[FM19][WIP] Faroe Islands Full System

Billedresultat for faroe flagimage.jpeg.1984ddd208422bea676702334c509c12.jpeg

Faroe Island Complete League Structure (Betrideild to 2./3. Deild + U21)

DOWNLOAD | STEAM

Here's the first version of my Faroe Islands update! It contains all four levels of the soccer system in the Faroe Islands, along with the cup, super cup and U21's league and cup. The file is also filled with database updates that reflect real life.

General:

• Two transfer windows
  • Foreigners need work permit (7 £ a week)
  • Discipline rules as stated on faroesoccer.com

Competitions:

• Betrideild - Consists of 10 teams, playing three rounds. Two teams are relegated. Prize money added for the top four teams and a small amount of TV money. No B teams allowed.
  • 1. Deild - Consists of 10 teams, playing three rounds. Two teams are promoted and two teams are relegated. B teams allowed.
  • 2. Deild - Consists of 10 teams, playing two rounds. Two teams are promoted and two teams are relegated. B teams allowed.
  • 3. Deild (inactive) - Consists of 2 teams, just for relegation and promotion.
  • Løgmanssteypið - Cup competition for all the first teams.
  • Stórsteypadystur - Super cup played between the winner of Betrideild and the winner of Løgmanssteypið
  • U21 menn (semi-fictive) - U21 league. A plain league with 11 teams, playing each other two times during the season.
  • U21 Steypakapping (semi-fictive) - U21 Cup. 11 teams played throughout the season.

Database changes:

Well, we got a lot:

• 29 new Awards (fictive, based on the awards of the Danish league system)
  • 78 new cities
  • 752 updates to the clubs
  • 218 updates to the competitions
  • 5 new media sources
  • 6 new stadiums and 263 stadium changes
  • 4 new stage names (used in the cup)
  • New faroese weather, based on the actual weather in the Faroe Islands
  • And most importantly, 663 new people, with 22.426 changes

Most of the info in the DB can be found on fsf.fo or faroesoccer.com, but I've also used some other sources to verify.

9 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Good luck with getting a response from the FSF as they never got back to me when I tried this a few years ago

But either way, I'll be looking forwards to this

At least I speak danish (which they also do), so I might actually get a response. Else I'll go further and take it to the clubs ;)

A little update. I've updated cities, weather, competitions and clubs. I've also added in all active referees and most of the managers/assistant managers who were active between '15 and now.

Next up is the big push to move already existing players to the right clubs and create any missing players, then the rest of the chairmens/coaches/physios/scouts (if I can find any info on them), then awards and lastly the league structure. With any luck the first version of this will be out around Monday next week.

1 minute ago, Willigenburg said:

A little update. I've updated cities, weather, competitions and clubs. I've also added in all active referees and most of the managers/assistant managers who were active between '15 and now.

Next up is the big push to move already existing players to the right clubs and create any missing players, then the rest of the chairmens/coaches/physios/scouts (if I can find any info on them), then awards and lastly the league structure. With any luck the first version of this will be out around Monday next week.

Cannot wait. 😁

Another day, another update :p All existing players based in the Faroe Islands have been updated (retired, moved to new club ect.) and I managed to create all missing players for 07 Vestur, AB and B36 yesterday. Now I only need to create missing players for the 13 other clubs..

9 hours ago, CVFerdinand said:

minimum wage (p/m) in Feroe island is 2.000€? 

According to this  document (page 6) taken directly from the FSFs website, the minimum wage must be at least 300DKK a month (which is around 40€). Remember that most of the clubs are semi-professional, so they will often only have part-time contracts. I'll be looking into the general minimum wage in the Faroe Islands, but for now that's all I got.

I dunno if you should include the 3.deild, I don't think the game is equipped to handle 1st team +  B team + whatever teams play in the 3.deild  + U19 team. For example, E/B Streymur have 3 teams in the 3 deild, so that's a total of 6 teams, no way the squad building AI can deal with that.

30 minutes ago, endtime said:

I dunno if you should include the 3.deild, I don't think the game is equipped to handle 1st team +  B team + whatever teams play in the 3.deild  + U19 team. For example, E/B Streymur have 3 teams in the 3 deild, so that's a total of 6 teams, no way the squad building AI can deal with that.

Well, they do allow you to create up to 3 reserve teams in the editor now. For now, I'll create the 3. Deild and when I get closer to the first release I'll do a lot of testing to ensure that they are working as expected. Also I wont be making an exact copy of the 3. Deild. It will most likely be a lot simpler :)

6 minutes ago, cel1234 said:

Willigenburg

You should ask to help out with the proper game for Faroe Islands i think they were looking for people.

Yes @Nørbæk already asked me in another thread, but never replied to me afterwards. I would like to help out!

A new week, a new update. Yes, I'm still not done. I have added all missing players to all clubs (as identified on faroesoccer.com). This was massive and took quite some time, but they are there now.

Now, I just need to do some CA/PA manipulation for ~600 new players (because having players at CA = 0 & PA = 0 means that they are crap in game :( ) and then recreate the league structure... Easy work ;)

Expected release date: Wednesday evening.

Some things to consider, if you haven't done them already:

- change 'game importance' for the Faroe Islands to at least 'important' (it's at 'completely useless' in the original db, which is far from the truth)

- improve the reputation of the Faroese Cup and the 1.deild (the gap between Effodeildin and 1.deild is too big and the cup reputation is the same as the reputation of 1.deild in the original db, which is obviously wrong)

- maybe consider improving the clubs' youth recruitment, otherwise player quality drops off significantly when newgens start replacing the original players

I'm basing these on the previous version of your Faroese file, so feel free to disregard these if you've already changed these parameters.

3 minutes ago, endtime said:

Some things to consider, if you haven't done them already:

- change 'game importance' for the Faroe Islands to at least 'important' (it's at 'completely useless' in the original db, which is far from the truth)

- improve the reputation of the Faroese Cup and the 1.deild (the gap between Effodeildin and 1.deild is too big and the cup reputation is the same as the reputation of 1.deild in the original db, which is obviously wrong)

- maybe consider improving the clubs' youth recruitment, otherwise player quality drops off significantly when newgens start replacing the original players

I'm basing these on the previous version of your Faroese file, so feel free to disregard these if you've already changed these parameters.

Yes, I am aware of these factors and will look into improving the youth coming through the Faroese clubs :)

2 hours ago, Willigenburg said:

A new week, a new update. Yes, I'm still not done. I have added all missing players to all clubs (as identified on faroesoccer.com). This was massive and took quite some time, but they are there now.

Now, I just need to do some CA/PA manipulation for ~600 new players (because having players at CA = 0 & PA = 0 means that they are crap in game :( ) and then recreate the league structure... Easy work ;)

Expected release date: Wednesday evening.

Really looking forward to this (especially as I'm planning a 2019 Faroes trip in real life) so it will be great fun to manage there. Thanks for the hard work you are doing!

Psssst... Look at the first post in this topic ;)

Also, please, please, PLEASE report any issues! I've edited sooooo many things and while I have tested, you might see something buggy (hopefully not!)

36 minutos atrás, Willigenburg disse:

Got any errors that I can look for?

Also, when did it crash? Which leagues did you load?

I don't found any error but I load Faroe, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Portugal, Spain and England... for exemple, click on faroe flag (to national team) and     
show the crush dump... 

23 minutes ago, CVFerdinand said:

I don't found any error but I load Faroe, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Portugal, Spain and England... for exemple, click on faroe flag (to national team) and     
show the crush dump... 

Got it! Was able to recreate! Will investigate ;)

5 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Good work there

Does the Atlantic Cup still exist that was between the League champions of Iceland and the Faroes??

It doesn't exist anymore, so I haven't included it :)

21 hours ago, CVFerdinand said:

show the crush dump... 

20 hours ago, Willigenburg said:

Got it! Was able to recreate! Will investigate ;)

Try this new one:

Also updated all other download links. Seems that some corrupted clubs weren't deleted in the other file :mad:

Any chance you can provide the list of corrupted clubs in the original file?
I'm stuck in my save (Maybe due to this issue?), and would like to see if removing those clubs might fix it ^^

Found an Error:

In the highest League you've set no B/Reserve Team can be promoted.....

As far as I know, you have to set this in the second Division so no B/Reserve Team gets promoted to the highest Division.

And my Simulation crashed on 10.11.2018 or 11.11.2018 can't remember exactly

1 minute ago, masterlp98 said:

Found an Error:

As far as I know, you have to set this in the second Division so no B/Reserve Team gets promoted to the highest Division.

Some leagues have that set by default, so should be fine. Is it causing any issues for you that it's set like that for you?

Also is the crash happening after Willigenburg fixed the corrupt clubs?

vor 1 Minute schrieb Girafi:

Some leagues have that set by default, so should be fine. Is it causing any issues for you that it's set like that for you?

Also is the crash happening after Willigenburg fixed the corrupt clubs?

Would have to simulate one season to see if a B Team can get promoted to the top tier...

But still, if you look at the rules of the top division you will see that it says: no B/reserve Teams are allowed to get promoted, which is wrong because there is no promotion

Yes the crash did happen with the new file, never used the old one :)

8 minutes ago, masterlp98 said:

Would have to simulate one season to see if a B Team can get promoted to the top tier...

But still, if you look at the rules of the top division you will see that it says: no B/reserve Teams are allowed to get promoted, which is wrong because there is no promotion

Yes the crash did happen with the new file, never used the old one :)

Oh I see. I thought it was set for both leagues. That's an issue then yea.

Weird, the crash got fixed for me after updating.

Also @Willigenburg just noticed that 1. Deild is set as "Domestic League - High". As far as I know that is meant for only the top tier in a country.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Girafi:

Also @Willigenburg just noticed that 1. Deild is set as "Domestic League - High". As far as I know that is meant for only the top tier in a country.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention this, saw this too :)

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Girafi:

I'll do another sim today at some point to see if it always crashes there

1 hour ago, masterlp98 said:

Found an Error:

1 hour ago, Girafi said:

Oh I see. I thought it was set for both leagues. That's an issue then yea.

Will fix both - not how it's meant to be.

Will also try to reproduce the crash. Got any other league packs loaded? Any skins, logo packs etc.?

I holidayed for 5 years without any crashes before releasing :(:idiot:

Gerade eben schrieb Willigenburg:

Will also try to reproduce the crash. Got any other league packs loaded? Any skins, logo packs etc.?

I holidayed for 5 years without any crashes before releasing :(:idiot:

Neub Skin V1.3, Metallic Logo Megapack,.. Never had any problems

No other league packs.

Wanted to holiday till 1/1/2019 and on, i think 11/11/2018 it crashed.

As i said, I'll try it again at some point today :)

7 hours ago, masterlp98 said:

Neub Skin V1.3, Metallic Logo Megapack,.. Never had any problems

No other league packs.

Wanted to holiday till 1/1/2019 and on, i think 11/11/2018 it crashed.

As i said, I'll try it again at some point today :)

Alright - I found the bug and for now I'm going to take the downloads down again.

It seems that if a 2. deild first team moves down to 3. deild, then one of the reserve teams of that same team in the 3. deild will try to move down, even though the 3. deild doesn't define any relegation spots.. Baah, this might take some time....

I always had trouble with 3.deild due to the majority being B and C teams so just left 2.deild as the lowest league but unplayable and only used for teams to fill relegation

If you fix this, it will be awesome

This is sooooooooo annoying.. And so hard...  Random crash dumps and I can't tell why since the freaking dumps give you ABSOLUTELY NO INFO :mad::seagull:. I mean, I'm used to debugging, it's part of my work as a programmer.. But this is just demotivating in every way.

I've been trying several things within the last few hours, but nothing seems to work. Will debug more tomorrow and Sunday - I wont let all my work go to waste.

7 minutes ago, Girafi said:

I think something like that would not be possible, unless you switch over to using advanced rules. Are you familiar with that?

I haven't used the advanced rules for this (Although I have been testing them for other things ;) ). I'm pretty sure this is a problem with relegation/promotion of different teams. I'm trying to narrow it down, but it's hard work debugging this.

2 minutes ago, howabe said:

Considering the issue is related to movement between the 2nd and 3rd divisions, do you know if it's safe to use the file with only the 1st division activated?

It should be safe to just activate the top tier and play there if you want :)

Alright, I've been able to holiday to 2025 without any crashes. Also looked at the leagues each year and they seemed alright. However, the game is still crashing when visiting the Faroese national team page - so still got that to tackle.

It seems that adding in things like transfer-preferences to a country is a problem... Oh well, crash solved. Tested several times and holidayed to 2025 without problems. Had to remove 3. teams and make the 3. deild inactive.

This does give some weird outcomes, but these are acceptable (and were present in the 2018 version of the file as well.

@masterlp98 & @Girafi could I get you to holiday for just a season or two to see if your errors are gone? Thanks <3

DOWNLOAD | STEAM (also update the first post of this topic.)

Archived