[FM20] Where the Danube Flows - Danube Delight (Slovakia)

B.W.G

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Frustrating intake, but you're looking good value for money in the league. Excellent stuff!

Thanks!

Not overly bothered by the intake as I know the facilities aren't the best but with the money we've earned this season,there is the possibility of asking for upgrades at the end of the season.

4 hours ago, JonasAjax said:

Looking good for the league title. So the ECII is straight into QF after the group stage?

Thanks!

With the EC II,the winners of the group go straight into the 2nd Round Knockout (I beat Dinamo Bucharest in 2nd Round KO).With the first round knockout,it's the eight teams who came second in the group with the eight teams who came 3rd in their Euro Cup group.

3 hours ago, andychar said:

Caught up and loving it. Should be an interesting end to the season.

Thanks!It was interesting but we have a slight gap now despite Dinamo giving us a 3-0 thumping!

Edited by B.W.G

March 2022

Fixtures

NlzlibG.png?1

League Table

r2FNZDn.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

As it turns out,I don't do normal losses as both losses this season have been heavy defeat and against rival teams!We picked up nine points in the league but the lead has dropped t to seven points as Dinamo dropped points against HNK Gorica (they drew 2-2).In the Euro Cup II,we had a comfortable 5-1 aggregate victory over Dinamo Bucharest which means we move onto the quarter finals.The one thing I have noticed is that injuries and suspensions are starting to become a but more frequent so hopefully we won't drop too many points between now and the end of the season.A worrying thing is being able to keep hold of Arezo,he has scored 38 times in 40 appearances but is now attracting a lot of interest from German teams and only has a £16 million minimum fee release clause.

April is a busy month with eight games to play,five of these are in the league,two in the Euro Cup and one in the Croatian Cup.In the league we face Sibenik,Lokomotiva,Hajduk,Slaven Belupo and Inter Zapersic,out side of the Hajduk match,these are relatively easy matches so we should be able to pick a few points up as we continue in our quest for the title.The big two matches come in the Euro Cup II,our two legged tie comes against English side Wolves and they are one of the bigger teams left in the competition so I want to at least put up a good fight against them.We've reach the Croatian Cup semi-final and we will face Osijek,not a difficult tie as we avoided Hajduk but anything can happen on the day and I hope we play to our best and win the match as that should help keep the board off my back.

Edited by B.W.G

April 2022

Fixtures

w4nHhPh.png?1

League Table

zj3moGR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well it's easy to say that April has been my worse month in charge of Rijeka,although two of those games we failed to win were against Wolves as we lost 6-2 on aggregate but we probably should of lost the second leg as well as Wolves were the better team in both games.We picked up eleven points in the league as we dropped points against Lokomotiva and Hajduk but we are five points ahead of Dinamo and we have a game in hand on them so one win will see us win the title.As for the Croatian Cup,the scoreline flattered us Arezo hit a very late hat-trick to see us through,props to Arezo as he carried us in the last three games of the month.

Four games in May as we play three league games and once Croatian Cup game.In the league we have two games against HNK Gorica which are both at home and a away match against Dinamo.I'm hoping we can wrap the league up in one of the games against HNK Gorica so I won't have to worry about the last league game of the season.In the Croatian Cup,it's a very big match as we play Hajduk in a Adriatic Derby final,to make it even more tense is the fact that Hajduk are actually the reigning champions so it doesn't get much bigger than that!

May 2022

Fixtures

HoKpJCd.png?1

League Table

RWyxTaM.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

I'm glad we got the league title wrapped up in the first game as we ended the season with a bit of whimper as we drew with HNK Gorica in the second game before losing to Dinamo in the last game of the season.Those five points dropped meant we missed out on setting a new point record by two points and that is extremely annoying.On the upside,we were fantastic in the Adriatic Derby cup final as we beat Hajduk 5-0 to clinch a double.

End of season update to follow then further into the future we go!

hxRD5WX.jpg

HNK Rijeka - Croatian First League - End of Season - 2021/22

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Four players released (one of which retired) as they didn't have a future at the club.Eleven players out on loan for developmental reasons while eleven players left the club for a combined fee of £18.5 million.On the inside,twelve players came in four a combined fee of £4.3 million.We finished the season with making a profit of £14.2 million which helps towards the club's vision of sign players to sell for a profit.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Croatian First League - Winners

m6tEL6l.png?1

It ended up looking pretty close but in reality we faltered towards the end of the season where we won three of our last seven matches in the league.Our below par form saw us miss out on the points record by two point.Enough with the negatives,I am delighted to have won the title as getting in the Champions League is a massive help for us due to the potential funds we can get from playing in the competition.Despite our amazing run from when I took over in the 2020/21 season,we didn't manage to break any records as Dinamo hold the record for most goals (98 in the 93/94 season) and longest unbeaten run (50 games!)We scored 84 goals and got to 31 games unbeaten!

Euro Cup II - Quarter Finals

zrTLXrx.png?1

We beat Stromsgodset,Cukaricki and Bologna to reach the group stage.In the group stage we topped a group containing Club Brugge,Olympiakos and Buducnost.For the topping the group,we were place in the 2nd Knockout round where we beat Dinamo Bucharest 5-1 on aggregate.Our run came to a screaming halt in the quarter finals as we lost 6-2 on aggregate to Wolves and it could have been much worse.Club Brugge would go onto win the Euro Cup II much to my annoyance after doing the double over them in the group stage!

Croatian Cup - Winners

G6DrMB0.png?1

We beat Cespin,Dinamo,Krk and Osijek on our way to the final.As for the final itself,I feel it didn't live up to the hype as we destroyed Hajduk 5-0,considering they played a lot better in the league games against us,I was expecting it to be a lot closer.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

mngGJlr.png?1

Matías Arezo

Probably will be the best free transfer I'll make in this save,was top score in the First League and won Player of the Year.Has a minimum fee release clause of £16 million and is wanted by thirteen clubs so I doubt I will be able to keep him if someone offers that much.

Bogdan Cigan

He was rated as the second best performer in the team for the season and that is despite him missing three months of the season.It makes me wonder how he would have done if he didn't miss as much time.Surprisingly doesn't have anyone interested in him despite being one of the higher valued players.

Stjepan Locnar

He is one of the players who was here at the club when I took over,he was an absolute rock in midfield.His performance this season have seen him attract the attention of Al-Ahli,I am surprised that he hasn't had a call up this season for the Bosnia side as he deserves one just off his performances.

Marco Achnitz

No one came close to matching him on the right hand side as his high quality performances saw him get capped by Austria's senior team.He was always involved in play and was pretty consistent when it came to goals and assists.His performances have seen him attract the attention of Werder Bremen and Red Bull Salzburg but he doesn't have a minimum fee release clause so I will be able to reject a lot of bids.

Tibor Halilovic

He is the second piece of our MC duo and he was just as good as Locnar and like Locnar,I have no idea what he has to do to receive a call up for the national team.He became a key player for us as he is versatile and could cover different positions and roles,definitely need to keep him for next season.

Manager's Thoughts

It was a fantastic season overall as we won the double and secured Champions League football for next season  and with that,the board gets off my back for the time being.Rijeka will be going under some developments which will be ready for next season as the Training and Youth facilities are receiving a upgrade,the latter is really important for us as the board have decided to toss in "maintain the best youth system in the country" as part of the five year plan and I think that currently belongs to Dinamo!In the five year plan,it also mentions Expand Stadium and apparently the board has plans for that so I am in the dark with that one.I will be asking for Junior Coaching and Youth recruitment in the near future as this will help out in the long run.

I finish my Continental B license in July so that should help increase my rep and ability but I am expecting to still be here next season as I'm not willing to take a sideways step to countries such as Bulgaria,Serbia or Romania.The next logical step up would be going to Ukraine or Austria but with league rep always changing,the future isn't set in stone.I won't expect to do much in the transfer window as we have a decent team who can only improve,the only major moves I will make is if the money for a player is too big to turn down and we need to replace him.The reign of Dinamo is now over,long live Rijeka!

juoQS76.png

Edited by B.W.G

Commercial Summary

mDvlrQX.png?1

Greens across the board is always a good sign and our increased income can come down to our success in competitions as that netted us over £10 million last season.The new sponsors are not as high as I like but it will go up if I can get the club rep up along with league reputation rising.Seeing Pavicic as one of the big shirt sellers is a bit surprising as he wasn't one of the best this sesaon but I guess the fans love him for reasons I don't know.

Danube League Rep

stVqjAl.png

Great to see the two lowest moving up the rankings,although Slovakia have not dropped below Hungary but 32nd is still better than the 38th Hungary were in at this point last year.Serbia doing well in European competitions last season saw them rise to 15th which knocked Bulgaria and Croatia down,all I am saying in Croatia's defence is that the other teams let me down.Austria and Ukraine swapped with each other again and Germany stayed where they were but it will take a lot of effort for them to move up or down so I am not expecting anything for a while if it involves Germany.

3 hours ago, B.W.G said:

Greens across the board is always a good sign and our increased income can come down to our success in competitions as that netted us over £10 million last season.The new sponsors are not as high as I like but it will go up if I can get the club rep up along with league reputation rising.Seeing Pavicic as one of the big shirt sellers is a bit surprising as he wasn't one of the best this sesaon but I guess the fans love him for reasons I don't know.

giphy.gif

hxRD5WX.jpg

HNK Rijeka - Croatian First League - Pre-Season - 2022/23

Season Preview - Expectations

TransfersReleased

No one was released or retired.Six players left on loan for developmental reasons while six players left on free to join other clubs,these were mainly youngsters who didn't look they were going to make it and fringe players who were moaning about game time.Just the two players came in,Olivera may seem a bit expensive but he is a long term replacement for James Lawrence.There could possibly be a major name leaving as a minimum fee release of £16 million was met for a player so I may need to buy another backup player.

Club Vision

dOYdBHy.png?1

Pre-Season Fixtures

8nhj8B4.png?1

It was an easier pre-season as I played lesser or similar sides to ourselves to make sure our morale is high going into the new season.This pre-season started and ended a bit earlier due to the World Cup,it will be interesting to see how things pan out with taking that into affect.

The Team

Tactic

GK - Sweeper Keeper - Support

CbUQA5D.png?1

DR - Wing Back - Support

I81dshc.png?1

DL - Wing Back - Support

Ly9Niab.png?1

DC - Ball Playing Defender - Defend

m5Xq2NB.png?1

DM - Anchorman - Defend

i8buzL2.png?1

MC - Box to Box Midfielder - Support

6zomNdj.png?1

MC - Advanced Playmaker - Support

AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

YVGlHWD.png?1

AML - Inside Forward - Attack

dkW4DRr.png?1

ST - Pressing Forward - Attack

pJGNdsd.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It's been a busy pre-season off the field as the board decided to expand the stadium while I asked for upgrades to Training and Youth facilities and the board agreed to both so they will be finished upgrading during the season.I also asked for upgrades to Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment and both now sit at Excellent.This shows the chairman's ambition as he did mention the stadium expansion and maintaining the best youth system in the new five year plan.I'm pretty much satisfied with the team we have but I may have to get one more ST in as Arezo is currently in talks with Real Madrid after they met the £16 million minimum fee release clause,even with that happening,I think we should have enough to get into the top two again but I will be giving a bit of extra time to the player who will be our number one striker.

The expectations of this season is to win the league,reach the playoffs in the Champions League and reach the final of the Croatian Cup.All of these are achievable and I do believe we could make the CL group stages as I think  we have a good enough team to do so.I want to stay in Europe as long as possible to help Croatia rise in the league rankings after falling in the last two seasons.I should get my Continental B license soon which should help increase my reputation but I can see myself here for another couple of seasons unless I get sacked before that,there is Germany,Ukraine and Austria for steps up for my career,if I get sacked then I would look to go to another 3* league.Time to let the European big boys know that I will not go quietly!

Edited by B.W.G

July 2022

Fixtures

PoDPXPO.png?1

League Table

hNkBOcd.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Let's get the annoying thing done first,Arezo has left the club and joined PSG for his minimum fee release of £16 million,I don't feel like he is of PSG calibre so was quite surprised to see them come in for him,we signed Dragan Ivanovic for £475k from Partizan Belgrade and he will replace Arezo.

As for the results themselves,it's been a perfect start as we went through in the CL qualifiers against Aluminij while in the league we won all three league games.However there has been an injury which I am already cursing,new signing Leopoldo Olivera went off injured in the 4-0 win over Hajduk,he suffered a torn hamstring and will be missing for 2-3 months,the player who came on for him was James Lawrence who then got sent off so he will be missing from the next match as well.

For August we have six games,four in the league and two in the Champions League (could end up being more.).In the league we face Sibenik,Lokomtiva,Dinamo and Krk,Sibenik is the game we will be missing Lawrence due to suspension,Krk are the new team to the league while Dinamo have lost two players to bigger teams so I do know how they feel,aim for the league is to pick up nine points.In the Champions League 3rd Qualifier,we face Bulgarian side Levski Sofia,they've made a strong start to their league campaign so it will be a tricky tie as they seem to be of a similar strength to ourselves.The winners of this tie will go on to face Celtic in the playoff,I'd say they were a middle rated team in the playoff and they are certainly beatable but we have to get past Levski first.

August 2022

Fixtures

0tNrYIx.png?1

League Table

WuVX2B8.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

More annoying news with regarding transfers and a certain French club,PSG have signed Bogdan Cigan for £42 million which was his release fee,that was really annoying as I didn't think anyone would pay a Croatian club that!Luckily my scouts had picked out several players for his position over the last season and a half,I went with Christian Arango and he cost me £1.4 million which was his minimum release fee.PSG wanted him but gave me a free run after signing Cigan,I personally think that was poor management from PSG.

As for the results in August,we qualified for the group stage of the Champions League as we bet Levski Sofia 4-0 on aggregate and Celtic 3-1 on aggregate.As for the league,we started off well as we beat Sibenik and Lokomotiva,then came the Dinamo match where we were reduced to ten men after 20 minutes and they took advantage of that.As for the Krk match,our finishing was really poor and it cost us.We're only three points behind and it's still early days so there is plenty of time to overturn that.

September is a bit of a nightmare as we play six games,three in the league and three in the Champions League.In the league we play Slaven Belupo,Varazdin and HNK Gorica,none of these teams are doing well but I can't afford to underestimate them as I don't want to fall too far behind.In the Champions League we will face Red Bull Salzburg,Inter Milan and Lyon,I will be giving it my best but I'm not sure at how well do but we could get something against Red Bull Salzburg,I will be aiming for at least a draw against Inter as we are at home so I will be over the moon with four points.We also have a Croatian Cup game at some point in September as we enter at the first round,I will be putting out a strong team as the board want me to reach the final.

14 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Oof, that Dinamo loss must have hurt.

Typical Andy Harwood special (one of my fullbacks).Start game against rivals,get sent off during match and we lost.Third time it's happened now :lol: 

8 hours ago, deltablue said:

3rd still seems tricky to achieve in that group.

It will be tricky as Red Bull Salzburg have made the knockout stages,my hope was beat them twice and hope they lose every other game!

September 2022

Fixtures

V7t21WO.png?1

League and Champions League Tables

B6Wnmjk.png?1

1IHVXpY.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Let's talk about the Champions League first,we actually won two games and one of those was against Inter Milan!We left it late against Salzburg but we did defend like heroes after taking the lead against Inter,we hung on in the end but it's still a win,we were outclassed against Lyon but it still leaves us top of the group after three games.In the league,there wasn't much change as we won every game but we're still three points behind Dinamo who are proving that they are able to keep going despite having a weaker team,Hajduk have now separated from the rest of them so they could prove to be annoying in the future as they attempt to close the gap.During the month,the training facilities were finished being upgraded and now sit at an excellent level,the stadium expansion was also completed and we can now seat 17,426.

Seven games in October,four of these are in the league,two in the Champions League and one in the Croatian Cup.In the league we will face Osijek,Hajduk,Sibenik and Dinamo,this is a really tough month as any points dropped could be costly as Dinamo could pull away while Hajduk could close the gap,I just need to make sure we play to our best to keep in the challenge for the title.In the Champions League,we have two home ties against Lyon and RB Salzburg,I do believe if we can beat RB Salzburg then we will be playing in Europe after Christmas,not expecting much against Lyon but I do want us to put up a better fight against them.As for the Croatian Cup,we face third tier side NK Medjimurje,I will be putting out a strong side as I want to progress further in the competition.

October 2022

Fixtures

13hGoot.png?1

League and Champions League Table

ysEcP5X.png?1

D0EraaQ.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Amazing news in the Champions League as we beat Lyon and RB Salzburg which means we have qualified for the Knockout stages with a game to spare.As for the league,we dropped five points as we lost to Osijek before drawing 0-0 with Dinamo,both games saw below par finishing for out attackers but they will get better in time as Ivanovic and Arango are still getting used to the way we play as they have been here for a couple of month at most.We easily progressed in the cup as we beat Medjimurge 7-0 with a strong side even though I was missing five players due to international call ups.The only disappointment is being four points behind Dinamo but we do have quite a bit of the season left to go so I am confident we can overturn that.

Just the two games in November as we play our final Champions League group game and we have a tie in the Croatian Cup.For the final Champions League game we are away to Inter Milan,with both teams having qualified,I don't really see this being such a great game.As for the Croatian Cup 2nd round,it's a rematch of last seasons final as we face Hajduk,this for me is more important as we can get bragging rights if we beat them and the board want me to progress further than the 2nd round.After that we will have a massive gap in the schedule due to the World Cup.

November 2022

Fixtures

TITLRda.png?1

League Table and Champions League Table

Tq0GkQs.png?1

luqmZNB.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not a lot to say as we only had two games this month.The 3-0 loss against Inter was extremely cruel,they were the better side but losing by one or two would have been fairer as we did challenge them for a good amount of time,that loss meant Inter topped the group due to head to head.As for the Croatian Cup,I was pleased with the win over Hajduk as it means we move onto the quarter-finals and maintain bragging rights.

December is just a month with friendlies in it for the Winter break,other then that the only thing to note should be the youth intake preview.I'm hoping the intake preview comes after the youth facility upgrade but we're getting closer to maxing the facilities out so it shouldn't be too long before we can match Dinamo with the facilities.No competitive games till January means I should finish December off pretty quick.

Youth Intake Preview

fD3J0J0.png?1

Yikes that doesn't look good.This intake is one which has an excellent rating for academy coaching and youth recruitment.The youth facilities are at great level while training is also at a excellent level so there doesn't seem to be much luck this season!

7 hours ago, Kingofcm03 said:

Nice job! you are doing impressive in Europe. Dragan Ivanovic is doing well at slotting straight in as well, I was just looking at him in my save so its good to see him performing and he was steal at that price.

Thanks!

He's currently on 12 goals in 22 games,it seems like Partizan are good at producing youngsters on my save (one of my full backs is from Partizan as well!) but they tend to buy players instead of using the youngsters so they seem to sell a lot of younger players,seven of their last nine players sold have been under 23.

6 hours ago, abulezz said:

Good work qualifying to the Knockout Rounds of the CL.  That is huge. 

Thanks,our reward (if you can call it that!) is a tie against Manchester United!

YFnsj5b.png?1

This is one of our youngsters who came through the youth system,he's the 6th best MC at the club and is worth £79k,I've only managed to negotiate a £5 million initial fee with Liverpool with the transfer potential rising to £10 million!

Edited by B.W.G

January 2023

Fixtures

wTPWTQ7.png?1

League Table

w5SYI0t.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Turns out football is a funny old game,sold Blecic to Liverpool for up to £10 million including clauses,sign his replacement called Rolf Benz-Urban from HSV for £1.6 million (minimum fee release) who then tears his hamstring the very next day!I now know how Liverpool fans felt last season when chasing the title,we went six games unbeaten and only managed to gain a point on Dinamo which is really annoying.The five year plan is causing me an issue as they are "disappointed" with my performance in the league so I am hoping my performances in the  Champions League and Croatian Cup help balance that out as I'll be damned if I lose my job due to league performance!

Six games in February as we play four in the league,one in the Champions League and one in the Croatian Cup.In the league we face Hajduk,Lokomotiva,Varazdin and Krk,ideally we need to win all four games to keep the pressure up but because of other competitions,injuries and suspensions,I have been forced to rotate quite heavily and that hasn't helped the team.In the Champions League Knockout round first leg,we have a home tie against Man Utd,they're not the best of the English teams but I'm not expecting anything as they should be too strong for us.In the Croatian Cup we face Lokomotiva,I will be putting a fairly strong team out as I'm looking to defend the trophy and hopefully it will be enough to see us through.

95ox9Zo.png?1

Myself and Nenad Bjelica (DInamo Manager) have both been linked to this job while Roberto Mancini is favourite for the job after getting the sack by Italy after the World Cup.Don't see me getting it with both managers having a better reputation than and qualifications than me.

EDIT: Didn't get the job,Viktor Goncharenko (CSKA Moscow manager IRL) got the job.

Edited by B.W.G

Gj1DubB.png?1

Another interview for a German club,the interview let me select when I take over which was end of the season.However,that is a bit risky as they currently sit 16th in the Bundesliga and are in a relegation fight so if I succeed in getting the job then I could be in Bundesliga II but it would be a project to turn them into a force in Germany.

February 2023

Fixtures

2ZGVAcT.png?1

League Table

b1qNyyE.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The big news is that I will be moving to Mainz 05 in June once the season is over.Whether they will still be in the Bundesliga will be entirely on the shoulders of the caretaker manager.

As for the fixtures this month,we won all four games in the league and that actually saw us move to the top of the table as Dinamo drew 1-1 with Hajduk and lost 4-0 to Osijek.I decided to play a bit tighter as due to rotation,we barely managed to put our strongest team out as a lot of niggling injuries have started to occur.The shocking result came in the Champions League as we drew 2-2 with Man Utd,this was a game I was expecting to lose and I was over the moon when Situm scrambled in the equalizer in the 84th minute.We easily dispatched of Lokomotiva in the quarter finals of the Hrvatski Kup,it was that one sided,we should of score a lot more than three.

During March,we will play six games,five of these are in the league and the other match is in the Champions League.In the league we will face HNK Gorica (twice),SlavenBelupo,Dinamo and Hajduk.We have a small two point lead at the top so the Dinamo game is a must win for us as that will give us a boost for the title but we cannot afford to underestimate the others as we have dropped stupid points this season.In the Champions league we face Man Utd at Old Trafford,I'm not expecting anything as they have the advantage due to away goals,they have a better team and they are at home,my only hope is that they underestimate us but somehow I don't see that happening.

Youth Intake 2023

GId3Dtv.png?1

The Best Prospects

B5eajwU.png?1

dGp9CrC.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The preview was right when it said this was going to be a mediocre intake but we did get two gems out of it and I'm pretty sure Bazina and Orbanic will make the first team at some point.Don't be too surprised to see me go in for Bazina at some point when I'm in charge of Mainz as he looks like he could be quality and would easily fall into the buy to sell for a profit category.

The only other thing to note is that despite the upgrades,there doesn't seem to be much difference in quality between now and last season.It does seem to be more realistic then previous versions as not every intake should have a high amount of high PA players at every occurrence.Also with Croatia probably not being that high up in the youth ratings,they won't be producing as many top quality players like a nation such as Germany.

March 2023

Fixtures

KqcSyxq.png?1

League Table

mArm1E1.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We ended up playing one less game in the league as the match against Hajjduk was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch and will now be played in April.As for the rest of the league matches,we won all four league games which has seen us open up at ten point gap at the table.This is amazing for us but I had to take a look at Dinamo as they seemed to have gone into free fall,they've won two of their last eight games which is really surprising and that combined with our form is the reason we have been able to open up a gap that much.As for the Champions League game,it was the most one sided 2-0 victory ever,Man Utd actually managed 30 shots and it took them till the 91st minute to score (the 2nd goal came in the 95th!) so no complaints off me.

Seven games in April as we play six in the league and one in the Croatian Cup.In the league we will face Osijek,Hajduk,Sibenik,Dinamo,Lokomotiva and Krk.That's quite a tough start to the month as we play three of our rivals in the first four games of the month,if we can carry on our form then we should be able to clinch the title this month but it will be tough as rival games are too unpredictable as anything can happen.In the cup we face Krk,they have been struggling in the league but that means nothing in the cup,we should be too much for them but I won't risk putting out a weaker team.The winners will face either Dinamo or HNK Gorica in the final.

Hello, great work you've done so far!
About the ACS Poli Timisoara u mentioned a few days earlier, they are not that Poli who made a great game against Man. City back in 2011, if u'll ever want to revive that team they are called ASU Politehnica Timisoara, they are in Second Division of Romania.
Good luck with your career, I'll be following!

Edited by Vynill

April 2023

Fixtures

3ML6Ost.png?1

League Table

TH1llq9.png?1

Manager's Thoughs

That was a really impressive month in the league as we picked up five wins out of six and clinched the title,the first three games of the month were among the best performances I've seen at the club since I took over.The Dinamo game was just a blip as we lost 1-0 in a fairly even game but as we know,you can't win them all.The only game which I can say isn't fair would be the 7-0 win over Krk,they were harshly reduced to ten men after four minutes and we took advantage after that.As for the Hrvatski Kup,we just about scraped past Krk on penalties as we won 5-4,I can only feel disappointed with that as our finishing let us down during the game.

Three games in May as we play our two final league games and the final in the Hrvatski Kup.In the league we play Varazdin and Slaven Belupo,neither of these games are really that important but I would like to win them both to finish on a high.Our final game comes against HNK Gorica in the Hrvatski Kup final,we can't write them off as they did beat Dinamo in the semi-final to get to this stage so it could be a tough encounter.My aim is to win the cup as there be no better way to leave than with a double.

Edited by B.W.G

May 2023

Fixtures

nKB9Fon.png?1

League Table

jNE0B17.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

What a final month in charge of Rijeka,we won both games as we set new records for points and goals,we then went and won the Hrvatski Kup by beating HNK Gorica in the final to make it a double for the season.To top this brilliant month off,my rival Nenad Bjelica ended up getting sacked by Dinamo :lol: :lol: 

End of season up date to follow before I make my move to Mainz 05 who just survived staying in the Bundesliga on the last day of the season.

hxRD5WX.jpg

HNK Rijeka - Croatian First League - End of Season - 2022/23

Season Review

Transfers - Released

No players were released or retired,fourteen players were loaned out,six joined other clubs on free transfers and we sold five players for a combined fee of £67 millions.Five players came in for a combined fee of £8 million which meant we made a transfer profit of £59 million for the season and the board still were not happy with that!

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Hrvatski Telekom Prva Liga - Winners

9iUeLMT.png?1

For the first half of the season it looked like it was going to be a close run thing as we were trailing Dinamo in the league.Then came the second half of the season and Dinamo fell away quite badly during March and April as we kept on going and never look backed as we clinched the title by sixteen points.We also set new records for points and goals which was well deserved with the way we played.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round

uxhk6al.png?1

We beat Aluminij (5-1 on aggregate),Levski (4-0 on aggregate) and Celtic (3-1 on aggregate) to qualify for the group stage.We then came 2nd in the group which contained Inter Milan,Lyon and Red Bull Salzburg,Inter Milan won the group as we moved onto the first knockout round.In the first Knockout Round we face Man Utd,we gained a brilliant 2-2 draw in the first leg but the second leg was the most one sided 2-0 I've ever seen as we went out 4-2 on aggregate.It was a good effort by the team!

Hrvatski Kup - Winners

5T9jQOg.png?1

We beat Medjimurje,Hajduk,Lokomotiva and Krk on the way to the final.As for the final itself,we beat HNK Gorica 3-0 but it wasn't as one sided as it sounds and the opposition did deserve some credit or even a goal,our attackers being clinical was the reason we won and Gorica failed to get on the score sheet,another day and it could have been the other way round.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Squad

GW8qxs7.png?1

The key Players

Nuno Leao

Marco Achnitz

Christian Arango

Andy Harwood

Dragan Ivanovic

Manager's Thoughts

It was a brilliant season as I finished off my spell with Rijeka by winning a domestic double and I got to see my biggest rival in Croatia get the sack at the end of the season so it will be a new era at Rijeka and Dinamo!We made a massive profit with regards to transfers but the board still gave me a "devastated" with regards to sign players to make a profit and that to me is a complete load of bull.I've enjoyed my time at Rijeka and I've gained a bit of a soft spot for them so don't be surprised to see me back here in the future,I've finished at the club as a favoured personnel which I feel is a bit mean as we had two good runs in Europe as well as the doubles.Finances are brilliant and whoever is the new manager will have a £47 million transfer budget and a £686k p.w wage budget which means Rijeka could dominate for a long time with budgets like them.

As for me,I will be at Mainz 05 next season,it will be a mini project as I want to get them silverware as they haven't won any major silverware,I want to get them in Europe and I want to succeed and try to help make them a force in Germany if I don't get the sack too quick.I did see a few games last season and they do have the players for the formation I play so I may only have to do a strengthening job meet the boards vision for next season.

CRpVaXH.png

zEm1zK2.png

1.FSV Mainz 05 - Bundesliga - Club Takeover - 2022/23

oQMlI4H.png?1

Club Background

veRHyFz.png?1

Club Vision

GEbgYDh.png?1

League Table

txLjDix.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well it will certainly be a challenge as Mainz only just avoided the relegation playoff by two points as they won on the last day of the season.We have a pretty decent team to go with it so it is surprising they finished this low but I will be looking at a new goalkeeper and one or two DM's and I feel that we could challenge for a top half spot instead of fighting relegation.First off I need to build a backroom team as we are lacking a lot in that area,I've made offers for a lot of staff to fill the gaps,the only job roles I'm not looking to fill are loan manager and technical director.I will also be looking at replacing our goalkeeping coach as he is terrible!

Here's to the long pre-season that awaits me!

Edited by B.W.G

Danube League Rep

LYPiuOI.png

As you can see,all Danube nations are in the top 30 which is great to see.Top three is as you were and unless something remarkable happens,I don't really see much movement.Surprisingly Bulgaria have jumped up to 13th which means they are top of the 3* leagues as Austria are bottom of the 3.5* leagues,Bulgaria are also the biggest movers as they have moved up eighteen places since the save started.Romania are the second biggest movers with 17 places since the save started as they broke into the top 20 for the first time.

Looking good so far!

1 minute ago, Kingofcm03 said:

I had a great time as manager of Mainz in FM19, enjoyed winning the Champions League and multuple league titles. They are great little club.

It looks like an interesting project and with Klopp and Tuchel having managed Mainz in the past,I want to see if I can go better than them and win some silverware!

Just now, B.W.G said:

It looks like an interesting project and with Klopp and Tuchel having managed Mainz in the past,I want to see if I can go better than them and win some silverware!

As a Liverpool fan this was my exact reason for being Mainz, I wanted to do what they could not.