Carl Jung once said "Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether the narcotic be alcohol or morphine or RKC.."

Deisler26

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2020/21 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 9th place (predicted 18th)

A first season back in the Eredivisie and we confounded everyone (including me!) with an excellent 9th placed finish, beating FC Twente Enschende to the spot by a single goal.. If we can keep to this level of performance, we should be able to establish ourselves in the division once again. We had a lot of upgrades throughout the season, bought our stadium and decided to extend it. However, that came at a cost. Hopefully, we should feel the benefit next season, along with an odd choice of senior affiliate, as the board decided to pursue a partnership with Nimes Olympique of Ligue 1 Conforama

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Semi Final (predicted Second Round)

A great cup run this season was helped by some less-than-stellar ties. A good 3-0 win away to Keuken Kampoen Divisie team Rijnsburgse Boys set the tempo in Round 1. Round 2 saw the same scoreline against Tweede Divisie opposition, AFC Amsterdam. Eredivisie high-flyers sc Heerenveen were brought down to Earth with a great 2-1 win away. This put us in the Quarter Finals and, against fellow mid-table side Sparta Rotterdam, we flourished, sending them home packing 4-0. Sadly, our run came to an end against relegated FC Emmen, by dint of a VERY controversial decision.  Cup Results

Awards

Review

Stats

9 goals for our top scorer is not going to cut it next season sadly. I hope that we can start graduating some of our academy players to the first team this season without a struggle

9 hours ago, B.W.G said:

Impressive season :thup:

I do like the youth players you have coming through your youth system.I hope you can keep hold of Ouwerkerk,he looks like he could be a star in the future.

We're building something here. I desperately need centre backs and full backs through soon though

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2021 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2021 august transfers

One huge loss, two disposals of non-academy types and some loans out to my feeder club of players that won't ordinarily make it.

DC Gianni van der Laan (£5m + 50% sell on clause to Paris Saint-Germain)

Well, this one was a huge kick in the teeth. He was the mainstay of our defence last season, but his contract ran out at the end of the season and he wouldn't sign a new one with us at all. So, it was left to me to get the best deal possible and PSG trumped Sevilla in the money stakes. We don't have an adequate replacement for him and it'll be interesting to see if we can even survive without him. (To rub salt into the wounds, Feyenoord Rotterdam got him back on loan so now I have to face him..)

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2022 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2022 jan transfers

Another farce of a transfer window. Haddachi was going to be released at the end of the season, but would have given cover to that point. Now, I'm starting a 17 year old at left back. Meulensteen was always complaining about a lack of game time, so he was no loss. Lieder's contract was ending so he was also happily offloaded.. But

MC Pelle Latuheru (sold for £4.2m + 50% sell on clause to Paris Saint-Germain)

Bloody PSG again! After I had got Latuheru to sign a new 3 year contract at the beginning of the season with a £4.2m release clause for foreign clubs, I was feeling pretty good... Until PSG swooped in to snatch my best player from the team. We were already reeling from their last raid. I hope this wont destabilise us more.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2022 Youth Intake

2022 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #4. Our second intake with Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

--------------------------------------------------

Top 3 Prospects

AML Rick Visser

Rick is another quick winger, which means he'll be spending it on a time-share with last year's graduate Bjorn Wolf

AMC Lucas Vente

Lucas will backup the AMC role and, hopefully, when Hujoybert decides he's too big for the club, he'll transition into the main AMC

ST Tommie Hereijgers

Tommie completes the triumvate of academy strikers. Hopefully, going forward, we can settle this team's strikeforce going forward.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Other 3*+ Prospects

DM Mitchell Bosma

MC Ruud van Dijk

AML Ari van der Plas

-----------------------------------------------------

How far will YOUR youth go: 2022?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Good Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

Staying further afield now with the majority coming from 50km> away

---------------------------------------------------------------

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2022?

2022 yoof match

This was a whitewash from the moment Twan Mulder got himself sent off. The Youth Candidates side were also without our top 3 candidates, as they had signed a decent contract early, in order to facilitate their way into the first team. An interesting anomaly was that two players had already signed their youth contracts and were playing for the U-19's side (and getting themselves sent off in the case of Ruud van Dijk)

RKC Youth Candidates Player of the Game

Sam Langerak

He was the highest rated player on the pitch for the Youth Candidates, but that doesn't say much for his actual play

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

Image result for eredivisieImage result for super sundayimage.jpeg.dacded31f73cfb6979df69f3dd5f8dc2.jpeg

"And you join us here on FOX Sports Eredivisie for the final day of the Eredivisie season. The battle to not drop into the Relegation Playout starts here. Both RKC Waalwijk and Heracles Almelo are fighting for their lives.. Two points separate the two sides and it's win-or-bust for Heracles...Let's go live to kickoff of the RKC vs sc Heerenveen matchup.."

2022 last day tavble

*PEEP* Kick-0ff!

2 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-0 sc Heerenveen: "..Netteb cuts in from the right... he sets Visser free, what a ball, he fires across the keeper.. GOOOOAALLL!! WAIT! The referee is going to VAR.... Was he offside?

2022 offside

"..OFFSIDE! NO GOAL!"

11 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-0 sc Heerenveen:  "... Visser. On the left-hand edge of the box. He looks up, chips a ball across the box.. Netteb brings it down, turns the defender..GREAT SAVE! Hahn got down well to push that shot on the turn!"

18 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-0 sc Heerenveen: "...that's a good ball down the channels. The Heerenveen striker is onto it like a flash.. He's beating the defenders in a foot-race.. he's one-on-one......keeper stood up well. Corner to Heerenveen"

------------------------------------------------------

"And let's cut to Breda. Marc?"

"And it's NAC Breda 0, Heracles Almelo 1! A header from a corner has put Heracles in the lead, but it's still not good enough to pull Heracles out of the mire. They're relying on Heerenveen here. Back to you, Tim"

-------------------------------------------------------

30 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-0 sc Heerenveen: "Visser, cutting in and driving from the left.. slips in Katala, he's outpacing the defence...OOOOH.. He rattled the crossbar from 20 yards out. Keeper was beaten all ends up. So unlucky!"

30 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-0 sc Heerenveen: "Heerenveen playing patiently around the box. Good ball out to the right wing, he gets to the byline, cuts it back....Corner ball. Van der Sar just threw out a leg to deflect the shot wide."

"And let's cut back to Breda. Marc?"

"And it's NAC Breda 1, Heracles Almelo 1! Breda sprung a disordered Heracles offside trap and it was a very cool finish to bring them level.. If you burn your hole, you must sit on the blisters. Back to you, Tim"

"And it's half time... Both games are dead-locked, leaving Heracles in the playout and RKC safe.. We'll be back with the second half after these messages"

-----------------------------------------------------------

50 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-0 sc Heerenveen: "Molhoek, the full back, comes forward with the ball... whips a ball in from the right... it's found KalALAAAAA... that was a weak effort, straight into the keeper's arms. Very poor from Kalala."

"Back to Breda. Marc?"

"And it's NAC Breda 1, Heracles Almelo 2! A great finish at the back post puts Heracles back on top! The Breda players are getting the wind from the front from their manager. Back to you, Tim"

59 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-0 sc Heerenveen: "A free kick on the right for Heerenveen. About 30 yards out. It's whipped in. Good save! DuLTTT... BRILLIANT! WONDERFUL DOUBLE SAVE! Van der Sar has saved his side there!"

"Huge news in Breda. Marc?" 

"It's a red card! A straight red for the Heracles attacking midfielder! It's walking out of the hand here in in Breda. It's still NAC Breda 1, Heracles Almelo 2! . Back to you, Tim"

"75th minute drama in Breda! Marc?" 

"It's a penalty! The NAC striker was sent tumbling in the box, a controversial decsision that had to go to VAR. The ref has consulted and given a penalty... The atmosphere is electric here... Heracles' survival hopes rest on this... GOAL! He sent the keeper the wrong way, it's NAC Breda 2, Heracles Almelo 2! . Back to you, Tim"

82 mins: RKC Waalwijk 0-1 sc Heerenveen: "It's a corner to Heerenveen. It's a long one, slung high towards the far post. de Bruijn rises up.. GOAL! GOAL! GOAL FOR SC HEERENVEEN! What a time to score your first ever goal for the club! He might never have to buy a drink in Almelo again!"

"Back to Breda! Marc?" 

"It's a penalty again! This time, there is no argument with the foul. The NAC striker was again sent tumbling in the box. Just when there was a glimmer of hope for Heracles, it could be all snatched away...The clock ticks into the 95th minute... Braga steps up... GOAL! He put that beyond the despairing dive of the goalkeeper. It's NAC Breda 3, Heracles Almelo 2! . Back to you, Tim"

"That late penalty confirmed it. Heracles are in the playout and RKC Waalwijk live to fight another day!"

Edited by Deisler26

13 hours ago, andychar said:

Great effort staying up. Cant imagine anything worse than you dropping back to the hell hole that is the Dutch 2nd tier.

I think we'd come straight back up if we did.

1 hour ago, Mandy42 said:

have to galvanise that feeling of having someone else "save" you on the last day of the season, never want that feeling again 

No, I don't want it!

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2021/22 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 15th place (predicted 18th)

Second Season Syndrome kicked in this Eredivisie season and we only survived on the last day. Despite getting 14 goals from a forward, we struggled with goals, mainly down to the inexperience of the forward line. I need a step up from the young players next season 

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec | Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in First Round (predicted Second Round)

Not only did FC Emmen dump us out of the Cup last season at the Semi-Final stage, but they also smashed us in the First Round here, 1-4.  Cup Results

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Summary

An awful season, but the only way is up.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2022 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2023 august transfers

Two huge losses, a non-academy player dump and a number of loans

MC Markus Jansen (£7.5m + 50% sell on clause to Juventus)

His contract ran out at the end of next season and he had no desire to stay at the club. forcing me to sell early in order to not lose out on a payday. Juventus were the winners.

AMC Hujoybert Schorea (£10m + 50% sell on clause to Tottenham Hotspur)

The same issue as Jansen. Only I was keeping him as he had an club extension. Sadly, Sp*rs came in with his minimum release clause and I was lucky to be able to negotiate a 50% sell on too.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2023 Youth Intake

2023 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #5. Still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match. I'm getting far too many attacking players and not enough centre backs. We currently have one that is Eredivisie-standard and two that aren't even Keuken Kampoen Divisie level...

Top 3 Prospects

DR Leo Munsters

Leo looks to be an excellent prospect at right back. We needed one as the backup RB was more of a third-choice RB.

ST Andre de Wit

Andre is going to be an absolute star. He's already first-team ready, but I'm going to keep him in the U-18's until he is 18, so that I can work my way through the current batch of forwards.

DM Tim Pattiama

Tim is a good DM, but I *REALLY* need a new centre-back, so he'll be retrained ASAP.

Other 3*+ Prospects

MRC Driss Taarabt

MC Frans Smit

AML Maurice van Duren

GK Adnan Mulic

How far will YOUR youth go: 2023?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Superb Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

• YP3 Driss Taarabt was born in Fes, Morocco, 2,792 km away. A secondary Moroccan nationality means that he was born to Dutch parents, but with a Moroccan name? I have no idea about him. 
  • YP8 Max Brandsma was born in Smallingerland, Netherlands. 217km awayRight up on the hook, near Groningen. He would have had to travel past most of the Eredivisie club to get to us. 
  • YP9 Sam Mensah was born in Heerlen, Netherlands, 140km away. Spitting distance away from Germany, I wonder if he could have been a German superstar?

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2023?

2023 yoof result

It was an easy win for the Youth Candidates, especially after 10 minutes, when the U-19 defender decided to blast the ball into the roof of his own net from literally on the line. Complete domination.

Andre de Wit

His hat-trick was high quality, especially the penalty finish late on.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2022/23 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 9th place (predicted 18th)

We did an Everton this season, as we finished 9th after barely escaping relegation the season before. We're not quite there with regards to a settled team, thanks to players leaving, but hopefully this coming season, we wont have the same issues. 

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Oct | Dec - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Third Round (predicted Second Round)

An easy 5-0 walkover of non-league side Oss '20 saw us easily though into the Second Round, where we faced Keuken Kampoen Divisie side Roda JC Kerkrade. A 95th minute winner put them out 3-2 and put us into the Third Round, where we faced fellow Eredivisie side Sparta Rotterdam. We matched them to 90 mins at 2-2, but we fell apart in extra time, losing 2-5e  Cup Results

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Sales

A better season, but we're suffering an overload of strikers and we need to start thinning the herd.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2023 Transfer Window

Targets:

2024 targets

Should be doable. I mean, it's the first time we're expect to do anything other than survive relegation, but I think we can keep our heads above water

Transfers:

2024 august transfer

All it was, this transfer window, was just allowing the youth players to age out and sending out the reserves. We were lucky that no-one came in for our players this window. 

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2024 Youth Intake

2024 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #6. Still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match. This would be considered a down year most of the time, only that we got the two best players in the positions we needed. We were crying out for a goalie and a centre-back and we got them.

Top 3 Prospects

DC Jesse Stenzler

Jessie is what I sorely needed, a centre-back that can be ready to come into the first team picture next season. Hopefully, he'll be able to run with the load of being part of the main centre-back pairing.

GK Peter Goedegeburre

Peter will hopefully become our #1 keeper in time. He needs time to develop and luckily, we have an academy keeper in place to hold the fort

DR Jordy Mulder

Jordy isn't the greatest DR, but he's built for the here and now, which helps.

Other 3*+ Prospects

-- NONE --

How far will YOUR youth go: 2024?

Just how local are my intakes? We have Superb Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

• YP2 Peter Goedegeburre was born in Stichtse Vecht, Netherlands, 72 km away. Our goalie of the future slipped through Utrecht's academy. Let's make them regret it. 
  • YP4 Tim Wijnsma was born in Stadskanaal, Netherlands. 251km awayAnother player from the northern part of the Netherlands. Close to the German border and with most of the major cities to go past to get to us?? We must have made a good impression
  • YP5 Kevin Koster was born in Vlaardingen, Netherlands, 80km away. Hailing just outside the port city of Rotterdam, he bypassed Feyenoord and Sparta Rotterdam in order to come to us.

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2024?

2024 yoof game

This was an awful game. Recent academy signing Jesse Stenzler gave away the penalty for the Youth Candidates to score, but other than that, there were very few standouts

Jordy Mulder (6.9)

His penalty was the reason he got the award, as everyone was extremely mediocre.

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2023/24 Season Review

Eredivisie: Finished in 14th place (predicted 10th)

Another poor season on the back of a good one. The board started showing signs of being disappointed in the performance, despite actually avoiding relegation by more than 10 points. Still, they have a point, we've been wildly inconsistent in the 4 years we've been up in the Eredivisie

Final Table  -  Season Results Aug - Dec |Jan - May

KNVB Beker: Lost in Second Round (predicted Third Round)

A poor season in the league was compounded by an earlier exit than desired in the Cup. An struggling 1-0 (AET) extra-time win over a Keuken Kampoen Divisie FC Volendam, who were down to 10 men as early as the second minute did nothing for the confidence and it showed when another KKD side in Heracles Almelo came to Mandemakers Stadium and scored a 90th minute equaliser, via own goal, then proceded to knock us out 2-3 (AET)    Cup Results

Awards

Review

Stats

Commercial Sales

A really sub-par season. I'm really hoping that we can try to move on next season, maybe target the KNVB Beker as a priority

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2024/25 Pre-Season Depth Chart

So, each season, I will post up a depth chart of the players in my main formation. It will consist of First Team, Backup & Youth... if I have them. We're just a main centre back away from having a full academy-trained squad, so I decided to post this to give people an idea of how we are going so far in our Youth Only setup.

Goalkeeper

Etienne Vaessen

Wil van Boekel

Dean van der Slujis

Right Back                                                                                                   Centre Back                                                                                                       Centre Back                                                                                       Left Back

Melvin Molhoek                                                                 Danny van Agt                                                                      Ingo van Weert                                                        Sven Bartels

Leo Munsters                                                                    William Nsala                                                                         Jesse Stenzler                                                    Gijs van Duijnhoven

Sagi Hayun                                                                              Sagi Hayun                                                           

Centre Midfield                                                                                                 Centre Midfield                                                                           

Mark Wijks                                                                            Ruud van Dijk                                                           

Ian Lamberink                                                                      Alfredo Frankel                                                               

Right Wing                                                                                                                                                               Attacking Midfield                                                                                                                                        Left Wing

Carlos Netteb                                                                                                                        Lucas Vente                                                                                                         Rick Visser

Arno Hulshoff                                                                                                                       Sam Langerak                                                                                                      Bjorn Wolf

Screve Kalala                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Virgil Sion                                                                                                      

Striker

Sam van Weert

Marcel Ouwerkerk

Tommie Hereijgers

I know the strikers look a bit wrong in the depth chart, but it seems that only van Weert can score with any regularity. FFS. We need some youth cover for the flanks, but other than that, we're in good shape as a side for cover

Edited by Deisler26

200px-RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk 

Academy Watch: Class of 2019

In this section, we'll look at my historical youth intakes. At the end of every season, I'll go back and look at an intake from my time here at RKC and see if the key prospects worked out? Or if they flamed out, never to be seen again.

Our first intake. It's the Class of 2019.

2019 yoof 2

Well. This one was a doozy, eh? We'll concentrate on the 3* prospects and up, unless there are any significant deviations. We had Pelle Latuheru, Gianni van der Laan, Screve Kalala, Markus Jansen, Wil van Boekel, Coen Kreekels and Danny van Agt as our 3* and up.

Pelle Latuheru

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Paris Saint-Germain

Pelle was our academy's first real success story. He made his senior debut for RKC in the 2018/19 season and went on to make 46 appearances overall for the club over 3.5 seasons, scoring 5 goals and assisting once for a 6.74 average rating. In the January of 2022, he then moved to Paris Saint-Germain for a £4.2m + 50% fee. In his two and a half seasons in France, he has appeared twice for the main club, getting a 6.50 average rating. He has also spent time on loan at OGC Nice, where he appeared 38 times, with 12 substitute appearances, scoring two goals and assisting 8 times for an average rating of 6.91. He has also made 29 appearances for the Paris Saint-Germain Reserves side over 2.5 years, scoring 4 goals and assisting 23 times as he picked up a Championnat Nationale 2- C winners medal 

Pelle has also made six appearances for the Netherlands U-21 squad to date

Gianni van der Laan

Then: 16 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, Paris Saint-Germain

Gianni was a player who was eased into the side quite quickly. He made his senior debut for RKC in the 2018/19 season and went on to make 68 appearances for the club over 3 seasons, scoring one goal for the club for an average rating of 6.34. In the summer of 2021 however, he moved to Paris Saint-Germain for £5m + 50% sell on clause. He has yet to make an appearance for PSG, but spent the 2021/22 season on loan to Feyenoord Rotterdam, where he made 26 appearances, scoring one goal, for a 6.90 average rating. He then spent the 2022/23 season on loan to AFC Ajax Amsterdam, where he played 46 games in all competitions, scoring one goal and assisting three times, for an average rating of 6.90. Finally, he spent last season on loan to FC Internazionale, where he made 38 appearances in all competitions, scoring once and assisting once for a 7.02 average rating. Gianni also has a Serie A TIM winners medal from his time at Inter

Gianni has made 27 appearances for the Netherlands U-21 side, scoring one goal.

Screve Kalala

Then: 15 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 years old, RKC Waalwijk

Screve has been a solid squad player in his time at RKC. He has made 97 appearances for the club over the 6 seasons he has been here, scoring 19 goals and assisting 11 times for an average rating of 6.74

Screve has also made 2 appearances for the Netherlands U-21 side.

Markus Jansen

Now: 21 years old, Juventus

Markus was an early graduate to the first team. In four seasons with the club, he made 65 appearances for the club, scoring 4 goals and assisting 9 times for ,an average rating of 6.90. In the summer of 2022, he was sold to Juventus for £7.5m with 50% sell on clause. Since then, he has made two substitute appearances for the Juventus first team, for an average rating of 6.40. He also spent the 2022/23 season on loan at PSV Eindhoven, where he made 24 appearances in all competitions, mostly off the bench. He scored twice and assisted once for a 6.95 average rating. He also gained a KNVB Beker winners medal in this time. He then spent last season on loan at Real Betis Balompie, making 26 appearances, scoring 3 goals and assisting 5 times for an overall rating of 6.92.

Markus has also been capped 19 times by the Netherlands U-21 side, scoring 7 goals

Wil van Boekel

Then: 16 year old, RKC Waalwijk

Now: 21 year old, RKC Waalwijk

Wil has made just the four appearances in the six seasons he has been at RKC. In that time, he conceded 10 goals for an average rating of 6.67. Wil also spent three seasons on loan at Tweede Divisie SV Kozakken Boys, making 21 appearances in that time and conceding 23 goals for a 6.67 average rating

Coen Kreekels

Coen was rated by my staff, but not so much by me and in the six seasons he has been at the club, he has done little to prove me wrong, only making two substitute appearances since his debut for the first team in the 2019/20 season, for an average rating of 6.70. He spent the 2022/23 season on loan to SV Kozakken Boys, making 43 appearances and scoring 20 goals, with one assist for an average rating of 6.92. He then spent last season on loan at Rijinsburgse Boys, making 11 appearances, scoring twice and assisting once for a 7.51 rating

Danny van Agt

Danny came into the team fairly recently, making his debut in the 2021/22 season. Since then, he's made 100 appearances for the club in all competitions, scoring 5 goals and 5 assists for an average rating of 6.95.

Danny also has a sole Netherlands U-21 cap to his credit as well.

And we have two diamonds in the rough who, whilst getting game-time as a backup RB and ST, turned into something more than their alleged ratings would have shown. They are Sam van Weert and Melvin Molhoek

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

August 2024 Transfer Window

Targets:

2025 targets

Judging by the start to our season, this should be easily doable. But I have been fooled before....

Transfers:

2025 august transfers

One devastating loss, two contributers who couldn't handle not being in the team and a number of loans out characterised this window.

AML Rick Visser (£12.5m + 50% sell on to Rassenballsport Leipzig)

This was evil. I'd tried so hard to keep VIsser. I'd signed him to a good contract the season previous, giving him a £12.5m release clause. I'd also made sure that the contract stretched far enough that, although he wasn't going to sign a new contract at this point, we had the time to get better to the point where he would. He repaid with 5 goals in the first two games of the season. However. RB Leipzig came in with a stunning deal and one I couldn't refuse. All I could do was tack on a 50% sell on and get it all paid up front.. 

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

January 2025 Transfer Window

Transfers:

2025 jan transfers

We paid the price for our success this season, as we had a load of players leaving, due to teams activating their release clauses. The only saving grace is that all of them were with clauses so that I could negotiate.

ST Marcel Ouwerkerk (sold for £3.5m + 50% sell on clause to FC Porto)

This one looks a bit odd, as his stats say he's amazing. But with only 13 goals in 56 appearances, he never sparked for us and, when dropped for a striker with a higher-scoring rate, decided to moan about his game time. It was time to cut my losses.

AMC Lucas Vente (sold for £7.5m + 50% sell on clause to S.S Lazio)

Didn't want to let him go, but he wanted out and Lazio wanted to pay his release clause (eventually). Case closed

DL Sven Bartels (sold for £8m + 50% sell on clause to AFC Ajax Amsterdam)

Didn't want to let him go (again), but he wanted out (again) and Ajax wanted to pay his release clause (eventually). Case closed (again)

AMR Arno Hulshoff (sold for £4.2m + 50% sell on clause to Sporting Clube de Portugal)

See above.

MC Ian Lamberink (sold for £1m + 50% sell on clause to FC Twente Enschende)

This sale was different. He was a first team player, but we can replace him and give a young player a start

5 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

do you put the release clauses in their contracts when they come out of the academy to the 1st team? and how do you decide on the value to put? 

I do. They generally demand one in the contract, so I try to make it as realistic as possible (so far, £10m has been the highest one) 

I’m a bit of a hard taskmaster when it comes to wages (spending £22k out of our £300k budget) so the release clause can’t be £50m or so.

Once we start finishing top 6 regularly, I’ll be looking at £40m+ release clauses and in a lot of cases, no release clauses at all

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

2025 Youth Intake

2025 yoof 1

FULL INTAKE OVERVIEW

Intake #7. We're still at Exceptional Youth Coaching and Extensive Youth Recruitment. As usual, I'll be concentrating on the 3* and above prospects, however I'll highlight the top three prospects in my eyes of each intake and also concentrate on the U-19's vs Youth Candidates match.

Top 3 Prospects

AMC Siem Vergouwen

Siem is an excellent prospect, who should grow into the void left by the departure of Lucas Vente.

DR Rob Eind

Rob becomes our third choice RB already, but he'll soon move up to backup. 

GK Bjorn van Veen

Bjorn will complete the triumvate of home-grown keepers and allow us to move on from Etienne Vaessen

Other 3*+ Prospects

DM Rogier de Jager

ST Rene van Dongen

AML Martin Hoek

How far will YOUR youth go: 2025?

Just how local are my intakes? We have State of the Art Youth facilities, but are we getting the cream of local youth?

We seem to be shrinking now in that only two players came from more than 100km away

RKC U-19's vs RKC Youth Candidates: 2025

2025 yoof result

Good thing I have no pressing need for any fullbacks... Both RYC fullbacks ended up substituted on a 6.0. To make things worse, the U-19's had two men sent off and STILL won. Jeez.

Rogier de Jager (6.6)

He was the highest rated player on the pitch for the Youth Candidates after coming on as a sub. A sub.

Edited by Deisler26

RKC_Waalwijk_logo.jpg

RKC Waalwijk

4th May 2025

KNVB Beker Final

De Kuip, Rotterdam

Feyenoord Rotterdam 3 - 2 RKC Waalwijk

2025 cup final loss

Four first-team players suspended for this match. Fought back from 0-2 down, proceeded to have two men sent off. Gravy...