Are us Aussies getting the game a day early?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I physically have the game, but why aren't the servers up for the activation now if they've been given the go ahead for selling today?

Why?!

This is just a middle finger to people, in fact this activation malarky in general is just complete toss and a giant middle finger to the consumer! In fact if I remember correctly the last company that tried an inventive activation system is currently in the courts with a class action suit against them for it!

The biggest problem with things like this system is that in the end, game pirates aren't going to be affected, because if you can make it, they can break it. I don't care how good you think your system is SI, it's not going to do ****! Does everyone remember Spore's apparently "unbreakable" system? I think it's now the most pirated game ever or something to that effect... Anyhow, the only people that are going to be affected are the consumers who actually pay for the game, and some of them are going to be ****ed in the arse by SI and have to get new keys because of computer **** ups whilst people who stole the game will be enjoying their football manager unscathed!

Also, as for this strange system you've got going with the server activation... Why? What's the ****ing point? This is actually a serious question? Why would you even bother, who the **** cares if someone get's the game early? In the case of Australia, I was told a week ago that the game would come on sale on the 13th of November and today I bought it, and yet I've got to wait for some ****ing random time in the morning, when my one free afternoon to enjoy the new football manager before the busiest ****ing week of the year is already behind me...

Back to the point about the apparent issue with games being released early... What's wrong with it? What would it hurt if some people got to play it a day early, does the enjoyment of your target audience bring pain to you lot or something? It might explain why you managed to **** up the injuries in the demo for another year running!

I installed it completely but to do this you have to select to activate using the internet/phone method instead of Steam. This way the game installs completely but won't let you open the actual fm.exe file to play the game.

You can however open the editor and find all of the -10's and -9's. No Australians in either of those two categories by the way.

But it was useful to look at the A-League squads and see how various players are rated, including the youth league players, which is great to see.

I installed it completely but to do this you have to select to activate using the internet/phone method instead of Steam. This way the game installs completely but won't let you open the actual fm.exe file to play the game.

You can however open the editor and find all of the -10's and -9's. No Australians in either of those two categories by the way.

But it was useful to look at the A-League squads and see how various players are rated, including the youth league players, which is great to see.

Cool thanks

Hmmm....I'll have to try it again. I kept getting an invalid code warning and couldn't go any further than that.

EB is a damn rip off! 89 dollars and they still sell fm 08 for the same price! For those in Melbourne Metro, there's a shop in the CBD, 183 Elizabeth St. called Dungeon crawl which sells FM09 for 69.95... Not sure about their stocks though...

no stock in at the moment, when i went there earlier today (about 15:30ish).

The game cannot be installed if you choose the Steam installation method until the activation servers are online at 6am tomorrow. I guess you'll just have to wait ;)

Yes, I realise this. Please read post #109.

BP Doosra are you using a Mac?

I physically have the game, but why aren't the servers up for the activation now if they've been given the go ahead for selling today?

Why?!

This is just a middle finger to people, in fact this activation malarky in general is just complete toss and a giant middle finger to the consumer! In fact if I remember correctly the last company that tried an inventive activation system is currently in the courts with a class action suit against them for it!

The biggest problem with things like this system is that in the end, game pirates aren't going to be affected, because if you can make it, they can break it. I don't care how good you think your system is SI, it's not going to do ****! Does everyone remember Spore's apparently "unbreakable" system? I think it's now the most pirated game ever or something to that effect... Anyhow, the only people that are going to be affected are the consumers who actually pay for the game, and some of them are going to be ****ed in the arse by SI and have to get new keys because of computer **** ups whilst people who stole the game will be enjoying their football manager unscathed!

Also, as for this strange system you've got going with the server activation... Why? What's the ****ing point? This is actually a serious question? Why would you even bother, who the **** cares if someone get's the game early? In the case of Australia, I was told a week ago that the game would come on sale on the 13th of November and today I bought it, and yet I've got to wait for some ****ing random time in the morning, when my one free afternoon to enjoy the new football manager before the busiest ****ing week of the year is already behind me...

Back to the point about the apparent issue with games being released early... What's wrong with it? What would it hurt if some people got to play it a day early, does the enjoyment of your target audience bring pain to you lot or something? It might explain why you managed to **** up the injuries in the demo for another year running!

You're lucky you even have the game, it wasn't supposed to be released until the 14th. Everyone knew that it required authentication to play, and yet you're still angry?

Get a hobby. Build model planes or something.

Tried to unlock it using Steam but it didn't work. Then used the internet activation system and it worked perfectly and I'm playing the game right now - might start off in the A-League actually.

iglesia - I'm not using a Mac, before (yesterday) I could install but not activate but this still allowed me to access the Data Editor. I'm using XP if it makes any difference.

Go back and read my post from 4 days ago you Numpty.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=1984517#post1984517

It's a shame this place has been overrun with Fifa n00bs in the past couple of weeks. :-(

Well if you read your own posts, #111 and #112, where you said: "It stops at the product key stage for me. I bought the game at EB today and tried to install it. I'm not sure if you can install the whole game via steam", and then read my post...I was replying to what you said and only trying to help. So honestly, act your age. I really dont expect that when I'm taking time trying to help someone :) perhaps you should evaluate your own behaviour first.

Cheers

he isnt exactly good though is he, and he is 35 or so, im a sydney season ticket holder, so dont think im hating onthe a-league, but the a-leage is very poor as opposed to the rest of the big leages, look at dwight yorke, washed up in the premier leage and arguably the best player to have played in the a-league, they will always have alot lower CA and CP than EPL, LaLiga etc

I'm well familiar with Dadi with him being at Tranmere and now Perth. These days, I'd say a CA of 69 is about right.

He was also at Forest. A complete waste of space.

The fact he is considered one of Perth's best players would tell you all you need to know about the A-League.

Looking forward to playing my when I get home from work in 2 hours time!!!

EB is a damn rip off! 89 dollars and they still sell fm 08 for the same price! For those in Melbourne Metro, there's a shop in the CBD, 183 Elizabeth St. called Dungeon crawl which sells FM09 for 69.95... Not sure about their stocks though...

Funny I went there and the dude at the counter told me they'll be selling it at RRP ($90)...this was on wednesday

Archived