New Laptop/PC- Help Needed

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Welshace said:

Wireless card would just mean you don't have to connect to your internet router by a wire..

An SSD is a lovely thing to have but it's not needed for fm really... the game makes little use of one.

Cheers pal.

I've also been contemplating this one which looks top notch for £499 - https://www.tesco.com/direct/cube-essence-nano-quiet-home-pc-amd-quad-core-with-16gb-ram-2tb-sshd-builtin-wireless-micro-atx-tower-amd-a-series-seagate-2tb-sshd-with-8gb-ssd-win/389-9402.prd - what you think?

Been away from the FM fold since '14 and I've finally decided to get back into it now I have plenty of time to waste in my new job! Which also means time for a new laptop, been doing a bit of digging the last few days and have narrowed it down to a handful but just wanted a bit of expert advice. It'll mostly be used for FM, watching films, web browsing and a bit of word processing.

So here are the options:

1.https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/7240-9067-StormForce-7240-9067_2060056.html

Not sure about the manufacturer here, don't know too much about them so it's a bit of a wild card. I do like the idea of a dedicated graphics card though.

2.https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/NX.GKEEK.009-Acer-Aspire-E5-575_2079455.html

From what I've read this seems like a solid choice in terms of processor and the SSD is a big plus in my eyes.

3.http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/acer-aspire-es-15-es1-572-core-i5-7200u-8gb-1tb-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-10-nx.gkrek.010/version.asp

Again this processor seems like a solid choice but to be honest the aesthetics of this one really put me off

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i.e game speed with each option

On 07/03/2017 at 07:19, Welshace said:

Hey, really sorry to hear that, thanks for letting us know, what was their reasoning behind the delay?

Parts for the computer that were imported stuck with customs, they said I could cancel which I did but still won't give me my money back despite having everything in writing! It's in the hands of the credit card company now, takes 60 days to sort out via credit card people!

11 hours ago, Tranmeremad said:

Parts for the computer that were imported stuck with customs, they said I could cancel which I did but still won't give me my money back despite having everything in writing! It's in the hands of the credit card company now, takes 60 days to sort out via credit card people!

Unfortunate about the customs thing, but not giving you your money back is awful, no excuse, I'll certainly stay clear of them.

I was wondering if someone could help. I have been playing Football Manager for years but I have always used pretty basic laptops.

I popped into PC world yesterday for some advice and the guy working there said this will do. 

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-14-an060sa-14-laptop-silver-10156921-pdt.html

I wasn't convinced. Could anyone let me know if this is ok to run FM2017, please?

Thanks

1 hour ago, markfowler73 said:

I was wondering if someone could help. I have been playing Football Manager for years but I have always used pretty basic laptops.

I popped into PC world yesterday for some advice and the guy working there said this will do. 

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-14-an060sa-14-laptop-silver-10156921-pdt.html

I wasn't convinced. Could anyone let me know if this is ok to run FM2017, please?

Thanks

Barely... I wouldn't bother, if your budget is around the £300 mark, i'd consider holding off and saving for around £400 to get something nominally suitable or go the refurb/second hand route.

7 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Barely... I wouldn't bother, if your budget is around the £300 mark, i'd consider holding off and saving for around £400 to get something nominally suitable or go the refurb/second hand route.

Thanks Welshace.

£400 is fine.

Is there anything you can recommend?

On 3/15/2017 at 12:25, cr_bruce said:

Been away from the FM fold since '14 and I've finally decided to get back into it now I have plenty of time to waste in my new job! Which also means time for a new laptop, been doing a bit of digging the last few days and have narrowed it down to a handful but just wanted a bit of expert advice. It'll mostly be used for FM, watching films, web browsing and a bit of word processing.

So here are the options:

1.https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/7240-9067-StormForce-7240-9067_2060056.html

Not sure about the manufacturer here, don't know too much about them so it's a bit of a wild card. I do like the idea of a dedicated graphics card though.

2.https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/NX.GKEEK.009-Acer-Aspire-E5-575_2079455.html

From what I've read this seems like a solid choice in terms of processor and the SSD is a big plus in my eyes.

3.http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/acer-aspire-es-15-es1-572-core-i5-7200u-8gb-1tb-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-10-nx.gkrek.010/version.asp

Again this processor seems like a solid choice but to be honest the aesthetics of this one really put me off

Any help would be greatly appreciated, i.e game speed with each option

Any advice guys? Would like to get an order in before the weekend

@DBoniem

SSD's and HDD's have very little impact on the game... it will simply be how fast you load the game.  processing the actual game while playing isn't affected.

There is very little between the two cpu's in real life performance, haven't tested either with fm particularly, but the i5 edges it for me, simply down to it being a newer generation.

The hd 2500's aren't great really, but you'll play the 3d on low to medium probably.

9 hours ago, cr_bruce said:

Any advice guys? Would like to get an order in before the weekend

Get the first one, on FM processor is king and it blows the others out of the water.  Do a quick google on what the letters that follow the processor mean i.e. hq, mq, U etc.  It may help you decide which is right for you.

At your price point I'd advise this

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/refurbished-grade-a1-hp-pavilion-15-ak085na-core-i7-6700hq-8gb-2tb-windows-a1-k3d61ea/version.asp

it is an open box referb but the specs are outstanding. My current laptop was from these guys and was also an A1 refurb. I was very pleased with mine. In most cases these refurbs are just returns that haven't even been used

20 hours ago, bennytee said:

Get the first one, on FM processor is king and it blows the others out of the water.  Do a quick google on what the letters that follow the processor mean i.e. hq, mq, U etc.  It may help you decide which is right for you.

At your price point I'd advise this

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/refurbished-grade-a1-hp-pavilion-15-ak085na-core-i7-6700hq-8gb-2tb-windows-a1-k3d61ea/version.asp

it is an open box referb but the specs are outstanding. My current laptop was from these guys and was also an A1 refurb. I was very pleased with mine. In most cases these refurbs are just returns that haven't even been used

Is this one of the best laptops to purchase around that price? Considering buying one myself and that fits into my price range.

On 3/17/2017 at 20:43, scott-h22 said:

Is this one of the best laptops to purchase around that price? Considering buying one myself and that fits into my price range.

I would say so Scott, the processor in it is one they use for much more expensive laptops, there is no dedicated graphics though so no real gaming except FM which would have to be on slightly lower settings but like I said I got one from there myself and i've had it for a year and a half with no probs at all.  If you do require better graphics the Stormforce one a few comments above is a good bet.

edit - if you read my post below i've added a bit for your attention (I really need to learn how to tag/multi quote!)

On 3/17/2017 at 09:17, cr_bruce said:

@bennytee

Thanks for the help. What would you say is the better laptop out of the Stormforce and the HP?

From the two the HP is the better laptop in my opinion although there are pros and cons with both, The HP is a refurb but is more powerful, The stormforce is new and has better graphics but doesn't carry the same brand familiarity as the HP.  To be frank though both would be great for FM.

edit - looked into the Stormforce brand and they are made by Zoostorm who make a lot of build to order laptops, they get them from Clevo who are well renowned and have great bios/driver support, from what i've read its pretty easy to get hold of spare parts if need be, with that in mind if you or  scott-h22 could stretch to another £100 quid this StormForce Wildfire Core i7-6700HQ 8GB 1TB + 128GB SSD GeForce GT940 has the best of both worlds with the processor of the HP and the graphics of the other Stormforce plus as a nice Brucey bonus it also has an SSD for quick booting and game saving

15 hours ago, bennytee said:

I would say so Scott, the processor in it is one they use for much more expensive laptops, there is no dedicated graphics though so no real gaming except FM which would have to be on slightly lower settings but like I said I got one from there myself and i've had it for a year and a half with no probs at all.  If you do require better graphics the Stormforce one a few comments above is a good bet.

edit - if you read my post below i've added a bit for your attention (I really need to learn how to tag/multi quote!)

To tag you just type @ and then the persons name and to multi quote you press the plus sign under the posts you want to quote and then in the bottom right it'll say "quote 2 (or however many you're quoting) posts" :thup:

15 hours ago, bennytee said:

From the two the HP is the better laptop in my opinion although there are pros and cons with both, The HP is a refurb but is more powerful, The stormforce is new and has better graphics but doesn't carry the same brand familiarity as the HP.  To be frank though both would be great for FM.

edit - looked into the Stormforce brand and they are made by Zoostorm who make a lot of build to order laptops, they get them from Clevo who are well renowned and have great bios/driver support, from what i've read its pretty easy to get hold of spare parts if need be, with that in mind if you or  scott-h22 could stretch to another £100 quid this StormForce Wildfire Core i7-6700HQ 8GB 1TB + 128GB SSD GeForce GT940 has the best of both worlds with the processor of the HP and the graphics of the other Stormforce plus as a nice Brucey bonus it also has an SSD for quick booting and game saving

Thank you, you've been really helpful with those two posts.  I am tempted to purchase the StormForce one but I don't know if I could justify paying €773.97 plus postage for a laptop which I most probably will only play FM on and use to browse etc.  You say the HP would be good but have to run FM at slightly lower settings, would that mean it won't be able to load numerous leagues or are you talking in terms of the 3D match engine? (At the moment I play without the stadium and weather loaded in basically all I see is the players, the pitch, a ball and goals) 

Generally what is the lifespan on refurbished second hand laptops?

25 minutes ago, scott-h22 said:

To tag you just type @ and then the persons name and to multi quote you press the plus sign under the posts you want to quote and then in the bottom right it'll say "quote 2 (or however many you're quoting) posts" :thup:

Thank you, you've been really helpful with those two posts.  I am tempted to purchase the StormForce one but I don't know if I could justify paying €773.97 plus postage for a laptop which I most probably will only play FM on and use to browse etc.  You say the HP would be good but have to run FM at slightly lower settings, would that mean it won't be able to load numerous leagues or are you talking in terms of the 3D match engine? (At the moment I play without the stadium and weather loaded in basically all I see is the players, the pitch, a ball and goals) 

Generally what is the lifespan on refurbished second hand laptops?

Cheers, @scott-h22 

With the HP it would be the lower graphics as it doesn't have a dedicated/descreet graphics card.

Refurbs can really vary but the HP I recommended is A1 which will be barely used, if at all.

they describe it on their website as this

A1 Refurbished 
A1 are open boxed units which have been returned usually due to been unwanted. The units may have at very worst case have very faint minor /non-permanent blemishes. All units then undergo a full 25-point inspection by our experienced tech team ensuring they are in full working order. Once all relevant checks have been complete the units are then securely repacked ready to be resold. Please note although we can’t guarantee that these units are still in their original boxes with all their original accessories we can confirm that on average 85% of our stock is still in its original packaging.  

My own Laptop here that I bought from them around 2 years ago is still going great guns and came in its original box and looked brand new not even a blemish, the keyboard and trackpad are not to everyones taste so that may have been a factor in its return.  I was initially very cautious about parting with around £800 if memory serves but I did my research and the company have great reviews and customer service although I have not had to deal with them directly myself due to being very pleased with my purchase.  I'm currently running all European leagues with 134000 players and a really decent pace, I would expect the HP to run the same maybe even slightly better

My take on the HP is this

pros -

Genuine quad core i7 processor that knocks the socks off anything at that price which will mean running more leagues and having a larger database

cons -

you'll be looking at low/medium settings in terms of the 3D match engine

That said I don't think any of the Laptops we've discussed would be a bad choice at all

44 minutes ago, bennytee said:

Cheers, @scott-h22 

With the HP it would be the lower graphics as it doesn't have a dedicated/descreet graphics card.

Refurbs can really vary but the HP I recommended is A1 which will be barely used, if at all.

they describe it on their website as this

A1 Refurbished 
A1 are open boxed units which have been returned usually due to been unwanted. The units may have at very worst case have very faint minor /non-permanent blemishes. All units then undergo a full 25-point inspection by our experienced tech team ensuring they are in full working order. Once all relevant checks have been complete the units are then securely repacked ready to be resold. Please note although we can’t guarantee that these units are still in their original boxes with all their original accessories we can confirm that on average 85% of our stock is still in its original packaging.  

My own Laptop here that I bought from them around 2 years ago is still going great guns and came in its original box and looked brand new not even a blemish, the keyboard and trackpad are not to everyones taste so that may have been a factor in its return.  I was initially very cautious about parting with around £800 if memory serves but I did my research and the company have great reviews and customer service although I have not had to deal with them directly myself due to being very pleased with my purchase.  I'm currently running all European leagues with 134000 players and a really decent pace, I would expect the HP to run the same maybe even slightly better

My take on the HP is this

pros -

Genuine quad core i7 processor that knocks the socks off anything at that price which will mean running more leagues and having a larger database

cons -

you'll be looking at low/medium settings in terms of the 3D match engine

That said I don't think any of the Laptops we've discussed would be a bad choice at all

Thanks for all your help pal, I don't even think the low/medium settings on the 3D engine is much of a problem for me to be honest as long as it doesn't lag and I can have the stadium and weather effects showing I think that will be fine.  I'd imagine i'll probably purchase the HP laptop then. :)

5 hours ago, scott-h22 said:

Thanks for all your help pal, I don't even think the low/medium settings on the 3D engine is much of a problem for me to be honest as long as it doesn't lag and I can have the stadium and weather effects showing I think that will be fine.  I'd imagine i'll probably purchase the HP laptop then. :)

No problem mate, happy gaming whatever you decide  :thup:

That refurbished HP with Intel Core i7-6700HQ looks like a good price and I might buy one tonight. I've been trying to find a laptop with i7-6700 around £500 so that fits the bill. How many leagues do you reckon it can load with all graphics (facepack,kits,badges etc) ? I'm looking to load a lot of leagues and start unemployed. I play on 2d so don't really care about the graphics card.

3 hours ago, GriffiN94 said:

That refurbished HP with Intel Core i7-6700HQ looks like a good price and I might buy one tonight. I've been trying to find a laptop with i7-6700 around £500 so that fits the bill. How many leagues do you reckon it can load with all graphics (facepack,kits,badges etc) ? I'm looking to load a lot of leagues and start unemployed. I play on 2d so don't really care about the graphics card.

It depends what you would call quick but as an example my in 4710mq runs all of Europe at a pace I find acceptable.  I tend to load everything to start with and then take leagues away as my save develops. 

18 minutes ago, bennytee said:

It depends what you would call quick but as an example my in 4710mq runs all of Europe at a pace I find acceptable.  I tend to load everything to start with and then take leagues away as my save develops. 

Ok thanks for the help , I'll get that ordered when I get home from work. I currently have an intel pentium 2020m and I think it loads quick enough with 12 leagues and large DB but it's on it's way out. 

Now they've sold out , that's frustrating 

3 hours ago, GriffiN94 said:

Ok thanks for the help , I'll get that ordered when I get home from work. I currently have an intel pentium 2020m and I think it loads quick enough with 12 leagues and large DB but it's on it's way out. 

Now they've sold out , that's frustrating 

Very frustrating lol I was about to order one and saw your post. :( 

26 minutes ago, scott-h22 said:

Very frustrating lol I was about to order one and saw your post. :( 

I was going to buy it yesterday but I got sidetracked and I wanted to check a few things and then it went. I managed to pick one up on eBay for £465 but it's a used one. It's also the 1tb version but that's more than enough plus I have a 2tb external hdd spare.

@bennytee

I will. Laptop arrived today, really happy with it. As you said it's turned up in perfect condition without a mark on it and runs really well. Currently installing FM so hopefully be able to get the benchmark done tomorrow. Thanks again for your help!

@scott-h22 @GriffiN94

If you find a refurb laptop that takes your eye with laptopsdirect.co.uk I can definitely vouch for their quality.

@cr_bruce No problem at all, part of me was worried that i'd recommended it and it would turn up covered in dents looking like it had been in a war zone!

Glad your pleased mate, makes two of us that can recommend them as i'm sure many have throughout this thread.

21 minutes ago, cr_bruce said:

@bennytee

I will. Laptop arrived today, really happy with it. As you said it's turned up in perfect condition without a mark on it and runs really well. Currently installing FM so hopefully be able to get the benchmark done tomorrow. Thanks again for your help!

@scott-h22 @GriffiN94

If you find a refurb laptop that takes your eye with laptopsdirect.co.uk I can definitely vouch for their quality.

I went with the http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/stormforce-wildfire-core-i7-6700hq-8gb-1tb-128gb-ssd-geforce-gt940-dvd-rw-7270-9069/version.asp in the end, ordered it this morning but then they decided they wanted to ring me while I was at work for a security check (not sure if this is standard procedure) and I couldn't take the call so I probably won't get it until Friday at the earliest. I'll do the benchmark when I can. :)

7 minutes ago, scott-h22 said:

I went with the http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/stormforce-wildfire-core-i7-6700hq-8gb-1tb-128gb-ssd-geforce-gt940-dvd-rw-7270-9069/version.asp in the end, ordered it this morning but then they decided they wanted to ring me while I was at work for a security check (not sure if this is standard procedure) and I couldn't take the call so I probably won't get it until Friday at the earliest. I'll do the benchmark when I can. :)

Hope you get it all sorted mate, I was speaking to somebody today about the Stormforce brand and they said they'd heard good things so I think you made a really good choice there.  

Be great if you can add to the benchmark thread as there's a lot more desktop PC results there than mobile ones and makes it a lot easier to give future recommendations with real world results

Got mine today also and it's fantastic. Had a bit of a problem at first in that I had a boot error when I loaded it up but it seems to be fine now. I've started my unemployed career too! I have 36 leagues loaded iirc and it runs so quickly. I will do a benchmark test tomorrow but I did one on my old laptop earlier and it had 10 and 20 minutes as the results.

12 minutes ago, GriffiN94 said:

Got mine today also and it's fantastic. Had a bit of a problem at first in that I had a boot error when I loaded it up but it seems to be fine now. I've started my unemployed career too! I have 36 leagues loaded iirc and it runs so quickly. I will do a benchmark test tomorrow but I did one on my old laptop earlier and it had 10 and 20 minutes as the results.

Good stuff, was it the same model and processor as the other HP I recommended?

On Sunday, March 05, 2017 at 09:06, bennytee said:

Great choice, what was the cost?

Sorry for the late reply it cost me £817 it arrived on thursday runs everything great so far and super fast thanks to upgrading that kingston ssd to a super rapid 256GB SAMSUNG PM961 M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 2800MB/R, 1100MB/W) which starts the laptop in like 6 seconds.

7 hours ago, bennytee said:

Good stuff, was it the same model and processor as the other HP I recommended?

Yes it was. The only difference it it's a 1tb HD but that's more than enough and I have a 2tb external hdd anyway. Great recommendation and thanks. Would recommend this to anybody reading.

15 hours ago, GriffiN94 said:

Yes it was. The only difference it it's a 1tb HD but that's more than enough and I have a 2tb external hdd anyway. Great recommendation and thanks. Would recommend this to anybody reading.

Glad to help, it can be a real minefield knowing what to buy and I remember got a lot of useful information from this thread myself

Hi All,

Currently looking for a laptop or desktop (laptop ideally as I am short on space in my flat) and just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the below:

https://www.johnlewis.com/dell-inspiron-15-5000-series-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-ram-256gb-ssd-amd-radeon-r7-15-6-/p3124483

Would you say its a good price for the spec and do you think it would run FM's for the next few years? Also do you think the graphics card could handle the 3D engine on the highest settings?

Cheers :)

Andrew

Hi,

My laptop has gone dead on me- gutted.

In desperate need of a new one.

I'm one that likes to load lots of leagues with a large database. Looked on this for advise and some great advise from knowledgeable people. Which one of these would be best for my needs??

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/NX.G66EK.004-Acer-Aspire-V15_2095447.html

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/products/keywords/HP+Pavilion+17/ex/true

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-core-i7-6500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-10-professional-lap-x0q13ea/version.asp

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/7240-9067-StormForce-7240-9067_2060056.html

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks

6 hours ago, Lone Gooner said:

Hi All,

Currently looking for a laptop or desktop (laptop ideally as I am short on space in my flat) and just wondered what peoples thoughts were on the below:

https://www.johnlewis.com/dell-inspiron-15-5000-series-laptop-intel-core-i7-16gb-ram-256gb-ssd-amd-radeon-r7-15-6-/p3124483

Would you say its a good price for the spec and do you think it would run FM's for the next few years? Also do you think the graphics card could handle the 3D engine on the highest settings?

Cheers :)

Andrew

Do you need it to be portable? (is long battery life a factor for you?)

Does it have to John Lewis?

What is your budget?

3 hours ago, Moelyn5 said:

Hi,

My laptop has gone dead on me- gutted.

In desperate need of a new one.

I'm one that likes to load lots of leagues with a large database. Looked on this for advise and some great advise from knowledgeable people. Which one of these would be best for my needs??

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/NX.G66EK.004-Acer-Aspire-V15_2095447.html

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/products/keywords/HP+Pavilion+17/ex/true

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-core-i7-6500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-10-professional-lap-x0q13ea/version.asp

https://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/7240-9067-StormForce-7240-9067_2060056.html

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I would go for this http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/stormforce-wildfire-core-i7-6700hq-8gb-1tb-128gb-ssd-geforce-gt940-dvd-rw-7270-9069/version.asp

I recommended it further up this page to @scott-h22 and he'll be able to tell you more about it than I can in terms of leagues it will run etc, but my guess is a shedload.

As i've mentioned before and you can read above, in FM processor is king and this one has the best you can get under a grand

9 hours ago, bennytee said:

I would go for this http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/stormforce-wildfire-core-i7-6700hq-8gb-1tb-128gb-ssd-geforce-gt940-dvd-rw-7270-9069/version.asp

I recommended it further up this page to @scott-h22 and he'll be able to tell you more about it than I can in terms of leagues it will run etc, but my guess is a shedload.

As i've mentioned before and you can read above, in FM processor is king and this one has the best you can get under a grand

Hey man,

Would you say this one of the best laptop I could get under 700? Like the post above I just want play a large number of leagues and a good speed and ideally something that will last a few years.

I would like to build my own PC but the spec on this laptop looks fine tbh.

9 hours ago, bennytee said:

I just got it this morning, i'll let you guys know as soon as I can what it's like in terms of loading leagues etc, it might take a while to get everything downloaded though as I still have very poor internet speeds - joys of living in Ireland. :lol:

1 hour ago, scott-h22 said:

I just got it this morning, i'll let you guys know as soon as I can what it's like in terms of loading leagues etc, it might take a while to get everything downloaded though as I still have very poor internet speeds - joys of living in Ireland. :lol:

If you can that would be great. Thinking of going for it but need to double check..

Hey guys.

I'm wondering would anybody be recommend the best laptop I can get for around £500-650....

I've read positive reviews for A1 refurbed machines from Laptops Direct so willing to give them a shot.  I've seen the following:

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/grade-a1-hp-250-g5-core-i7-6500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-1-77374860-1-x0q13ea/version.asp

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-au151sa-15-6-laptop-black-10156899-pdt.html

http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/stormforce-wildfire-core-i7-6700hq-8gb-1tb-128gb-ssd-geforce-gt940-dvd-rw-7270-9069/version.asp

However I'm open to suggestons.  My laptops are ideally used for word processing, working on emails etc for work but a big big demand for a laptop is FM so it's always the Barometer for success.  I used to be involved in IT and never needed much guidance on picking things but times have caught up on me so I'll take the advice of the newer generation of experts hahah!!

I usually run a medium database but with lots of leagues.  Of the top of my head I run England (to league 2), Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Russia, USA, Argentina, Brazil and considering including the Chinese leagues since the big money lies in these markets nowadays.  These leagues will usually all run to the second highest division where applicable.  I often also include Norway, Denamrk, Sweeden also as non playable also but not overly fussed on them.

I know my games will be slow but ideally I'm looking for the best possible machine in that price range.  

Anybody any suggestions on the best machine or comments on how the two machines will run?  My pref will be the refurbed machine from Laptops Direct unless people tell me not to trust them!

Thanks

Looking to order this weekend if anybody can advise.

1 hour ago, Conor O'Hare said:

I had seen the recommendation in a few of the latest pages so decided to add it to see if it was good for a larger spec game.

Will look into ordering, had never heard of the manufacturer so wanted to ensure it was good shout.  Thanks for answering.

Just been talking to one of the guys on this thread and he's really impressed with it. 

Archived