Carl Jung once said "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or RKC.."

Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

Well.. the arse recently dropped out of my laptop, meaning I'd lost all my fraud saves and work. Wanting to get back on the horse as soon as possible, I looked at new teams. New leagues. Same youth only policy. But....the choice for my next career was always there. Nagging at me. Tugging at my brain. Lurking in the depths. Calling me like a siren. And I'm back. I can give this team up any time. Any time I wish....

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 24/12/2018 at 16:04, oriole01 said:

Regrettably, I've never followed one of your RKC saves closely before... it's time to change that. Here's hoping the fourth attempt is the best!

On 24/12/2018 at 17:23, JDeeguain said:

I've always thought Holland would be a good spot for a youth save, best of luck!

On 24/12/2018 at 18:14, john1 said:

Good luck :cool: 

Thanks guys. It's good to be back.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2019 Youth Intake

2019 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

My first intake in charge. I managed to get an upgrade to all the Youth areas (Recruitment and Coaching) to put us at Good Youth Coaching and Established Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Prospects

MC Pelle Latuheru

Pelle is going to fit in very well to our 4-3-3 Narrow formation. Having him tutored by Hans Mulder should give him a boost by the time it comes to sell Mulder and integrate Latuheru. His biggest weakness is a Strength of 1, which is going to need some serious upgrading.

DC Gianni van der Laan

Gianni is also another player who will fit in easily to our current team. His Pace & Acceleration are good for this level and his Mentals are off the charts. Again, Physical stats are an issue however, so I think a Strength coach is sorely needed

MC Markus Jansen

Markus is a little bit of an engima. he has undoubted talents, but none of which fit how we play. So he's gonna have to be trained at a cost. However, I do believe he can be a squad rotation-level player from minute one. He can't defend, but hopefully, we won't put him in that position.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Other 3* Prospects

AMR/ST Screve Kalala

GK Wil van Bokel

ST Coen Kreekels

DC Danny van Agt

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2019?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Good Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

We've not had many from Waalwijk, but we've also only had one player from more than 30km away.

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2019?

2019 yoof match

In the end, it was a dominant win for the Youth Candidates. Three times Screve Kalala was put through on goal and three times he muffed his audition, which lowered his stock in my eyes. 

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Sam van Weert

Sam was a revelation in this match. Both of his goals were excellent finishes into the corner, when my usual strikers put it straight at the keeper. His stats aren't the greatest, but I can certainly use him up front and will keep an eye on his development.

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2018/19 Season Review

Keuken Kampioen Divisie: Finished in 17th place (predicted 19th)

Well, it certainly wasn't the best of seasons for my first season. With only two wins by December, we were staring down the barrell. Luckily, we rallied in March, posting a 6-1-5 record to keep ourselves off the bottom of the league. We'll be aiming for that again next season as we begin to transition to a fully academy-driven side. 

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Second Round place (predicted Second Round)

This was actually more of a distraction than a help. A good First Round 2-1 win saw us beat fellow league strugglers Helmond Sport, but Round 2 saw us face Eredivisie opposition in the shape of Willem II Tilburg and, despite hanging on with two injuries and a red card, we lost 0-1 late in extra time.  Cup Results

Awards

Review

Stats 

You know you've had a bad year when your best player is a full back and your top scorer only has 12. Let's not forget the league leading 7 red cards either...

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2019 Transfer Window

Targets:

2020 demands

A decent enough set of targets. I'm more than happy to spend the season in 18th, if it will lead to more youth coming through and, unless I draw an Eredivisie club straight away, the second round is doable. The transfer money will go into the wage budget as ever. 

Transfers:

2019 august sales

A lot of departures this window. Our top scorer departed for the highest fee, but all the players were first team players last season. All were allowed to go, because of the fees involved and that they could be replaced with academy products (in some cases, eventually)

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

24th September 2019

KNVB Beker First Round

Mandemakers Stadium

RKC Waalwijk 8 - 1 S.V T.E.C

2020 8-1

Despite playing mainly youth and backups, we strolled to this win.

Edited by Deisler26

2020 new contract

I complained and bitched to the press that I wasn't given a new contract. I forgot to read the part of my contract that said I was signed for 3 more years after this season.... FFS.

2020 yoof upgrade

This is great news. But I need to keep my finances up. 

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2020 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2020 jan transfers

Just the two departures this window. Both were important first team players, but we needed the funds to keep our balance up to fund the £2m training upgrade.   

Dylan Says was my first choice left winger, but a few injuries in a row meant that we'd done without him enough this season to come

Gigli Ndefe was my first choice right back, but could play either side. But getting double his value, whilst getting a 50% sell on, was too good to turn down.

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2020 Youth Intake

2020 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #2. No chances to upgrade this year, leaving us at Good Youth Coaching and Established Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

Top 3 Prospects

AMC Hujoybert Schorea

Hujoybert is a mind-blowing prospect for our level and, to be honest, I can't see him staying at the club for more than a season. He'll be the lynchpin of our attacking formation and can also slot in on the left hand side of it to replace the departed Dylan Says

AMRL Virgil Sion

Virgil could be the answer to the left-sided issue. His Crossing and Dribbling needs training to really become the real threat I think he could be. HOYD thinks he's close to his potential ceiling, but I think he could have a little way to go.

ST Wesley van Dongen

Wesley is unusual to be ranked as a top 3 prospect, but he's an academy striker and we really need that, as two out of the three first team-level strikers we have at the club are non-academy players.

Other 3* Prospects

DL Gijs van Duijnhoven

DC Joep van Lieshout

MC Alfredo Frankel

DM Niels Smit

DC William Nsiala

GK Dean van der Sluijs

How far will YOUR youth go: 2020?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Good Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

• YP1 Hujoybert Schorea was born in Noord Zapateer, Curacao, 7,164 km away. A Dutch colony guy, born to Dutch parents, has joined us. I'm going to go out on a limb and say his parents were Waalwijk locals working out there. Yes. That should do it.
  • YP2 Virgil Sion was born in Welgelegen, Netherlands. 93km away. The Hague. The adminstrative capital of the Netherlands and birthplace of our player. Hopefully, he's not the offspring of a war criminal...
  • YP10 Rik van Nieuwstadt was born in Uden, Netherlands, 49km away. Not too far, and just the other side of the nearest city.

We've not had many from Waalwijk, but we're still in the local area for the majority of the intake.

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2020?

2020 u19vsYouth

Another dominant win for the Youth Candidates. No real standouts during the game, only that all three goalscorers were in the watch list above.

Virgil Sion

The winger was an absolute gem in this game. With a bullet header from a cross to put the Youth Candidates 2-0 up and a lovely through ball to set up Schorea for the third goal, he could be an instant force for my side.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

3rd May 2020

Eredivisie Promotion Playoff First Round, Leg 1

Cambuur Stadium

SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden 0 - 1 RKC Waalwijk

2020 playoff 1st

A really enjoyable match, we defended the 18 yard box well, limiting them to long-range efforts. Our goal was a well-worked one and we have an excellent advantage for the second leg

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

8th May 2020

Eredivisie Promotion Playoff First Round, Leg 2

Cambuur Stadium

RKC Waalwijk 1 - 1 SC Cambuur-Leeuwarden (RKC wins 2-1 on aggregate)

2020 playoff 1st leg 2

Another enjoyable game. Less enjoyable was a) Gijs van Veldhoven's delaying of his shot when clean through TWICE, allowing the defender to get back and block the shot and b) Hans Mulder's second yellow on 73 minutes. 

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

11th May 2020

Eredivisie Promotion Playoff Second Round, Leg 1

Mandemakers Stadion

RKC Waawijk 5 - 1 Heracles Almelo

2020 playoff 2nd 1st

Wow. What a monsterous result. We flooded forward, even after Daan Rienstra's red card for a second yellow after 24 mins. Highlight was the absolute thunderbastard goal from Mohammed Haddachi in added time

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

14th May 2020

Eredivisie Promotion Playoff Second Round, Leg 2

Polman Stadion

Heracles Almelo 2 - 1 RKC Waalwijk (RKC win 6-3 on aggregate)

2020 playoff 2nd 2nd

An easy stroll into the final. I never pushed the team, put in a defensive formation and just strolled to a defeat, but a win on aggregate.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

21st May 2020

Eredivisie Promotion Playoff Third Round, Leg 1

SportPark de Toekomst

Jong Ajax Amsterdam 1 - 2 RKC Waalwijk

2020 playoff 3rd 1st

A great goal settled this tie, but we have to keep it tight against one of the better Keuken Kampoen Divisie sides

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

24th May 2020

Eredivisie Promotion Playoff Third Round, Leg 2

Mandemakers Stadion

RKC Waalwijk 3 - 1 Jong Ajax Amsterdam (RKC win 5-2 on aggregate)

2020 playoff 3rd 2nd

Another excellent performance saw us comfortably win the tie. Gijs van Veldhoven hit a great hat-trick, steadying the nerves when Jong Ajax pulled a goal back with 20 mins left.

Edited by Deisler26

2020 promotion

Oooooh yyyyyeaaahhhhh!!! [/Macho Man Randy Savage]

This also opened a lot of gateways, two days after the playoff win...

2020 training upgrade

The money for winning, tipped us over the edge to be able to afford this

2020 yoof coaching2020 yoof recruitment

Amazing what the Eredivisie will do for you, eh?

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2019/20 Season Review

Keuken Kampioen Divisie: Finished in 6th place (predicted 18th) - PROMOTED VIA PLAYOFFS!

It was a very enjoyable and excellent season for us. We started to jell better, with the more defensive formation tending to be the one failing me most, but not massively. We even got to the point where we were contesting the automatic promotion spot (4th vs 6th!) but an awful last day result saw us finish 3 points behind Willem II Tilburg. We started to transition to a more academy driven side as our attacking formation had 4 academy players in it and could conceivably have another 3 in it. We're suffering at right midfield and the full-back positions right now. Hopefully, the new upgrades will address those positions when the new intake comes in

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Third Round place (predicted Second Round)

This was actually more of a distraction than a help again. A fantastic First Round 8-1 win saw us beat amateurs S.V T.E.C , and Round 2 saw us face Eredivisie opposition again in the shape of S.B.V Excelsior and we took them behind the woodshed for a 4 -0 win. The Third Round saw us come up against Eredivisie opponents again in FC Twente Enschende and this time, there was no fairytale as we lost 0-3.  Cup Results

Awards

Review

Stats

23 goals for our main striker this season points to a good feeling about promotion as we need to put the ball away to have a chance at staying up

1 hour ago, Mandy42 said:

1st time visitor to this forum but I like the look of your journey (mine is ridiculously boring by comparison) inspiring stuff I look forward to reading more of it.

Much appreciated! I hope you continue to follow!

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

27th January 2021

KNVB Beker, Quarter Final

Mandemakers Stadion

RKC Waalwijk 4 - 0 Sparta Rotterdam

2021 knvb quarter

Even without our recently-departed main striker, we still managed to dispatch our opponents and sail into the Semi Finals with ease.

On 15/01/2019 at 06:25, andychar said:

Great progress!

Got out of that 2nd tier pretty quickly! It can be a death trap sometimes. 

I was very surprised to have gone up that early tbh. It helped having a easier draw in the playoffs

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2021 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2021 transfer wind

Just the two departures this window. One was a important first team player, the other a talented youth   

Gijs van Veldhoven was my number one striker. He fired us to promotion, hitting back-to-back hat-tricks in his last game of 19/20 and his first game of 20/21. Sadly, Ajax came in with a deal that I needed to fund upgrades, a £1m + 50% sell on.

Ian Lamberink is a good, young midfielder, but he wasn't getting the game he wanted and, to head off a mutiny, I sent him out on loan.

Other news:

2021 buy stadium

I hope this will lead us to getting a bit more money into the coffers.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

3rd March 2021

KNVB Beker, Quarter Final

De Oulde Meerdijk, Emmen

FC Emmen 2 - 1 RKC Waalwijk

2021 cup exit

What they didn't say in the report was that we had a goal ruled out by VAR on 88 minutes. A header into the net by Ingo van Weert was ruled out for 'pushing'. SHENANIGANS!

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2021 Youth Intake

2021 yoof

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #3. We'd hit the jackpot this year! We'd got a pair of upgrades which put us at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

Top 3 Prospects

ST Marcel Ouwerkerk

Marcel is a straight replacement for the departed Gijs van Veldhoven. A quick academy striker who should be able to score at a decent clip? Marvellous

AMR Arno Hulschoff

Arno is what I have been waiting for! A player to replace Daan Rienstra on the right, allowing me to sell him. His Positioning and Tackling needs working on to really fit into the Defensive Winger mould however.

DL Sven Bartels

Sven is a gift from heaven. I was in dire need of a decent academy left back and, lo and behold, my prayers were answered

Other 3*+ Prospects

ML Bjorn Wolf

ST Ad Viejou

DM/MC Mart Ramos

How far will YOUR youth go: 2021?

• YP3 Sven Bartels was born in Zevenaar, Netherlands, 104 km away. This guy must have passed through the Vitesse and N.E.C academies to make it to us. Hopefully, that's our gain and their loss.
  • YP7 Sagi Hayun was born in Hadera, Israel. 4,449km awayOur first player from the motherland. Not the best, however more could follow.
  • YP8 Maikel Daniels was born in Maastrict, Netherlands, 139km away. Born in the home of treaties and, quite frankly, we must have been subject to one to take him

Starting to go further afield now with the majority coming from 50km> away

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2021?

2021 yoof result

A very back and forth game. The early penalty shook the Youth candidates, only for they, themselves, to get one awarded. The second RYC goal was a beautiful breakaway and finish, but sadly the defensive side was lacking, allowing the U-19's to get the win.

Marcel Ouwerkerk

A good show from the striker. A decent penalty and a wonderful finish on the breakaway meant that he did very well in this match.