The Second Annual Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games Awards - Discussion Thread

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mikeytwigge

i know you only want the real regulars around but and idea that wasnt included last time could br most original challenge/sign up

• 4 weeks later...
Guest roberto922

I'm happy to help with any of this, is there any chance of my Euros Signup being up for some kind of newcomer award? :D

Hi everyone,

I'm not going to reveal any specific details, but the nominations panel met last weekend and after 3+ hours of discussions the nominations have been drawn up.

Feel free to mention any awards categories that should be mentioned in here, but please bear in mind (and don't take any offence) that your suggestion may be completely ignored or may already be included (there's certainly enough of them)! :D

We are currently in the finalising stages of the format of the awards, so after birdy is back you might be able to expect something within the next 2 weeks being announced. :thup:

ps: If any newcomer award was to be / has been made, it would be based on the 12 months since the last awards, not just the last month or so. :)

Guest roberto922

Ah right okay, I know I've got no chance of winning but I feel my one and only challenges success could get me a nomination :D I'm not that fussed anyway tbh, I've got a couple of ideas for challenges that I might release over the next few weeks

Hi everyone' date='

I'm not going to reveal any specific details, but the nominations panel met last weekend and after 3+ hours of discussions the nominations have been drawn up.

Feel free to mention any awards categories that should be mentioned in here, but please bear in mind (and don't take any offence) that your suggestion may be completely ignored or may already be included (there's certainly enough of them)! :D

We are currently in the finalising stages of the format of the awards, so after birdy is back you might be able to expect something within the next 2 weeks being announced. :thup:

ps: If any newcomer award was to be / has been made, it would be based on the 12 months since the last awards, not just the last month or so. :)[/quote']

Why was I not on the Nominations panel ? :(

I hope FM08 A New World Sign-up/AI Experiment/Challenge gets nominated for something:D, even though it's more like a sign-up/challenge right now, and I've occasionally neglected it for various reasons (most notably summer school) :o...and if I win any awards, I think Everton_3_0_Liverpool should get some credit too for thinking of the original idea:)

Guest roberto922

You've got quite a reputation eh Frazza ;) I think you should do an award for best teenage male challenge designer from Wrexham award :D

Surely I'll win if its most failed sign ups?

Hang on the ones i've failed at:

Club sign up thingy - gave to super_lampard

My first ever one - database crashed

Unemployed midfielder - quit

The one like birdy's thingy - slowly dying :(

It could you... who's crap - Not enough interest

Total of 5 so far. :D

Guest mikeytwigge

it could be you whos crap only failed do to lack of updates thats why there was limited interest

Hang on the ones i've failed at:

Club sign up thingy - gave to super_lampard

My first ever one - database crashed

Unemployed midfielder - quit

The one like birdy's thingy - slowly dying :(

It could you... who's crap - Not enough interest

Total of 5 so far. :D

You win I suppose.

it could be you whos crap only failed do to lack of updates thats why there was limited interest

Yeah but even after the first update about 10 people posted of the 40 that originally signed up.

I don't see the point of doing updates with the interest so low.

The sign up that me and Robert are now running is going well though as there is good interest and updates are a lot quicker to do.

Well I've literally just got back from Wales now.

I'll start doing things in a couple of days when I'm back at my house (at my dad's now).

Oh, and Nep - dafuge and WW were both around at the time when I was doing this. No other reason. Sorry :(

Archived