FM 19 Sign-up "Baker's Dozen - Brave New World"

After a 3-year hiatus, The return of "Baker's Dozen", with a Fantasy Twist: First 13 sign-up get input into the game, using my "Brave New World" database (all real-life players wiped from existence, the game generates a new world with your players in it) All players will start at the same team in a to-be-determined country in a third-tier league,  managed by renowned manager Scott Baker, and we see where the world takes you.  Updates will be posted as long as people remain engaged in the project. Once we get the 13 and a nation to start in, I'll build the database and get us moving. 

For reference from 3 years ago:

Baker's Dozen" Sign-up thread (in development)

FM-16 Sign-up "Return of Baker's Dozen"

Former Scottish footballer Scott Baker has fortuitously been given charge of a squad of the

greatest new faces in lower-league football (isn't that how these things always start?). Of course,

he's starting out at or near the bottom of a very tall pyramid (team to be later determined).

Objective: to drive these stalwart lads to the top of the *country to be determined* pyramid and beyond, or barring

that, shepherd them to successful careers in professional continental football.

Sign-up/experiment will end as soon as all starting players leave the beginning club. Should

Scott Baker fail, the team will continue to be followed through either an AI manager or second

player manager.

Sign up will be limited to a "Baker's dozen" (13 players: GKDL, DC, DC, DRDMCMCM,

ML, MR, AMC, ST, ST).G

Each person (other than GK) may select a secondary player position, i.e. DL/DC, DR/DC,

DM/MC, AML/ST, MR/AMR, etc.

First goal is fill the 13 and select a nation to play in. The I'll need a few days to get the players entered and the team up and running.

What is needed from you:

Player Name:

Position(s):

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, selecting the home country as 1st or 2nd nationality

will get you more playing time)

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/2001 and

7/1/2003)

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary):

right foot/left foot:

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be

randomized by the database.:

You may select one PPM

CA/PA will be randomized outside of the database and entered.

Also, please vote for the nation to base the team.

Any other thoughts/input is welcome.

Player Name: Dick Biggins

Position(s): CB/DM

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, selecting the home country as 1st or 2nd nationality- Australia/Home Nation

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/2001 and

7/1/2003) 13/9/2002

right foot/left foot: left foot

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be 

randomized by the database.: Tackling Strenghth Marking Finishing

You may select one PPM Looks for Pass

Also, please vote for the nation to base the team.  Scotland

Player Name: Cesare Aurelia

Positions: DL (1st), ML (2nd)

Nationality: Italian / Choice Nation

Birth: 2 Nov, 2002

Foot: Left

Attributes: 18 Marking, 15 Pace, 12 Tackling, 3 Flair

PPM: NA

Vote: Germany

Player Name: Steven Bradbury

Positions: ST (1st) AMR (2nd)

Nationality: Australia/Choice Nation

Birth: 5th September 2002

Foot: Right

Attributes: 18 Finishing, 15 Pace, 12 Off the Ball, 3 Corners

Vote: England

2 hours ago, trigg said:

Player Name: Steven Bradbury

Positions: ST (1st) AMC (2nd)

Nationality: Australia

Birth: 5th September 2002

Attributes: 18 Finishing, 15 Pace, 12 Off the Ball, 3 Corners

Look forward to playing up top with you mate, don't expect me to do much work though....i'm a lazy poacher ;-)

Wonderful to have this signup. Thanks for bringing it to live!

Player Name: Franck Crouch

Positions: ML (secondary position AML)

Nationality: Swedish (=Nation of choice)

Birth: 5/4/2002

Attributes: 18 Determination, 15 Pace, 12 Technique, 3 Long throws

Vote: Sweden

Player Name: Nicholas Marnell

Position: GK

Nationality: English 0

DoB: 25/12/2002

Foot: Right

Attributes: 18 Reflexes, 15 Command of Area, 12 Aggression, 3 Eccentricity

PPM: None

Player Name: Xavier Alden

Position(s): DL  (Secondary: DR)

Nationality: Oslo, Norway

Birthdate: July 10th 2001

right foot/left foot: Left 

Attributes: Crossing 18, Accelleration 15, Tackling 12, Heading 3 

PPM: Get's forward whenever possible

Vote: Germany

12 minutes ago, XaW said:

Player Name: Xavier Alden

Position(s): DL  (Secondary: DR)

Nationality: Oslo, Norway

Birthdate: July 10th 2001

right foot/left foot: Left 

Attributes: Crossing 18, Accelleration 15, Tackling 12, Heading 3 

PPM: Get's forward whenever possible

Vote: Germany

DL is already taken, would you prefer a DR or DC (and I can give you DL as a 2nd position)

5 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

DL is already taken, would you prefer a DR or DC (and I can give you DL as a 2nd position)

Ah, then DR.... Didn't see that, sorry! Oh, and change the preferred foot to right then! :)

Player Name: Alberto Silva

Positions: MC / AM L

Nationality: Portuguese / Choice Nation

Birth: 25/03/2002

Foot: Rigth

Attributes: 18 Long Shots, 15 Finishing, 12 Technique, 3 Corners

PPM: Shoots From Distance

Player Name: David Ginsberg

Position(s): DM/MC

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, selecting the home country as 1st or 2nd nationality- Israeli/Home Nation

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/2001 and

7/1/2003) 10/15/2002

right foot/left foot: left foot

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be 

randomized by the database.: Determination Marking Tackling Finishing

You may select one PPM Looks for Pass

Also, please vote for the nation to base the team.  England

3 positions left, and it looks like we'll start based in England - League 2.  If anyone has a preference for a current League 2 team, I'll take it under consideration, but with 24 teams, we'd likely not have any sort of overwhelming mandate. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_EFL_League_Two

47 minutes ago, podunkboy said:

3 positions left, and it looks like we'll start based in England - League 2.  If anyone has a preference for a current League 2 team, I'll take it under consideration, but with 24 teams, we'd likely not have any sort of overwhelming mandate. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_EFL_League_Two

I'd say Crewe Alexandra. They have a decent youth setup, don't they? Could tie in nicely with all the youth prospects.

Player Name: Piotr Balicki

Position(s): AMC

Nationality/Place of birth (Due to HG roster restrictions, selecting the home country as 1st or 2nd nationality

will get you more playing time): Wroclaw, Poland (home country)

Birthdate (Player age will be set at 15-17 at start of save, so try to keep it between 7/1/2001 and

7/1/2003): 22 december 2002

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): black

right foot/left foot: right

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be

randomized by the database.: Determination 18, Free kicks 15, Passing 12, Tackling 3

vor 2 Stunden schrieb estewu:

7/1/2003): 22 december 2000

Weeeeell, if I am not totally mistaken that date is NOT within the requested limit :kriss:  so what about switching it to 2001?

Player Name: Oliver Rees

Position(s): MR

Nationality/Place of birth: England/South Africa.  Guildford.

7/1/2003): 30/4/2002

Hair color/complexion (if it's necessary): Brown

right foot/left foot: Right

Assign one attribute (4 total) (technical/mental/physical) at 18, 15, 12...and 3. Rest of attributes will be:

randomized by the database.:  Det 18, work rate 15, crossing 12, aggression 3

You may select one PPM: Runs with ball down right

Also, please vote for the nation to base the team. England

just need a center back, a stout young lad to throw himself into the barrage. If no one steps forward by tonight (U.S. CST 8 p.m.), I'll just name him and make him my own. I want to get the database up and running by the end of the weekend. 

10 hours ago, nastymiller said:

Let's start at the smallest club (In terms of stadium) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Green_Rovers_F.C.

Build that club up at the same time when we get sold off ;-)

"The club is the first vegan football club". (er, I don't know about that, but it might make for an interesting bit of narrative...)

Okay, I did a little research, and I'm intrigued. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vegan-football-club-forest-green-rovrs_us_5b6adc74e4b0fd5c73df5c10 Looks like there will be plenty of content to incorporate in the story. We will have to 

remove all the burger vans from the stadium and replace them with carbon-friendly pilafs and lentils and soy protein shakes. 

3 hours ago, Lenzar said:

Nicholas Marnell is a big lad. He likes his steaks blue.

He ain't no vegan. ;)

Apparently, the club only requires the players remain vegan while on club premises or when the club is buying the meals on the road. Players can eat whatever they want with their own money on their own time. I will be keeping the same policy at the club. 

Database is closed to additional players - I created Alexander Wallace, a Scottish center back, a monster of a man with a heart of an angel and a left leg like a cannon. I'll be running database tests, and will announce here when I move the sign-up to FM Stories sub-forum. 

was running the database through 12/25 - discovered that Marcus Marcus had a FInishing of 1...which is bad for a striker, right? Even with that, Forest Green had an 8-point lead at halfway. Well, back to fix the database and try it again...but...the kids already look good at 15-16. 

Hopefully will be uploading an update this weekend, nearing the middle of the season (42 league matches + cups, so it's a slog), and shall we say...things are going well, only problems being injuries and constant player fatigue. Lots of squad rotation and starting players out of position. 

Archived