punching above their weight.

Real Madrid Castilla:

ce6c62bafc7c092fb7165b1ab584fd92.png

Predicted 8th but a really strong side who caused us many problems when we were in the second tier.  Coming off a 7th placed finish but full of talent as the players seem to very rarely progress to the first team.

Sociedad:

25ab9e6c1913bf5ad3902fe73dac840d.png

Becoming a bit of a yo-yo club with two promotions and a relegation in the past four years. Predicted 14th and another side that we can aim to finish above. They have a C team as well so players tend to be shared out and, as such, are often tired. Hopefully something the B-team manager can take advantage of.

Mestalla

b325e343c28470e05d48d12abe8a972e.png

Another strong B side that has won this competition before, but Valencia's B side come off the back of two 11th placed finishes following their promotion back to this level.

---

It seems that B teams can cope here. We are, somehow, predicted 6th and three of our players make the dream XI:

f782fbc6eaa8c6a832d7a1dcf731baf8.png

Hopefully this makes the development of my youngsters even better!

22 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Hopefully this makes the development of my youngsters even better!

After posting my previous question, I read this. Now I feel dumb. Of course it will have an impact. Will you do anything different with the B squad now that you're in the 2nd tier or will you carry on like you have?

5 hours ago, Mikaelinho said:

After posting my previous question, I read this. Now I feel dumb. Of course it will have an impact. Will you do anything different with the B squad now that you're in the 2nd tier or will you carry on like you have?

It's the third highest rated second tier (after EFL Championship and 2.Bundesliga) in Europe so I'm hoping that the game importance is enough to really kickstart their development.

In terms of changes - not a lot. The only thing I'm going to do is pick up a few more decent quality players as, even though he's allocated to do so, my B team manager doesn't seem to sign any one. I wouldn't mind if he did, as essentially, I'm 'picking' parts of the team by selecting them on the player overview screen but I am very short - for example, we have one fit centre back right now. If we want to stay in this league to help the main squad - we need a team capable of doing so. The exploit part of this is though, that money really doesn't matter.

I've created my own top lists for several categories like Ginga rating and development, in the same fashion you do them. I think it's such a great idea to visualize different batches/players strength in a historical perspective. I'll incorporate a few of them in my upcoming post. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

8 hours ago, Mikaelinho said:

I've created my own top lists for several categories like Ginga rating and development, in the same fashion you do them. I think it's such a great idea to visualize different batches/players strength in a historical perspective. I'll incorporate a few of them in my upcoming post. You know what they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

I didn't in any way mean to hijack your thread with this. I just wanted to let you know you're a huge inspiration! Keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, Mikaelinho said:

I didn't in any way mean to hijack your thread with this. I just wanted to let you know you're a huge inspiration! Keep up the good work!

Not at all! Post some ideas in this thread if you want - I'm always looking to develop my own style and recordings!

B-Team growth

Whilst these players are not first year graduates, the team has moved up a league and I am interested in just how much the 'benefiting from match experience at a higher level' is worth. At this point - I'm not fussed about DNA, suitability for oles etc - just the mean of all of their attributes, as my youth intake (of old) did. For reference, here is the B-team squad with new signings Curro Avila and Alisson Zaros:

faf3578f4e44fe09069ed0e91d90bb95.png

I echo the praise being heaped upon this thread. Usually, I'm a silent observer but I have to say that this is an incredible body of work, without a shadow of a doubt. The level of detail is immense and has me rethinking the way I approach the game. How you're developing your squad without knowing their attributes being especially impressive. KUTGW

All the best