I got an infraction for exposing the truth about supposed 3D

The idiocy of this thread is embarrassing. I recommend going to the library and getting a book called '3D for dummies'

Had a look down the library for this book and its been rented out to a guy whos name escapes me oh yes mel gibson he is starring in conspiracy therioes 2 lol

At the end of the day who cares it looks good too me :-))

No quite because in a first person shooter you can clearly move around a 3D space. There are no indications the players are even doing that. If that was a real 3d space SI would not think twice about have a free camera.

LOL but they are, they move around the pitch. They not going to move to the stands are they and sit down with Mike Ashley with a pint are they? Or go and que at the snack bar.

There's a very good reason for the fixed camera angles - if you spend a little less time conspiring and a little more time thinking then it'll be pretty obvious.

Your infarction would have been for spamming - opening the same thread multiple times.

Chaps you seem the experts, tell me is this 3D?

http://www.blendernation.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/moonkiroe_mmorpg.jpg

Bear in mind it looks vastly better than the FM engine graphics.

Are you doing a school project? You seem very intent on getting us to identify whether various screenshots are 3D or not. Stop changing the subject.

Is that picture of a 3d game? yes or no? You all avoided it.

It looks like a no - but then I don't know what game that it. Besides, wasn't your point all about the freedom of movement of cameras and angles and suchlike? If so, you can't tell from a screenshot.

Jesus christ, dont you realise how far sprites have come since the mario days.

Are you getting good graphics confused with what 3D actually is?

The camera pans around in FM and has multiple views from different angles, meaning that each player has a full 3D figure in which a ball is kicked around a flat plane of grass in in an open 3D environment, rather than 2D where you can only see an object from one side

Seriously give it up already. You're either incredibly stupid or on the wind up. Personally I think it's a bit of both

• SI Staff

I don't know how many times you need to be told before it gets through to you.

All of the animations in the game are sourced from the Virtua Striker series and have been converted and tweaked for Football Manager. Everything you see in the 3D match view has been created in a 3D application.

Just because there isn't a free-cam doesn't mean it's not 3D. Our debug tools allow us to zoom in as far as we want but this isn't possible in the release game for legal / licensing requirements.

No, that is 2D. The game is only rendered along two axis, x and y.

The FM09 camera can pan across the pitch length-ways and also be taken up for a bird's eye view above the pitch. How could it do that if it wasn't 3D?

Nobody is saying the engine looks great, being 3D doesn't automatically make it look better than a very detailed 2D game. But it's 3D, and you're one of the most braindead people I've ever seen on the internet.

That's a postprocessed image that'll quite easily fool someone at first glance. If you'd actually try to play fair and show an actual image from that game the answer would be quite clear.

Quite clearly? How did you conclude quite clearly? We might be getting somewhere at last.

Sorry, I modified my post and made it more conditional. Anyway, you're boring me. This is quite clearly 3D in terms of there is now depth perception, the graphics are rendered across the three dimensional axis, so there's not really much more to say. Fair enough, I don't believe in Santa, you don't believe in the difference between SI's 2D rendering and 3D rendering.

Yawn.

• SI Staff
Matt, when the government tells us we cant smoke it public it doesnt mean we cant discuss it. Please, Dont play the troll angle. Its the most common defense used on the internet nowadays.

This is the fifth (I think) topic opened with false accusations about Sports Interactive and accusing us of lying. If that's not trolling I don't know what is.

I knew it. I knew he wouldn't stop.

Proof:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=1969325&postcount=16

You're obviously trolling or trying to discredit the game in some way, because your argument is much too stupid to be real.

argument:

You can't change the view of the camera freely

Therefore,

the game is not 3D

Horrible argument. You don't have to be able to move the camera freely, many games don't let you do that, even on Pro evolution soccer 2008. There are different cameras, each camera with the players doing the exact same thing. Because they are different views of the same thing. Also, comparing a sports game to a fps is stupid. As for your picture, show me the same view from a different angle. if you can do that, then it's 3D. The computing power you would need to display the 4 different views of the same thing would be massive.

You should work in Advertising.

It's almost a case of Not-made-from-wheat-made-from-oats-instead-abix. As mentioned earlier, for the people with more important things to worry about - it is 3D.

It's an advance on the old 2D, it looks like 3D to everybody other than you and Stevie Wonder. I have no idea if it is true 3D in the eyes of Jesus and the Lord and anybody else who cares have an opinion.

You must be great fun to spend time with....

Matt, when the government tells us we cant smoke it public it doesnt mean we cant discuss it. Please, Dont play the troll angle. Its the most common defense used on the internet nowadays.

not one single person has taking you up on this over 2 days. Not ONE single person has agreed with you. So why don't you just wrap this up and join in on the hundred of other threads on the go and stop trying to force your opinions on everyone else. Nobody agrees with you.

Im guessing an infraction is also one of those defense tools.

You've discussed it. Five times. What are you hoping to achieve?

Archived