Why the transfer-system is still a mess.

This was not the thread I was looking for but it will do! :D

Does the Villa trasfer IRL not show that the transer system in FM is wrong for many players or the world class players that do not play for great teams. IRL Villa goes to Barca for £35m - but in FM that cannot happen - you would be lucky to get him for double that and that would be a good effort.

So do SI give the non elite clubs (non Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc) with world class players such as Villa at Valencia too much power???

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree completely with the O.P, the transfer fees demanded by the computer clubs are way too high imo.

Brilliant example for why a new thread should have been created and why this one should be closed now :)

Brilliant example for why a new thread should have been created and why this one should be closed now :)

Why do a lot of people not like it when people 'bring an old thread from the dead' with a valid post? Am I missing something. Otherwise we would have loads and loads of threads of the same topic - oh yeah we already do! :rolleyes:

Does the Villa trasfer IRL not show that the transer system in FM is wrong for many players or the world class players that do not play for great teams. IRL Villa goes to Barca for £35m - but in FM that cannot happen - you would be lucky to get him for double that and that would be a good effort.

So do SI give the non elite clubs (non Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid etc) with world class players such as Villa at Valencia too much power???

No it isn't.

If you work at the transfer its perfectly possible to get Villa for a similar price.

The problem is too many users expect to sign a player within a couple of days (gametime) when in reality it takes much longer - Barcelona have been after Villa for several seasons in RL and nearly got him last summer.

No it isn't.

If you work at the transfer its perfectly possible to get Villa for a similar price.

The problem is too many users expect to sign a player within a couple of days (gametime) when in reality it takes much longer - Barcelona have been after Villa for several seasons in RL and nearly got him last summer.

Sure I do appreciate that - people talk about praising a player and this does help - but that does not effect the price - getting on good terms with the manager can allow a cheaper price and people dont fully use this aspect I dont think.

Also look at Fabregas - he may not end up going to Barca but the talk has been £3om but now it seems to be around £40m - in FM this could not happen becasue each AI controlled players has a hidden sale value that we cannot see and Fabregas' will be far greater than £40m. So I feel SI over inflate some players values - but I'm not talking about Messi ar Barca or Casillias at real Madrid because that is different.

I don't agree. Last year Villa was on his way but in the end they decided to keep him. In the game I have seen many good players (Lukaku, Dzeko and even C Ronaldo etc etc) go for their listed value when they were unsettled. Both ends of the spectrum definately exists in the game and just because you can't get a specific player at a specific point in time doesn't mean the transfer system is poorly implemented.

I don't agree. Last year Villa was on his way but in the end they decided to keep him. In the game I have seen many good players (Lukaku, Dzeko and even C Ronaldo etc etc) go for their listed value when they were unsettled. Both ends of the spectrum definately exists in the game and just because you can't get a specific player at a specific point in time doesn't mean the transfer system is poorly implemented.

Correct but I'm not saying the transfer system is flawed by any means becasue SI cannot get every sale or sale value of a player correct. But the above examples IMO would be the exception and not the norm. Players in FM have a hidden sale value, I cant remember to do spoilers so I cant reveal their hidden sale value - but when the sale vaue is 100% more than what the prices seem to be this summer then for me this is not realistic enough. e.g. if a player IRL went for £30m and in FM if his hidden sale value was £70m then IMO this is way out - maybe £15m more but not much more - and its not as if Barca are getting Villa or Potentially Fabregas at a cheap price it is the going/market rate.

Correct but I'm not saying the transfer system is flawed by any means becasue SI cannot get every sale or sale value of a player correct. But the above examples IMO would be the exception and not the norm. Players in FM have a hidden sale value, I cant remember to do spoilers so I cant reveal their hidden sale value - but when the sale vaue is 100% more than what the prices seem to be this summer then for me this is not realistic enough. e.g. if a player IRL went for £30m and in FM if his hidden sale value was £70m then IMO this is way out - maybe £15m more but not much more - and its not as if Barca are getting Villa or Potentially Fabregas at a cheap price it is the going/market rate.

I assume that this is some sort of min bid that they will always accept that can be viewed with FMRTE? If so then I find it very reasonable as otherwise you could always force a club to let go of their stars for surmountable (well that can be argued over but still) figures at any given time. Personally I like the current system better then.

I'm in 2019 with every league loaded and there have only been two transfers over £40m during that time with around 10 over £30m.

As I'm in a lower league I haven't been a part of any of them.

In Valencia's case IRL they have serious financial problems and need to sell. Despite these issues its taken Barcelona a few seasons and a large sum of money to get their key player.

Regardless of whether you're bidding on their star players or not, its unrealistic to expect anyone in France to be sold for more than £20-30million, be they Lyon, Marseille, PSG or Auxerre.

I guarentee you if Man Utd bid £30mill for Benzema from Lyon in the January window, it'll be accepted as quick as a flash. FM has always been unrealistic regarding transfer fees as far back as i can remember.

hes not at lyon hes at real madrid

I'm in 2019 with every league loaded and there have only been two transfers over £40m during that time with around 10 over £30m.As I'm in a lower league I haven't been a part of any of them.

In Valencia's case IRL they have serious financial problems and need to sell. Despite these issues its taken Barcelona a few seasons and a large sum of money to get their key player.

Based on the bold - I'm not saying it costs loads to buy players or it cost hardly anything - all I am referring to is that based on FM10 - SI over inflated both Villa's and Fabregas' price tag or better still sale value. And I can see this with quite a few players - really good players that play for good teams but not great teams like Man Utd, Barcelona or Real Madrid because they attract the best players in the world and rarley have to sell a player that they dont want to - so them commanding fees like Villa and Fabregas would be fine or them asking for £200m would be saying he is not for sale which I can understand.

Also you say there has only been x amount of transfer over x amount - thats becasue of the over inflated sales value by SI - so player like Villa and Fabregas and many others do not move because nobody is prepered to pay £80m. Again I'm not talking about Rooney at Man Utd, Messi Barcelona or Casillas at Real Madrid as these player will rarely leave. But world class players at non elite clubs.

And based on that you say Valencia are having financial trouble Cougar - I can't dispute that but why then is this not reflected in Villa sale price in FM from the off or at the end of season 1 becasue I know from playing FM that the transfer activity really happens at the end of the season 1 but then after season 1.

Why would the teams sell their best players for anything less? Ageuro, for example - he's Atletico's main player, their best player - so why would they sell for anything under 30m???

Don't mean to be rude but have you read the recent posts above? The question is not why will they not sell for £30m, its the likes of £80m players for the likes of Villa and Fabregas and recent real life goings on have shown the sale value of these two players (with the potential including one) based on the market/going rate seems to be quite a bit off - thats all.

I think Valencia are in trouble financially, that might have something to do with the Villa pricetag.

Yes, correct then why is Valencia financial state not reflected in the sale value in FM of David Villa - thats just it - it is not.

Does the Ribéry transfer saga IRL not show that the transfer system in FM is wrong for many players or the world class players that play for great teams in non top 3 leagues? IRL Ribéry will stay at Bayern until 2015 after they supposedly rejected €80m from Real last summer - but in FM that can not happen - you would be lucky to get half of that for him and that would be a good effort.

So do SI give the elite clubs (Bayern, Lyon etc) in not quite top leagues (Germany, France etc) with world class players such as Ribéry not enough power?

;)

Yes, correct then why is Valencia financial state not reflected in the sale value in FM of David Villa - thats just it - it is not.

In this specific case I'd guess that since the game was released (even the last patch) quite some time before the RL transfer. At that point I guess there was no reason to assume that Valencia would change their previous stance to keep their main star at all costs. Take it for what it is but I don't think it goes outside the realms of possibility.

Absolute truth. Zapata would be sold for £20m and the owners would give a party to celebrate IRL.

I managed to sign Sergio Agüero for £38m

PSG wants £35m for Mamadou Sakho

Stuttgart wants £34m for Mario Gomez

Lyon wants £60m for Karim Benzema

Udinese rejected £25m offer for Cristian Zapata

Wolfsburg wants £14m for Jan Simunek

Tolouse wants £15m for André-Pierre Gignac

Auxerre wants £17m for Remy Riou

Marseille wants £25m for Steve Mandanda

..and the list goes on.

Their set value is maybe 30-40% of the fee they demand.

For gods sake, fix it somehow.

Other than this, fantastic game.

It doesnt come close to simulating real football transfers so yes its broken (Ive watched WENGER buy people for 50 mil 2nd season, Chelsea buy TONNES of young players for 500k - 2mil and Fulham buy players like Pepe).

Im not sure if its a concerted effort by SI to make people scout/spend time searching for players or just a flawed model.

The transfer system in this game, I believe is spot on. Over inflated prices for key english players at their respective clubs, which is very much true to real life. Big clubs players valued highly if a first teamer but very good value for money if not playing first team. High potential players commanding a huge transfer fee because the club rate him highly. Again true life. I mean look at Kerrison (sp) and his transfer to Barca. £12m I believe for someone with potential.

The system is probably the best ever in FM it has been, and if for example you need a world class gk, go out and splash the budget, if you need more than one player but only have £30m you share it around or make do. You don't get the best managers in the world going "I couldn't get that world class right back for x amount, aswell as that striker for x amount, the transfers are crazy!" It happens, your a football manager, make do.

IRL Valencia are in financial doo doo, and Villa has practically requested a transfer (as has Fabregas). Put these two in an FM situation and you'll get them for 35 million as well.

I think what you should be questioning is the lack of player power in the game.

I personally think that the transfer system is fine in terms of buying. The problem is selling!, the CPU fully expects you to pay 4x the value of their players but often wont match the standard value of one of yours. Even clubs like madrid and man city who throw money about wont splash any big money on a human managers player. I think this needs to be evened up a bit. But i personally introducing agents would help this. Because you'd employ him to get the best price for you.

SPOT ON.

Players should have more of a role

They have a big role now, how often do you interact with them?

You get out of the game what you put into it. Interact with your targets, praise them, encourage them and they'll be more likely to want to sign for you. If their club then doesn't let them move they'll kick up a fuss.

I personally think that the transfer system is fine in terms of buying. The problem is selling!, the CPU fully expects you to pay 4x the value of their players but often wont match the standard value of one of yours. Even clubs like madrid and man city who throw money about wont splash any big money on a human managers player. I think this needs to be evened up a bit. But i personally introducing agents would help this. Because you'd employ him to get the best price for you.

All about negotiating again.

When you buy you negotiate down, when you sell you negotiate up. I'll also say it helps to set an asking price for your player that is closer to what you want rather than the standard value. Once an asking price is set the clubs that make offers will be those that are prepared to pay around the higher price.

They have a big role now, how often do you interact with them?

You get out of the game what you put into it. Interact with your targets, praise them, encourage them and they'll be more likely to want to sign for you. If their club then doesn't let them move they'll kick up a fuss.

I understand your point, but I've never had a player force a move away from my club.

Re: Selling, it's quite easy to sell at good prices

But remember, most people are trying to sell players who will no longer feature in their first team, and the AI knows this, therefore will not pay over the odds for a player warming your bench (and lets be honest, will usually warm their bench too)

I've sold players for stupid prices, but I tend to sell as I'm bringing in the replacement, not after he has been sitting on the bench/reserves for 6/12 months,

I made over £100m in the space of 3 months, selling players who had featured quite often the previous season, but were going to be rarely playing in the upcoming seasons due to purchases or youth players taking shape

As for buying, it's hit or miss tbf

I see no issue in Team X wanting stupid money for a player who is happy and considered a valuable player, I will try and bring the price down, but if I can't get it to a level I'm happy to pay, I just move on, simple

But, sometimes you also get lucky, Barcelona once offered me their 3rd choice CB for free because he had fallen out of favour, 2 seasons later I sold him for £15 million to Inter as one of my youths were coming in to replace him

If I'd waited another year, I'd be surprised if I'd gotten his £4m value he had when I did sell him

It's about timing and luck, personally I don't think it's broken, but I also think it's not perfect

Archived