The Second Annual Challenges / Sign-Ups / Holiday Games Awards - Discussion Thread

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
do you need any help with counting the votes Birdy?

Not sure yet. I'll let you know when the voting is coming to an end. I probably won't need any help if 5 people vote, but if we get a good amount, then I probably will!

Thanks for the offer :)

Guest roberto922

If the only posts on the other thread will be votes you might want to put it as a sticky, otherwise it'll drop straight down the list.

Slightly surprised at 'Disharmony' finding it's way onto the nominations! Cool though. I'm still toying with the idea of ressurrecting it as a sign up - a fairly light version of one, given that I wouldn't propose overly frequent updates - but a sign up nonetheless. I think that might be the best way to encourage me to get on with it...

:D well dafuge is the 'father figure' and jimbo seemed to go into the off topic thread every now and again, depart some knowledge, say how it wasn't like the old days, moan he couldn't get the hang of online games and then disappear into the night again.

Plus I tried to give some light-hearted responses to my votes :D

Guest roberto922

Don't know what happened there lol, I meant that for Best standard of update or something like that lol.

I am happy to announce that in honor of this vote I have rewritten my summaries in the first posts of Mechanics of Manager Reputation, to make them more complete and easier to read. I have also tidied up the thread a bit.

I will withhold my own votes for a while birdy123.

It was decided that the 'User of the future' nominees would only be people who have emerged quite recently onto the forum. As your AI Experiment was started last November we felt that you were more of a regular / senior member of the board.

:):thup:

Ah, I would of thought eligible users of the future would be the person who became active in this forum since the last awards.

In which case, perhaps there should be a separate award for best new user since last awards :D

Ah, I would of thought eligible users of the future would be the person who became active in this forum since the last awards.

In which case, perhaps there should be a separate award for best new user since last awards :D

Haha :D

The 'user of the future' award was really a last minute add on, that came about as whilst we were going through the nominations, it was noticed that there wasn't really anything for people who have only recently come onto the forum in the last few months, most of you guys who have been around regularly since last year have a nomination in the other categories!

Plus it worked well with the 'most missed user' and the other awards - you know looking back, the present, looking forward and all that guff! ;):D

Should have said before now, thanks for the nominations chaps :thup:

I'm witholding my votes in case tactical voting is required ;). Just kidding - I need to look at some of the sign up threads as never really ventured into them, want to make an educated vote.

Nep, in reply to your question: "Can I be cheeky and ask why MichaelMurrayUK wasn't in this category? I would have voted him." - It's because that category was for a user posting updates in a thread that they started. :)

Cheers bud. :thup:

My votes are in, too :D

Not sure if you can do this birdy, but in the opening post of the other thread, could you add under Dean Evans that he is not retired yet? :D

Might get me a few more votes if people realise he is still playing and scoring goals. :)

Archived